Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mueller Investigation] Where there's smock, there's liar.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Man, I dunno. The fact that we haven't done anything to the people who have openly admitted to arranging and attending the Trump tower meeting tells me that we're also not going to do anything once we find out that Trump knew about it.

Just because they haven’t been arrested yet, especially when the investigation isn’t finished, doesn’t mean they will face no consequences.

Doubly so as this week has very much included talk of consequences (or noteworthy lack thereof, not all examples made have to be negative, looking at you Flynn).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    I do feel like Mueller has preserved a high level of respectability, authority, and trust throughout this despite the constant FUD and attacks, and when he confirms things through these filings, it does concrete them as unassailable fact for many. Also it's going to be such an event when/if he ever gives a live press conference. Maintaining that professional silence for 2 years has been agonizing for us onlookers but BOY it will confer serious gravitas if he ever steps in front of a camera to address the nation.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
    ForarXaquinKetBraTicaldfjamNightslyrRchanenMrVyngaardBeyond NormalMoridin889A Kobold's KoboldGennenalyse RuebenkimemonikerMan in the MiststhatassemblyguyFencingsaxMild ConfusionjdarksunToxKristmas KthulhushrykeDevlin_DragonusLord_AsmodeusElvenshaeGnome-Interruptusoverride367Centipede DamascusElldrenJazzMatev
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie ATOMIKA! IT’S ME! IT’S DESKTOP HIPPIE!Registered User regular
    First Cohen filing has dropped. This is via a Twitter account that tweets filings in important US legal cases.

muhqxj.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Guys, like.

We need to cool our heels. There's not going to be some massive release. We're SEEING the massive releases. There's not going to be tapes of it all.

It's just not going to be a beautiful, perfectly wrapped package that makes everything clear and everyone in the country will agree. At the end of ALL of this, 40% +/- 5% of the country is still going to think Trump was wronged.

And I don't mean that as a negative doomsayer thing. Hopefully the arc of history curves against him, but we're not getting a monumental release today that seals the whole deal.

What is this I don't even.
    Phoenix-DNobeardAistanJusticeforPlutoToxCalicaOrcaStabbity Stylejimb213Elldren
  • JuggernutJuggernut South CurrrrlinaRegistered User regular
    Southpaw is the Law Dog

So, if I read the first one right he's still turbo fucked despite his cooperation

Good

Cohen is a chickenshit

AstaerethTicaldfjamBrodyYoutubeDesktop HippieSleepabotkinNightslyrNo-QuarterBurnagejmcdonaldThawmusDarkPrimusFoolOnTheHillfightinfilipinoJaysonFour38thDoeMartini_PhilosopherOghulkA Kobold's KoboldGennenalyse RuebenEmerlmaster999MvrckmonikerDark Raven XMan in the MiststhatassemblyguyFencingsaxRickRudejungleroomxSorceGiggles_FunsworthMild ConfusionjdarksunbrynhrtmnOut Of ContextDrovekKristmas KthulhushrykeCommander ZoomDevlin_DragonusLord_AsmodeusboogedybooStabbity StyleElvenshaelonelyahavaShadowfireMegaMekjimb213NiryaSkeithPolaritieElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    That sends a pretty ominous message to Trumpworld

I think the SCO may just be trolling now:

