Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

1235799

Posts

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Also, the games been out like 5 minutes... Long run we'll probably be drowning in mw cores eventually.

    Especially if purple drops are more common at some point and they continue to have a chance to drop as masterworks.

    Also with the "levels" of masterwork they have a whole lot more of a window to play with for "Masterwork" drops. I know I broke down what I thought was an unremarkable purple and got a MW core from it.

    Khraul
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    I have to wonder if the infusion system is going to be reined in a little bit, or else... maybe it's just going to be the case that we are forced to focus on specific pieces of gear and only really MW our best and favorite stuff. I think that's a mistake on Bungie's part, because getting NEW gear and trying out NEW loadouts is part of what makes Destiny fun.

    I very much suspect it's a way to lengthen the tail of the game.

    The thing is that infusing a thing into the same thing is stupid cheap. Like, 5k glimmer and that's it.

    So while infusion is a bitch right now, as you progress into the endgame it's gonna become gradually easier as you get duplicate drops of legendaries and exotics.

    GMaster7Dyvim Tvar
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's just annoying in the meantime to sit on a bunch of 500 blues but can't use the shiny new purples I have right there

    It wouldn't be so bad but I literally haven't had a single MW drop since Forsaken hit and I've been playing every day for multiple hours

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Also, the games been out like 5 minutes... Long run we'll probably be drowning in mw cores eventually.

    Especially if purple drops are more common at some point and they continue to have a chance to drop as masterworks.

    Also with the "levels" of masterwork they have a whole lot more of a window to play with for "Masterwork" drops. I know I broke down what I thought was an unremarkable purple and got a MW core from it.

    From what we saw in pre-release videos it seemed like you got some to most of your masterwork cores back when dismantling an item.

  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    It is really dumb

    "Here's a cool gun, just go ruin a couple dozen Gambit games for your teammates"

    This and the Prime buff going away are my first big complaints thus far. Still don't have an opinion as NEW CONTENT SQUEAL JOY WITHOUT THINKING is a thing, but...

    Damn is the first step of Cayde's Will stupid and poorly worded. It's not well thought out at all and reflects poorly on Bungie.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    CptHamilton
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It's just annoying in the meantime to sit on a bunch of 500 blues but can't use the shiny new purples I have right there

    It wouldn't be so bad but I literally haven't had a single MW drop since Forsaken hit and I've been playing every day for multiple hours

    Yeah, leveling definitely feels like "equip a fucking blue already" for quite a while.

    Once I hit 500/lvl 50 I started getting a lot more purple drops though. It literally went from "I guess I'm just gonna be all blues for awhile" to "everything but some weapons are now purples" in the space of like 3 hours.

    GMaster7
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah I had a dude in game last night who constantly invaded and never got a single kill, and when I told him to quit he said he didn't care, he was going for the Quest.

    Twitch pointed out that wasn't how the quest worked at all and that so many idiots are ruining Gambit for no reason at the moment

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    shryke
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Wow, I just got a blue for a reward for a gambit infamy rank up.

    Cool.

    I guess that's going to be a thing.

    :rotate:

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    It is really dumb

    "Here's a cool gun, just go ruin a couple dozen Gambit games for your teammates"

    This and the Prime buff going away are my first big complaints thus far. Still don't have an opinion as NEW CONTENT SQUEAL JOY WITHOUT THINKING is a thing, but...

    Damn is the first step of Cayde's Will stupid and poorly worded. It's not well thought out at all and reflects poorly on Bungie.

    Poorly thought out quest steps? I'd say that's pretty reflective of Bungie...

    I actually like that the Prime buff is at least visible. There was always going to be a throttle on powerful random drops. Given that, I'd much rather it be visible to players easily.

  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Gambit is much more fun now that I got those five damned hand cannon kills. What an infuriating quest step.

    Disrupter
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    There’s not enough time in the day to play this game.

    Does anyone know what’s the infamy rank when you can reset?

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    There’s not enough time in the day to play this game.

    Does anyone know what’s the infamy rank when you can reset?

