As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mueller Investigation] Where there's smock, there's liar.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    I'm a fan of "Mayflower".

Because the world and especially America would be a whole lot different, if the Mayflower had never reached its shores?

Because the suspicious meeting took place at the Mayflower hotel.

The Mayflower Meeting... Mayflower Conspiracy?

The Mayflower treason and plot.

I see no reason why the Mayflower Treason should ever be forgot.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Because the world and especially America would be a whole lot different, if the Mayflower had never reached its shores?

Remember, remember, the 6th of November

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    You guys should absolutely feel free to borrow the bonfire thing to commemorate this btw

• Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure a private citizen like Sean can tell people to not talk to cops all day long.

We do it in this forum regularly. It’s practically a contractual obligation that someone posts the “don’t talk to the cops” YouTube link every time the topic comes up.

No, our forum doesn’t reach millions of people. No, none of us (that I know of..) are potentially about to be involved (if not indicted) in Mueller’s investigation. There are plenty of ways to nitpick how this isn’t a perfect 1:1 situation.

But at a base level, “don’t talk to the cops” might as well be our tag line here. For that alone this Hannity thing gets a big eye roll. For now.

If it’s actually potentially obstructiony, well, good thing he just did it on tv. It’ll make having a copy to play at the trial super easy to obtain.

We say don't talk to cops to mean don't do it without a lawyer.

He's saying don't do it at all, ever, especially if you know anything.

I actually mean don't talk to cops ever.

It's perfectly legal and it's a good thing it is legal. You're not obligated to talk to the cops, you're just not allowed to lie to them.

You raise some good points, but some high-profile media personalities disagree with you...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MKZ5bakQN48

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I’m pretty sure a private citizen like Sean can tell people to not talk to cops all day long.

We do it in this forum regularly. It’s practically a contractual obligation that someone posts the “don’t talk to the cops” YouTube link every time the topic comes up.

No, our forum doesn’t reach millions of people. No, none of us (that I know of..) are potentially about to be involved (if not indicted) in Mueller’s investigation. There are plenty of ways to nitpick how this isn’t a perfect 1:1 situation.

But at a base level, “don’t talk to the cops” might as well be our tag line here. For that alone this Hannity thing gets a big eye roll. For now.

If it’s actually potentially obstructiony, well, good thing he just did it on tv. It’ll make having a copy to play at the trial super easy to obtain.

It's perfectly legal and it's a good thing it is legal. You're not obligated to talk to the cops, you're just not allowed to lie to them.

You raise some good points, but some high-profile media personalities disagree with you...

LOL, there's always a tweet, and there's always a Hannity.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

NO.

No.

Instead of Guy Fawkes, it'd be Pepe masks.

No.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Feels bad.

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

For sure Hannity, and the right wing media in general, are incredibly hypocritical and hella racist. It's not even close to a surprise, though I'd wager that privately he wouldn't hold this stance in actual situations involving the police. I mean, he certainly never told the truth to the police about the sexual harassment at Fox News.

I personally believe that all races and creeds can unite over the shared recognition of the fact that you shouldn't talk to the cops ever. Call me idealistic or naive, but it is just what I believe.

(also lol Marc Lamont Hill looks hella young there. Did you guys hear about him getting fired from CNN over comments on Israel?)

• FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

NO.

No.

Instead of Guy Fawkes, it'd be Pepe masks.

No.

There would still be Guy Fawkes masks because of Anonymous and their love of V For Vendetta.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Okay enough

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Mueller's Flynn memo renews focus on Jared Kushner

Ian Walker is a freelance writer for Kotaku

It looks like Kushner won the Mueller lottery over Junior.

Harry Dresden on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Good morning. Just a reminder that we're in for a busy day today.

SDNY will be filing a sentencing memo on Michael Cohen
    The Special Counsel's office will be filing a sentencing memo on Michael Cohen
    The Special Counsel's office will be filing a memo on Manafort's lack of cooperation
    James Comey will be testifying before the House Judiciary and Oversight Committee
    And George Papadopoulos is being released from jail today. Yes, he went to jail. None of us really noticed.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

The Special Counsel's office will be filing a memo on Manafort's lack of cooperation
    James Comey will be testifying before the House Judiciary and Oversight Committee
    And George Papadopoulos is being released from jail today. Yes, he went to jail. None of us really noticed.

I thought Mueller's office was expected to file additional charges against Manafort for not cooperating after pleaing.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

I thought Mueller's office was expected to file additional charges against Manafort for not cooperating after pleaing.

Yes, which should explain how the SCO knows he lied, likely featuring more redaction mad libs fun and/or more funny and clearly obvious references to Trump.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    As funny as the Individual 1 stuff is, I do think it's proper form not to name people who are not direct persons of interest in a case for the prejudicial effect it can have.

When the descriptions are just to specific for be anyone else though, it can't be helped.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Mueller must be shaking his head in amusement at this revelation.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/trump-white-house-has-no-plan-counter-mueller-report/577417/
    But while most organizations, political or otherwise, might take the time to prepare for this kind of slow-moving train, the Trump White House is all but winging it. According to a half-dozen current and former White House officials, the administration has no plans in place for responding to the special counsel’s findings—save for expecting a Twitter spree.

