Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WoW] The war fronts moves on Stromgarde!

24567100

Posts

  • reVersereVerse Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just hit exalted with the Nightfallen unexpectedly. Hooray!

    ... but uh, the last two story quests for Suramar still aren't accessible? "A Growing Crises" and "A Change of Seasons." I looked it up and the info says those are locked behind rep gains.

    Try going back to Shal'aran and seeing if there's any new quests?
    I finally found some info; I have to complete a raid quest to kill Xavius.
    Edit - By the way, FUCK Blizzard for locking a story quest behind a raid like this. It'd be one thing if it was the conclusion but it is not.

    I was pretty sure they changed this when BfA launched, so I went and looked. And indeed.
    This quest has been changed with the Patch 8.0 Hotfix.

    Abandon the quest, pick it back up from Valewalker Farodin, and it will immediately get marked as complete. Turn in quest and continue on your merry way.

    reVerse on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    A shaman on normal could probably do it with like 2-3 other people no problem

  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just hit exalted with the Nightfallen unexpectedly. Hooray!

    ... but uh, the last two story quests for Suramar still aren't accessible? "A Growing Crises" and "A Change of Seasons." I looked it up and the info says those are locked behind rep gains.

    Try going back to Shal'aran and seeing if there's any new quests?
    I finally found some info; I have to complete a raid quest to kill Xavius.
    Edit - By the way, FUCK Blizzard for locking a story quest behind a raid like this. It'd be one thing if it was the conclusion but it is not.

    I was pretty sure they changed this when BfA launched, so I went and looked. And indeed.
    This quest has been changed with the Patch 8.0 Hotfix.

    Abandon the quest, pick it back up from Valewalker Farodin, and it will immediately get marked as complete. Turn in quest and continue on your merry way.
    I got this quest prior to BfA's launch but after 8.0 had already been applied. But I will give this a shot...

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    You might not be able to solo it but you could bring 3-4 friends in and smash the Normal version.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Whoa it worked? Okay then, I'll take it!
    Edit - BTW shout outs to Blizzard for finally making my server more than just a name or piece of lore information, and it's now an actual place.

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Man. It's really cool to see the Nightfallen get cured of their magic addiction. I guess now I have to find out why they sided with the Horde instead of the Alliance. I've been told it's because Tyrande called them mean names.
    Edit - Oh shit. Or I'll see the demons going on a slaughter-spree in Suramar City. D:

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Man. It's really cool to see the Nightfallen get cured of their magic addiction. I guess now I have to find out why they sided with the Horde instead of the Alliance. I've been told it's because Tyrande called them mean names.
    Edit - Oh shit. Or I'll see the demons going on a slaughter-spree in Suramar City. D:
    Basically after the war they decide they want to join the wider world now that the shield is down so they look for allies. On one side there's the Alliance, where Tyrande was a huge dick to them during the fighting and basically hates them because she's a self-hating elf. On the other side are the Blood Elves who are super nice to them, love arcane magic, and were all like "yeah that magic addiction sure is a bitch huh, come check out our swimming pool".

    soylenthcptrugged
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Typical Night Elven hatred of magic users basically.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
    Styrofoam SammichNobody3clipsesoylenthSkeithBobble
  • Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I like the change to require 320 minimum. Wanna know why? Because if people could go in and skip the gap of 285ish to 340, it would invalidate crafting skills and selling those things at all to other players.
    the problem is that one faction had 3 or 4 days of getting in whenever while the other has to grind to 320 first

    Arthil
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Man. It's really cool to see the Nightfallen get cured of their magic addiction. I guess now I have to find out why they sided with the Horde instead of the Alliance. I've been told it's because Tyrande called them mean names.
    Edit - Oh shit. Or I'll see the demons going on a slaughter-spree in Suramar City. D:
    Basically after the war they decide they want to join the wider world now that the shield is down so they look for allies. On one side there's the Alliance, where Tyrande was a huge dick to them during the fighting and basically hates them because she's a self-hating elf. On the other side are the Blood Elves who are super nice to them, love arcane magic, and were all like "yeah that magic addiction sure is a bitch huh, come check out our swimming pool".

