As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Ashe is now Live!

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I only hate pirate ship when my team hates pirate ship.

For me, Pirate Ship is just Get The Fuck In There. Dive it, kill Bastion, mop up the team. But solo diving it is pretty dicey.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Mei is super annoying but she's also a great counter to super annoying mobility heroes so, mixed feelings.

(as much as I love playing hammond, she's worth her weight in gold just for the ability to put an ice wall up when he's spinning around the point). And freezing and headshotting a doomfist who's been annoying me is the purest expression of love.

soylenth on
  • Options
    I just like Mei, period. You need to be a wicked shot to be really scary with her - so props if you are - her hitbox is fairly large, her cooldowns are predictable and she has absolutely no burst outside of the 150 she can deal with a headshot. She has interesting tools to create opportunities or problems that no other hero can emulate - of all the heroes in Overwatch, she's one of the... (puts on sunglasses) ...coolest.
    bumd9hgur1y2.jpg

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I need more practice on the console to be as annoying with her as I am on the PC, but she's still great. When my wife is playing with her friends and I have to sub in I usually run Mei and get my practice that way. One of her friends is a Rein one trick, so it's great when he lands a hammer down to keep people in my ult and we team kill with just the 2 of us. Of course, he gets play of the game because Rein swings.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    I pulled a bunch of people into a twin dragons with orisa's goop last night. So I continue my streak of POTG support moves.

Mei is the Pandarian of Overwatch. "Slow Down...."

• Options
    I play after like a week hiatus, and go slow. We need a second healer so I go Zen on Hollywood defense and we're losin' till someone goes Winston and hold the second point. We win, no endorsements.

I go Mercy on Oasis, score rezzes left and right, more than double my average healing at 17K, I'm the only card for our team. We win, no endorsements.

Go Tracer on Hanamura attack, and I'm not doing well but I'm getting good picks and making decent plays. McCree pushes past the choke so I hammer him as he steps out, and blink behind him for the kill before his Mercy can start healing. I bring down Torb's turret, kill Torb, land on the point with our Hammond and we take it, but we can't take B. I still score some good plays - I blink from the outer high ground into the high ground window, through their Winston's bubble, and stick Mercy with a pulse to start a teamfight - and their McCree, Junkrat, Torb and Mercy are all giving me a lot of attention. I don't get a card. We lose. I get a sportsmanship.

Hm.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i've noticed less and less people giving endorsements. used to be if you played tank or support it was automatic, now it's maybe 50/50 chance of getting one or two.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm starting to maintain my level 4 again but only because I'm continuing my self-flagellation in voice chat even when everyone else starts slinging shit at each other

I personally prioritize endorsing fellow healers > tanks > DPS and I'll generally give the endorsements to people I didn't upvote on the medals board to spread the love

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i've noticed less and less people giving endorsements. used to be if you played tank or support it was automatic, now it's maybe 50/50 chance of getting one or two.

Stuck with Tracer for the next five games, and now I'm back up to 4 again lol.
    I personally prioritize endorsing fellow healers > tanks > DPS and I'll generally give the endorsements to people I didn't upvote on the medals board to spread the love

Same!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Wife wants to hit that mystical lvl 5 endorsement, but can only stand playing healers for around 5 in a row before she wants to shoot mans as Ashe again.

I honestly don't see how anyone could get to 5 without spamming healer though, it looks hard to maintain a 4 without mixing in healers every few games.

Klatu on
  • Options
  • Options
    They're rare, I've seen 1 and the guy was a mercy spammer.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    xz0x243syn9a.png

Playing support classes in quick play works pretty well. Way fewer endorsements in competitive, especially if you're losing.

• Options
    Here's my Orisa assist. I was trying to help the genji and essentially got lucky with the hanzo dragons. Still, fun!

https://youtu.be/YzmtZRtonC4

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I've become convinced that the ultimate tank duo in potato-tier is Hogrisa. You shred shields yourself regardless of what your dps are doing, you're not easy to dive, and you constantly threaten halt-hook combos. My mate and I are having great times with the duo: we pick it every time we think our dps picks lack damage/shieldbreak (tonight's ex: Genji/Widow) or are the kinds of heroes that pub players will run off doing stupid shit with (McCree for instance).

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i feel like shot caller is the bm endorsement, whenever im in qp just feedin away like an animale i get those SOLID shot callers despite the fact i never communicate other than to type inspirational messages in chat at the beginning of the round about feeding like queen jeff intended

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    As a QP-only scrubber, I use shot caller if they had a big play/actually commed, teammate if they did ok, and sportmanship for BM :P

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Giving people a sportsmanship commendation when they were shitty is counterproductive and makes things worse

• Options
    Patch is up
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc/

GENERAL
    Developer Comments: Before this change, armor reduced all incoming damage by up to 5, maxing at half of the normal amount. This change reduces the damage reduction to 3, while still capping at half. This change will be most noticeable for heroes who fire quickly or in bursts, such as shotguns, and do more than 6 damage per shot. For example, Soldier: 76’s Heavy Pulse Rifle will now do 16 damage per shot to armored opponents, up from 14 (an increase close to 15%).

Armor was a bit too strong overall, especially when heroes were being healed quickly and often. This change will help more heroes fight against higher-armored enemies.

Damage reduction from armor reduced from -5 to -3
    BRIGITTE

Developer Comments: Sometimes Rally could cause a snowballing effect, making it too difficult to deal with the increased health of Brigitte’s allies before she built up another one. This change limits how long Rally’s effect lasts after its initial cast, to make it a bit more manageable in those situations.

