As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

https://clips.twitch.tv/GloriousUglyHawkCoolStoryBro

HE TOOK THE MANS BOOK

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I love go1 so much. He just seems so wholesome. Plz dont tell me he sucks.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    FITE GAMES SON

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Akuma always looks cooler and better in T7 than in SF.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

he's a thicc boy in t7

which makes him superior

• Options

I feel as if some characters look good in the modern SF artstyle and some don't.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I dunno...I've always thought Akuma was kind of a boring edgelord design so I don't mind them taking it up to 11 and giving him a lion mane or whatever.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    NRS thought that MK would have better neutral if they neutered the fireballs and made jumps slower.

BUT they didn't remove the full screen moves with forward momentum that lead into 50/50 frame trap on block.

This game lacks neutral in a lot of match-ups, it's just a bunch of projectiles and occasional teleports. The throws are also a taaaaad too long considering they happen so often. It weakens the viewing impression.

Absalon on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    There are very few far advancing moves that are plus on block actually.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I guess I had the wrong impression. A lot of MK matches I've seen this tournament have been dull as diluted milk, but this Erron v Kung Lao is admittedly amazing.

Absalon on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    By the way, if you like Tekken at all the Combo Breaker top 8 was one of the best top 8's I've ever seen, and definitely the best grand finals that I can remember in a long time.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I was at CB this weekend. This was my only appearance on stream fighting Mike Z. It was a good match!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/429244229?t=04h37m10s

• Options
    Sonicfox really doesn't get tilted does he? Solid solid comeback.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I watched Sonic Fox's tier list video earlier and this top 8 is confirming all the points he made.

• Options
    That was an impressive comeback.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Who’s he playing as today

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Who’s he playing as today

Mostly Jacqui, with some Erron Black and a surprise Skarlet.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    No one posted this yet: Punk is a fucking next level player. Grand finals (1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st) in every premier he attended this year. Guy is ridicuuuuuuuulous.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Euphemon wrote: »
    No one posted this yet: Punk is a fucking next level player. Grand finals (1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st) in every premier he attended this year. Guy is ridicuuuuuuuulous.

I do hope he can keep it up though. I remember when he first hit the scene he was dominant like the first half of the year. Then lost at Evo GFs and struggled for most of the other half.

• Options
    That was free.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I do hope he can keep it up though. I remember when he first hit the scene he was dominant like the first half of the year. Then lost at Evo GFs and struggled for most of the other half.

GOD REMEMBER THE HYPE AND COCKINESS BEHIND HIM AND THEN HE GOT CRUSHED BY FCHAMP THOUGH? I can't remember the exact tournament but the look on his face was INCREDIBLE.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    this POPOFF

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    That was pretty entertaining.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm not complaining but i'm surprised at the restraint of netherrealm, i really thought we'd get a trailer for the first dlc by now

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    i'm not complaining but i'm surprised at the restraint of netherrealm, i really thought we'd get a trailer for the first dlc by now

"Next week", according to Mr. Boon

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well shows me for opening my mouth

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019

GOD REMEMBER THE HYPE AND COCKINESS BEHIND HIM AND THEN HE GOT CRUSHED BY FCHAMP THOUGH? I can't remember the exact tournament but the look on his face was INCREDIBLE.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37185620/#Comment_37185620
    Found when I posted about it. No wonder I couldn't remember the tournament, it was a random tournament at SXSW. I forgot that Fchamp perfected him multiple times even, going 7-0 in the round robin and getting bounced 0-2 while being perfected by Dhalsim, that's rough! Though it did lead to a great run that eventually ended at Evo with Tokido...

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I dunno...I've always thought Akuma was kind of a boring edgelord design so I don't mind them taking it up to 11 and giving him a lion mane or whatever.

I super disagree with this, because I think Akuma is a really restrained design that isn't edgelord-y at all. They took one character who has an inherently simple design (Ryu!) that totally works, took something with deep symbolism and epic dramatic fearsome-ness (Nio statues!) and combined it in a way that makes it utterly distinct in spite of how similar it seems to be. I think that's what the SFV design gets fundamentally wrong about Akuma: the edgelord Ryu isn't Akuma, it's Evil Ryu. By trying to dial up the ridiculous on Akuma, they wind up losing the simplicity that makes Akuma so striking in his contrast with Ryu. Akuma and Ryu are not so different, and yet have all the difference in the world. I think the comparison is even sharper when you think about Akuma and Ryu together with Ken: Akuma is an amazing parallel to Ryu, Ken is an amazing parallel to Ryu, but Akuma is not much of a parallel to Ken.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

I super disagree with this, because I think Akuma is a really restrained design that isn't edgelord-y at all. They took one character who has an inherently simple design (Ryu!) that totally works, took something with deep symbolism and epic dramatic fearsome-ness (Nio statues!) and combined it in a way that makes it utterly distinct in spite of how similar it seems to be. I think that's what the SFV design gets fundamentally wrong about Akuma: the edgelord Ryu isn't Akuma, it's Evil Ryu. By trying to dial up the ridiculous on Akuma, they wind up losing the simplicity that makes Akuma so striking in his contrast with Ryu. Akuma and Ryu are not so different, and yet have all the difference in the world. I think the comparison is even sharper when you think about Akuma and Ryu together with Ken: Akuma is an amazing parallel to Ryu, Ken is an amazing parallel to Ryu, but Akuma is not much of a parallel to Ken.

Who's the Waluigi in this situation?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »

Dan?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    waluigi is the waluigi in this situation

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Kupi wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »

Dan?

So Akuma's lifelong rival is Dan? I'd play that story mode

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Ryu = Mario
    Ken = Luigi
    Evil Ryu = Wario
    Evil Ken = Waluigi

Akuma would maybe be Bowser in this rubric?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I think I've seen at least two different titles on the shelf at Barnes and Noble about someone getting suddenly isekai'd for no explained reason and then, once there, they reform the kingdom's finances using modern accounting. They're definitely mining the field deep.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I feel like sonic fox has gotten three times hotter since I last saw him. Maybe he’s been working out?

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Nevermind. I couldn't come up with a response that didn't come out weird.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Granblue Fantasy: Versus Beta codes are going out. Sadly, it doesn't look like the servers are up yet.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
This discussion has been closed.