    Though the Blood Elves are just as much, if not more about The Light now than anything else. Waaaay too many people don't know/forgot that their addiction to magic was cleansed when the Sunwell kind of became the Lightwell.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The Blood Elves definitely see the Nightborne as kindred spirits, and Liadrin has always leaned more towards diplomacy, post-Sunwell. She knows the Horde saved her race, and paid that sentiment forward to the Nightborne. Plus, Thalyssra explains that the Horde appeals to them since its an alliance that also allows them to keep their cultural freedom, whereas the Alliance is definitely geared more towards integration and homogeneity

    NobodyBrainleech
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Man. It's really cool to see the Nightfallen get cured of their magic addiction. I guess now I have to find out why they sided with the Horde instead of the Alliance. I've been told it's because Tyrande called them mean names.
    Edit - Oh shit. Or I'll see the demons going on a slaughter-spree in Suramar City. D:
    Basically after the war they decide they want to join the wider world now that the shield is down so they look for allies. On one side there's the Alliance, where Tyrande was a huge dick to them during the fighting and basically hates them because she's a self-hating elf. On the other side are the Blood Elves who are super nice to them, love arcane magic, and were all like "yeah that magic addiction sure is a bitch huh, come check out our swimming pool".

    Though the Blood Elves are just as much, if not more about The Light now than anything else. Waaaay too many people don't know/forgot that their addiction to magic was cleansed when the Sunwell kind of became the Lightwell.

    This is true, they're just more comfortable with an overwhelmingly magical society.

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The Blood Elves definitely see the Nightborne as kindred spirits, and Liadrin has always leaned more towards diplomacy, post-Sunwell. She knows the Horde saved her race, and paid that sentiment forward to the Nightborne. Plus, Thalyssra explains that the Horde appeals to them since its an alliance that also allows them to keep their cultural freedom, whereas the Alliance is definitely geared more towards integration and homogeneity

    well, now that one of the richest in personal culture and least integrated cities of the Alliance has been set on fire,

    3Unc6CD.jpg
    BahamutZEROSkeithSmrtnikBobbleShadowen
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The Blood Elves definitely see the Nightborne as kindred spirits, and Liadrin has always leaned more towards diplomacy, post-Sunwell. She knows the Horde saved her race, and paid that sentiment forward to the Nightborne. Plus, Thalyssra explains that the Horde appeals to them since its an alliance that also allows them to keep their cultural freedom, whereas the Alliance is definitely geared more towards integration and homogeneity

    FWIW, according to the current canon in the third Warcraft Chronicles book, it was the Alliance that assaulted Sunwell Plateau and drove back Kil'jaeden, and it was Velen that cleansed the Sunwell.

    I sometimes post pretty pictures to twitter: https://twitter.com/matthewandworld
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    What a shitshow of a warfront scenario. Griefers were afking and kicking people who were calling them out. And then I got a repeat item, for the first time. A little surprised it could even happen given that I hit every slot one at a time except cloak until now.

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    it's always been kind of oddly ambiguous how tied the blood elves feel to the horde - back in mists we had those Secret Talks where varian felt it was likely he could convince them to join the Alliance, but because we the viewer didn't see any details of that we just have to sort of shrug. and there wasn't really any focus on what the blood elves considered their identity in the horde with vol'jin's rebellion or the subsequent story, they just...were there. now the way things are written you'd think that the reason they're with the horde is they hate high elves and void elves, which, obviously it's more fucking complex than that and there would be a lot of aspects of being with the horde they would like, but it just doesn't get fuckin' shown.

    3Unc6CD.jpg
    BahamutZEROShadowhope3clipse
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Henroid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just hit exalted with the Nightfallen unexpectedly. Hooray!

    ... but uh, the last two story quests for Suramar still aren't accessible? "A Growing Crises" and "A Change of Seasons." I looked it up and the info says those are locked behind rep gains.

