As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're three times as fast in the 3rd [Gunpla] & Plastic models thread

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    LED could be in wrong. The wire colors are there to help the right prong get to the right spot. If you testing with the switch you have to assemble then it could also be that, try bypassing it if you can.

Edit: When I get home in about 90 minutes I'll dig up my manual and see what my translation notes are for that page.

That did it! I had accidentally switched the wires in the neck.
    67a7fw3ntjom.jpg
    HE LIVES

Kanden on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Finished the Dijeh last night

https://imgur.com/a/rAH1EVA

I like this guy. Kinda like you tossed a mech, a sports car and a shark into a blender

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Kanden wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    LED could be in wrong. The wire colors are there to help the right prong get to the right spot. If you testing with the switch you have to assemble then it could also be that, try bypassing it if you can.

Edit: When I get home in about 90 minutes I'll dig up my manual and see what my translation notes are for that page.

That did it! I had accidentally switched the wires in the neck.
    67a7fw3ntjom.jpg
    HE LIVES

*bwaaumm*

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1g1fW1gDw

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Not a ton of P Bandai stuff I want right now, but I hope that HG R-JarJa in Quebeley colors makes it over here.

N2525022001001_002.jpg

I don't really like that violet and... fuschia? together. Either one with a touch of gold would probably be better.

But it looks a lot sharper in white than the orange-red with maroon & gold color scheme of the original. It makes the details and contours pop, where the original just kind of blends together into a big blob of super-saturated color. And I'm saying this as someone who's generally a big fan of red mecha.

If you like and/or don't mind grey scale robos the R-GyaGya from Build Fighters Try is the same mold (and technically the original use of it, weird releasing the goofy custom one like 2 years before the standard) and looks really nice with the gold trim they use.

715falRd%2BeL._AC_SL1399_.jpg

That is hot.
    *fans collar*

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Very nice, @Grey Ghost ! That is a hell of a color scheme too.

Today was a very strong day of building for me. The main body is done! I'm again regretting the choice to panel line the inner frame -- if I ever do this again, it's gonna be a wash over a primed frame. I like the messy look, but 95% of it is stuff only I'll notice.

... Like the crotch pipes.

Dude has two crotch pipes.

I panel lined the crotch pipes.

9SmChG7h.jpg

Ppa8g0wh.jpg

CUtrX74h.jpg

YAYCvQih.jpg
    Crotch pipes.

3YJF1wZh.jpg

I wanted him in this hunched over, curled up, feral pose. Not there just yet, but the weapon might help with balance.

JBccrFwh.jpg

He does look good with dino buddies though!

VfDmX0Zh.jpg

I'm not done. I have the backpack and the weapons to go. Which are obviously a big part of the kit! But I always feel good when the core robot is finished. It feels like a good milestone.

... I'm wondering when my nippers will wear out. I decided to do this model by clipping through the sprues then doing flush cuts, and I have no clue if the plastic is going to wear out the nipper blades.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    JESUS BANDAI STOP IT!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Now you just need to buy the PG Banshee Norn and the PG Unicorn Final Battle Version and swap the frames.

Heffling wrote: »
    Now you just need to buy the PG Banshee Norn and the PG Unicorn Final Battle Version and swap the frames.

Part of me really hates you right now. :)

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I forgot about the RX-78-04! Guess there is something I want off there right now.

N2510142001001_002.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    fuuuuck me that shiny red sinanju is sexy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular

Wonder if there's a RX-78-05 in the works

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Is this sale going up on Bluefin's site

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Bluefins site is essentially done. it was just a trail run for this

(Also bluefins currently closes)

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited April 2020
    I'm not sure but the Gunpla section of the USA P Bandai store is opening tonight, which all these are on.

https://p-bandai.com/us/search?sort=relevance&character=03-001

edit: also the pre-order window runs until August 5th for everything going up tonight, so no rush I think. It's all get orders then produce to that amount type deals.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    So it's a section of the P-Bandai store, gotcha

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The release dates on those are weird

its the Varguil out this month in japan?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

Wonder if there's a RX-78-05 in the works

it's just a recolor with the Space Type Pale Rider's gear, so i imagine it's gotta be in the pipeline

as far as their selection goes the TV ver tallgeese is the only thing really tempting to me, but i think i'm gonna save my money for the next AoZ releases

also i finally broke the seal on my AoZ backlog

nn5wn2dzmced.png

uc3ufTB.png
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, Bluefin confirmed it's just on B-bandai's site.

The pages are live but pre-orders are not open.

Jesus, lighting kits for PG Unicorn are $140 each.

Athenor on
    I think pre-orders are going up in like, a minute. 6pm PST

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited April 2020
    Well that was nearly $500 on the credit card, including a friend who wanted an item and wanted to cut down on shipping.

Should note: The pre-orders are open until August. So they are likely going to build to suit.

Athenor on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Woo! Pre ordered my Tallgeese..

Though I wish I didn't have to wait until September.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I got the Varguil and the TV color Tallgeese....and the Tallgeese II since I already have the RG Tallgeese III I might as well catch 'em all.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Made an order for the PG Full Armor Unicorn parts. I'll order the actual Funds and LEDs later from someplace else cause fuck that price P-Bandai.

steam_sig.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    holy shit, you can buy gundam drawers?!

don't wanna get no char ones, that sends a bad message

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Wooo!

