Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

1161719212228

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Fox bled a bit more into the scales, but the door failed to open any more.

    The Jolly Rogers

    Each human in the mural lacked one eye and held their gouged out eye in their hand, as if presenting it for view. As Helter examines the murals, thunder tumbled and cold snow began to fall....

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod
    Fox pulls at the scale. Does anything happen?

    If not Fox throws the blood from the scale towards the painting.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Ah I see...”, somehow, they think, as I don’t have eyes myself, “Hey, my fellow very brave adventurers...”

    Helter then throws a coin across the room, just to see if they cyclops would turn, then carries on quietly circling.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    The statue had a tight grip on the scales. The scales tipped to and fro as they were manipulated. A growl issued from the statue. The flicked blood splatterd onto the murals and the paintings feast, their faded colors restoring with each drop.

    The Jolly Rogers

    The cyclops whirled to look at the coin briefly before craning it’s head towards Helter.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Seeing the reaction to the door that spilling blood into the scale had, Krolax follows suit as he bites off some of the skin on his thumb and applies pressure, causing blood to trickle into the basin until the door opens more.


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods
    Defy Danger +Str or +Con. Same thing for anyone else choosing to spill blood

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Defy Danger +Con

    Defy Danger +Con:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=1, 5]

    VayBJ4e.png
    Roshyyk
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for defying danger using strength

    defying danger using strength:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=5, 2]


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    Lig spilled out blood, the liquid seeming to flow faster than a normal wound. The door opened a bit more though. Krolax bore his pain proudly, showing no sign as his blood filled more of the scale. The door was nearly opened.
    Go ahead and do 2 dice of damage to yourself, Lig

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 18/23 HP

    “Yer all damned crazy” The Dwarf states as he watches Fox take a dagger in the chest, and then the rest of the group proceed to still spill this blood. Seeing the door open, however, made it clear what Durgon had to do. Borrowing Fox’s dagger, he makes a slit on the back of his hand and drips the blood onto the scale as well.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Dwarves are Strongfolk

    Dwarves are Strongfolk:
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=5, 3]

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Geth, roll 2d6 for bloodletting

    edit 5-2= 3 damage


    Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 17/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land

    bloodletting:
    2d6 5 [2d6=1, 4]

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Arngrim, in grim solidarity, slices his palm on his massive sword, and with a clenched fist appeases the dreadful scale.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for blood appeasement

    blood appeasement:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=6, 2]

    Roshyyk
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Arngrim was able to let blood without issue, Durgon less so.
    Durgon, roll 2 damage dice against yourself

    The statue tipped the scale towards it's mouth and drank as the doors slid open, allowing access deeper into the pyramid.

    The Gauntlet of the Purified Dead



    The corridors stretched and wound through the darkness, catacombed with the resting dead in their burial shrouds. A music of some kind pervaded the air. This d*mned song overtook the senses leaving you all twisted about.

    "Take a turn a half step left,
    A Right again in 3 skulls,
    You've reached dead end
    And start over again!
    Pop! Goes the Weasel!"

    And on and on.
    Whomever wishes to try and find a way can roll Defy Danger with +Wis or +Int. How do you withstand the song and navigate out?

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6-1 for Ouch

    Ouch:
    2d6-1 5 [2d6=4, 2]

  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    The sanguine lusts of our barrier satiated, Arngrim presses forward into the depths of the pyramid.

    Hand on the handle of his miniature oversized sword, he takes in his surroundings.

    What does he see?

  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Geth, roll 2d6 for thinking clearly

    thinking clearly:
    2d6 4 [2d6=3, 1]


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    "The turn up there
    might be the way out!
    But it just might be
    a death trap!
    In this place,
    It's a bum wrap!
    Pop! Goes the Krolax!"


    On through the corridors, walls adorned with hieroglyphs of the dead and the priests who prepared the way, Krolax plunged on. He walked into a dead end chamber. As he turned to leave, he finally saw the crowd of mummies that had gather in his wake and they grasped his head and squeezed.....
    Geth, roll 2d20+2 Pop! Goes the Krolax!