    Try going back to Shal'aran and seeing if there's any new quests?
    I finally found some info; I have to complete a raid quest to kill Xavius.
    Edit - By the way, FUCK Blizzard for locking a story quest behind a raid like this. It'd be one thing if it was the conclusion but it is not.

    You could LFR it at the time, wasnt a big deal.
    How much time does it take to run Emerald Nightmare? Like, ballpark estimates with BfA levels / gear in the equation?
    (I am asking because my job involves taking care of children and I need to know when I can actually set aside time to do this).

    They recently hotfixed some Suramar quests to no longer require Emerald Nightmare's raid, I'm sure I read it in a hotfixes post the other day.

    EDIT: I see this was already mentioned, woops.

    Dhalphir on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    The Blood Elves definitely see the Nightborne as kindred spirits, and Liadrin has always leaned more towards diplomacy, post-Sunwell. She knows the Horde saved her race, and paid that sentiment forward to the Nightborne. Plus, Thalyssra explains that the Horde appeals to them since its an alliance that also allows them to keep their cultural freedom, whereas the Alliance is definitely geared more towards integration and homogeneity

    FWIW, according to the current canon in the third Warcraft Chronicles book, it was the Alliance that assaulted Sunwell Plateau and drove back Kil'jaeden, and it was Velen that cleansed the Sunwell.

    I was more referring to the actual blood elf starting zones, where the horde sends the undead to rescue them.

  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    More on warfront item drops:

    I got every single slot one at a time, EXCEPT I got 340 boots to go along with my 370 boots from the quest, and then I got 340 gloves to go along with my 345 warforged gloves. I also just got a 340 mace to go along with my 340 staff.

    I think there might be some no dupes measure in effect here, but it's maybe not per slot.

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    DK is up to 363 equipped and feeling ludicrously strong in dungeons again.

    I think we're going to be back to BDK dominance by the third tier just like we were by Antorus in Legion.

  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    First m+15 has been completed.

    mistweaver, prot paladin, arms, affliction, and subtlety on Atal'dazar

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    PailryderDonnictonShadowhopejkylefulton3clipseSkeithArthilNyhtMazzyx
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I really feel they kept the same animations for the Nightborne the night elves had was kind of lame

    Really I am not fond how this is basically WoD all over again I fell for that problem then I learned my lesson

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    first +15 was finished last weekend actually, by crazy people
    e: yeah that's the group

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Styrofoam Sammich
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    First m+15 has been completed.

    mistweaver, prot paladin, arms, affliction, and subtlety on Atal'dazar

    I was told that Sub rogues and affliction are horrible to not go that way

    It sucks that everyone I ran with for years quit the game so when I default to I need help doing this I know now they are not there....

  • Kevin CristKevin Crist Please don't go, I'll eat you whole I love you so, I love you so I love you soRegistered User regular
    Finished up Stormsong & Dance. Final "boss" of the Naga questline seemed weak. Did no damage to me while I just stood on the bridge smacking it with my swords and clicking the cannon a few times.

    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    lol "grind to 320" as if it doesn't take a couple heroics and a night or two of WQs

    Blizzard should have gated Warfronts by item level to begin with, because it turning into the hot place to gear your brand new 120s just encourages AFKing and other degenerate behavior, like a full half of your group putzing around the iron mine. Probably not the experience they intended.

    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    Kamar
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    So trying to see how I can get in some mythics this week before I'm potentially out of power. Also to work out thing so I see some without having to try pugging in group finder.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    First m+15 has been completed.

    mistweaver, prot paladin, arms, affliction, and subtlety on Atal'dazar

    I was told that Sub rogues and affliction are horrible to not go that way

    It sucks that everyone I ran with for years quit the game so when I default to I need help doing this I know now they are not there....

    well whoever told you that is wrong because sub and affliction are some of the top specs right now

    BahamutZERO.gif
    JepheryjkylefultonSkeithSmrtnikmilk ducks
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Kasyn wrote: »
    lol "grind to 320" as if it doesn't take a couple heroics and a night or two of WQs

    Blizzard should have gated Warfronts by item level to begin with, because it turning into the hot place to gear your brand new 120s just encourages AFKing and other degenerate behavior, like a full half of your group putzing around the iron mine. Probably not the experience they intended.

