As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] You're Not Crazy: Cutest Molaihts Now Cost Super Mitboost Gates

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Upon double checking the sets, it’s scatterhorn that’s atrocious, not tangled web. My apologies to the rest of the fashionistas for the confusion konphujun.

Damn dawg, I was about to say

Tangled Web (Hunter at least) is great except the legs kinda look like baseball pants, but that spider face and huge spike elbow rock, and it's got a nice fluffy cloak collar

I've seen homeless people that dress better than the Scatterhorn set, that Hunter helmet looks like a dog that's lived a rough 15 years, I hate it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yeah the Scatterhorn set is garbage fire.

Because pretty princess dressup is most important, I delete Scatterhorn immediately on receiving it if its not a LL upgrade. Even then I can't bring myself to wear it; I just keep it around till that slot gets upgraded again.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Me with a shotgun in Destiny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFufoOgCMW8

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Hey, you got the kill at least

Typical teammate too

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Scatterhorn warlock robes don't look great but at least they don't look like a bathrobe like half of the D1 warlock gear.
    I think the only Forsaken warlock gear I absolutely hate the appearce of are the Wing Theorem (Crucible) and Thorium Holt (fuck if I know what it's affiliated with but I get them all the damn time) helmets. The Wing Theorem one appears to be made of pipe cleaners and the Thorium Holt one is just goofy.

But hey, at least they're not that absurd Trials hat from base D2.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I can't make sense of the daily resets.

It is supposed to be crucible, gambit, strike, adventure (not in that order), one a day, repeating after the cycle; right?

So why do I not have any new dailies half the time? What seems to actually happen is that those will reset once a week, and then once complete won't begin the 4-day reset cycle again until the next Tuesday reset.

No daily today. No daily yesterday. Tuesday I had some!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

It is supposed to be crucible, gambit, strike, adventure (not in that order), one a day, repeating after the cycle; right?

So why do I not have any new dailies half the time? What seems to actually happen is that those will reset once a week, and then once complete won't begin the 4-day reset cycle again until the next Tuesday reset.

I think it may be literally 24 hours from when you complete them? I can't make sense of them otherwise.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Crucible and Adventure typically happen on a single day followed by a day with nothing. The intent was, apparently, strike-gambit-crucible-adventure in a four day cycle but they managed to fuck it up somehow.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yeah I have no idea how the daily resets work. I seem to have all of the dailies available on Tuesday along with my weekly reset stuff and then if I do them all on Tuesday/Wednesday I will get them on some other days but not according to any pattern I've discerned. Like I think I had a daily adventure to do on Monday and that was the first one after last Tuesday.

Edit: I get not putting a ton of text about it in-game but they could put up some kind of explanation or schedule on the website, at least.

CptHamilton on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Why the fuck cant I do Heroic Adventures until the planet is the flashpoint?... Its not even internally consistent since Mercury can do Heroics all the time. (Get them from Vance)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Yeah I have no idea how the daily resets work. I seem to have all of the dailies available on Tuesday along with my weekly reset stuff and then if I do them all on Tuesday/Wednesday I will get them on some other days but not according to any pattern I've discerned. Like I think I had a daily adventure to do on Monday and that was the first one after last Tuesday.

Edit: I get not putting a ton of text about it in-game but they could put up some kind of explanation or schedule on the website, at least.

The only one that doesn't reset on the 4-day cycle is the Heroic Adventure one. The 4-day cycle is: Strike, Gambit, Crucible, [Nothing]. Adventure is supposed to be in that slot, but it actually seems to reset purely on Tuesday and Saturday. Current supposition is that it's because it's tied to the Flashpoint, which is on a weekly cycle and if the Adventure was on a true 4-day cycle, there would be some weeks where it would only reset once during the weekly cycle. Or it could just be bugged. Who knows?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

The only one that doesn't reset on the 4-day cycle is the Heroic Adventure one. The 4-day cycle is: Strike, Gambit, Crucible, [Nothing]. Adventure is supposed to be in that slot, but it actually seems to reset purely on Tuesday and Saturday. Current supposition is that it's because it's tied to the Flashpoint, which is on a weekly cycle and if the Adventure was on a true 4-day cycle, there would be some weeks where it would only reset once during the weekly cycle. Or it could just be bugged. Who knows?

That actually makes a lot of sense.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Why the fuck cant I do Heroic Adventures until the planet is the flashpoint?... Its not even internally consistent since Mercury can do Heroics all the time. (Get them from Vance)

Because Mercury and Mars were given their own heroic adventure systems back when they were released and they didn't change those, probably for legacy players. All the planets that never had heroic adventures in the first place got the new system, where the heroic adventure is basically the daily milestone for the flashpoint the way all the other major weekly milestones in the Director have one.

It was all in the patch notes.

shryke on
  • Options
    How do you get the Mars Heroics Adventures then?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    How do you get the Mars Heroics Adventures then?

From Ana Bray.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Huh, I thought I already checked with her.

Also, I wish they put patch notes into the game itself.

You could look at patch notes on the main menu in The Division.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    So of all the overlapping systems that make up the ridiculous Rube Goldberg machine that is destiny 2 Forsaken progression, I think they finally did it right with gambit progression.

No tokens, bounties increase progression, almost all bounties are just ‘play good’ and the rank up rewards are varied and frequent. Also the drifter says dumb stuff when you rank up which is great.

Now if only crucible didn’t have its old garbage system

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    I feel like the 15 rep from a Gambit bounty is so minuscule though

I wish there was one more daily Gambit bounty that gave Legendary Gear

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

And that half the bounties that gave legendary gear weren't ridiculous unholy slogs that take 10x longer then the rest of the bounties for barely any more reward.