    I assume it's the same as for Valor but I don't actually know.

  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

    Poorly thought out quest steps? I'd say that's pretty reflective of Bungie...

    I actually like that the Prime buff is at least visible. There was always going to be a throttle on powerful random drops. Given that, I'd much rather it be visible to players easily.
    I would rather the Prime buff be infinitesimally small. I just want a chance at a power up. Knowing it's only from powerful quests / bounties after the buff goes away makes me want to stop playing (after the bounties are done).

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Ace Of Spades might be the best hand cannon in all of destiny. It’s so crispy. Plus one precision kill nets you six(!) bonus damage bullets. The radar being active even during ADS might even push it into OP territory. This thing is amazing.

    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • StupidStupid Whine Country, CARegistered User regular
    I'm confused about the new gear system.

    Keep in mind that I'm still playing 'catch up' and haven't yet finished the Warmind DLC. I played for about 4 hours last night and managed to hit level 30 and pry my power level from 316 up to 324 by just using the highest PL gear that dropped, but it's a mis-matched travesty and my mobility/resilience/regen numbers are ridiculous.

    I think the biggest problem is that my exotic pieces are holding me back (in terms of PL). If I abandon exotics I can get up to 338, but... then I'd have no exotic bonuses. Infusing them from their current 280-ish level takes three masterwork cores each. I mysteriously have two of these but no idea where they came from or even how to get more!

    All of the planetary vendors selling gear all seem to offer 340 stuff, but I can't use it as infusion fodder because I'm missing those cores.

    I turned in all of my old deprecated tokens and got a few engrams but that all seem to be Y1 gear. (Which kind of makes sense since I haven't started on Forsaken yet.)

    Going into strikes or Crucible at my level/PL doesn't seem like a great option.

    How am I even supposed to upgrade at this point?

    On the plus side: I cleaned out all of my old mods and ended up with a small stack of mod components; I hit level 30; I got the catalyst for DARCI to drop and I'm working on the 300 precision kills to upgrade it (?); I did several bounties (another system I'm not 100% sure about yet); and it -feels- like I'm tickling the 'soft cap' for where I am in the game since I'm gathering a pile of Y1 stuff at PL340.

    I guess I can try getting through Warmind again now that I'm closer to the 'recommended' PL. I'm just a little shy about it after my last bang-head-into-a-brick-wall experience with those missions. From what I've read, the old cap between CoO and Warmind was 330 and I'm pretty close to that (and over it if I give up exotics) so it shouldn't be too too hard, right?

  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    If you want to level as quickly as possible you should basically abandon exotics until you hit the soft cap

    Going up quickly is 100% about putting on the thing with the highest number even if you hate it

    Also doing missions while you’re around 20 light levels below as a fire team is the fastest way to level up because you’ll get higher light level drops

    DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

    https://medium.com/@alascii
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Remember that the specific gear you wear is literally irrelevant for determining the level of what drops.

    High level items will make you stronger, so you can go through the campaign faster. But the level of the items that drop for you is based on the highest level of gear you could equip and it takes into account basically anything on your account (ie - inventory, vault, I think even other characters)

    So as long as you are high enough to get the missions done, don't worry about trying to equip your highest stuff.

    DevoutlyApathetic
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Also to build on what shryke was saying under no circumstances at all do you dismantle the highest number you have for a slot. Even if you hate it with the fire of a thousand suns keep it around until a higher number drops.

    BolthornFawstshrykeshoeboxjeddy
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Chili Dog Enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    shryke wrote: »
    Remember that the specific gear you wear is literally irrelevant for determining the level of what drops.

    High level items will make you stronger, so you can go through the campaign faster. But the level of the items that drop for you is based on the highest level of gear you could equip and it takes into account basically anything on your account (ie - inventory, vault, I think even other characters)

    So as long as you are high enough to get the missions done, don't worry about trying to equip your highest stuff.

