Options

[Streets of Rage 4] New DLC!

13»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Just finished it. Enjoyable, lot of fun, definitely one of the most 'fair' SoRs. I just wish they'd let Yuzo do the whole OST. I can always tell when it's one of his tracks, the disparity in quality is always pretty massive(though it was great seeing Shimomura get a track).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Hey, Olivier Deriviere put a some great tracks in there.

https://youtu.be/lwWUPCS-sgY

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, I did like some of the new songs, but I don't like how disjointed it is when it's clearly a lot of different composers with different styles.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    It's probably the third or fourth most fair SOR/BK game, thanks to the enemy hitboxes (it becomes hilariously apparent how much bigger the original hitboxes were in Simulation mode, where you'll regularly move back and forth between). But if you don't make the same mistake I did, and get the achievement for 'S' rank on every level on hard, alone, you can ignore scoring and the game is a lot more fun.

That aside, the DLC seems like an excellent value for such a low price--simulation mode, alternate move sets, more than a few new characters, overdue palette swap options (I'd like an "old school" palette color editor, but I can appreciate if it's not practical--really, there was no reason not to include color swaps in the first place, when the game is such a graphical tour de force anyway). Estel is not quite as effective a character as you might think, which is probably more reasonable--on the other hand, Max's "power slide" move is almost so broken that you'd expect it from the AI (wait a minute...right, those Signal bastards), but it's not like it makes the game less fun (on the contrary, it probably makes Max more accessible). I haven't really tried Shiva much. The alternative move sets for every character, apparently, are a welcome addition, though unlocking all of them is going to be a bit...tedious. Again, probably better not to make the mistake of achievement chasing (I 1000/1000 this game a few months before the DLC hit).

The weekly simulation events vary in quality, which is understandable. The basic survivor mode is fine, and it's always an option, which is nice.

Also, you get Vichty/Roo. :lol:

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Hey, Olivier Deriviere put a some great tracks in there.

https://youtu.be/lwWUPCS-sgY

I want a challenge map which is just that elevator, with that music, forever.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Shiva is just dope. Love the simulation random mode too, almost like it's a roguelike survival. It's a really good DLC.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I've managed to get every achievement except the 'reach level 30' one.
    My record is 28, and that was pretty much non stop alt-blitzes with Shiva until one of those damn swinging balls in the arena managed to knock me out of it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Those gladiatorial stages with the pendulum balls are a fucking bane.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah I actually stopped playing because of them. They're run-enders for sure.