Options

A [Dragon Quest] Thread Is Too Busy Dancing!

123457»

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The demo is apparently like 10 hours of the game, which is very cool.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Is there a way to disable the in combat moving around so I can maneuver menus with the joystick instead of this affront to mankind pretending to be a d-pad?

• Options
    Yeah, I think there's something in options where you can switch between 'dynamic' and 'classic' combat modes?

I'm interested to try the 2D mode of the game, bummer you can't do it in the demo but I suppose that makes sense.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Finally finished the demo
    It ends right before the desert checkpoint

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Sooooooooooon

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    So I picked this up on the Switch today and I'm just starting.

The old man at the river is just Grandpa Gohan, right? The design has barely changed.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    It's Toriyama, all human characters are either some variation on Goku, Grandpa Gohan, or Bulma.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Or 18

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    18 is a Bulma

• Options
    I’m pleased to announce that Dragon Quest 1 on the Switch is... Dragon Quest 1 on the Switch.

Hey, it’s $5, what do you expect?

I don’t think the updated character art looks as bad as some people do, but it definitely stands out against the backgrounds, which were not updated, so it’s a little jarring.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    It's a Square-Enix port, so I guess I expected it to be twenty dollars

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m honestly impressed they priced it so low.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Also that they're selling them individually.

So, do you have to keep outfit granting armor in your inventory to have the outfit available, or is it a once you unlock it you have it kinda thing?

edit: heh, a loading screen tip went an answered my question for me. You dont have to keep the items once you have the appearance

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I just clicked on a spoiler and found out I'm not even halfway through the game. I'm kinda shocked.

I've been playing with the stronger enemies Draconian Quest option and have been trying to keep from getting overleveled so I have to strategize more. Right now I'm at Krystalinda.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeah, this game really impressed me with its length! I didn’t think we’d get as much detail and background as we did, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am kinda annoyed they made that definitive edition of XI on the Switch. I had it on the ps4.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ya there is a part of me that wishes they had put out the updates for the PS4 version since I played a bunch of the game on that, though I never did do the third act.

On the other hand playing this for an hour or so in bed before I go to sleep is pretty great. Gonna actually get through the whole thing this time.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Yeah, it would be nice if they’d released a patch or something. But I’m a sucker and bought a copy of each version, so.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DQXI is basically 3 games

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    XI S coming to Xbox and PC Gamepass December 4:

https://youtu.be/F57er96VGGE

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Wonder if it's going to be a Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal situation where if you have 11 on PC already you need to buy the Definitive Edition too or if they'll be nice and do a dlc option to add the new content.

FFXIV: Agran Trask