Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

1181921232428

Posts

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    LaserFowl wrote: »
    Grim Company: @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Rat starts towards the next exit out of the room to get a look at the next one.

    The Argent Specter follows closely behind, shield and lantern in hand, ready to defend.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Team Ramrod | Capt' | L3 | Wizard | HP 12/12 | DMG D4 | AR 2 with spell

    The Captain leaves the room and investigates the painting along the west wall.

    "Yar this painting be of a fine door, seems to me to be quite suspect. Ya walk into a room of magical paintings, ya might try touching one with a door.
    Lets file that one with the Spellbook."

    She could hear water flowing to the north now.
    And so the Captain passes north to investigate the sound of water.

    "Bwahaha, I hope this be the sound of treasure!"

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Grim Company - The Shrine of the Silver Monkeys

    r7xbtdsz856e.png



    The walls and ceiling of this chamber were covered with vines and great trees, the sounds of jungle birds and
    animals permeating the hall. Six silver statues of demons with monkey faces and ruby eyes flanked the chamber. A massive silver idol of a crosslegged
    girallon dominated the chamber, a look of savage rage on its face. A brilliant light shined from a pool of pristine water in the center of the room. As you entered the chamber, the idol creaks as it clambers to it's feet. letting out a metallic shriek as it moves to attack.

    The Ramrods

    Sorry, forgot the map on the last post for the room, here you go just in case it changes your direction.


    The Jolly Rogers
    Helter, recharge one damage die of HP, you caught a glimpse of the Black Gate before coming back to the land of the living

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Roshyyk
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Update to the post above

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    Nimue followed along though she shook her head a bit in a dazed state but... didn't say anything.
    Only Helter May read this
    "h-hello? who is this? How exactly are we having a chat right now? ... and I'm afraid I didn't catch most of that.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Jolly Rogers

    The skeleyon’s skull spins before coming to a stop as they land on their feet.
    Only Nimue may read this:
    I’m Hepsipa. I feel I’ve not said that for a long time... I’m just the daughter of a sealgair. Pleased to meet you. I think it must be the will of this place, and it’s master... What do you know of the ur-mage?
    At sea, will post more tomorrow.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Team Ramrod | Durgon | L34 | Cleric | HP 24/24 | DMG D6 | AR 1

    Durgon follows the group into the new room, flush with new energy after they had been jolted with power, as well as the discovery of a valuable artifact. The shrine they discovered, however, took some of the shine out of their recent success. The spellbook peaked his interest, but the pedestal it sat upon was grotesque. Still, with the Captain's warnings of the book, the Dwarf decided that perhaps the pedestal itself might warrant further inspection. If the book was powerful, why wouldn't the pedestal have a means of protecting it?

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Realities (Looking at the dead people)

    Questions:
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    What here is useful or valuable to me?
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    Discern Realities (Looking at the dead people):
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]

    AustinP0027 on
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    the spellbook is wildly powerful, and could be wildly dangerous. The undead’s jaws and cheeks flex like they’re trying speak, but can’t because their mouths are sewn shut. The spellbook and the magic it contains could be useful.

    Everything appears as you see it for now.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax

    The Argent Specter, catching the glimmer of the ruby eyes of the statues flanking the chamber, is struck with an idea. A nonviolent one, even, despite the shrieks and growls of the girallon ahead.
    "The Wraiths protect and defend me."

    The paladin holds the ruby lantern aloft, hoping that its light will mollify or distract the enraged statue-beast.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Grim Company: @Nips @SalmonMax @Rezari @LaserFowl

    Vermilion giggles maniacally at the oncoming ape, the ruby lantern light playing menacingly on his features. "Let us write a new verse in the Song of the Sepulchral Knight, eh..."

    The elf begins recounting Argent's deeds and harrows with crystal clarity, from the days of his murderous spree at court, stepping foot through the door of the Inn at the End of the World, onward to the battlements of the fortress- things he should not know, could not know...

    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Arcane Art (Heal 1d8 on Argent and +1d4 damage
    Geth roll 1d8 healing from last post that I forgot
    Geth roll 1d8 healing from this song

    Arcane Art (Heal 1d8:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=4, 3]
    healing from last post that I forgot:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]
    healing from this song:
    1d8 4 [1d8=4]

    saber_of_black on
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | Lvl 4 | Human Barbarian | HP 25/25 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Feeling a bit unnerved by the thought of what terrible things have come/will come from this book, Krolax turns his attention to the corridor to the north.
    What do I see?


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company

    The Girallon Idol galloped through the pool, seemingly undeterred by the light of the lantern. Two of it’s paws swung wildly above it’s head. Another is held closed palm up as it closed the gap.

    The Ramrods

    The small corridor to the North of the Shrine ended in a door similar to those encountered before, the mithril knob shining invitingly.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Argent Specter | L3 | Paladin | HP 18/25 | DMG D10 | AR 4 (Scale Armor/Shield/Holy Protection)

    The paladin, seeing no reaction to the lantern, drops it and in the same smooth motion draws his sword back and bellows at the charging Girallon.
    "Untamed beast! The Wraiths have judged you, and by my hand their judgement shall be served. I am their imperfect servitor, but their will made manifest nonetheless!
    Stand down!"