Spencer Ackerman reports for the Daily Beast

KetBra on
    ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
    HiroconUndead ScottsmanMorganVSleepAegisabotkinchrono_travellerNightslyrNo-QuarterAbsalonBurnageLabelThawmusAimEvigilantDarkPrimusDivideByZeroPLAFoolOnTheHillfightinfilipinoGONG-00Desktop HippieJaysonFourFawst38thDoeMartini_PhilosopherNobeardMoridin889KamarOghulkBullheadA Kobold's Koboldautono-wally, erotibot300Gennenalyse RuebenMvrckKayne Red RobemonikerMan in the MistsGimthatassemblyguyFencingsaxRickRudejungleroomxXaquinSorcenever dieMild ConfusionjdarksunCogLostNinjabrynhrtmnToxAl_watKristmas KthulhushrykeDrovekOrphaneTNTrooperCommander ZoomDoctorArchMetzger MeisterdjmitchellaCalicaDevlin_DragonusmiscellaneousinsanityjkylefultonLord_AsmodeusFlying Couchspool32OrcaboogedybooStabbity StyleElvenshaeRawkking Goodguyoverride367BandablelonelyahavaShadowfireMegaMekNiryaSkeithPolaritieGnome-InterruptusHefflingElldrentemplewulfKoopahTroopahVerminionJazzFallout2manemp123
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie ATOMIKA! IT’S ME! IT’S DESKTOP HIPPIE!Registered User regular
    The upshot seems to be that while Cohen cooperated, he didn't give up nearly enough to earn him a Flynn type pass. So prosecutors want him to do serious time.

muhqxj.jpg
    RchanenBlackDragon480ElvenshaeElldren
  • AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Four to six years in jail is real time. Nice.

ACsTqqK.jpg
    Desktop HippieYoutubeMrVyngaardabotkinNightslyrCommunistCowjmcdonaldLabeljoshofalltradesDuke 2.038thDoeMartini_PhilosopherBullheadA Kobold's KoboldGennenalyse RuebenmonikerMan in the MiststhatassemblyguyFencingsaxSorcenever dieMild ConfusionjdarksunToxKristmas KthulhushrykeLord_AsmodeusStabbity StyleElvenshaeoverride367Mr RayElldrenJazzemp123
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    The upshot seems to be that while Cohen cooperated, he didn't give up nearly enough to earn him a Flynn type pass. So prosecutors want him to do serious time.

Alternately, they're getting past the point where they're willing to give out the 5 star meals and people get to have Denny's instead.

Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
    Desktop HippieAstaerethRchanenNobeardGennenalyse RuebenEinzelthatassemblyguyBlackDragon480jdarksunToxCommander ZoomLord_AsmodeusStabbity StyleElvenshaeGnome-InterruptusElldrenFallout2man
  • HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    [deleted]

Hirocon on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Wait, so he's also in trouble because Trump didn't pay him as a member of Trump's team?

"The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Gaddez wrote: »

Alternately, they're getting past the point where they're willing to give out the 5 star meals and people get to have Denny's instead.

It's all object lessons to the next people up the chain. "This is what happens if you cooperate, like Papadopoulos. This is what happens if you don't, like Manafort. This is what happens if you cooperate but also dick us around a bunch and lie to us at first, like Cohen. Note how your window is closing, here."

Astaereth on
    ACsTqqK.jpg
    MuddBuddForarDesktop HippieGaddezabotkinNightslyrjmcdonaldRchanenMrVyngaarddavidsdurionsfightinfilipinoJaysonFourIncenjucarMartini_PhilosopherNobeardMoridin889BullheadA Kobold's KoboldGennenalyse RuebenEmerlmaster999monikerMan in the MiststhatassemblyguyFencingsaxGiggles_FunsworthBlackDragon480Mild ConfusionjdarksunToxTNTrooperCommander ZoomLord_AsmodeusTicaldfjamboogedybooKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaenever dielonelyahavaCentipede DamascusMegaMekjimb213Mr RayGnome-InterruptusTransporterElldrenKoopahTroopahJazzFallout2manemp123
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Wait, so he's also in trouble because Trump didn't pay him as a member of Trump's team?

One's expected salary typically comes out to a higher total than the maximum allowable donation to a political candidate.

Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
    CommunistCowMoridin889monikerFencingsaxGiggles_FunsworthToxElvenshaeGnome-InterruptusElldrenFallout2man
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

One's expected salary typically comes out to a higher total than the maximum allowable donation to a political candidate.

And it would presumably need to be claimed as a political donation, just trying to make sure I read that bit right.

