Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

1235728

Posts

  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black
    Nimue follows her comrades, looking around and keeping a grip on her staff. "when I have some more time to get familiar with this place I may be able to get us some answers..." She waits to see what Selgith's efforts yield, for now.

  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    @Rezari @saber_of_black @Nips @Matev

    Rat waves timidly at the other groups before scrambling at the heels of the two armored companions. She squeaks something unintelligible out; a noise of fear... then she starts to take a look ahead at their destination - The Eastern Skull. It looked like it might not open, but then again, you never know...

    ---
    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move at the closed gate.
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. What Else Is Hidden Here?
    2. Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?
    3. What does the trap do when activated?

    Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move at the closed gate:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=3, 3]

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Owl Shape - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 1 | ?? Gold

    lc161ovh56h5.gif

    Lig takes flight toward the South gate and attempts to briefly scout over the outer wall of the fortress.

    Use Hold on Flight to get quick surface level information from the sky

    VayBJ4e.png
    RingoEndless_SerpentsRoshyykEgos
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    LaserFowl wrote: »
    @Rezari @saber_of_black @Nips @Matev

    Rat waves timidly at the other groups before scrambling at the heels of the two armored companions. She squeaks something unintelligible out; a noise of fear... then she starts to take a look ahead at their destination - The Eastern Skull. It looked like it might not open, but then again, you never know...

    ---
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. What Else Is Hidden Here?

    Rat, you see up in the sockets of the skull, what appear to be piles of Residuum, the stuff of magic.

    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Owl Shape - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 1 | ?? Gold

    Lig takes flight toward the South gate and attempts to briefly scout over the outer wall of the fortress.

    Use Hold on Flight to get quick surface level information from the sky

    Lig, you don't get much more from what you saw from the crater lip, except the large trebuchets being loaded atop the towers by that which are unseen.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    @Laserfowl @Rezari

    He whispers a thanks to the God of Winter.

    He aims his green glaive up toward the vacant stare. "The White Worm of the North bids thee examine the sockets more closely, Rat, Nimue. One may be a passage, but the other may also be important. Perhaps a disarming mechanism for a likely trap? Sir Argent and I await your report."

  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Team Ramrod | Lig | L3 | Halfling Shape - Druid | HP 21/21 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 2 on land | ?? Gold

    Lig does not find bands of the Ur-Mage's Monsters, but does react upon seeing weapons of war being activated.

    Upon seeing the trebuchets being filled and readied by invisible forces, a loud "Whoo Whooo Whoo" is heard in air over the southern gate.

    Lig speeds back to the RamRods at the gate, and nearly crashes to drop form and relay the information.

    "Whoo Whoo... We need to get Cover soon! Probably inside.
    Trebuchets are being readied from ontop of the towers!
    The halfling points with their shillelagh at the towers from which attacks could be incoming.

    Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    Rat climbs up into the left socket of the skull and looks in; trying to scoop up the Residuum and see if there is a passageway in.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Helter— 4th level Skeleton Key of the Band with No Name

    A voice creeps from the shadows cast by jagged rock, “Perhaps you've seen it, maybe in a dream... This very murky, forgotten crag. ‘Tis surely an augur of darkness. Yet we are drawn as moths to flame... Will we be burnt... or find a comforting warmth in that strange black fire? heh heh heh...”

    “And who can say... until it is too late?” Helter (somehow) clears their throat, “Sorry lads. I’m recovering from a case of the Vague Nonsenses—common undead ailment, sort of like a cold really. Not to worry.”

    Helter tilts their skull and moves a hand quickly across one eye to mimic a wink.

    “Now, an important thing to note is that the Ur-Mage wants us to get in, so no entrance is any better than the other. But, and here’s the kicker, the north gate is dead ahead—why waste time and energy—behind every door is a challenge; so let’s get to work while the day is young.”

    Remembering how to use you:
    2d6+1 12 [2d6=6, 5]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black
    Nimue will step over with Rat to check the other socket that Rat was not.