    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    The dumbness is not that it takes a ton of time to grind to 320.

    The dumbness is that if you don't hit 120 then hit 320 fast enough, you have to wait 3 weeks to do it. Which is dumb in and of itself even without the ilvl 320 requirement, but at least level 120 isn't gated behind any time- or RNG-dependent nonsense other than your own playtime.

    In comparison, you can get and complete the do 4 mythic dungeon quest as soon as you hit 120 and get your heroic Uldir piece, which sorta defeats the argument that nobody should be able to get 340 gear that easily. (Plus, they could've just ... you know, not had 340 gear drop like candy from the warfront.)

    Remember also that the warfronts were one of the big selling features of BFA, just like the Allied races were. The argument that it's not that hard to hit 320 is about as palatable as the argument that it's not that hard to grind Lightforged reputation.

    Arguing that this particular gate isn't too onerous doesn't really address the fact that there are a lot of really fucking random gates in BFA and they're implemented in an inconsistent baffling manner.

    hippofant on
    brynhrtmn
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    I continue to be baffled at people posting stuff like this because it feels about the same as Legion did at launch to me, it's like we're playing different games

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Styrofoam SammichSmrtnik
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    I continue to be baffled at people posting stuff like this because it feels about the same as Legion did at launch to me, it's like we're playing different games

    I think the expansion as a whole is pretty much as good as legion was at the start. However, what does seem to be different is that every week we seem to be hearing about bugs or unintended consequences of game systems interacting with one another that combine to make the whole thing feel a little weird

    SmrtnikOricalm
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »
    lol "grind to 320" as if it doesn't take a couple heroics and a night or two of WQs

    Blizzard should have gated Warfronts by item level to begin with, because it turning into the hot place to gear your brand new 120s just encourages AFKing and other degenerate behavior, like a full half of your group putzing around the iron mine. Probably not the experience they intended.

    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    The dumbness is not that it takes a ton of time to grind to 320.

    The dumbness is that if you don't hit 120 then hit 320 fast enough, you have to wait 3 weeks to do it. Which is dumb in and of itself even without the ilvl 320 requirement, but at least level 120 isn't gated behind any time- or RNG-dependent nonsense other than your own playtime.

    In comparison, you can get and complete the do 4 mythic dungeon quest as soon as you hit 120 and get your heroic Uldir piece, which sorta defeats the argument that nobody should be able to get 340 gear that easily. (Plus, they could've just ... you know, not had 340 gear drop like candy from the warfront.)

    Remember also that the warfronts were one of the big selling features of BFA, just like the Allied races were. The argument that it's not that hard to hit 320 is about as palatable as the argument that it's not that hard to grind Lightforged reputation.

    Arguing that this particular gate isn't too onerous doesn't really address the fact that there are a lot of really fucking random gates in BFA and they're implemented in an inconsistent baffling manner.

    In my post, I actually expressed a tangible reason why it might be a negative for Warfronts to be accessible to fresh 120s. I really do think it would appreciably harm the quality of the groups if the mode became known as the great spot to outgrow your uncommon gear. That's the crux of my point there, not the supporting fact that 320 isn't a particularly onerous threshold.

    This is all not to say that Blizzard hasn't had some really crazy communication issues during this expansion, and that the mode couldn't also do with a lot of additional changes to the mode itself and all the crap surrounding it. (And I agree with your point about the gates being so silly, I just think that here it's not that this particular gate is dumb, it's that they shit themselves by even letting it happen in the first place and having to then take it away afterwards.)