Barbatos finished!

First off... Holy shit at his smooth bore rifle. I think this is the biggest model weapon I've built for a gundam. Some of my zoids may have had bigger, but not this intricate.

wAUUzlFh.jpg

After assembling that I decided to pass on the mace. Because.. well... ugh. I don't like that it is single-tone brown, but it's a darker brown than the rifle, so I can live with it.

I did accomplish the biggest thing I wanted, though: I got him to stand in a pretty dynamic pose, without any assistance! I need to use some nail polish to shore up the shoulder joints because the mace is so heavy, and the hands don't feel like they want to lock in securely. But it is there.

So here he is, with all my MGs except for F91. Because screw F91. (I didn't want to get it out.)

p3NH8oNh.jpg

2P7wydTh.jpg

F7gjhIBh.jpg

QGTC3iih.jpg

Man. Looking at my Liger Zero, its panel lining looks way softer than I was expecting. I think it's the pour type versus the simple marker, and the methods I used. I want the runny, messy look, but I don't want it to be faded, if that makes sense?

Siiigh.

A friend just HAD to ask how tall the Barbatos was compared to the ZZ, when standing upright.

Never gonna get that pose back...

I also got my F91 down so we can dunk on it.

85gEd0Th.jpg

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So I saw that HLJ had a sale running and decided to finally bite the bullet on an item I had been watching. It's Kotobukiya's Hexa Gear line. I started with a Voltrex. I didn't realize it was a model until it showed up, but it was pretty fun to build so I ordered a few more kits while they're on sale.

Artereis on
    edited April 2020
    Kotobukiya announced their first HMMs based on Zoids Wild.

These are 1/35 sale kits. The first one is Wild Liger at 8,000 Yen.

I'm... still not a huge fan of Zoids Wild in terms of look? But hey, I might be swayed.

81bc385b78b3f769e037cf6d59e681bb2ae09f9f-800x534.jpg

1caa3dcdc6dcdf1181698b2328028700bf8f71d1-800x534.jpg

d62d0ca350611c86964da5062be433d2e82dabbe-800x534.jpg

7ce13e6198cd75da71d2a5e312dcb1542f1414da-800x534.jpg

Edit: I do think I like it better with the blue caps.

2f33149200ec3e068741b6ae23c900663ea5167b-566x800.jpg

Athenor on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    You know, frame only Gundams? Kinda cool.

Frame only zoids? Real Five Nights at Freddy’s vibe.

Lasbrook on
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    You know, frame only Gundams? Kinda cool.

Frame only zoids? Real Five Nights at Freddy’s vibe.

They usually aren't that bad! Like.. I love the look of a lot of my models with their armor off.

But that one? looks totally like a cat skeleton with eyes! And it is NOT A GOOD LOOK!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    is zoids wild kind of a horizon zero dawn take on the setting instead of these are vehicles with cockpits and sometimes a soul?

is zoids wild kind of a horizon zero dawn take on the setting instead of these are vehicles with cockpits and sometimes a soul?

No clue, but notably apparently the events take place on Earth, unlike the previous shows/franchise media.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    So I saw that HLJ had a sale running and decided to finally bite the bullet on an item I had been watching. It's Kotobukiya's Hexa Gear line. I started with a Voltrex. I didn't realize it was a model until it showed up, but it was pretty fun to build so I ordered a few more kits while they're on sale.

Don't know if HLJ posted it or not, but you probably should go with DHL since EMS, SAL and other types of shipping are stopped for now.
    https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0401_02_en.html

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Wild Liger with the red caps looks like someone gave it a Gundam paint job.

steam_sig.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    If you took all the armor off except the part with the blades that flips forward, you'd have a very mechanical looking Displacer Beast model.
    latest?cb=20141111125051

I kinda dig the open cockpit. Looks a lot more like riding an animal.

Wouldn't be practical/safe obvs, but i'm assuming Zoids Wild is a more fun times kinda robot show.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited April 2020
    And here we go....

First ever Perfect Grade: Perfect Strike.

Boxes for size comparison, my two other big models I've assembled.

O66oUWWl.jpg

Here it is all packed up... Because it doesn't have the internal boxes like the Gojulas does, I won't be able to do organization by box like before. Not... entirely sure how I'm gonna organize this.

ldz3hSGl.jpg

I don't think it has as many runners as the Gojulas, but it definitely has a lot. It also has some die-cast pieces, metal bits, and a wire. And likely some more.

z0O9DCUl.jpg

Edit: It doesn't look so bad broken down!

... What do you mean, this is just the feet?

xtnb0AHl.jpg

Athenor on
    I'm not gonna push myself tonight, but something does strongly occur to me:

Good lord there is a TON of detail on this model. Like, I was expecting a lot, but we're talking places where it will never, ever be seen - like under the ball joint area. Which is awesome! But it also makes me want to do some contrasting stuff.

I suspect... I'm going to be painting this guy.

But we'll see. There's obviously some big shoes to fill here.

eIZAXHGl.jpg

tQFhqQyl.jpg

0p1AjL1l.jpg

KOpba3bh.jpg

If you look up the ankle armor at just the right angle then you might be able to see those details. Clearly you need to paint and panel line everything.

steam_sig.png