"The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
    monikerElvenshaeFallout2man
    Manafort filing has dropped! Via the same court filing account on Twitter

muhqxj.jpg
    MorganVElvenshae
    Okay that's not the filing so much as a notice that the filing is coming and will need to be significantly redacted :P Dammit!

muhqxj.jpg
    CommunistCowLonghorn Prime
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I think the most amazing thing about manafort was how after all the chances he had to get in line and not be completely fucked he still thought he could sneak something by the man who had busted him multiple times.

Like, theres a point where you think he'd understand that he's really not that good at this.

Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
    Desktop HippieMoridin889Mr FuzzbuttA Kobold's KoboldGennenalyse RuebenKayne Red RobemonikerMan in the MiststhatassemblyguyFencingsaxMrVyngaardGiggles_FunsworthBlackDragon480Mild ConfusionjdarksunLostNinjaToxDrovekdiscriderLord_Asmodeusspool32SleepKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeDacMr RayGnome-InterruptusElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I think the most amazing thing about manafort was how after all the chances he had to get in line and not be completely fucked he still thought he could sneak something by the man who had busted him multiple times.

Like, theres a point where you think he'd understand that he's really not that good at this.

The confidence of a wealthy mediocre white guy.

I should be in bed. But I think I'm gonna stay up and see how this plays out for the next couple hours.

ronpaulitshappening.gif

Yeah, I know it's unlikely to be the downfall of the Presidency. But like @Forar said earlier, I'll enjoy the wins, and I'll savor the schadenfreude that this is going to make Trump upset, and is going to likely put fear into the hearts of those around him.

jmcdonaldDesktop HippieYoutubeA Kobold's KoboldGennenalyse RuebenmonikerForarshrykeSleepStabbity StyleElvenshaeMegaMekFallout2man
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular

It's not that he didn't give them enough, it's that he refused to be a witness. So they don't think he should be given the credit a cooperating witness should receive.

YoutubeDesktop HippiemonikerFencingsaxBlackDragon480jdarksunStabbity StyleElvenshaeGnome-InterruptusElldrenFallout2manemp123
  • wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    Okay that's not the filing so much as a notice that the filing is coming and will need to be significantly redacted :P Dammit!

UGGGGGHHHH. I feel so blue-balled.

RchanenDesktop Hippie
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    He’s making shit up.

AtomikaPreacherRedTideenlightenedbumFawstDarkPrimusjoshofalltradesTetraNitroCubaneA Kobold's Koboldchrono_travellerGennenalyse RuebenEmerlmaster999Duke 2.0monikerMan in the MistsKetBraVeaglethatassemblyguyFencingsaxCantideMarathonRickRudeSolarMrVyngaardSorceLabeljdarksunmcpJohnny ChopsockybrynhrtmnToxshrykeDrovekTNTrooperCommander ZoomDoctorArchButtersnever dieEmperorSethabotkinLord_AsmodeusTicaldfjamboogedybooSleeptynicStabbity StyleBurnageElvenshaelonelyahavaShadowfirefightinfilipinoMegaMekNiryaSkeithMr RayThawmusTransporterHefflingElldrenKoopahTroopahVerminionJazzFallout2manemp123
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'The President did nothing illegal ever, right?'

• AtomikaAtomika not a robot. does not eat bugs!Registered User regular
    The people in the DOJ were appointed or affirmed by himself, so

YoutubeElvenshaeElldrenFallout2man
    Oh yeah that’s one of the other things happening today. Comey is testifying to the Senate Oversight Committee or some such. He fought a legal battle to have the hearing in public, but was only able to win a guarantee that his testimony would be published a day later.

I’m guessing they weren’t able to pin anything on him so they’re trying to make him not answering certain questions look as bad as possible.

muhqxj.jpg
    CommunistCowBrodyFallout2man
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    Oh yeah that’s one of the other things happening today. Comey is testifying to the Senate Oversight Committee or some such. He fought a legal battle to have the hearing in public, but was only able to win a guarantee that his testimony would be published a day later.