    Kasyn on
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    First m+15 has been completed.

    mistweaver, prot paladin, arms, affliction, and subtlety on Atal'dazar

    I was told that Sub rogues and affliction are horrible to not go that way

    It sucks that everyone I ran with for years quit the game so when I default to I need help doing this I know now they are not there....

    well whoever told you that is wrong because sub and affliction are some of the top specs right now

    It was the fact I took Drain soul over Death bolt or Creeping death over Phantom as I was trying out different rotations and getting a feel for it in the pre event that person and several others said I was wrong

  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The past 48 hours of ‘I don’t have to run dungeons anymore? What the fuck Blizzard!’ To ‘I have to run dungeons now? ‘What the fuck Blizzard!’ Has been one of the most staggering player reactions I’ve seen in a long time.

    NobodyTynnan3clipsehtmSkeithThe Cow KingSmrtnikStyrofoam SammichSorcha Ravenlock
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Kasyn wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »
    lol "grind to 320" as if it doesn't take a couple heroics and a night or two of WQs

    Blizzard should have gated Warfronts by item level to begin with, because it turning into the hot place to gear your brand new 120s just encourages AFKing and other degenerate behavior, like a full half of your group putzing around the iron mine. Probably not the experience they intended.

    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    The dumbness is not that it takes a ton of time to grind to 320.

    The dumbness is that if you don't hit 120 then hit 320 fast enough, you have to wait 3 weeks to do it. Which is dumb in and of itself even without the ilvl 320 requirement, but at least level 120 isn't gated behind any time- or RNG-dependent nonsense other than your own playtime.

    In comparison, you can get and complete the do 4 mythic dungeon quest as soon as you hit 120 and get your heroic Uldir piece, which sorta defeats the argument that nobody should be able to get 340 gear that easily. (Plus, they could've just ... you know, not had 340 gear drop like candy from the warfront.)

    Remember also that the warfronts were one of the big selling features of BFA, just like the Allied races were. The argument that it's not that hard to hit 320 is about as palatable as the argument that it's not that hard to grind Lightforged reputation.

    Arguing that this particular gate isn't too onerous doesn't really address the fact that there are a lot of really fucking random gates in BFA and they're implemented in an inconsistent baffling manner.

    In my post, I actually expressed a tangible reason why it might be a negative for Warfronts to be accessible to fresh 120s. I really do think it would appreciably harm the quality of the groups if the mode became known as the great spot to outgrow your uncommon gear. That's the crux of my point there, not the supporting fact that 320 isn't a particularly onerous threshold.

    This is all not to say that Blizzard hasn't had some really crazy communication issues during this expansion, and that the mode couldn't also do with a lot of additional changes to the mode itself and all the crap surrounding it. (And I agree with your point about the gates being so silly, I just think that here it's not that this particular gate is dumb, it's that they shit themselves by even letting it happen in the first place and having to then take it away afterwards.)

    I can attest that people are still doing that shit now in warfronts. Like... there is absolutely no correlation between ilvl and players being silly geese, and there've been extensive anecdotal histories in WoW confirming that.

    I have absolutely no idea why you'd think somehow players that are 120 but sub 320 ilvl are going to be sillier geese than players that are 120 but above 320 ilvl, especially since the other part of your argument is that it's super-easy to get to ilvl 320 anyways, so the two demographics are basically the same people.

    hippofant on
    Evermourn
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    How could anyone really live in Dazar'alor. Dat cardio...

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Blizzcon will have the MDI all stars, so that's at least one WoW related thing that'll take up some screen time. I'm excited for that. Hopefully Kjell's angels can send method home crying again.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Thorban
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »
    lol "grind to 320" as if it doesn't take a couple heroics and a night or two of WQs

    Blizzard should have gated Warfronts by item level to begin with, because it turning into the hot place to gear your brand new 120s just encourages AFKing and other degenerate behavior, like a full half of your group putzing around the iron mine. Probably not the experience they intended.

    Still, Blizzard has managed to step onto *all* of the rakes this expansion. I think I'm comfortable in declaring this the shoddiest start to one possibly ever.

    The dumbness is not that it takes a ton of time to grind to 320.

    The dumbness is that if you don't hit 120 then hit 320 fast enough, you have to wait 3 weeks to do it. Which is dumb in and of itself even without the ilvl 320 requirement, but at least level 120 isn't gated behind any time- or RNG-dependent nonsense other than your own playtime.

