Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

1246728

Posts

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I was trying really hard not to just go just full Doom Slayer. I clearly failed in some respects.

    Pretty sure that guy is level 10, though. Maybe the Argent Specter gets there? Who knows!

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Good morn Crusaders, it is the dawn of our final day of waiting. The air is crackling with anticipation! A few pieces to start the day:

    @ChaosHat
    @Cheeseliker

    We are still awaiting information from you. You don’t have to have this moment, but the time draw nigh.

    Party 3, do you have a name for your band?

    Another piece of the Sundered World has been shaped!

    The gods of this world's pantheon have an open invitation for the Ur-Mage to ascend to godhood, as that would allow them more direct control over him, and would provide a one-way ticket to being locked away in the Vault of Heaven. He always turns this down, preferring to torture and control their servants and worshippers. Once in an era, the gods scheme a way to trick the Ur-Mage into ascending, but he has thwarted all their past attempts.

    Merely 3 more crusaders need step forward and fortress will have a full complement! You have less than 16 hours to etch your name in glory.

    I will get on it by end of today!

    ChaosHat.com - Twitter - Twitch Stream - Steam: ChaosHat - 3DS: 5215-0009-1949
    SC2: ChaosHat.444 ggtracker
    MatevRingoVirgil_Leads_You
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    In my heart Party 3 will be known as The Thieve’s Tools, but I’d rather someone else chose the official title.

    Edit: Or Spinal Comrades!

    Edit: Or Hoods & Hats, a fellowship of dapper gentlefolk.

    Edit: Or Mi Mana su Mana.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I would just like to add that Helter’s formal title is The Grim Sneaker.

    Ringo
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @Nips You're more than welcome to join us.

    Selgith turns a moment before catching the air of brimstone. His cold flesh crawls as the knight of some hellbent Power enters in full plate, antithesis of the White Worm of Winter, and yet even rivals had uses.

    Leaving Rat to her meal, he stands with green glaive by his side. A few patrons were already scurrying from this newcomer's presence.

    "Do you seek fellow crusaders?" He asks cooly.

    saber_of_black on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Sorry, I'm at a wedding this holiday weekend. If need be, you can give up my spot, I wont have a character until sunday.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Sorry, I'm at a wedding this holiday weekend. If need be, you can give up my spot, I wont have a character until sunday.

    If it’s until Sunday, no problem. Just get it together when you can.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    “Or the Five Dungeoneers!” blurts out a hooded figure as they jostle for room, deftly catching mead as it almost spills.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    @saber_of_black @LaserFowl

    Nimue approaches her companions at their table, patting Selgith on the arm as she passes, "here I thought you might leave without me, but I should have thought better" She flashes a smile, before taking up a seat next to Rat. The druid was wearing her ceremonial robes and carrying with her a magically shaped staff of silver wood from her homeland.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @Nips You're more than welcome to join us.

    Selgith turns a moment before catching the air of brimstone. His cold flesh crawls as the knight of some hellbent Power enters in full plate, antithesis of the White Worm of Winter, and yet even rivals had uses.

    Leaving Rat to her meal, he stands with green glaive by his side. A few patrons were already scurrying from this newcomer's presence.

    "Do you seek fellow crusaders?" He asks cooly.

    Argent's helmet cocks up slightly, its eye-slit leveling with Selgith's gaze. A vacant, almost hollow growl issues forth from within:
    "I seek the utter destruction of the Ur-Mage's legions, and to crush the foul sorcerer's skull beneath my boot. If that fits within your cohort's schemes, you may have my blade and shield until my end."

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    In my heart Party 3 will be known as The Thieve’s Tools, but I’d rather someone else chose the official title.

    Edit: Or Spinal Comrades!

    Edit: Or Hoods & Hats, a fellowship of dapper gentlefolk.