    Good point. If you're using a 300 Skullfort (like me) and a 400 blue helm drops, even if you want to keep using the Skullfort, don't dust the 400 helm. Just keep it SOMEWHERE and it'll make it so that your LL is elevated by a LL400 helm (for new gear drop purposes).

    Edit: Also: Are people not infusing old exotics because the new ones have additional perks, or am I wrong on that and new exotic drops have the same perks as before? Once I get to 500ish, I'd love to infuse my Skullfort from 300 to 500, but I'm not going to waste cores or whatever if I should just be holding out for a new-and-improved Y2 Skullfort. Same question for weapons.

    GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bows are so good I almost forgot Rumble sucks

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Edit: Also: Are people not infusing old exotics because the new ones have additional perks, or am I wrong on that and new exotic drops have the same perks as before? Once I get to 500ish, I'd love to infuse my Skullfort from 300 to 500, but I'm not going to waste cores or whatever if I should just be holding out for a new-and-improved Y2 Skullfort. Same question for weapons.

    I think all the old armor exotics got the perks they'd have to be "real" Y2 armors but every Skullfort, for example, got the same roll of Hand Cannon Targeting and Special Ammo Finder. I'm unsure but suspect about if new exotics have fixed perks or roll randomly.

    I really hope rolls can be random on drops because a bunch of the fixed ones are stupid. War Rig helps you aim sidearms? That's....that's just great.

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Remember that the specific gear you wear is literally irrelevant for determining the level of what drops.

    High level items will make you stronger, so you can go through the campaign faster. But the level of the items that drop for you is based on the highest level of gear you could equip and it takes into account basically anything on your account (ie - inventory, vault, I think even other characters)

    So as long as you are high enough to get the missions done, don't worry about trying to equip your highest stuff.

    Good point. If you're using a 300 Skullfort (like me) and a 400 blue helm drops, even if you want to keep using the Skullfort, don't dust the 400 helm. Just keep it SOMEWHERE and it'll make it so that your LL is elevated by a LL400 helm (for new gear drop purposes).

    Edit: Also: Are people not infusing old exotics because the new ones have additional perks, or am I wrong on that and new exotic drops have the same perks as before? Once I get to 500ish, I'd love to infuse my Skullfort from 300 to 500, but I'm not going to waste cores or whatever if I should just be holding out for a new-and-improved Y2 Skullfort. Same question for weapons.

    A: If you’re infusing an item into an identical item, you only pay glimmer to infuse up.

    B: If you pull an exotic from the collection, it only comes out a bit under the cap. I’m getting 490 exotics from mine right now.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    GMaster7
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Prime attunement appears to be a daily thing. I withdraw my earlier gripe concerning this.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Disruptershryke
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So the caveat here is I don’t know if the gear from content over your light level drops with a flat boost on your current light level or at the level of the content.

    If it’s the latter, you always want to be doing the highest level content you can do at a reasonable pace that you’re still underleveled for. Which means you always want to be wearing your highest level gear

    If it’s the former, wearing gear below your secret total light level means like you aren’t goIng to ever get the underleveled boost because you’re always doing content the game thinks you’re overlevelled for

    (Talking about below soft cap)

    DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

    https://medium.com/@alascii
  • StupidStupid Whine Country, CARegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Remember that the specific gear you wear is literally irrelevant for determining the level of what drops.

    High level items will make you stronger, so you can go through the campaign faster. But the level of the items that drop for you is based on the highest level of gear you could equip and it takes into account basically anything on your account (ie - inventory, vault, I think even other characters)

    So as long as you are high enough to get the missions done, don't worry about trying to equip your highest stuff.

    Good point. If you're using a 300 Skullfort (like me) and a 400 blue helm drops, even if you want to keep using the Skullfort, don't dust the 400 helm. Just keep it SOMEWHERE and it'll make it so that your LL is elevated by a LL400 helm (for new gear drop purposes).

