As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I do not even have TIME to [chat] with you right now

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also Mike Pondsmith posted in the 2077 subreddit and said they've had the gameplay reveal planned for 3 months now.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Also Mike Pondsmith posted in the 2077 subreddit and said they've had the gameplay reveal planned for 3 months now.

The few minutes I saw tells me it’s the same thing they showed behind closed doors at e3, so no doubt about that.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    People are so goddamned weird, it's fascinating.

They're also kinda gross.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

We show affection by rubbing the entrance to our digestive tracts together.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    One of the other people working here who I met on friday when our boss made us hotdogs for lunch got sorta-threatened by a guy

The guy had apparently forgotten that he'd given permission for my coworker to be let in so he got kinda angry when he got home.

My coworker completely ignored it and was just like, can you wait a bit, I'm almost done.

Guy was still clinging to his "broke in to do maintenance" theory because he tried to go You're not going anywhere in an authorative voice while calling somebody

Coworker, who is 1.90 m, answered, no, I am very definitely going to leave now

And there was a moment where the big man looked at the little angry man and something unspoken passed between them and he let him exit.

I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation. I am not an imposing man. I am wearing a knife but like, threatening clients with a knife is not a good look.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

That's really gross. Our reproductive organs are much cleaner.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

And exits!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Would it be dumb to get a tattoo of a cork, in Cork?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

One way to find out

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »

One way to find out

Yo dawg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    One of the other people working here who I met on friday when our boss made us hotdogs for lunch got sorta-threatened by a guy

The guy had apparently forgotten that he'd given permission for my coworker to be let in so he got kinda angry when he got home.

My coworker completely ignored it and was just like, can you wait a bit, I'm almost done.

Guy was still clinging to his "broke in to do maintenance" theory because he tried to go You're not going anywhere in an authorative voice while calling somebody

And there was a moment where the big man looked at the little angry man and something unspoken passed between them and he let him exit.

I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation. I am not an imposing man. I am wearing a knife but like, threatening clients with a knife is not a good look.

Yeah, don’t threaten someone with a knife, just go straight for the kill.

• Options
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Nefarious porpoise: frisky dolphin prompts Brittany bathing ban

Local mayor forbids people to go in the sea after creature tried to rub against swimmers
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/27/single-porpoise-frisky-dolphin-zafar-prompts-brittany-swimming-ban

That headline tho

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Steamed hams remixes are getting more avant garde

• Options
    My engineer didn't empty the waste tanks before the long weekend but he did manage to disconnect the milk fridge

It's bad in there. Real bad.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    These are all awesome. More in the twitter thread.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Yeah, don’t threaten someone with a knife, just go straight for the kill.

And then go merrily on my way to clean the rest of the ventilation ducts

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh no. I lost a small screw in a deep carpet. It’s gone forever, isn’t it

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Nah, some night in the distant future, when you least expect it, your foot will find it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Magnets how do they work

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Somebody on Twitter just reminded me of this amazing series cliffhanger from the soap about the lives of the rich and famous that was The Colbys. Ostensibly a show about rich people doing rich people things, this came out of literally nowhere.

A golden age of TV.

• Options
    When he first appears in Season 6 of Dynasty, he is diagnosed with a terminal illness and given only one year to live. However, it was later revealed that he was never sick at all and the mistake was due to a computer error.

You can see the writers shrugging and saying look, this'll do.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There was a US Soap Opera where a mermaid turned up

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I'm vaguely remember one of the soaps my mum used to watch just went fuck it and spent a few episodes remaking the poseidon adventure.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • Options
    I guess those kind of rich folks soaps metamorphosised into stuff like The OC and 90210, or had their melodramatic ground seized by high-profile Telenovelas like Ugly Betty or Jane The Virgin.

I say this at the same time I find out that they've revived Dynasty.

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »
    I'm vaguely remember one of the soaps my mum used to watch just went fuck it and spent a few episodes remaking the poseidon adventure.

A cursory googling suggests this was Sunset Beach, which only lasted a couple of years but plainly went to town with the storylines.
    The show was known for other outrageous storylines, such as Terror Island in which several of the show's main characters were stranded on an island with a masked serial killer (whose costume bore a close resemblance to that of the killer from Scream) intent on killing them, especially Meg. A handful of characters were killed by the maniac, mostly minor characters introduced as serial killer-fodder, but also one lead character, young runaway made good Mark Wolper. In his dying moments Mark pulled off the killer's mask and audiences were stunned to see Ben's face behind it. As it turned out, Ben had an evil twin, Derek, who plagued Ben and Meg's lives off and on for the rest of the run of the show. Derek was killed after being shot in a struggle with Ben during the show's final weeks, following a long storyline where Derek kidnapped and impersonated his twin for months, sleeping with Ben's wife Maria (having previously also slept with Meg).

Spoilers, I guess.

• Options
    Sunset beach sounds amazing

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I am up at asscrack o'clock to catch a flight from Yellowknife to Edmonton. So of course I had trouble sleeping. Oh well, at the airport now

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I guess those kind of rich folks soaps metamorphosised into stuff like The OC and 90210, or had their melodramatic ground seized by high-profile Telenovelas like Ugly Betty or Jane The Virgin.

I say this at the same time I find out that they've revived Dynasty.

Yeah, it's on Netflix. It's an IP that will not die.

• Options
    I suspect it was barely watchable and best consumed through the medium of plot summaries, but boy howdy those plot summaries. I did watch an episode of a US daytime soap once, and I think maybe 50% of it was stalling, just endless long shots of someone's face as they struggled to emote in the face of bad news, and lots of cutting between several ongoing scenes and back again because viewer's attention spans couldn't last for the duration of the whole scene. The kind of thing that's tough to parody because the original is so ridiculous.

Though I remember Soapdish being pretty funny. A quick check of the wiki for the movie suggests I forgot about the spectacularly problematic ending. Still, the scenes of Kevin Kline doing Death of a Salesman in a theatre/restaurant are great.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Didn’t Dallas end with JR being taunted by Satan into killing himself?

And then when they did the follow on they decided to say that JR just shot a mirror and Bobby (already raised from the dead via the “it was all a dream” trope) ran into the room, looked at the floor and cried out “MY GOD!” because he was horrified JR was going to have seven years bad luck?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Strictly speaking I had dinosaur for dinner on saturday

This checks out

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    There was a US Soap Opera where a mermaid turned up

This is too realistic for a soap opera

This discussion has been closed.