    Edit: Or Mi Mana su Mana.
    • The Jolly Rogers
    • Santa’s Sleighers/Slayers or just Sleighers/Slayers
    • Skeleton Crew
    • Dead Ringers
    • This is Spinal Tap

    All I got <_<

    Ringo
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    @Nips @Rezari

    Selgith acknowledges the elven druid brushing his arm with a scowl. "We're still missing your duelist friend..."

    He beckons the Hollow Knight join them at the bar, then murmurs, "Our patrons and outfitters require we name our company for gambling purposes. I care little what you decide, but decide quickly."

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    A new piece of the Sundered World has been shaped!

    When Death was undone, a black spot appeared upon the face of the sun. Barely perceptible in the early days, as the ages stretch on, the 'Dead Spot' grows. It now consumes about a quarter of the celestial disc. The elders remember the great forests being greener in their childhoods and farmlands producing in abundance. Winters seem to stretch these days and the dawn struggles another hour or so before cresting the horizon.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    EgosAustinP0027NipsAuralynx
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    @Nips @Rezari

    Selgith acknowledges the elven druid brushing his arm with a scowl. "We're still missing your duelist friend..."

    He beckons the Hollow Knight join them at the bar, then murmurs, "Our patrons and outfitters require we name our company for gambling purposes. I care little what you decide, but decide quickly."

    The armored form of the Argent Specter follows Selgith to the bar, where he stands with his arms crossed. It is little sign that he has chosen to join this cohort, but in the absence of any acknowledgement of the others in the room it is a sign nonetheless.

    The Argent Specter joins Party 1! This ought to be weird and interesting.

    I'm so pumped right now!

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm going to play Gimlet, the Halfling Thief. Shifty eyes, hooded, dark clothes, lithe body. Gonna take Cheap Shot and Underdog.

    The thing I proclaim is: in the part of the world my thief comes from, there exists a guild of wind mages. They try to emulate the wind: unseen and quick. Light and untouchable. My character comes from this group, not magically inclined but still adopted as a ward of one of the mages. This is what caused him to decide to be a thief, to develop those qualities like the wind.

    ChaosHat.com - Twitter - Twitch Stream - Steam: ChaosHat - 3DS: 5215-0009-1949
    SC2: ChaosHat.444 ggtracker
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black

    The halfling urchin is equal parts stuffing bread, cheeses, and meats in her mouth as she is pocketing them in the pouches of her cloak; convinced she'll need them later. She nods at Nimue, then looks up at the Hollow Knight with a little unease before swallowing too much food and chasing it with a big ol' ale. "Hi. You can call me...Rat." She says her name with vitriol.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    LaserFowl wrote: »
    @Nips @Rezari @saber_of_black

    The halfling urchin is equal parts stuffing bread, cheeses, and meats in her mouth as she is pocketing them in the pouches of her cloak; convinced she'll need them later. She nods at Nimue, then looks up at the Hollow Knight with a little unease before swallowing too much food and chasing it with a big ol' ale. "Hi. You can call me...Rat." She says her name with vitriol.

    The Specter's visored gaze tilts down to the halfling.
    "You seem...disenchanted of your name. Better to have one and hold it, than have it ripped from your being and cast aside. Better still to choose one that shows to the world your noble character. Though true nobility is scant in this land."

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black

    "You got us a quiet one Selgith, I'm not entirely sure he's ... quite all right" She tilts her head and looks over this... person who decided to join the team. "As for me, you can call me Nimue, and that is ... quite a greeting for our dear sneak here." She smirks and turns to Rat. "I suspect the naming duties is being pawned off on us my lovely"

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Rezari wrote: »
    @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black

    "You got us a quiet one Selgith, I'm not entirely sure he's ... quite all right" She tilts her head and looks over this... person who decided to join the team. "As for me, you can call me Nimue, and that is ... quite a greeting for our dear sneak here." She smirks and turns to Rat. "I suspect the naming duties is being pawned off on us my lovely"

    The armored figure turns and regards you, and you see a slight softening in his posture.
    "Nimue. Greetings. It has been long since I have...socialized, and like any disused tool my skills have become...rusted."
    He straightens, and puts a fist to his chest in a sort-of salute.
    "I have arrived in continuance of a crusade long in years, and I intend to breach the fortress's gates and bring justice to the evil within. You seem no crusader, at home more in the wilds than the bloody fields, judging from your countenance. Why have you chosen to walk this path to the Ur-Mage's sanctum?"
    The Specter's posture relaxes a bit.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ok, a couple bits of housekeeping.