    Edit: Also: Are people not infusing old exotics because the new ones have additional perks, or am I wrong on that and new exotic drops have the same perks as before? Once I get to 500ish, I'd love to infuse my Skullfort from 300 to 500, but I'm not going to waste cores or whatever if I should just be holding out for a new-and-improved Y2 Skullfort. Same question for weapons.
    Right! I used to know that and thanks for reminding me! That makes me feel a little better. Maybe I'll buy a couple of those 340 planetary vendor pieces to put my effective PL right at my soft cap of 340 and then grab the "powerfull" engrams that I've been avoiding for the last two days.

    I'm curious about the old exotics too. I didn't notice any update to the ones I have. There's so much new to learn!!

    GMaster7
  • DysDys Registered User regular
    Guys, I was lamenting the loss of my sweet coat from the Year 1 armor and I just now stumbled on to the fact that the first vanguard set from the first game is back for warlocks.

    The one with the sweet coat that I kept infused and wore for as much of the first game as possible.

    I am very excited to get my destiny fashion on again.

    Bolthorn
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Prime attunement appears to be a daily thing. I withdraw my earlier gripe concerning this.

    It literally tells you that it is a daily thing upon visiting Rahul for the first time after hitting level 50

    Tide goes in. Tide goes out.
    Es-annon NEVA 4GET
    ObiFett
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Prime attunement appears to be a daily thing. I withdraw my earlier gripe concerning this.

    It literally tells you that it is a daily thing upon visiting Rahul for the first time after hitting level 50

    Wait you read what they say?

    Loser

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Apothe0sisDyvim Tvar
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Registered User regular
    Catching up on this thread after moving and then being away at PAX and then busy playing Forsaken has been DAUNTING but now I'm caught up and AREN'T YOU ALL GLAD I POSTED

    Anyway, bows are really fucking fun, Forsaken is great, and my e-peen is back in the form of Grimoire Triumph Score

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I’m increasingly disappointed that quickplay in the crucible was turned into a shitty meme. At least comp still offers some semblance of balance.

    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I've quite enjoyed the quickplay I've done so far, personally, but I'm not a PvP guy

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I seem to get like 1/6 of the exp I used to get.

    A Patrol gives like 600 (with +20% buffs) ... It used to give 3000 without buffs, thats some fucking bullshit.

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Does anyone know what mods, if any, stack?

    And am I guaranteed to get the mod in a piece of armor if I break it down?

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Devrims powerful gear is bugged and not powerful at all.

  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Does anyone know what mods, if any, stack?

    And am I guaranteed to get the mod in a piece of armor if I break it down?

    1. All of them, I think? Maybe there's a limit, but the one cooldown mod I own doesn't state one.
    2. I believe so. Have gotten it every time so far.

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Thankfully, a lot of people are also misreading the quest and invading with just handcannons to help others finish up the quest.
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

    It literally tells you that it is a daily thing upon visiting Rahul for the first time after hitting level 50
    I know, that's literally why I posted what you quoted. Thanks? :).

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    making bounties the only way to earn Clan XP is bad enough but they really need to fix it so that isn't the same bunch day after day, especially when 2 of the 3 solo ones are Crucible related.

    twmjrDevoutlyApatheticGnomeTankSirialisHiryu02Evil MultifariousCormacWolveSightshrykeArteenWassermeloneObiFettchemicalkbMenasorDyvim Tvar
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    making bounties the only way to earn Clan XP is bad enough but they really need to fix it so that isn't the same bunch day after day, especially when 2 of the 3 solo ones are Crucible related.

    Yeah this is really annoying

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's dumb the clan stuff only has 3 bounties but every other vendor has way more than that

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    CptHamiltonDyvim Tvar
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    making bounties the only way to earn Clan XP is bad enough but they really need to fix it so that isn't the same bunch day after day, especially when 2 of the 3 solo ones are Crucible related.

    Yeah this is really annoying

    I really don't like being forced to play Crucible. Let me play it on my terms or ideally not at all. Why not make one solo PVE, one PVP, and one strike/grouped content?

    Signature3.jpg
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | Destiny: Gridlynk | Battlefield 1: Gridlynk
    CptHamilton
This discussion has been closed.