    Geth roll 2d6+1 for I Am The Law

    I Am The Law:
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=3, 4]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | Lvl 4 | Human Barbarian | HP 25/25 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Krolax leaves Durgon near the book as he walks down the cooridor to inspect the door. He places his ear up to the door to check if he can hear anything on the other side.


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Grim Company

    The idol's advance didoes not cease. It swiped with rending claws at the Specter, snatching him up and hurling him into the pool.
    Geth, roll 2d8+5 Rending Claws

    Specter, Defy Danger+Dex


    The Ramrods

    Krolax heard nothing of interest at the door. But then, nothing to impede the search either. The fortress shook a little, as if something giant was bounding through it.

    Rending Claws:
    2d8+5 12 [2d8=6, 1]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Argent Specter | L3 | Paladin | HP 18/25 | DMG D10 | AR 4 (Scale Armor/Shield/Holy Protection)

    The paladin, hurled by the girallon, attempts to land gracefully in the pool.

    Geth roll 2d6 for Defy Danger (+DEX) in a gentle landing

    Defy Danger (+DEX) in a:
    2d6 6 [2d6=2, 4]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company

    The Specter was pitched unceremoniously into the pool. As he entered, the pristine pool suddenly changed into a nightmare, a deep sunk cistern with gemstones glimmering amongst coral and seaweed covered bones. Humanoids with fins and gills emerged from the debris and pulled the Specter down as they sang a relaxing melody.
    Geth, roll 1d12 Drowning damage.

    Ignore armor for result Specter.

    Drowning damage.:
    1d12 9 [1d12=9]

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    Helter flings themselves at the cyclops in courageous stupidity!

    Geth roll 2d6 for Attack

    Geth roll 1d8 for Damage

    Geth roll 1d8 for Serpent’s Tear Damage

    Taking the best result.

    Attack:
    2d6 9 [2d6=4, 5]
    Damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]
    Serpents Tear Damage:
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Argent Specter | L3 | Paladin | HP 1/25 | DMG D10 | AR 4 (Scale Armor/Shield/Holy Protection)

    The paladin, finding himself suddenly underwater, begins to thrash and slop his way toward the surface.

    Observers, as if there could be any in this murky pool, would describe the motion less as "swimming" and more as "bludgeoning the water out of his way".

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Grim Company
    Specter, Defy Danger +Str to break loose this deadly pool


    The Jolly Rogers
    Helter, how you kill the Cyclops?

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Helter lifts into the air with eeiry grace. Sickle in both hands, they spin and land beyond the cyclops... who’s head slowly slides to the left, then hits the floor with a dull thud.

    His arms remain outstretched for a moment, and then his bowl of eyes tips as they let go of the key. The headless body topples onto the rolling eyes with a gruesome squelch!

    The skeleton thief lets out a sinister cackle as they rise.

    Endless_Serpents on
    saber_of_blackEgos
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | Lvl 4 | Human Barbarian | HP 25/25 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    Now that he is in an area by himself, Krolax begins to hum as he props his sword upright. The sword seems to be balancing itself. A distant echo softly resonates to the ears of the warrior, ”Yes, my child?”

    Krolax responds, “Grandmother, we seems to have hit a crossroad. What do you feel I should make my focus, or what direction should I be taking?

    Heirloom Mechanics
    When you consult the spirits that reside within your signature weapon, they will give you an insight relating to the current situation, and might ask you some questions in return, roll+CHA. * On a 10+, the GM will give you good detail. * On a 7-9, the GM will give you an impression.

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for consulting with meemaw

    consulting with meemaw:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=2, 3]


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    Krolax felt his grandmother preparing to draw on her wisdom when the sword began to teeter.

    No! You cannot take me! Child, do not let it take me....! Grandmother’s essence was drawn from the sword, the light mist curling out through the air before being pulled into the spellbook, which began to purr satisfactorily.

    The Jolly Rogers

    As the body collapsed, leaking more blue ichor, the eyes shot multi-colored rays, dispelling the lightning blocking the doors. The circle of tunes in which the Cyclops stood also began to glow.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Roshyyk
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Helter dances around the circle of tunes.

    “Okay, let’s get out of here buddy, unless you see something worth investigating.”

    Circle of Tunes is now playing:

  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Krolax | Lvl 4 | Human Barbarian | HP 25/25 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D10 | 22 Gold+Gold hand clutching blade

    As the spirit of his grandmother was whisked away by some unknown force, Krolax's blood begins to boil and his sight fades as he begins to lose all sense of reasoning. His best friend was, not only, physically taken from him, but now spiritually taken from him.

    "GRANDMOTHER! NOOOOO!"

    Krolax runs over to the giant, mystical book and rips open the cover in hopes of releasing his beloved grandmother.