I’m guessing they weren’t able to pin anything on him so they’re trying to make him not answering certain questions look as bad as possible.

Isn't this just the House trying to make one last stab at smearing Hillary?

The House Judiciary and Oversight Committee! I knew it was something like that.

And yes, as Undead Scottsman says, it’s basically one last ditch effort to prove the FBI were totally on Hillary’s side and pin ANYTHING on her :P

muhqxj.jpg
    Youtube
    In other news Individual-1 appears to be reading a different Cohen sentencing memo to the rest of us.

muhqxj.jpg
    AtomikaBrodychrono_travellerDark Raven XToxshrykeCommander ZoomFoolOnTheHillKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeoverride367MegaMekThawmusJazzFallout2manemp123
  • AtomikaAtomika not a robot. does not eat bugs!Registered User regular
    Watch Trump finally admit Clinton won the popular vote

HiroconBrodyTetraRayBullheadA Kobold's KoboldEmerlmaster999Duke 2.0Man in the MistsDesktop HippiethatassemblyguyFencingsaxNo-QuarterCantideMrVyngaardjdarksunToxshrykeTNTrooperLord_AsmodeusSleepKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeoverride367MegaMekNiryaThawmusHefflingElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
    edited December 2018
    Manafort sentencing memo seems to be dropping now.

*edit* and here it is! Manafort lied in multiple ways on multiple occasions, lied about contacts between Russia and the Trump campaign.

That link is the document in full, there follows several tweets quoting some juicy bits from an investigative reporter with USA Today.

Desktop Hippie on
    muhqxj.jpg
    BlackDragon480jdarksunshrykeTicaldfjamStabbity StyleElvenshaeoverride367fightinfilipinoThawmusHefflingElldrenJazzemp123
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Well, at least NBC News are maintaining the highest standards of journalistic integrity with regards getting this news to the public at large.

Fucking hell. Sometimes it feels they really want to prove the President's "enemy of the people" shit is right.

Hey, NBC. He's never going to like you. Stop being so needy.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot attribution. Twitter feed of a the NBC news network.

MorganV on
    Desktop HippieHiroconJragghenTetraNitroCubaneRhesus PositiveEmerlmaster999monikerMan in the MistsBloodsheedPhoenix-DFencingsaxIncenjucarCantidekimeSpoitForarCommunistCowjdarksunMild ConfusionToxshrykeCommander ZoomJaysonFourCalicaabotkinboogedybooSleepKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeMegaMekjimb213NiryaGnome-InterruptusElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
  • JuggernutJuggernut South CurrrrlinaRegistered User regular

So ole Manny said he didn't talk to anybody in the administration honest to gosh cross his heart hope to die except he was totally in contact with people in the administration including a "senior administration official"

NobeardDesktop HippiemonikerFencingsaxBlackDragon480jdarksunToxshrykeKristmas KthulhuElvenshaeGennenalyse RuebenGnome-InterruptusElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Well, at least NBC News are maintaining the highest standards of journalistic integrity with regards getting this news to the public at large.

Fucking hell. Sometimes it feels they really want to prove the President's "enemy of the people" shit is right.

I like how even Media Matters is just throwing their hands up in disgust.