  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    @Matev

    Bonds?
    Just curious if we should have filled out or should be filling out our party bonds. I feel The Grim Company is kind of feeling out its own dynamic (sorry Selgith is the way he is y'all), but thought I'd ask in general.

    Virgil_Leads_YouNipsMatev
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    After a thorough investigation of the entryway, Squibble turns to his compatriots waving them on enter the massive gates!

    “Better find something good.” Squibble mutters under his breath.


  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    @Matev

    Bonds?

    And to double down on this for our two paladins: Vows?

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    saber_of_black
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod

    Durgon grunts as Lig returns with a warning and Squibble waves them ahead. “Well then, the way is clear and the fortress is reactin’. Let’s move.”

    Roshyyk
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    @Matev

    Bonds?
    Just curious if we should have filled out or should be filling out our party bonds. I feel The Grim Company is kind of feeling out its own dynamic (sorry Selgith is the way he is y'all), but thought I'd ask in general.
    Nice, but not necessary. Since this place is likely to kill folks quick and is meant to play through in a single session, bonds aren't quite a important here. (Same thing for XP, Dungeon's got it's own dynamics for such) If you want to use them though, I certainly wouldn't stop anyone.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    LaserFowl wrote: »
    Rat climbs up into the left socket of the skull and looks in; trying to scoop up the Residuum and see if there is a passageway in.

    There doesn't appear to be a passage in from here.

    Rezari wrote: »
    @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black
    Nimue will step over with Rat to check the other socket that Rat was not.

    Climbing up the face of the skull, you find inside the eye socket and find a decently sized pile of shimmering, glorious residuum. There doesn't appear to be anything else of note in the eye socket.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @Nips

    "Well?" Selgith calls up to the pair, blue eyes glinting in narrowed examination. "Is there a way in?"

    A moment after he murmurs to The Argent Specter, "Though I'm loathe to admit it, perhaps that merry little oaf was right about the open passages. Have you a preferred color of flame?"

  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Rezari @saber_of_black @Nips

    "Nope. Some magic powder." Once she collected it, she climbed back down and joined the two armored knights. "Pick another way."

  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @Nips

    Selgith considers his experiences with 'magical dust'. Should the druid present a handful, he'll peer at it curiously.

    Geth, roll 2d6 to Spout Lore on Residuum

    Otherwise, he follows the Argent Specter toward their next path, not bothering to wait for the rat.

    Residuum:
    2d6 7 [2d6=1, 6]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @Nips

    Selgith considers his experiences with 'magical dust'. Should the druid present a handful, he'll peer at it curiously.

    Geth, roll 2d6 to Spout Lore on Residuum

    Otherwise, he follows the Argent Specter toward their next path, not bothering to wait for the rat.

    Residuum: The stuff of magic. When magic items are disenchanted or particular spells are banished, they collapse into this substance. It has uses as a reagent in enchanting new items and in alchemy.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Squibble | L3 | Halfling Theif | HP 14/14 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D8 | 10 Gold

    After motioning for the team to move up to the gate, Squibble takes a few steps into the fortress. Immediately, what do we see?


  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Team Ramrod | Squibble | L3 | Halfling Theif | HP 14/14 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D8 | 10 Gold

    After motioning for the team to move up to the gate, Squibble takes a few steps into the fortress. Immediately, what do we see?
    I know everyone assented to it in your private communications, but next time we'll need them to acknowledge it here in the thread before moving on.


    Squibble briefly sees 4 hallways dimly lit by the glowing floor before they all come together into one hall...


    The Ramrods - The Golden Vestibule





    Front view


    Golden Statues of humanoids stand in the chamber, their backs to the entrance to the South. A great seal of an eye wreathed in lightning dominates the floor. Against the North wall is a splendid gilded throne, a shimmering skeletal figure in the seat. A massive closed eye, adorned with sculpted snakes, is embossed on the wall above the throne. You see doors of Mithril embossed with a stylized "M" to the Northwest, Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest. What do you do Crusaders?

    Overhead View

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    RoshyykVirgil_Leads_You
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Grim Company: @Rezari @LaserFowl @saber_of_black

    The Argent Specter curiously regards Selgith's weapon for a moment, then rolls his shoulders as if to shake off some unknown sensation.