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Ramrods

    Krolax’s efforts were in vain as the book fails to budge, though his muscles flexed and strained. Through red haze, he could see the book was locked tight. The tarrasque binding ensured the tome could not be opened by brute force.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Argent Specter | L3 | Paladin | HP 1/25 | DMG D10 | AR 4 (Scale Armor/Shield/Holy Protection)

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger (+STR) to Bludgeon the Water

    Defy Danger (+STR) to Bludgeon the Water:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=4, 3]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company

    The Specter thrashed to the surface, the slimy clawing hands raking at his armor as he heaved out onto the edge of the tranquil looking, placid pool.

    Unfortunately, one of his companions had not fared so well in the interim...
    All right Argent Specter, who suffers because you were not there to stand fast?

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Capt' | L3 | Wizard | HP 12/12 | DMG D4 | AR 2 with spell

    The Captain hears the cries and actions of Krolax the Mighty and returns to the party.

    "You say the book has your grandmother?
    That old bones won't go down to her foes easily.
    Allow me to help summon her close."

    The captain's voice bellows with arcane power

    "To the fiercest of the south seas. Return to your flesh and blood and give aid to his questions."

    Name the spirit you wish to contact (or leave it to the GM). You pull that creature through the planes, just close enough to speak to you. It is bound to answer any one question you ask to the best of its ability.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Contact Spirit

    Contact Spirit:
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=3, 1]

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    "After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells."

    Struggling against the might of that damn book is difficult.
    I will need to rest to pull a soul from that beast again.

    Quickly, Krolax!
    Grant your grandmother's spirit it's vessel!

    Sputlyre pulls with their fist the spirit from the purring book

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    I hemmed and hawed over this for a few hours, and can't see another way forward that respects the fiction:
    Vermilion, Rat, and Kestrel seem like they're in a shape to react, while Nimue seems distracted by something. I think Nimue takes the hit.

    Sorry Rezari :(

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Don't sweat it Nips it happens
    Only Helter may read this!
    "The Ur Mage? huh well... oh uh, hang on a second something is happening..." and then there is silence! For reasons.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    The Grim Company

    Nimue was snapped out of her reverie as the idol scooped her up and hurled her across the room towards wall, roaring that discordant, gonging roar from it's belly.
    Geth, roll 2d8+5 Lawn Darting


    The Ramrods

    Grandmother shook her head.

    "It's grip.....it is strong....I won't be able to stay for long...!" Even as she spoke, her essence seeped back towards the book, "Ask, anyone ask me something, I don't want to go back in there...!"

    Lawn Darting:
    2d8+5 20 [2d8=7, 8]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    "Who was your favorite grandchild?!"
    Sensing the urgency, Sputlyre asks a quick question

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    Roshyyk
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    Ravas loosens his grip on his weapons , surprised as he watches the Cyclops felled. "That was impressive.". He gives Helter a nod of appreciation. He then bends down and picks up the dice and shell , putting them on his persons.

    He looks over tot he cyclops's corpse again impressed. Walking around it, he makes his way to the spilled eyeball. He reaches down and picks up two of them, he holds up the weird objects in Helter's direction. Before pocketing them . Then walking over fallen giant key.

    "Any way we can take this with us?" his voice sounded doubtful and considering the sheer size of the object
    Can we use a rope to lug the key or is it really , really big?

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    ”That is an interesting question, my children bore many children themselves...” Grandmother continued to speak, taking her time with getting to the answer.



    The Jolly Rogers
    It’s not so big as to be impossible to carry, it’s only weight 2. Basically it be a key the size of a Zweihander.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Haha! You funny sod Ravas.” Helter puzzles over the key with him, “I don’t mind carrying it about, but you’re the strong one. I bet you could beat a man to death with that!”

    Helter tears away strips of their cloak to use as ropes, belts etc.

    Helter is now pretty much just in a hood and leather armour.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Jolly Rogers

    "Worst case, I accidentally crush some goblin with it." Ravas bends down, he touches the key with one hand cautiously at first and then grabs ahold with his other hand and pick the key up.
    so don't have to roll to carry /lift it right if just the size of a zweihander?

    Geth roll 2d6+3 if it weighs a ton. Also because it might be funny.

    'Ravas attempts to pick up the key but rolls a 5 and drops it :D "

    it might be funny:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=3, 3]

  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black @SalmonMax
    Nimue throws her arms up and screamed as she went hurtling towards a wall by the monster's throw... but just before she impacted, the hour glass symbol on her arm suddenly glowed brightly and a net made of vines and plants dropped in front of the druid and caught her ... sort of, more stopped her deathly crash and bounced her to the floor mostly harmlessly. "I'm ok! Ow."
    I was hoping to save that for later but the alternative was DEATH O_O

    Nipssaber_of_black
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company

    Nimue was saved by the vines, just enough give in them to prevent all but the most basic scrapes and bruises. The idol howled and stomped, swiping at the other members of the company in front of it.

    The Jolly Rogers

    Ravas is able to pick up the key without complications.



    latest?cb=20100402022226


    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
Sign In or Register to comment.