RALLY
    Now has a maximum duration of 30 seconds
    D.VA

Developer Comments: This change allows D.Va’s enemies to play around her Defense Matrix by increasing its downtime between uses.
    DEFENSE MATRIX
    Cooldown increased from 1 second to 2 seconds
    REAPER

Developer Comments Reaper’s passive enables him to play aggressively when near enemies. This change allows him to keep the pressure up while he’s dishing damage to his enemies. The added life steal is particularly effective against tanks, as they tend to do less damage than other heroes, and also take more damage from his Hellfire Shotguns due to their larger hit volumes.
    THE REAPING
    Life steal increased from 30% to 50% of damage dealt

BUG FIXES
    HEROES
    General

[PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that caused a delay for heroes loading into the victory screen line up if they had a golden weapon equipped
    McCree

[PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that caused McCree's model to distort if he used Combat Roll to the right with the Sherlock skin equipped
    Tracer

Fixed a bug that caused Tracer’s Pulse Bomb to detonate on the wrong side of Orisa’s Protective Barrier when it was placed on the front
    Wrecking Ball

Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball’s proximity mines from being disabled by Sombra’s EMP
    [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that caused Wrecking Ball's golden weapon to display incorrectly when using certain skins
    COMPETITIVE PLAY
    Competitive Play

Fixed a bug in Competitive Play that prevented the team color on the payload progress bar from switching after a round transition
    MAPS
    Nepal

Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture or contest the point from its exterior on Nepal’s Shrine stage

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Booooooooooooooooo to the Reaper buff. Says I with no real reason other than i personally am bad at countering him and bad at playing him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Eww, iddqd featured on the Blizzard launcher. Shitty people getting features for $500, Alex.

• Options
    boy I sure hope that isn't a legendary
    Chance wrote: »
    Dude you know it is.

Turns out it ain't! 750 credits - Orisa's too.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    boy I sure hope that isn't a legendary
    Dude you know it is.

Turns out it ain't! 750 credits - Orisa's too.

My free box gave me the Orisa skin, so I'm off to a good start! And I have 6k gold saved up so worse comes to worst I'll still get my sweet Zen and cute as hell Tracer skins, which is all I really want out of this event.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The Reaper buff is a thing of memes.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    It's Reaper Season, boys and girls.

• Options
    I think i have the perfect "fix" for bastion. Keep the damage/spread whatever but make his turret turn speed about 20% of what it is now (really slow). This gives an opportunity for flanking and more coordinated attacks.

Reaper...yeesh.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I think i have the perfect "fix" for bastion. Keep the damage/spread whatever but make his turret turn speed about 20% of what it is now (really slow). This gives an opportunity for flanking and more coordinated attacks.

Reaper...yeesh.

I mean if you just want them to remove sentry mode you might as well just say it. Having his sentry-mode fire 6 rounds per second would basically make it useless.

Edit: totally mis-read this. Nevermind my comment. But is turning speed based on character or player settings?

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Reaper...yeesh.

People would just jack their Bastion-specific sensitivity by 20%. There'd hafta be a hard speed lock and it would absolutely destroy the character.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I feel like a cap on Bastion's range of view would be most viable. Meaning, once you go into turret form there's a lock on how far you can rotate in any direction, such that he can't just snap to look behind himself at a moment's notice.

Not having touched the actual gameplay yet, I'm going to venture a guess that the next major balance change for Tanks will be converting about 100 HP into Armor for all of them. Weaker armor, but more of it.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Kupi wrote: »
    I feel like a cap on Bastion's range of view would be most viable. Meaning, once you go into turret form there's a lock on how far you can rotate in any direction, such that he can't just snap to look behind himself at a moment's notice.

Isn't that how it originally worked? Back when Bastion had a personal barrier?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »

Isn't that how it originally worked? Back when Bastion had a personal barrier?

Not that I'm aware of.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I feel like locking Sentry Mode to only turning within a wide arc (like 120°?) and otherwise having to transform and reposition would be a better way of doing that Pail. And maybe letting it shift the orientation of its arc without transforming to recon and back by using an ability that has a built-in delay (kind of like how set-up/tear-down heavy weapons work in Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I think restricting his range of motion would work nicely

Either that or bring his spread back up because seriously what the fuck

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    You make people aim with WASD when you want to limit aim speed.

Doing it with the mouse feels really bad.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    My third lootbox had Son Wukong in it :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    junkrat does 2 more damage per grenade to armour, junkrat meta

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Did they do competitive capture the flag before? That feels like it's a worse idea than competitive mystery heroes (in the current setup)

• Options

Reaper...yeesh.

People would just jack their Bastion-specific sensitivity by 20%. There'd hafta be a hard speed lock and it would absolutely destroy the character.

uh huh, uh huh, huh, yeah. So can we get that in by Tuesday?
    Actually I don't hate Bastion TOO much. I have had enough of them die on my own team with me trying hard to keep them alive that I realize that they're actually pretty fragile.

• Options
    Also, "You might not want to tell your friends about that" is so good. I realize I am super late to the party on all things Overwatch but it is so, so good.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    You make people aim with WASD when you want to limit aim speed.

Doing it with the mouse feels really bad.

Does it? I strafe aimed with the scout in TF2 and liked it. When I'm playing fast characters in other games I have to actively remember to not strafe aim, even.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.