    Pop! Goes the Krolax!:
    2d20+2 24 [2d20=4, 18]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Human - Druid | HP 17/21 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land[/green]

    Baro rushes to tackle the Mummies and attempt to free Krolax from their grasp

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Defend

    Halve the attack’s effect or damage

    Defend:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=4, 3]

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 21/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Seeing the horde of mummies staggering toward him, Krolax covers his face with his cloak to mask his mouth and, with his booming voice, shouts at the mummies, “Stand down, or else you will be no more!”

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for stopping the assault with charisma

    stopping the assault with charisma:
    2d6+1 4 [2d6=1, 2]


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    The mummies squeezed, Krolax's bones cracked as new pain blossomed. Lig launched himself into the fray, tossing some of the undead away, but more were pressing on in.
    Take only 12 damage Krolax. Otherwise, feel free to act to overcome this challenge folks.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Roshyyk
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Boar Form - Druid | HP 17/21 | DMG D6 | AR 3 on land

    "Arngrim, we need your help!

    Pull Krolax back! I'll make a path!"

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Shapechange into the Mountain Boar

    Mountain Boar Notes
    Lig, hold 3. Gain +1 armor from the boar hide and you may spend hold to charge, which if you have sufficient to charge, allows you to roll double damage. You can also spend hold to Ignore Pain. This means when you use that ability, you roll your damage die and reduce the damage taken by that amount

    Lig moves to intercept!

    to Shapechange into the Mountain Boar:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=5, 2]

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    Roshyyk
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for tusk and slash! (strength)

    tusk and slash! (strength):
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=1, 4]

    VayBJ4e.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 13/23 HP

    Even as Arngrim presses forward and is attacked, and as Lig rushes to defend him, Durgon holds tight, studying the sound. The last room was a riddle, and this would be the same. The mummies were a threat obviously, but they would continue to be a threat until the riddle of the room was solved. The song grated against his ears, a taunt almost, but at the same time, it contained a pattern. It was trying to get them lost, so, perhaps the answer was just to go the opposite of it's direction. Turn right instead of left, left after the skulls. The Dwarf had seen firsthand what the impact of failure was going to be, but they weren't going to get out just by trying to attack the mummies directly while the riddle remained.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Solving it all (+Wis)

    Solving it all (+Wis):
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=3, 4]

  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company @Nips @Rezari @LaserFowl @SalmonMax

    "Well go on. Don't be shy, girl." How did he suddenly appear behind Nimue like that? He gently nudges her toward the yawning visage. "Choose one of the visions to make a reality. Or dare to write your own..." He leans in, rasping, "I like the ones where I'm alive."

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    ”All around the catacomb maze
    The restless dead awaken...”


    Lig plunged headlong into the mummies, began trying to crush him.

    Durgon fought the maddening influence of that d*mned song, going opposite it’s way. Pursued by the mummies, the Crusaders found another door and crashed heedlessly through....

    The Crypt of the Necrodancers



    A crowd of the undead cavorted in the wide chamber, reveling to the unholy music projected from a pair of sarcophagi on the opposite end of the chamber, where two liches worked infernal devices to the delight of the assembled zombies, vampires, wights, and others. The Ramrods’ hearts pounded along with the beat as the mummies began to shuffle in time to discordant yet melodious noise. A shining crystal flowed brightly between the sarcophagi
    Geth, roll 2d20+2 Fresh Squeezed Boar!

    You may attempt to use your smooth movements to make your way across the chamber with Defy Danger +Dex, or you may try to look cool and fit in with Defy Danger +Cha

    Fresh Squeezed Boar!:
    2d20+2 33 [2d20=12, 19]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Nips
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 3d6 for ignore pain (3 hold)

    ignore pain (3 hold):
    3d6 8 [3d6=2, 3, 3]

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 2d6 for Last Breath

    Last Breath:
    2d6 8 [2d6=6, 2]

    VayBJ4e.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    Somewhere in the chase through the maze, Lig lost consciousness as the mummies shattered bones and pierced organs....

    ***

    Lig awoke at the top of a great mountain. He stood before a Black Gate. Death perched atop the gates in the form of a black dragon.

    ”What a tragic end. The dead ever seek to claw their way back to the living. But you know that it is not meant to be. Life must die that life may live. You may enter my kingdom, or you may send another in your stead. There is an elf in the Fortress I cannot reach. Send their delectable soul into my embrace before you recover the wand, and you will buy yourself another chance. Do we have an accord?” They craned their neck down to stare at Lig.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | L3 | Human Barbarian | HP 10/24 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    As he shakes off the mauling he had just taken, Krolax holds his sword upright, as if it were another person, and asks, “May I have this dance?”

