Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Armada|PBP] Game 1: Rift Encounter - Round 5: Ship Phase

124»

• BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    I'm going to have Luke sit on the ISD nose (can I do that).

I'm going to use the Navigate to slow down. Movement one click on the first knuckle to the left.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 11
    @Betsuni

1) Yep - you can put Luke anywhere you want, so long as it's touching the ISD.

2) Roger that! Decreasing speed to 1. You can also do 2 clicks on the knuckle if you want to.

You get to shoot, too, before you move - here's a quick picture of your targets:

wju7nx8skawj.png

You can shoot Gamma Squadron or the ISD, but not both (same hull zone). Vs. Gamma, you're rolling a blue and a black; against the ISD, you've got your full port battery.

Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    The Defiance continues to pour coherent light into the approaching ISD, hoping to break through its freshly-reinforced bow shielding.
    Defiance elects to attack only from its port and starboard batteries; Ackbar is activated.
    Attack is at medium range, so all dice in its battery can be used: 3 red, 3 blue, +2 red for Ackbar.
    Impertinent has activated, so Defiance triggers; +1 blue.
    No other modifiers, so the final attack value is 5 red, 4 blue.

03kb6cymjtmj.png

Results are 6H, A, C.

Impertinent has 4 defense tokens available: Brace (1/2 damage, rounded up), Redirect x2 (take damage on an adjacent hull zone), and Contain (prevent a standard critical hit).

@Betsuni, do you want to spend the Accuracy result to prevent @Fuselage from spending a particular defense token?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    edited October 11
    I want to spend the Accuracy to prevent Brace.

Edit: What would 2 clicks look like versus 1 click?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    @Betsuni

One click:

wnkwnvn1j04k.png

Two clicks:

lrc9nvnfbjs2.png

@Fuselage

You cannot Brace on this attack; did you want to Redirect and / or Contain? (I'll assume, if I don't hear back, that you'd like to do both).

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Fuselage
    Thanks! I'll go with 2 clicks then.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Elvenshae
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    @Fuselage

Cool. Your RDR is up next; it’s got a Repair command and a concentrate fire token, and no targets in-range at the moment.

Speed 3 (0-1-1); where do you want it to go?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    The Defiance's fire is accurate and powerful, and the freshly-reinforced bow shields on the ISD Impertinent fall again, leaving the ship defended only by its reinforced armor. The Defiance slews hard to port, working to keep its guns on the approaching juggernaut.

4saofd2zsrds.gif

lntjy6n17wc4.png
    Impertinent exhausts a Redirect token to move 3 damage to its starboard side (Shields: 3->0), and takes the remaining 4 damage on the bow (Shields: 3->0; 1 hull damage). She exhausts her Contain token to prevent the standard critical effect.

RDR Insubordinant activates with a Repair command, but no damage or shield loss to mitigate. It can keep the command as a token (and lose the Concentrate Fire token) or it can discard the dial for no effect. It has no targets in-range. Here's maximum left movement:

lxnf1kzxu18o.png

... and maximum right movement:

3hoe52vqak5s.png

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    @Fuselage

Ping!

omgbfz5lzi1s.png