As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Knee vs. Qudans rematch is everything I want

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I hate fighting nightmare. His dumb drill sword thing sucks.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's very vulnerable to sidestep. He also has two versions to look out for.

The normal version hits twice and is extremely slow to recover. If you block it, you get a free punish.

His other version hits a few extra times with guard break attack. That's the blue lightning effect that causes you to reel back when you block it. This version gives him the advantage instead when you block it.

The trick is that he can only do the enhanced version when soul charged or when he has his unique "terror charge" with the red vapor all over him. Doing an enhanced move like that uses up the terror charge, so he can't do it more than once in a row.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    That was one of the most brutal slow motion finished I've seen in this game.

Normally there's some drama, but there you saw exactly what was going to happen just had to sit and watch it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    That was one of the most brutal slow motion finished I've seen in this game.

Normally there's some drama, but there you saw exactly what was going to happen just had to sit and watch it.

'OH SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...shit'

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The return of Lili the assassin!

Deans on
  • Options
    Qudans should have picked Lili after Knee got locked into DJ

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I need raph tips then.

I keep getting my ass kicked online

Also recovery tips.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    There's a fucking bear in top 3, holy christ

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    So I always hear that bears in T7 are trash tier, but I don't know enough about them or the game to really know why. What are their deficiencies that are so outstanding compared to the rest of the cast?

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    I cannot understate how much bear sucks, and conversely how goddamn impressive Rangchu is in getting this far. What an absolute killer.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    So I always hear that bears in T7 are trash tier, but I don't know enough about them or the game to really know why. What are their deficiencies that are so outstanding compared to the rest of the cast?

Sidesteps, basically

High tier characters can often move in literal circles around an unprepared bear

• Options
    I'm really curious why he didn't pick Bears against Knee in winners.

Trying some shit out cause he's in winners and has a match to give? Thinks he'll probably lose and doesn't want to give any tells away with his mains in case he has to play Knee again in losers? YOLO fuck it?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Sidesteps, basically

High tier characters can often move in literal circles around an unprepared bear

Is it that the bears don't have any good/reliable homing moves, or is it that all of the bears' moves can be sidestepped with more lenient timing/direction choice than other characters, or both?

l_g on
  • Options
    Bears essentially are the most fragile characters in the game. They die faster than anyone else.

Bear size means there are mixups that are considered trash because everyone cab just backdash or sidestep them. Bears can't. Gotta hold them.

Bears are mega disadvantaged against DJ for the same reason that Lili is a counterpick.

• Options
  • Options
    Knob wrote: »
    Bears essentially are the most fragile characters in the game. They die faster than anyone else.

Bear size means there are mixups that are considered trash because everyone cab just backdash or sidestep them. Bears can't. Gotta hold them.

Bears are mega disadvantaged against DJ for the same reason that Lili is a counterpick.

I always hear that Jack has disadvantages in that his big hurtbox combined with his otherwise mediocre sidestep means Jack cannot sidestep things most of the rest of the cast can, but does he also share the backdash weakness of bears?

Since Jack mostly has to just block high or low, what does Jack do to combat sidestepping? Does Jack have a lot of moves with true homing or generally strong tracking that simply discourage the opponent from sidestepping in the first place? And the bears don't have anything similar?

Thanks for answering all my newbie questions all the time, Knob!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I'm at work so I can't see the trailer yet but Marduk is definitely a way to get me to play more tekken

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Hoooooly shit, what was that?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KNEE WITH THE CLUTCH DROP

• Options
    Nerf bears!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    nerf bears

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Am I missing bears on stream while I'm at work that sucks

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Bears vs Qudans grand finals

what a tournament

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Knob wrote: »

I always hear that Jack has disadvantages in that his big hurtbox combined with his otherwise mediocre sidestep means Jack cannot sidestep things most of the rest of the cast can, but does he also share the backdash weakness of bears?

Since Jack mostly has to just block high or low, what does Jack do to combat sidestepping? Does Jack have a lot of moves with true homing or generally strong tracking that simply discourage the opponent from sidestepping in the first place? And the bears don't have anything similar?

Thanks for answering all my newbie questions all the time, Knob!

Jack has a similar size disadvantage to bears in that he takes more damage, but his movement isn't quite as bad as bears. He also doesn't need to move as much since his toolset is extremely good for defensive play and keepout. Bears do not have good defensive options, they need to play aggressively, which means they're operating at ranges where they have to deal with things via movement that Jack can just keep at bay.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I dislike both these characters. Looks, playstyle, how their moves look, all of it. The actual playing is fun to watch though!

Qudans is coming back a bit into this. Ice in the veins.

HYSTERICAL bear combo.

Absalon on
  • Options
    We are one game away from a Global Panda Champion.

• Options
    BEARS

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I need raph tips then.

I keep getting my ass kicked online

Also recovery tips.

Disclaimer: I am not a Raph expert, but a fellow newbie with about a month’s head start

First off a warning - Raph is one of the harder characters in the game in terms of execution. I’m not trying to scare you off, he’s a lot of fun and I’ve decided to put in the time as well, but he is tricky to take full advantage of. That said, there’s nothing saying you need to be able to do optimal combos and punishers to have fun.

In terms of play style, Raphael is built around punishing opponents. He’s one of only a few characters with the fastest punish in the game (10 frames). If you’re not ready to get into frame data, this basically means his 6b attack is very fast and can hit while opponents are recovering from blocked attacks. (let me know if you need info on move notation, I don’t know how new you are and don’t want to talk down to you)

The best possible punish with 6b is where it gets tricky as 6bb does 22 damage which is decent, but 6b 46 bk does 35 damage and knocks down. Basically you’re attacking, cancelling with back into Arriere’s Gambit, cancelling that forward into Preparation, and then doing bk from Prep. Definitely worth practising, but 6bb is still pretty good for now.

Having such a fast attack is also really useful at low ranks when it seems like everyone is just trying to rush you down super aggressively.

Other good Raph stuff...
    1b is good low poke that turns into Prep stance if you hold the b. If the opponent is sidestepping a lot use 6a to hit them.
    3b is your launcher, if you hold the b a moment longer to go into Prep (3B) you can get a decent combo with 3B kkb.
    He’s got a lot of moves that auto-parry or evade, go through the move list and pay close attention to the notes at the bottom. These are also good against opponents who spam attacks.

Overall gameplan: Block opponents attacks and hit them back with 6bb to start. If they whiff an attack, or you block something that seems slower than normal, try something like 3B instead to launch them.

You’ve also got longer reach than most, if the opponent is at a distance and tries to come in on you, 236b them in the face.

• Options
    holy crap

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    fighting games...are good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Pretty beautiful journey, that.

• Options
    BEARS

bears...beats...total domination

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Harada: "Panda. Really?"

• Options
    I hope this starts a new trend across every game of people trying to revitalize the worst characters

Nappa, Alex, and Ganondorf will reign

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    If this has shown anything, it's that clearly we need more animals in fighting games.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    When's Gon coming back

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    A FUCKING BEAR IS WORLD CHAMPION

• Options