The one thing they do know, Rudy Giuliani told me, is that they’re going to fight.

If Robert Mueller’s team tries to subpoena the president, “we’re ready to resist that,” Trump’s attorney said.

Giuliani said it’s been difficult in the past few months to even consider drafting response plans, or devote time to the “counter-report” he claimed they were working on this summer as he and Trump confronted Mueller’s written questions about the 2016 campaign.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    They can't draft a response ahead of time because Trumps lawyers know that he is either lying to them or not telling them the whole truth. So they know that there are things that they don't know. Crafting a response ahead of time would be pointless.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    They can't draft a response ahead of time because Trumps lawyers know that he is either lying to them or not telling them the whole truth. So they know that there are things that they don't know. Crafting a response ahead of time would be pointless.

Why bother with any sort of a response when you know that Trump will just tweet whatever the hell he feels like anyway.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

Why bother with any sort of a response when you know that Trump will just tweet whatever the hell he feels like anyway.

This.

9 times out of 10, Trump contradicts whatever lie they spin anyway.

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, he's just finished up another Twitter rant. This one was mostly throwing out names of random people involved in the investigation and accusing them of conflicts or corruption or other stuff. It's safe to say he's rattled.

Speaking of which he's having a larger than average meltdown this morning. He seems focused on Muellers report though, instead of what's actually happening today. So you know, more obvious consciousness of guilt at work.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, he's just finished up another Twitter rant. This one was mostly throwing out names of random people involved in the investigation and accusing them of conflicts or corruption or other stuff. It's safe to say he's rattled.

He’s gradually whittled his way down to the “anger” stage of Kübler-Ross, but we’ll never get to “acceptance”

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ok I genuinely laughed at the tweet storm this morning. All that ranting, followed by “China talks are going real well”

Like... he reminds me of an angry dad who just exploded in front of his family and then in the stink of the awkwardness is like “so Jenny, mom tells me dance recitals went well.”

616610-1.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    This will go fast today. citations will help.....

expectations tempered- Popcorn popped. "pre Mueller time: the saga begins" is just about to start....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    As funny as the Individual 1 stuff is, I do think it's proper form not to name people who are not direct persons of interest in a case for the prejudicial effect it can have.

When the descriptions are just to specific for be anyone else though, it can't be helped.

Everybody, including the guilty, deserve a proper defense.

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

He is, in fact, now tweeting that they do have a response and it is 80 some pages long.

Seems like the kind of thing his lawyer should know about.

steam_sig.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I assume Rudy and Trump almsot never even speak.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

He is, in fact, now tweeting that they do have a response and it is 80 some pages long.

80 pages long with 3 inch margins, 20-point font, and triple spaced.

• HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    It's probably just 80 blank pages, like his conflict-of-interest documents. After all, who would be crazy enough to call his bluff and read 80 pages? I mean, come on, it's 80 pages!

If it even actually exists I imagine the entire thing is nothing but a whataboutism collection of every conspiracy theory they could come up with.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

We've had instances in the past where documents supposedly existed:

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    .... do people have x-ray vision or something?

I see one blank page and a ream of ????

• Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular

Mueller's Flynn memo renews focus on Jared Kushner

Ian Walker is a freelance writer for Kotaku

It looks like Kushner won the Mueller lottery over Junior.

I'm not sure if Mueller is doing it this way on purpose, but it would make sense that you flip the non-blood relation first, then go for the weakest/least favorite family member (so...Eric?), then Don Jr., then Ivanka.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

It's a well considered assumption, based on the combined facts that a) the pages all look clean and uniform, and you'ld expect some pages to be different sizes, or colors, or folded, or crumpled, or discolored, so unless every single document was photocopied that day and put in the folders, something is off. And b), that not a single page was shown to the press.

Surely, there'd be some boilerplate thing, or a table of contents, or a front sheet of a fax that'd make it not look quite so obvious, but they couldn't even do that.

And it's not like Trump or his team ever earned the benefit of the doubt.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

It's a well considered assumption, based on the combined facts that a) the pages all look clean and uniform, and you'ld expect some pages to be different sizes, or colors, or folded, or crumpled, or discolored, so unless every single document was photocopied that day and put in the folders, something is off. And b), that not a single page was shown to the press.

Surely, there'd be some boilerplate thing, or a table of contents, or a front sheet of a fax that'd make it not look quite so obvious, but they couldn't even do that.

that's generally how we do all our reports

that said, I wouldn't be surprised

• monikermoniker Registered User regular

bqlxw13c49ty.gif

• monikermoniker Registered User regular

They were supposedly legal documents. Not always, but typically we have multiple tabs on larger filings. Plus nothing looks that clean after coming out of a laser printer, even the new one, or lines up that squarely after being stapled for hundred page documents.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

The picture above was from the phony press conference Trump held like a year ago to right?

They had dozens of folders that later seemed to just be for show, something about his business or regulations? I can’t remember the specific lie they were telling with that one.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

The picture above was from the phony press conference Trump held like a year ago to right?

They had dozens of folders that later seemed to just be for show, something about his business or regulations? I can’t remember the specific lie they were telling with that one.

right after he got in office.

they were supposedly outlining his separation from his business

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    It strikes me as potentially coincidence that after
    Marathon wrote: »

tax return if I recall

This discussion has been closed.