    The spoiler tags will help to convey out of character. You can also hide your rolls in here

    We can still use sign ups, so if folks feel like jumping in, just note it in some spoiler tags or PM me.

    Chaos, Cheese, as we're short a few volunteers, you may choose to attach yourselves to an existing party, or you can wait in reserve either for a backup request or some other folks to make their way in, your call.

    Otherwise, let's get this show on the road!

    As the hours whiled into the night, people filtered in and out, giving the crusaders various looks, some of awe, some of fear, and even some of pity. Eventually, the candlelight burned down to a nub, and the crusaders shuffled off to rest or find solace in at the bottom of the mug, whatever their preferred of coping with the impending challenge ahead.

    ***
    An ominous pall falls over the Last Village, @ChaosHat , @joshgotro , @Egos , @Auralynx , @Endless_Serpents , @saber_of_black , @Ringo , @LaserFowl , @Fuselage all gain 1 level! Everyone had excellent submissions (Some worthy in and of themselves of their own dungeons!), but I found the suggestions I took from these folks made for the most interesting combinations. Congrats

    ***





    After a sumptuous last breakfast, you and your gear are loaded onto wagons and wheeled out of the Last Village. The End of the World is a wind-swept waste. You believe you see magical creatures flitting over the horizon, but otherwise you are the only living things on the blasted plain.

    After hours of travel, you come to a large slope. The wagons leave you at the base, the teamsters vowing to go no further in this cursed land. Ascending to the top of the slope, you find it is the rim of a massive crater, with what can only be the Fortress of the Ur-Mage at the center. From this view, you can tell there is an Outer Fortress, a moat of some stripe, an inner fortress, then another moat protecting the central tower.

    Circling the crater, you see that the walls are positioned to face the North, East, West, and South. Fixed at the base of each wall is a great stone skull. The North, South, and West skulls have gaping maws open to beckon you in the fortress. The North’s eyes are lit with Blue flames, the West’s eyes burn a regal Purple, and the South’s eyes shimmer with Green flames. The Eastern Skull’s eyes have no light, and is mouth is shut with grinning stone teeth.

    Which entrance do you choose?

    aebhnacs5aj0.png
    I know it's Labor Day Weekend, and people are up to various activities, so no Grim Portents so long we get moving no later than Tuesday, but of course you're welcome to get going sooner. Good luck Crusaders, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Endless_Serpents
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Happy to take on another team member for
    The Ramrod Ur-Punks of the Big Tiddy Owl!

    er... I mean The Ramrods would be happy to take another member on!

    VayBJ4e.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Halfling Shape - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land | ?? Gold

    Lig takes stock of the different entrances with open gates, as he arrives with the Ramrods.

    "I figure I'll scope out the the Southern Skull as an owl.
    Get some height and get a better idea about what's going on in that outer fortress.
    What do y'all think?"

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    @Matev
    Is it too late to suggest Fortress parts for the bonus level boon? I legitimately missed that in the Shaping the World text (because I am are dumb), and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't take an extra ten minutes to contribute.

    If it's too late, I'll deal and forge onward regardless.

    @saber_of_black @LaserFowl @Rezari

    The Argent Specter squints through his visor, staring at the one closed skull entrance.
    "The ways of the infernal are cunning and duplicitous. As to the open doors, I suspect the phrase is 'Spend not your gaze upon the hell horse's open maw', yes? Perhaps we should investigate the closed door.
    Then again, my sinews have not crushed the spine of a devilish beast in nary a fortnight, and I grow weary of the lull. I am likewise open to charging through the nearest open edifice."


