As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Ashe is now Live!

19596979899101»

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I'd just give tracers ult some magnets so its homes towards a target within some reasonablely small amount of space of the arc of the throw

So near misses become sticks but its still possible to miss with careless throws

this, but it only works on omnics and mccree's right/symmetra's left

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Compare Tracer's ultimate to Junkrat's:

Tire:
    Damage: 60 - 600 splash
    Radius: 10m
    Timer: Instantaneous

Pulse Bomb:
    Damage: 60-300 splash
    Radius: 5m
    Timer: 1s

So it does half the damage within half the radius. Add to that the fact that Junkrat can fire his ult off from behind cover and Tracer needs to be point-blank most of the time to get a stick. Also, enemies with a GOoJ have 1 second after being stuck or close to a pulse bomb to jam their button and get off scot free.

In the end the only things Tracer has going for her ultimate over Junkrat are that 1) hers charges about 1/3 quicker and 2) she always retains autonomy and is never standing around vulnerable while driving her pulse bomb around. A Junkrat that knows what they're doing can mitigate both of those deficiencies, though. While it's true that Junkrat's tire can also be countered or shot down, doing so doesn't kill him.

I dunno guys. I think Tracer's ultimate is just in a shit place.

joshofalltrades on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Given that even most of the "damage" ults for DPS are about zoning I wonder if they may just want to push Tracer away from a pure damage ult. Make it something more like Sombra's where it's a disruption ult. Like an AoE burst that causes slow down. Actually, if they wanted to be jerks they could just have it clamp down on turning speed which would work very well for Tracer while still being advantageous to her teammates.

I suspect that'd cause riots of PC players by fucking up their mouse tracking though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i rarely play comp anymore so this is a QP story. I'm playing junk because i need to put some dps pressure on a rein/orisa combo and i'm decent at angling grenades over shields. I build up to my ult and think...great, i'll break their tank line and my team will be able to push. I go to set up next to my ana behind a wall and let the tire rip. I kill the tanks and come back to see myself dead, with my ana still standing next to me, at full health, and a red sombra walking away. /anger

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Otoh Tracer's ult needs to be on the weak side, because her base kit is so strong.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Kana wrote: »
    Otoh Tracer's ult needs to be on the weak side, because her base kit is so strong.

I don't necessarily disagree, but her entire kit is designed around high-risk, high-reward gameplay. Right now her ult is high-risk, medium-to-no-reward. She's also not nearly as strong as she used to be, and to do anything useful with her you have to be very good relative to the enemy team.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Stronger than Junkrat’s? That’s subjective at best.

Oh one other thing I forgot to mention above is that Junkrat doesn’t take damage from his ult and Tracer does. Which is just insult to injury.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular

This is a good point - and it already was, by a very wide margin, before the nerf. It's well into overkill territory now.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm. I could be wrong but I'd say Tracer's base kit is among the best in the game, along with Genji.
    Oh one other thing I forgot to mention above is that Junkrat doesn’t take damage from his ult and Tracer does. Which is just insult to injury.

Just Tracer and Pharah, now.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Chance wrote: »

This is a good point - and it already was, by a very wide margin, before the nerf. It's well into overkill territory now.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm. I could be wrong but I'd say Tracer's base kit is among the best in the game, along with Genji.

I’m being half serious. Junkrat is very good in a shield-heavy meta.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular

I’m being half serious. Junkrat is very good in a shield-heavy meta.

Imo Junk is ideal Vs certain comps on certain maps (Vs. Pirate ship on Gibraltar?
    He's a BEAST) but overall he's super-weak Vs a lot of heroes that are very prominent right now - Widow, Ashe, McCree, Soldier.

But I tend to think of things in terms of duelling - which is pretty limiting.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I'd just give tracers ult some magnets so its homes towards a target within some reasonablely small amount of space of the arc of the throw

So near misses become sticks but its still possible to miss with careless throws

Goes against the whole thing of Tracer becoming progressively better depending on player skill. Anyone can land a stick if the projectile behaves like Nanoboost/Discord/Guardian Angel.

Yeah dont make it targeted just give it little magnets

Edit whoops there is a new thread

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.