Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dragon Quest] Builders 2 - Better than DQB1 in every way. Also DQXI-S Sept 2019!

1181920212224»

• akjakakjak Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Anyone have tips how to find the spoilspores when they spawn? My sky is all pink and I just can’t find the last (?) one!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9749-7483
    Puzzle&Dragons: 399,873,301
  • akjakakjak Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Never mind. It’s “story”

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9749-7483
    Puzzle&Dragons: 399,873,301
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Ugh, sometimes this game's lack of quest breadcrumbs can be agonizing. 2nd Island:
    I'm building the gold bar, and I built my first 50 blocks, after which the villagers are supposed to be building the rest. Well they aren't, and I know I was supposed to get red dye, which I did and I dyed some light/lantern blocks, but there's no quest npc to tell me what I'm supposed to trigger the next step. Anyone remember?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Ugh, sometimes this game's lack of quest breadcrumbs can be agonizing. 2nd Island:
    I'm building the gold bar, and I built my first 50 blocks, after which the villagers are supposed to be building the rest. Well they aren't, and I know I was supposed to get red dye, which I did and I dyed some light/lantern blocks, but there's no quest npc to tell me what I'm supposed to trigger the next step. Anyone remember?
    A waypoint in the desert that's next to a small oasis, where you would have fought a king slime.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
    A waypoint in the desert that's next to a small oasis, where you would have fought a king slime.
    That desert across the sea is where I got the dye...I think. I know I went over there and fought the guy, and I built a few red light boxes.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    That desert across the sea is where I got the dye...I think. I know I went over there and fought the guy, and I built a few red light boxes.
    Oh, duh. I parsed what you said completely wrong, I thought you were asking where to find the dye because you might have wasted it. Once you make the red light boxes, you're supposed to set them in the bar yourself.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So on a non-builders note, I hadn’t ever really played many early DQs aside from 5 so I got 3,4, and 6 for my phone. I lost interest in 3 a bit after getting the boat (its great for what it is but its still a very old-school 8 bit rpg), so I tried 4.

I have to say I really love the idea of introducing the party members in their own little 2-5 hour adventures. Its such a great change from the usual RPG convention of meeting some random person, having a brief conversation, and them dropping their lives to become your bff party member forever.

Torneko's (Taloon's) chapter might break you of that. It depends on how long you're willing to play shopkeeper. When I originally played it on the NES, this was my favourite chapter, because no other game really let you be a shopkeeper. Now? There's a few dozen apps for that, and countless Steam shovelware games.

The shopkeeper gameplay in DQ4 is the barest of content handling, but there's only one reason to keep up with it - you can get a Cautery Sword (best weapon for his chapter) really early on, but you need 3,500 gold to afford it. You can either keep working for commissions, or hope you get a bunch of lucky drops from random monsters to sell equipment to make the money for it. I usually work, but I won't lie in saying that you could fall asleep doing it because it's such a braindead way of doing it.

Eh I just skipped the cautery sword. By the time it truly becomes relevant you can just buy one in Mintos. The biggest issue I had with chapter 3 is that they never hinted that steel broadswords and iron armor would be important later, that would have probably saved me a good 30 mins of grinding because I had sold a lot of them for cash by that point.

El Fantastico
    Oh, duh. I parsed what you said completely wrong, I thought you were asking where to find the dye because you might have wasted it. Once you make the red light boxes, you're supposed to set them in the bar yourself.
    That's what I figured, and yet light boxes are not a part of the gold bar blueprint. So I don't know if I'm blind, or if I'm wrong about it being a light box to dye, or what, and it seems so out of character for the game to have no quest character to ask to confirm what I should do.

That's what I figured, and yet light boxes are not a part of the gold bar blueprint. So I don't know if I'm blind, or if I'm wrong about it being a light box to dye, or what, and it seems so out of character for the game to have no quest character to ask to confirm what I should do.

Ugh, figured it out. The villagers put their blueprint supply chest floating in the air so they couldn't do anything.