Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Streets of Rage 4] Yes, its coming. Really.

T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but Sega are finally bringing Streets of Rage back, courtesy of the guys behind the recent Wonder Boy remake.

It's got hand drawn graphics, it looks fairly similar to the classic games, gameplay-wise, and Axel has a beard now. I'm excited.

KoopahTroopahBloodySlothShadowfireKonphujunLBD_NytetraynMrVyngaardGenji-GlovesStabbity Style

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    But will they replace the house soundtrack with dubstep?

5gsowHm.png
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    This intrigues me. I can see a company doing it justice. WayForward I felt did a great job with Contra 4.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    In this day and age, I'm guessing there won't be a cop car rolling up and nuking every bad guy on screen a la Streets of Rage 1.

KoopahTroopah
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I hope this is awesome

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    In this day and age, I'm guessing there won't be a cop car rolling up and nuking every bad guy on screen a la Streets of Rage 1.

No, only the black bad guys. /joke /donthurtme

I'm actually stoked on this. Streets of Rage 2 and 3 were my favorite genesis games to coop as a kid. Love those games and I hope they do this justice. Excited to see which other characters they'll add.

?username=KoopahTroopah&theme=light

Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN/Xbox - 1639-6388-9968/KoopahTroopah - Switch
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »

No, only the black bad guys. /joke /donthurtme

I'm actually stoked on this. Streets of Rage 2 and 3 were my favorite genesis games to coop as a kid. Love those games and I hope they do this justice. Excited to see which other characters they'll add.

I didn't even think about the fact it's a teaser trailer. I was all disappointed it was just going to have 2 chatacters. I feel dumb now lol

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Is Skate still cool?

• HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I doubt they're going to be able to get Yuzo Koshiro for the soundtrack. But I can always hope.
    Edit - Does anyone know anything about the developer for this? I don't know them by name.

Henroid on
    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    I doubt they're going to be able to get Yuzo Koshiro for the soundtrack. But I can always hope.
    Edit - Does anyone know anything about the developer for this? I don't know them by name.

Lizardcube made Wonder Boy, and Guard Crush Games made Streets of Fury which is basically an SOR clone a la Mortal Kombat style graphics. Looks like two very capable developers that can make a faithful sequel at a decent scale. Whether or not they execute it, I guess we'll see. I definitely would love to see a gameplay trailer though.

KoopahTroopah on

Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN/Xbox - 1639-6388-9968/KoopahTroopah - Switch
  • kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    My brother and I put so many hours into SoR 2. SO MANY.

Skate was my boy, he was awesome. Being the only character who could dash was reason enough to never drop him.

I never liked the feel of SoR3, something felt off.

I liked Roo and Shiva in SOR3. I didn't like not being able to pick up items. Max and Blaze were my favorite from SOR2.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    No Adam and no Yuzo, no sale.

9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I always imagined that if Sega ever did bring back Streets of Rage, they'd pull a Sonic Mania and do the whole thing in the pixel style of the originals, just with sharper graphics. I will say, I'm digging the hand drawn style they're going for here, I can't wait to see more of it in motion.

I hope the devs take some of the ideas from SOR 3 and SOR Remake. Things like the special meter, branching paths and gaining new moves via your high score really helped elevate the series beyond the other brawlers out there.

And it'll probably never happen, but I'd love to see guest characters from Sega's other beat-em-ups over the years. Bring in Bruno 'Not!Bruce Willis' Derlinger from Die Hard Arcade, Rikiya Busujima from Zombie Revenge, hell even Kiryu and Majima.

KoopahTroopah
  • SulSul Registered User regular
    @linda0009 What?

I am cautiously optimistic about this. So many aspects of the game don't age well but I have some fond memories of playing this to death with my brothers.

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I’m so getting this. I love the beat em up genre and I’m all too happy to support it. Hopefully it’ll lead to a proper Golden Axe revival as well.

Switch friend code: SW-2978-3296-1491
    PSN: RidleySaria
    LBD_NytetraynKoopahTroopah
  • GustieGustie Registered User regular
    Looking forward to see the real in-game video... I am not sure that the ones on the trailer are the final one and more over the one from the game engine itself...