    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I am afraid that time has past, to take new suggestions into consideration would require redoing at least one room, if not several based on cascading changes. Fear not, this will not be your only chance to gain stature and glory in this dungeon.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Halfling Shape - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land | ?? Gold

    Lig overhears the Argent Specter.

    "I suspect the gates will be the one honest aspect of the fortress.
    Besides, if crusaders could break through a closed gate...
    Well. they wouldn't have us wait for the doors to open, I'd think.

    More importantly, whatever you find in there, I hope our teams can work together.
    Competition is fine right up until it causes folk to lose their lives"

    VayBJ4e.png
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    @nips @laserfowl @rezari @salmonmax

    Quiet leading up to the crater, Selgith's ire is suddenly sparked with talk of friendship. He steps between Lig and Argent, speaking coldly, "There are no alliances in the Fortress beyond this one pact between the four of us... and that damned duelist whenever he pops up."

    He juts his chin toward the closed skull gate. "I suspect you may be correct, knight, in approaching the clamped jaws. I will call upon the boundless wisdom of the Pale Father once we are nearer." And then he's heading that direction, green glaive over one shoulder.

    saber_of_black on
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Lig laughs and winks at The Argent Specter.
    A chuckle in, Lig proceeds to walk away
    carrying their shillelagh in Selgith's manner.

    VayBJ4e.png
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?


  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Owl Shape Attempt - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land | ?? Gold

    Right, I'll check for any movement or an ur-wizard welcoming committee while I'm up there.
    I'll go loud if so, and return immediately.
    Lig gives a mock "Whooo" and opens their arms outward, holding and folding their shield and shillelagh towards their body.
    The party witnesses Lig's bark skin ripple into feathers and the flesh, to fit that of an Owl.
    Lig's mark of tree bark remains on the crown of the bird.

    Mechanics - Shapeshifter
    When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis.

    ✴ On a 10+ hold 3.

    ✴ On a 7–9 hold 2.

    ✴ On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says.

    You may take on the physical form of any species whose essence you have studied or who lives in your land: you and your possessions meld into a perfect copy of the species’ form. You have any innate abilities and weaknesses of the form: claws, wings, gills, breathing water instead of air. You still use your normal stats but some moves may be harder to trigger—a housecat will find it hard to do battle with an ogre. The GM will also tell you one or more moves associated with your new form. Spend 1 hold to make that move. Once you’re out of hold, you return to your natural form. At any time, you may spend all your hold and revert to your natural form.

    Roll
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Owl Shape

    Owl Shape:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=1, 6]

    VayBJ4e.png
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10


  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @AustinP0027 @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You @zeframsee

    Halwyr stands over Squibble, watching the halfling tool his trade. ”Need some help?"

    Halwyr smirks and leaves the thief to his business.

    His yew staff becomes solid in his hand, positioning the business end of it at the ground, Halwyr moves swiftly and with purpose. In a matter of moments, runes spread from one end of the gate to the other.

    The staff disappears and Halwyr opens his senses, locating the arcane energies, pulling from the fount, Halwyr looks for his other compatriots before finishing his magics.
    @Matev I'm trying to use the Ritual move to set a barrier over the south gate.

    Roshyyk
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10
    Negative. Our forum bot, Geth, can roll dice for us. You just have to tell it to. For example:

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Show Roshyyk the ropes.

    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Owl Shape Attempt - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land | ?? Gold

    Right, I'll check for any movement or an ur-wizard welcoming committee while I'm up there.
    I'll go loud if so, and return immediately.
    Lig gives a mock "Whooo" and opens their arms outward, holding and folding their shield and shillelagh towards their body.
    The party witnesses Lig's bark skin ripple into feathers and the flesh, to fit that of an Owl.
    Lig's mark of tree bark remains on the crown of the bird.

