As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The only thing wrong with fish and fried lotus and perilla leaf on bread is that there's no sauce

That's a dry-ass sandwich

Oh and also that like 90% of popular fish is inherently unsustainable and arguably an environmentally irresponsible food to consume

Sandwich:1
    Hot Dog:0

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    jgeis wrote: »
    The only thing wrong with fish and fried lotus and perilla leaf on bread is that there's no sauce

Oh and also that like 90% of popular fish is inherently unsustainable and arguably an environmentally irresponsible food to consume

What's the least popular fish that is also the least sustainable? Wanna meet that unlovable fish.

fiptyfzec2yx.png

http://www.untamedscience.com/biodiversity/blobfish/

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    gl86wevf26ha.jpg

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Someone, I lost track of who and I'm sorry, was going to go to a Midwest State Fair and eat ridiculous nonsense and report back. I need to know if this happened.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Someone, I lost track of who and I'm sorry, was going to go to a Midwest State Fair and eat ridiculous nonsense and report back. I need to know if this happened.

I fear the lack of updates is all the update we will be getting.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    this conversation has been happening the same way since the industrial revolution, guys.

Yes, and lives have been cast aside in the name of profits since then, and it's not ok and capitalism is unethical and needs to be dismantled

Workers need to be allowed to, and encouraged to join labor unions to protect themselves in the interim
    this conversation has been happening the same way since the industrial revolution, guys.

Yes, and lives have been cast aside in the name of profits since then, and it's not ok and capitalism is unethical and needs to be dismantled

Workers need to be allowed to, and encouraged to join labor unions to protect themselves in the interim

That is all true and has nothing to do with Little Cesar’s installing automated warming ovens.

No job lasts for ever, and we shouldn’t pretend as if maintaining a job that is no longer necessary is a desirable, sustainable, or ethical solution to the problem of “menial labor is being replaced by automation”.

you think it's unethical not to use automated kiosks? can you elaborate, please?

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »

That is all true and has nothing to do with Little Cesar’s installing automated warming ovens.

No job lasts for ever, and we shouldn’t pretend as if maintaining a job that is no longer necessary is a desirable, sustainable, or ethical solution to the problem of “menial labor is being replaced by automation”.

you think it's unethical not to use automated kiosks? can you elaborate, please?

That feels like a maximum bad faith reading. "Not an ethical solution" doesn't translate to "it is unethical to do it", it means "you do not have the ethical high ground for doing it." Denying the positive isn't affirming the negative.

(disclaimer that I am not sarukun)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    the cheat wrote: »

That feels like a maximum bad faith reading. "Not an ethical solution" doesn't translate to "it is unethical to do it", it means "you do not have the ethical high ground for doing it." Denying the positive isn't affirming the negative.

(disclaimer that I am not sarukun)

no, I legitimately do not understand what he's trying to say.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My read is it is unethical to proceed down the route of modernization and automation without a plan in place to deal with the now displaced workers beyond "Bootstraps!".

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I mean we have a plan, just not in place.

UBI seems to work very well in places it's put in. It changes how people treat work and how they treat labor and seems to work VERY well to address the race to the bottom cog-like nature of modern capitalism and shareholder/corporation stuff.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular

Maybe add some mayonaise. Maybe fancy it up a bit. I know, add some gelatin.

v173uauoiqcm.jpg

afbjgc0a72mw.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    THAT'S MY SHIT

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I know it's to do with how these colour cards age but the fact that it's ever so slightly green really makes it

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    My mother informs me that at the time, "salad dressing" probably meant Miracle Whip.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

What's the least popular fish that is also the least sustainable? Wanna meet that unlovable fish.

The state of Florida kindly requests that everyone eat more lion fish. Pretty please? With your favorite sauce if you wish.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    why would you add gelatin to perfectly decent shrimp or tuna salad!?

damn you 1970s!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    why would you add gelatin to perfectly decent shrimp or tuna salad!?

damn you 1970s!

Why would you add shrimp or tuna salad to a perfectly decent non flavored gelatin mold?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    You know i really don't want to defend this...but at least its using Knox. Knox doesnt really have a flavor, so all your doing is enclosing ingredients in gelatinated water.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    You know i really don't want to defend this...but at least its using Knox. Knox doesnt really have a flavor, so all your doing is enclosing ingredients in gelatinated water.

That's a hell of a selling point:

Knox - Because at least it doesn't actively taste bad

• Options
    Well the purpose of Knox is so that you can make jello with fruit juice if you are allergic to the artifically flavored stuff that jello uses. I know this cause i was allergic to it as a kid, and my mom would use Knox. even with juice it didnt have a strong flavor. without it it had none.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    In one of my insane culinary experiments, I made a Knox/Mayonnaise loaf so I could just slice off pieces of mayo to put on sandwiches. Once you got past the texture it was pretty decent.

• Options
    At that point you should just cook it down further to get the mayo equivalent of kraft cheese slices.

• Options
    But then it would be cheese like and not mayo like.

I still want to try the piece de resistance of gelatin based foods.

8mfzubmz5gtb.jpg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That is an intimidatingly large bowl of mayonnaise.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    That is an intimidatingly large bowl of mayonnaise.

Well the upper class is allowed to double dip.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    @lost salient i am gonna need you to make that aspic fish tank abomination, sandra

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My colleagues are threatening to make a giant cheese chrysalis on our next lab retreat.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Just learned there's a Fried Chicken Festival in New Orleans this weekend. Kind of tempted to go, but I'm more tempted to sit around the house.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Went to order dominos online. Was having an issue and it kept popping up with an error saying something went wrong and to try again. So I did. A bunch. Still not working. After a bit of this, my wife (whose phone number is attached to the account) gets a call, ignores it because she doesn't recognize it, and gets two more calls. She answers on the third.

Apparently the orders did go through.
    "Ma'am. 25 receipts have printed for your order. Please stop hitting submit."

Oops.

Glad we were using a gift card or that would have been a lot of pizza charges.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    well i guess i'm going to the burger festival today

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you fool

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    because there are just going to be a bunch of full sized burgers, and a group of us is going, i'm also taking a knife so that we can divide up burgers and have as wide a spread of different ones before getting full

because if i really push myself, I can eat at most 2.5 full burgers

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    When I was a college freshman I was able to consume 3.5 McDonald's double quarter pounders before tapping out.

Now, at 29, a single double quarter pounder is a lot of food.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I can still effectively unhinge my jaw and eat about as much fast food as I care to buy, but the idea of eating an entire burger at an actual sit-down place is utter madness.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Well yeah

You order delivery and eat that burger at home so you can immediately lie down and watch bad TV

That's the true way to Burg

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Dr's orders, due to a recent diagnosis of Hydrops (aka fluid in inner ear) I get to go on a low sodium diet. I've been examining all the food that I love to eat. Do you know what has tons of sodium in it?

Everything.

It's not that bad, there's a good amount of stuff that has low sodium, and I'm sure any of you who have had to go low sodium for one reason or another have found a quite decent balance but holy crap, I could consume 5 times the FDA recommended amount in one day easily and not blink. More than anything it's been a massive shift in my thinking over the past few days.

More than anything that means that delicious bad food has to be prepared by me and not purchased.

• Options
    Because it's in paramatta there's a limit on bag size, and no outside drinks not even water so i left the knife in the car and am just getting plastic cuttlery

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I ate in Burgerking the other day. It was actually nice. It was quiet.
    I took my time and just enjoyed it. Im thinking thats the way to do it from now on.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.