MorganVDesktop HippieRchanenBullheadHiroconRMS OceanicA Kobold's KoboldAtomikaRhesus PositiveDarkPrimusEmerlmaster999BrodymonikerTubularLuggageAegisKetBrachrono_travellerMan in the MistsWACriminalDuke 2.0VeagleBloodsheedthatassemblyguyFencingsaxEtiowsaIncenjucarCantidekimeSorceBlackDragon480LabelDoodmannOneAngryPossumForarCommunistCowjdarksunCogMild ConfusionbrynhrtmnToxKraintOut Of ContextrndmheroLostNinjaMartini_PhilosopherMillFawstshrykeDrovekTNTrooperBroloCommander ZoomJaysonFourCalicaButtersjkylefultonDevlin_DragonusFoolOnTheHillDrezLord_AsmodeusabotkinGaddezspool32OrcaTicaldfjamboogedybooDronus86YoutubeSleeptynicAntoshkaKristmas KthulhuGiggles_FunsworthStabbity StyleBurnageElvenshaeGennenalyse RuebenBlameless ClericAbsoluteZeroZomrooverride367ShadowfireImthebOHGODBEESfightinfilipinoMegaMekjimb213NiryaPolaritieMr RayGnome-InterruptusThawmusHefflingElldrenKoopahTroopahVerminionJazzFallout2manemp123
    Heh. “Manafort told multiple discernible lies - these were not instances of mere memory lapses.”

That’s one hell of a conclusion.

muhqxj.jpg
    monikerBlackDragon480Martini_PhilosopherDrovekStabbity StyleElvenshaeoverride367KruiteMegaMekElldrenKoopahTroopahJazzFallout2manemp123
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    This is kind of unbelievable. Manafort could have cooperated or not, yet it seems he took a third option and half cooperated/half lied. Just, how can this be so stupid?

Also the word Manafort has lost meaning for me and is now just a collection of sounds.

Nobeard on
    I'm not saying we are going to have an autocratic dystopia, but things keep happening that look like they come from an autocratic dystopia.
    Gaddezoverride367Fallout2man
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    They love him so much.

Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    monikerYoutubeElvenshaeoverride367
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Out of everything they might glean from these filings, they decide the newsworthy headline is the Tweet that reads like Donny's talking to his imaginary friend? What the heck kind of priorities are these?

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    MorganVA Kobold's KoboldmonikerPhoenix-DFencingsaxjdarksunMartini_PhilosopherKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeoverride367fightinfilipinoMr RayGnome-InterruptusElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So manafort was coordinating with the admin and lying to mueller about it? That seems quite big.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Desktop HippiemonikerjmcdonaldjdarksunToxshrykespool32Kristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeSkeithElldrenJazzFallout2manemp123
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular

Out of everything they might glean from these filings, they decide the newsworthy headline is the Tweet that reads like Donny's talking to his imaginary friend? What the heck kind of priorities are these?

Have you checked the thread on that tweet.

It is nothing but people saying "What the fuck is wrong with you." Or "Delete your account."

Fucking hilarious.

shryke wrote: »
    The Democrats aren't crazy but they are still, you know, running the US and it's foreign policy. Which is in the "you don't have a global hegemony without bombing a few eggs" wheelhouse.
    MorganVRMS OceanicDesktop HippiePreacherBullheadBeyond NormalA Kobold's KoboldBrodyMan in the MiststhatassemblyguyQanamilFencingsaxIncenjucarBlackDragon480TetraNitroCubaneDoodmannForarCommunistCowjdarksunMild ConfusionbrynhrtmnToxMartini_PhilosophershrykeOrphaneTNTrooperJaysonFourdurandal4532CalicaDevlin_DragonusLord_AsmodeusDrezabotkinHeirFlying Couchspool32TicaldfjamboogedybooYoutubeSleepStabbity StyleElvenshaeAbsoluteZerooverride367ShadowfirefightinfilipinoMegaMekjimb213NiryaSkeithPolaritieMr RayGnome-InterruptusThawmusHefflingElldrenJazzFallout2manMatevemp123
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man that's a ratio 100 likes to 1k+ comments. Warms the cockles.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    AtomikaDesktop HippiethatassemblyguyA Kobold's KoboldBlackDragon480jdarksunToxMartini_PhilosophershrykeOrphaneYoutubeKristmas KthulhuStabbity StyleElvenshaeGennenalyse RuebenfightinfilipinoMegaMekjimb213NiryaSkeithGnome-InterruptusElldrenJazzFallout2man
This discussion has been closed.