"Deposit 50 motes" is 15 rep and will take you 1 game.
    "Get 30 final blows, with a shotgun, on yellow bar targets" is 25 rep and a purple and yet will take you like 5 or more games.

Plus the boost is basically non-existent. You need 15k rep to max out. A win is like 500 rep or more I think.

• Options
    Most of the Gambit bounties contents are pretty good but I hate all the bounties in every category that are "kill this type of enemy with this type of weapon". The elemental kills bounties are good. I can use what I want or, if I don't have a gun I like of that type, fall back on my class abilities.

And yeah, the reward in terms of Infamy is pretty lame compared to rank-up rewards.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    What are masterwork cores and where can I get them, because all of my light ~280 gear is in desperate need of upgrades just to do Warmind.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    We have one spot to give a go to Kalli this saturday, we might give a try to 2nd boss for demonstration purposes, but i dont think the group is geared yet for that, it will be an hour attempt. Plx halp

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1224591

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Anyone up for farming the EP shotty this weekend? I need it and sleeper to feel not nerfed in gambit

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Anyone up for farming the EP shotty this weekend? I need it and sleeper to feel not nerfed in gambit

I'm trying to get it this week with my clan, but if they're too lazy I'd be down (on PS4 though)

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Me and usually shryke can always be dragged into it. Usual reminder for pc people to get in discord!
    shryke wrote: »

And that half the bounties that gave legendary gear weren't ridiculous unholy slogs that take 10x longer then the rest of the bounties for barely any more reward.

"Get 30 final blows, with a shotgun, on yellow bar targets" is 25 rep and a purple and yet will take you like 5 or more games.

Plus the boost is basically non-existent. You need 15k rep to max out. A win is like 500 rep or more I think.

If you don't sweep/get swept (which is common for me), the 3rd round usually has a butt ton of yellow health enemies that makes those go much easier. Can usually get in 2 games if I hit that round.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    What are masterwork cores and where can I get them, because all of my light ~280 gear is in desperate need of upgrades just to do Warmind.

Right now they are bloody rare and expensive (sold by a vendor you don't have access to yet) . I wouldn't bother consuming any until you're well into the Forsaken end-game. If you're hurting for gear your best bet is probably just to roam around on the Flashpoint planet (currently IO).

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I was looking into buying a new, larger ssd for my computer, and using the older, smaller ssd as an external drive for my PS4 pro, since a lot of people have said it really can speed up d2 load times

Sony apparently hard coded a lower drive size limit of 250gb for external drives.

My ssd is 240gb

Great fucking job there Sony, arbitrary limits are fucking fantastic.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Me and usually shryke can always be dragged into it. Usual reminder for pc people to get in discord!
    shryke wrote: »

If you don't sweep/get swept (which is common for me), the 3rd round usually has a butt ton of yellow health enemies that makes those go much easier. Can usually get in 2 games if I hit that round.

One thing I don't like about Gambit is if you win the first round it feels like you get handicapped in the second. And if I lose the first round then it feels like I get a bonus... usually in the form of invasion portals all day every day. Also more orange/yellow bars.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    There’s a pretty large amount of Mario Karting in Gambit it seems

You definitely get way more high value targets if you lose the first round

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Okay game, settle down.

2 powerful engrams in a row: Exotic.

Cerberus+1 and Black Talon. The sword looks awesome.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    There’s a pretty large amount of Mario Karting in Gambit it seems

You definitely get way more high value targets if you lose the first round

If your opponents have already summoned their primeval you get an unofficial high-value target (a glowy dude who drops extra triangles when killed but doesn't drop them on hit like the real high-value targets) in every wave of guys as well.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I don't know who posted about pairing Chaperone with Inaugural Address, but this is a spicy combo and I just knocked out like 8% of the precision kills for my Redrix bounty in one game using that set up.

So thanks to whoever mentioned that

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I don't know who posted about pairing Chaperone with Inaugural Address, but this is a spicy combo and I just knocked out like 8% of the precision kills for my Redrix bounty in one game using that set up.

Kinetic Shotgun + Inaugural Address is my go-to combo for Crucible since the weapon changes dropped. It's just so damn good. The only thing it lacks in is for close but not shotgun range duels, which you just avoid.

I like the Dust Rock Blues usually, just because it doesn't require precision hits like Chaperone, but I should probably start trying to get better with Chaperone.

shryke on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    An alternative is getting a full auto+slideshot dust rock blues. Let's even a baddie like me murder people with a shotgun!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Adding my own: Parcel of Stardust + Inaugural Address has been my go-to in Crucible

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Probably me? That’s my go to combo right now. It seems super legit though s good slide shotty can get me to whiff my headshot and ohk me before I can follow up melee

But yeah it’s pretty great

I’m looking forward to the eventual chaperone masterwork

Also I’ve found the precision target perk helps chappy, I’m not sure if shotgun targetting does. I think so. But I’ve been loving the shotgun kills give more super energy perk

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I wish I could use Inaugural but something about it feels off. Looking forward to a well-rolled Go Figure or Bygones, or the dream, Chattering Bone.

• Options
    I loved Gunnora's Axe in Y1, so I was happy to finish Chaperone up. It's great. Spoiler alert, Gunnora is still great too if you want an Energy slug

My secret Energy sauce though has been Swift Ride. Yeah, a Y1 pulse, but it's sooo smoooth, and Headseeker. Don't tell anyone

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Ohhhh. Other slugs eh. Might be a good pair with bygones and go figure

I’ve been using lord of wolves and it’s good but it’s great against meh players and bad against good ones

Half the reason I want ikelos is to have an energy shotty I like. The two guns that kill me and make me go “what? Seriously?” Are chaperone (which I then go, oh ok makes sense) and ikelos

616610-1.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hand in Hand is the most hilarious gun in crucible, it's worth a try.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
This discussion has been closed.