    "Perhaps it is a good portent, that your weapon is alight in a manner likewise to the South entrance's eyes? My vote lies there, and we should make all due haste; the longer we tarry, the more likely we invite ambush before we've begun."

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    The Ramrods

    A grim figure narrows his eyes, a grim look upon his face.

    “Be wary of that throne. I dread to think of the ramifications of seating a magical monarch’s mount.”

    Striding into the room, his grim eyes fall upon the three doors.

    Are they sealed or adorned with any obvious locks or contraptions?

    Virgil_Leads_You
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    zeframsee wrote: »
    The Ramrods

    Are they sealed or adorned with any obvious locks or contraptions?

    Arngrim sees the doors to Northwest, Northeast, and Southwest have simple doorknobs, no locks. The door to the Southeast has a keyhole drilled into the center of it.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    @Rezari @saber_of_black @Nips

    The halfling upon hearing the Specter dashes off towards the South Gate. She checks the skull again before proceeding forward...

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move at the South gate.
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?
    2. What does the trap do when activated?
    3. What else is hidden here?

    Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move at the closed gate:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=3, 4]

    LaserFowl on
    Dirtmuncher
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    LaserFowl wrote: »
    @Rezari @saber_of_black @Nips

    The halfling upon hearing the Specter dashes off towards the South Gate. She checks the skull again before proceeding forward...
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?
    2. What does the trap do when activated?
    3. What else is hidden here?
    1. No traps, though the hasty magical barrier the Ramrods threw up bars entry currently
    3. Nothing hidden that you can tell, the green flames which light the sockets of this skull flicker and dance.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @Rezari

    Selgith steps besides Rat, recognizing the arcane wards, and points his glaive to the skull with the purple flames. "Perhaps following the color of royalty, then. Surely the Ur-Mage sees himself thus..."

    Nips
  • LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    @Nips @saber_of_black @Rezari

    "At once, Sers." Rat dashes off to the West Skull with the Purple Flame Eyes. She examines them. If the close is clear, she will dash inside; afraid of being out any longer.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move at the South gate.
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?
    2. What does the trap do when activated?
    3. What else is hidden here?

    Trap Expert with the Cautious advanced move at the South gate:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=4, 3]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    LaserFowl wrote: »
    @Nips @saber_of_black @Rezari

    "At once, Sers." Rat dashes off to the West Skull with the Purple Flame Eyes. She examines them. If the close is clear, she will dash inside; afraid of being out any longer.
    Order of my questions...depending on how well I do.
    1. Is there a trap here and if so what activates it?
    2. What does the trap do when activated?
    3. What else is hidden here?
    1. Still no traps. Perhaps the Ur-Mage is saving his magic for those with enough fool bravery to enter the Fortress.
    3. You see nothing hidden in this entrance. The purple flames which light the sockets of this skull flicker and dance.

    Rat runs down the hall momentarily seeing 4 halls before they resolve into a singular hall lit by a dim glow...
    We'll get back to her once the rest of the Grim Company locks in their entrance

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The Specter marches to follow Rat, to cover her at the purple entrance in case of ambush.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @Rezari

    Selgith walks purposefully behind Rat, glaive clicking on the ground with each pass, sweeping under the blazing purple eyes with only the scantest regard. He felt an unfamiliar shiver crawl up his spine, something he hadn't felt since God had chosen him...

    Those looking might catch the slightest smile play across his features as he entered. "Not too fast, witless rat, I have need of you beyond this first chamber."

  • RezariRezari Registered User regular
    The Grim Company: @Nips @LaserFowl @saber_of_black
    Nimue will reach to take the residium from the eye socket before dropping down and following her party. "Found some residum, here, pretty neat..."

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    The Ramrods

    "Those are no mere statues. They were obviously ALIVE. Everyone behind the statues! Allow me a moment to draw its gaze!"

    @AustinP0027 @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You @zeframsee

    Virgil_Leads_You
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    Durgon quickly moves behind a statue, keeping himself out of view of any of them or the throne itself. He takes a moment to scan the room, however, peering out briefly as he attempts to take in whatever information he can.