    Mechanics - Shapeshifter
    When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis.

    ✴ On a 10+ hold 3.

    ✴ On a 7–9 hold 2.

    ✴ On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says.

    You may take on the physical form of any species whose essence you have studied or who lives in your land: you and your possessions meld into a perfect copy of the species’ form. You have any innate abilities and weaknesses of the form: claws, wings, gills, breathing water instead of air. You still use your normal stats but some moves may be harder to trigger—a housecat will find it hard to do battle with an ogre. The GM will also tell you one or more moves associated with your new form. Spend 1 hold to make that move. Once you’re out of hold, you return to your natural form. At any time, you may spend all your hold and revert to your natural form.

    Roll
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Owl Shape


    Lig seamlessly transforms into a owl.
    Your Hold may be used for 1 post's worth of flight without complications, it may alternatively be used to give you a +1 to Discern Realities

    to Show Roshyyk the ropes.:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=3, 5]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Roshyykjoshgotro
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10
    Negative. Our forum bot, Geth, can roll dice for us. You just have to tell it to. For example:

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Show Roshyyk the ropes.

    That roll looks great ;) want me to re-roll with Geth?


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    “Well, Ligriv, remember, this is more than just a competition to some. Fly above to check if you can see what’s on the other side of the wall, and I’ll check the entrance for traps.”

    Trap Expert-roll+dex
    Just as a clarification, are we all going into the same dungeon, and are able to encounter the other players? Or are we, almost, in separate dimensions, encountering the same dungeon, but no chance of running into other teams? And how do you want to do the rolls?

    If we are rolling our own, Trap Expert is 2d6+Dex(3). 2d6=7(3,4)+Dex(3)=10
    Negative. Our forum bot, Geth, can roll dice for us. You just have to tell it to. For example:

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 to Show Roshyyk the ropes.

    That roll looks great ;) want me to re-roll with Geth?

    Yes please

    joshgotro wrote: »
    @AustinP0027 @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You @zeframsee

    Halwyr stands over Squibble, watching the halfling tool his trade. ”Need some help?"

    Halwyr smirks and leaves the thief to his business.

    His yew staff becomes solid in his hand, positioning the business end of it at the ground, Halwyr moves swiftly and with purpose. In a matter of moments, runes spread from one end of the gate to the other.

    The staff disappears and Halwyr opens his senses, locating the arcane energies, pulling from the fount, Halwyr looks for his other compatriots before finishing his magics.
    @Matev I'm trying to use the Ritual move to set a barrier over the south gate.
    It will be unreliable and limited as the Fortress has it's own wildly powerful magic that will interfere with it. Additionally, taking the time to do this will risk danger from the Fortress' outer defenses.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Trap Expert on south entrance.

    Geth, Roll 2d6+3 to check for traps

    traps:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=2, 6]


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Trap Expert on south entrance.

    Geth, Roll 2d6+3 to check for traps
    Congrats, you now have hold 3. You may ask the following questions of the area:

    • Is there a trap here and if so, what
    activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?



    Oh my, I nearly forgot an important thing. I will be sending you rumors of the dungeon via PM in the next few minutes. On your way here, you heard many different tales of Fortress, some true, some not; but all fantastical. There are 10 total rumors possible for a person to know about this place, 5 are Reliable, 5 are Unreliable. Of the Reliable rumors, 1 of them is false/wrong. Of the Unreliable rumors, 1 of them is true/right. You will be told if your rumor is Reliable/Unreliable when it is given. You have verified these rumors to the best of your ability prior to coming here.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Specter cocks his head slightly at Ligriv, and draws his sword and shield as the druid walks away.

    He quickly catches up to Selgith on the path to the closed gate, but is wary of his surroundings, eyeing for danger from all directions.