    He waltzes between the mummies, and every so often, when twirling, brings his dance partner up to cleave the other patrons of the dance party.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for looking cool

    OOC
    Would also like to attack in the process. If it’s possible, I’ll roll for it, but it all is contingent on this CHA roll

    looking cool:
    2d6+1 12 [2d6=5, 6]


    AustinP0027
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Krolax’s sword whirled and flashed as he moved among the dead, his movements eye-catching. (no, seriously, he stabbed out several eyes with that thing) Several of the monsters were cut down by his blade as he cleared a path with his deadly dance.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    AustinP0027RoshyykVirgil_Leads_You
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | 13/23 HP

    Durgon advanced as Krolax cleared a path amongst the dancers. There wasn't a visible exit here like the previous two rooms, so he advanced towards the one other thing that stood out, the shining crystal. Durgon studies it, looking to see if it's something that could be grabbed, or if the liches might notice.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Durgon moved past some of the undead. The Liches launched blasts of tonal magic at each other, battling in song and spell. The Crystal was finely cut, but as Durgon moved closer, a mosh pit of the dead surrounded him.
    Defy Danger with Dex or Cha dwarf.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Rage building as his companions are overwhelmed, Arngrim grits his grim teeth and lets the violence take over.

    Sword flashing, he flings himself into the monster mosh, getting a circle pit going as he herds the horde with fury and might, attempting to use the horde’s momentum to reach the crystal.

    Geth roll 2d6+0 to start a circle pit

    a circle pit:
    2d6+0 10 [2d6=5, 5]

    JPantssaber_of_blackVirgil_Leads_You
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    Arngrim masterfully moshed with monsters, crashing them against the raised portion of the floor the Liches were commanding the beat from. Only the spells slinging back and forth stood between the Crusaders and the crystal which pulsed as power was channeled through it.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Panting with rage, Arngrim eyes the blinding, pulsing crystal. Covered in sweat and blood not his own, he lifts his crushing slab of a sword and leaps toward the eldritch rave bulb through the fray of blasting magic, roaring in dissonance to the pusling beats!

    RoshyykVirgil_Leads_You
  • SalmonMaxSalmonMax Registered User regular
    Kestrel finally picked up the wand. For good or for ill, she'd paid for it and it was hers. She reckoned that was so regardless of whether or not she actually had it in her hand.

    She turned it over to read the word on its side. Mending, eh? Curious.

    Then she looked over at Nimue. What would happen if she chose nothing? If fate wasn't followed, or was allowed to take whatever course it would?

    Either way, it would be interesting to see. Though she wasn't wild about the 'getting crushed' one.

    zeframsee
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Dead | HP -5/21

    Lig sighs and thinks on his master and his senior disciples.

    "I wanted to return you to our home in the mountains...
    but I think... I also wanted to join you... I miss you so much."

    Lig turns to the Black Dragon

    "I will give my own fate to you before altering another's."


    Lig kneels to the Black Dragon perched on the gates of death, and gazes upon the mountain scenery around them.

    "I could love these mountains, I was so foolish to worry about the others..."

    VayBJ4e.png
    MatevRoshyyk
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    zeframsee wrote: »
    The Ramrods

    Panting with rage, Arngrim eyes the blinding, pulsing crystal. Covered in sweat and blood not his own, he lifts his crushing slab of a sword and leaps toward the eldritch rave bulb through the fray of blasting magic, roaring in dissonance to the pusling beats!

    OOC

    FUCK EM UP ARNGRIM!

    VayBJ4e.png
    zeframsee
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Death nodded, the Black Gates opening onto a pastoral mountainside, beckoning Lig therein....
    Lig has died. Virgil, you may roll a new character.

    ****
    Arngrim and the rest, to proceed, further Defy Danger is required

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Helter waits patiently for the other members of their party to consider the situation, as they patiently laid on the floor pretending to be dead.

    “I think he needs an eyeball, so get him one or I’ll just have to fight him,” they raise their voice, “Nothing personal nilclops, you understand.”

Sign In or Register to comment.