Options

Ragnarok Online: What's it like?

124»

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Everything.

The Swordie class is basically your 'high defense, sorta slow' meelee class. You can make a fast Swordie class, but it'll require special cards or a very skewed stat set..

I prefer Assassins myself (EDP, FTW) and Priests (w/ a BS or WS friend) can rake in a lot of EXP and Zeny. Mages and Professors/Creators can become ungodly powerful with the right build/items (Acid Creation and Storm Gust are almost unfair).

I tend to avoid the Merch class (though I hear it becomes really strong), the Dancer/Bard class, and the Gunslinger and Ninja classes.

My suggestion to you is to make a Priest (then High Priest) for Zeny-farming and grouping, an Assassin for soloing and MVPing, and a Merch for selling (rare) finds to other players as well as buying stuff from NPCs for less and selling it for more.

And for the love of god do not play on normal RO. Get a server with 5-15 rates. No more though, or else it becomes too easy. Do not play any of the severly 'hacked' servers that have shit like 10,000 rates and max levels of 999 and stats of 1,000. It's dumb as fuck.

Magus` on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    My botted char was a Battlesmith. It was lots of fun in both PvP, and when doing bosses, grouping with friends (when we actually played) and all that. I loved using cart revo with a full cart. The Merchant levels was TEDIOUS though. And I went to jlvl 50 too.

Would this thread be better suited in the MMO section?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Actually, I strongly recommend starting out as a theif, and then go in into the Rogue class.

Otherwise you will be broke 99% of the time. Also, the rogue test is probably the most intense test in the game.

And if your lucky, Cyfars will still be crack, so you could farm em and sell em.

Edit: And as far as the P-Server thing goes, I played on a 274 cap one for a bit. It had really fucking insane xp rates, but damn, having an Agi LK with 10 points over the max speed in the game is HOT SHIT.

You're like a goddamn chainsaw.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I prefered Assasin over Rogue. Stalker, however, is just plain broke.

Magus` on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So do I, dagger sin to be specific, but dammit, before I made my Rogue I was BROKE AS FUCK.

Getting Double drops from mobs is so totally worth leveling it though.

Transporter on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    I forget what those Chon Chons were, but there was a variant of them that's card had a chance to restore life. Oh man, a daggersin with a buncha those woulda been sick. Of course, they were rare as hell.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have quit this game several times now. It actually is responsible for getting me kicked out of university, there is just something so damn simple and fun about it.

Each class is really customisble, each time i come back to it i know where to level and thanks to the pretty good updates they put out every so often there is something new each time. And if you have friends that play it, it can be really fun, like the first time Thanatos was taken down by my guild, and when we finally figured out a good tatic for Rangris, or when we finally realised what made Kiel spawn his mob.

On the downside, it is intimidating, getting help for it can be hard, it is full of weeaboos/14-year olds/ really creepy people, and if you dont really know what you are doing it can be a really really long grind.

And god damn you i had been clean for over 2 months now, you are gonna get me back in the fucking game >.< (i learnt that emote from ro)

ps. Offical servers suck. high rate servers suck. (personal opinion) and i played on an offical for a year so...

edit:

man i could talk about saders all day long. If you have the patience / someone to leech you just make a GC sader
    (90 int/ 50-60dex/ rest vit) and leveling will become possibley the easiest thing in the entire world. plus you get raydric cards.....

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I choose the Swordsman line because I like fighting battles and hacking and slashing and such so a close combat character could be interesting since many have said its a grid sort of game. Also could anyone inform me if you could go Swordsman -> archer and then continue on the Swordsman path? I think agility and to hit factors would help even though I assume the swordsman has those.

You can't normally do that, however, the Super Novice class has access to all skills of the Tier 1 classes--Swordsman, Mage, Acolyte, etc. To unlock it you need to hit baselevel 45 as a Novice, though, which really, really sucks. At least it did last time I checked.

Rhaka on