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Discern Realities on the way to the closed gate.
    This is my first roll for a PbP, ever, and now I'm terrified of what may come. Here we go...
    Edit: Well, nuts. :/

    Discern Realities:
    2d6 6 [2d6=1, 5]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Trap Expert on south entrance.

    Geth, Roll 2d6+3 to check for traps
    Congrats, you now have hold 3. You may ask the following questions of the area:

    • Is there a trap here and if so, what
    activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?



    Oh my, I nearly forgot an important thing. I will be sending you rumors of the dungeon via PM in the next few minutes. On your way here, you heard many different tales of Fortress, some true, some not; but all fantastical. There are 10 total rumors possible for a person to know about this place, 5 are Reliable, 5 are Unreliable. Of the Reliable rumors, 1 of them is false/wrong. Of the Unreliable rumors, 1 of them is true/right. You will be told if your rumor is Reliable/Unreliable when it is given. You have verified these rumors to the best of your ability prior to coming here.

    With 3 hold, I ask the following questions:
    • Is there a trap here and if so, what
    activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?


  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    @Nips @LaserFowl @Rezari

    Selgith slows twenty paces from the stony grin, examining the facade, then lifting a gauntlet with palm outward and ring finger folded. "Pale Father, the Wand awaits. You need only show us the way beyond."
    If possible, combining the rote Guidance with one of my paladin boons: An unwavering sense of direction to the Wand of Death. If not, still rolling to cast the spell.

    Geth, roll 2d6 to cast Guidance.

    to cast Guidance.:
    2d6 10 [2d6=6, 4]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Nips wrote: »
    The Specter cocks his head slightly at Ligriv, and draws his sword and shield as the druid walks away.

    He quickly catches up to Selgith on the path to the closed gate, but is wary of his surroundings, eyeing for danger from all directions.

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Discern Realities on the way to the closed gate.
    This is my first roll for a PbP, ever, and now I'm terrified of what may come. Here we go...
    Edit: Well, nuts. :/

    Specter, this stone skull is unmovable. It is clear the only way through is one of the open entrances.
    You get +1 forward while acting on this knowledge, you do not have to though
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Trap Expert on south entrance.

    Geth, Roll 2d6+3 to check for traps
    Congrats, you now have hold 3. You may ask the following questions of the area:

    • Is there a trap here and if so, what
    activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?



    Oh my, I nearly forgot an important thing. I will be sending you rumors of the dungeon via PM in the next few minutes. On your way here, you heard many different tales of Fortress, some true, some not; but all fantastical. There are 10 total rumors possible for a person to know about this place, 5 are Reliable, 5 are Unreliable. Of the Reliable rumors, 1 of them is false/wrong. Of the Unreliable rumors, 1 of them is true/right. You will be told if your rumor is Reliable/Unreliable when it is given. You have verified these rumors to the best of your ability prior to coming here.

    With 3 hold, I ask the following questions:
    • Is there a trap here and if so, what
    activates it?
    • What does the trap do when activated?
    • What else is hidden here?

    Squibble can find no traps on or around the gate. There does not appear to be anything hidden in the vicinity of the South Gate.

    @Nips @LaserFowl @Rezari

    Selgith slows twenty paces from the stony grin, examining the facade, then lifting a gauntlet with palm outward and ring finger folded. "Pale Father, the Wand awaits. You need only show us the way beyond."
    If possible, combining the rote Guidance with one of my paladin boons: An unwavering sense of direction to the Wand of Death. If not, still rolling to cast the spell.

    Geth, roll 2d6 to cast Guidance.

    The Sigil of the Pale Father etches into the air, slowly floating towards the Fortress. It then stops. To Selgith, the sigil appears to sit in the socket of the skull. It then floats over and sits in the other, before fading away.

    to cast Guidance.:
    2d6 4 [2d6=2, 2]

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Virgil_Leads_You
Sign In or Register to comment.