    In comparison, you can get and complete the do 4 mythic dungeon quest as soon as you hit 120 and get your heroic Uldir piece, which sorta defeats the argument that nobody should be able to get 340 gear that easily. (Plus, they could've just ... you know, not had 340 gear drop like candy from the warfront.)

    Remember also that the warfronts were one of the big selling features of BFA, just like the Allied races were. The argument that it's not that hard to hit 320 is about as palatable as the argument that it's not that hard to grind Lightforged reputation.

    Arguing that this particular gate isn't too onerous doesn't really address the fact that there are a lot of really fucking random gates in BFA and they're implemented in an inconsistent baffling manner.

    In my post, I actually expressed a tangible reason why it might be a negative for Warfronts to be accessible to fresh 120s. I really do think it would appreciably harm the quality of the groups if the mode became known as the great spot to outgrow your uncommon gear. That's the crux of my point there, not the supporting fact that 320 isn't a particularly onerous threshold.

    This is all not to say that Blizzard hasn't had some really crazy communication issues during this expansion, and that the mode couldn't also do with a lot of additional changes to the mode itself and all the crap surrounding it. (And I agree with your point about the gates being so silly, I just think that here it's not that this particular gate is dumb, it's that they shit themselves by even letting it happen in the first place and having to then take it away afterwards.)

    I can attest that people are still doing that shit now in warfronts. Like... there is absolutely no correlation between ilvl and players being silly geese, and there've been extensive anecdotal histories in WoW confirming that.

    I have absolutely no idea why you'd think somehow players that are 120 but sub 320 ilvl are going to be sillier geese than players that are 120 but above 320 ilvl, especially since the other part of your argument is that it's super-easy to get to ilvl 320 anyways, so the two demographics are basically the same people.

    You're never going to totally all remove low-effort, low-impact players in group modes, but you're heavily incentivizing them to join your new mode by making it by far the most efficient route to gear up.
    The mode isn't too great at incentivizing the best kind of gameplay, either, since for high ilvl players the direct incentive is you can make your trip there significantly faster, but it's still a benefit to make sure that it doesn't stand out as the premiere destination for people with the shittiest gear possible to flock to for free rewards. If you can't see a relationship between incentive and player behavior I truly don't know what to do for you.
    It's not like this is the final fix to all the issues with Warfronts, it's a sloppy correction to something that seems to have been unintended, and is probably just a piece of the eventual things they'll have to do to make the mode what it actually could and should be.

    Kasyn on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Man. It's really cool to see the Nightfallen get cured of their magic addiction. I guess now I have to find out why they sided with the Horde instead of the Alliance. I've been told it's because Tyrande called them mean names.
    Edit - Oh shit. Or I'll see the demons going on a slaughter-spree in Suramar City. D:
    Basically after the war they decide they want to join the wider world now that the shield is down so they look for allies. On one side there's the Alliance, where Tyrande was a huge dick to them during the fighting and basically hates them because she's a self-hating elf. On the other side are the Blood Elves who are super nice to them, love arcane magic, and were all like "yeah that magic addiction sure is a bitch huh, come check out our swimming pool".

    Though the Blood Elves are just as much, if not more about The Light now than anything else. Waaaay too many people don't know/forgot that their addiction to magic was cleansed when the Sunwell kind of became the Lightwell.

    Honestly, I MUCH preferred the blood elves when they were magic addicts who put out a very public and pious paladin regiment while failing to mention they were tapping a naaru they had chained in the basement to power their spells. Like, that's fun.

    Styrofoam SammichPailryderTynnanSmrtnikShadowhopeBobble
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I'm not getting this war campaign, sometimes.

    "Gallywix is SO BAD. He's so GREEDY. Look at how he crushes those under him under the wheels of his own avarice. Come, hero! Let's give these upstart rich snobs a thumping!"

    *proceeds to be given a quest that completing involves killing caddies, bellboys, and waitresses that loudly complain about how their life sucks before you snuff them out*

    O .. kay.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
This discussion has been closed.