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Reality
    What should I be on the lookout for?

    Discern Reality:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=1, 5]

    AustinP0027 on
    Virgil_Leads_You
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The Ramrods

    Durgon quickly moves behind a statue, keeping himself out of view of any of them or the throne itself. He takes a moment to scan the room, however, peering out briefly as he attempts to take in whatever information he can.
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    You see a mechanism on the lid of the eye above the throne. It is meant to open the eye somehow.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    “There be something over there that activates the eye. Maybe we don’t touch it?”

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Helter — Jolly Rogers

    The gathered adventures peer out over the northern gate in silence as the air grows cold. Rain begins to fall, mist encroaches.

    “Ah? The air is a tad ominous, isn’t it? The first step is the toughest one they say.”, Helter whistles at the sight of dark clouds, “Come on then lads, I’ll lead.”

    The Jolly Rogers pick their way to the northern gate.

    Geth roll 2d6 for Discern Realities
    The guys are unfortunately busy today, but we’ve established what gate we’re after by messaging.

    Question priority:

    1. What is about to happen?
    2. What should I be on the lookout for?
    3. What here is not what it appears to be?

    Darn it, that’ll be a result of 7 via a +1 WIS!

    Discern Realities:
    2d6 6 [2d6=5, 1]

    Endless_Serpents on
    Fuselage
  • RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Team Ramrod | Squibble | L3 | Halfling Theif | HP 14/14 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D8 | 10 Gold

    “What a beautiful set up.” The halfling says, making a blanket statement. “I’ve only heard stories of this place. Let’s see what makes you tick.”

    Trap Expert Mechanics
    When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.

    ✴ On a 10+, hold 3.

    ✴ On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions:

    Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    What does the trap do when activated?
    What else is hidden here?

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for checking for traps and how they work.
    I would like the questions answered in the same order as asked...pending roll success[\spoiler]

    checking for traps and how they work:
    2d6+3 10 [2d6=6, 1]


    Virgil_Leads_You
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Helter — Jolly Rogers

    The gathered adventures peer out over the northern gate in silence as the air grows cold. Rain begins to fall, mist encroaches.

    “Ah? The air is a tad ominous, isn’t it? The first step is the toughest one they say.”, Helter whistles at the sight of dark clouds, “Come on then lads, I’ll lead.”

    The Jolly Rogers pick their way to the northern gate.
    The guys are unfortunately busy today, but we’ve established what gate we’re after by messaging.

    Question priority:

    1. What is about to happen?
    2. What should I be on the lookout for?
    3. What here is not what it appears to be?

    Darn it, that’ll be a result of 7 via a +1 WIS!
    This gate is a trap, you're sure only death awaits if you enter.

    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Team Ramrod | Squibble | L3 | Halfling Theif | HP 14/14 | AC 1 | XP 0 | DMG D8 | 10 Gold

    “What a beautiful set up.” The halfling says, making a blanket statement. “I’ve only heard stories of this place. Let’s see what makes you tick.”

    Trap Expert Mechanics
    When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.

    ✴ On a 10+, hold 3.

    ✴ On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold as you walk through the area to ask these questions:

    Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    What does the trap do when activated?
    What else is hidden here?

    I would like the questions answered in the same order as asked...pending roll success
    The Eye on the wall is most certainly the trap. You are quite sure the seal on the floor is connected to it somehow.
    Given the prominence of gold and the statues, chances are good that will be at least one of the fates in store for you if you act foolishly in here.
    You're certain both the thrones and statues have further significance, but you're not sure in what way from where you're at.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Roshyyk
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Helter — Jolly Rogers

    Helter scratches their bleached cranium. “Up close, this gate looks to be a grade A death trap. Pity. What do you lot think. Shall we look for a secret entrance? Sprint around and tag along behind one of the other groups? Succumb to the Dark of despair and wander aimless and eternal?”

    Helter pauses for a moment.

    “Forget the last one.”

    Endless_Serpents on
    Fuselage
Sign In or Register to comment.