As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Here's our carry out breakfast order this morning. I just liked the abbreviations and questionnable geography:
    oar8bbpoqjsy.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what a "MeatPen" is, but it sounds delicious.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    In the 60's, NASA spent millions of dollars to develop a MeatPen. The Russians just wrote with a ham.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I have a horrible vision (so, perfect for this thread) of a "pen" (more of a syringe, really) that extrudes meat glue, for topical application.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Meat pen sounds like something Dolores Umbridge would use for detention

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Uriel wrote: »
    About the only types of music I don't really have any touchstone in these days is like... Jazz? I don't know anything about jazz at all.

If you know anything about Rock and Roll, you may be surprised to learn that you already know some things about Jazz.

sarukun on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I didn't put much of any effort into my trumpet playing in school, but if I'd taken the time to learn my jazz scales I'd probably still being playing today.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I didn't put much of any effort into my trumpet playing in school, but if I'd taken the time to learn my jazz scales I'd probably still being playing might be a tiny bit musically literate today.

Fixed it to make it relevant to my life.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I was auxiliary percussion, mostly because I was a strapping enough farm boy to carry the big bass drum. There was one entire number where I did nothing but hold the cymbals out at full stretch so the snare drummers on either side of me could play them as we marched.

If I'd stuck with that, I imagine I could be working for a moving company now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Is this the venue for stories of kitchen disasters?

Because I just found myself in a small one. See, I'm cooking dinner, and I'm preparing some water to cook mashed potatoes. But in the interest of stovetop space, I chose a burner that I haven't used in quite some time. See, I have electric burners rather than gas ones, which becomes a problem if you leave one unused and uncleaned long enough that dust or other gunk gets all up in the thing. When the burner heated up sufficiently, the damn thing caught fire, leaving me in the unenviable position of trying to put it out. I eventually killed it with a combination of a damp washcloth and a pot lid, to smother its oxygen. I haven't had a kitchen disaster like that in a long time; my fire alarm's been in the business of false alarms for years before this.

So that's the story of how I caused a fire trying to boil water.

Enlong on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Leftover chicken tikka masala is somehow spicier.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I find it odd that Almond Chicken tastes horrible when it gets cold

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I like to make a beef and potato curry, and yeah it always tastes better after it's been sitting in the fridge for 24 hours and reheated.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Walmart has a limited edition breakfast pizza, scrambled egg, sausage, bacon, cheeses, etc. It's pretty good.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Brainleech wrote: »

I find it odd that Almond Chicken tastes horrible when it gets cold

Thats the cyanide in the almonds

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Walmart has a limited edition breakfast pizza, scrambled egg, sausage, bacon, cheeses, etc. It's pretty good.

Living in the country, we used to get regular deliveries of frozen food from the Schwan's truck. They had a personal pan breakfast pizza that was the absolute bomb. Scrambled eggs, cheese, and sausage with country gravy as a sauce, with a nice kind of biscuity crust.

I've managed to more or less recreate it using Bisquick as a base, but I haven't had one in a while. I won't be home on Christmas day, so maybe that's what I'll have for Christmas breakfast.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    QT gas stations have pretty good breakfast pizza.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I bought a fairly spicy ramen noodle bowl, and dropped an egg in it

Sadly, I didn't buy the right brand to summon a demon

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

I feel compelled to link this now.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    QT gas stations have pretty good breakfast pizza.

There's a 7/11 near me that has a Freestyle Coke machine for Big Gulps so I'm in there a lot

and while I've always been pretty ok with 7/11 pizza, they have a breakfast skillet pizza with scramble eggs and sausage and peppers and what tastes like a little hint of maple syrup and when it's fresh it's REALLY good, especially at $3 for 2 slices.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I feel compelled to link this now.

This is wonderful.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Complete with "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" styled end title. Wow.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tonight is my birthday so I'm gonna eat a bunch of pizza and drink a bunch of beer and play a bunch of smash bros

it's gonna be rad

where should I order from, I'm leaning towards Pagliacci right now

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Shorty wrote: »
    tonight is my birthday so I'm gonna eat a bunch of pizza and drink a bunch of beer and play a bunch of smash bros

it's gonna be rad

Don't order from them! The pizza is the worst. Just absolute shit.

Source: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40459636/#Comment_40459636

MichaelLC on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    No it's real good!

That's a good joke though

Everybody laugh

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I ate a marshmallow that was dipped in the chocolate fountain at a (good) Chinese buffet tonight. If this is my last post know that I loved you all and

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

it's gonna be rad

Happy Birthday!

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    I am really bummed out by the end of the sweet potato fries trend. My local cafe just removed them from the menu and replaced them with onion rings.

On the other hand, they made some killer onion rings, so I'm not completely devastated by this development.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I ate a marshmallow that was dipped in the chocolate fountain at a (good) Chinese buffet tonight. If this is my last post know that I loved you all and

Damned classy of the Chinese buffet to hit the "Post Reply" button for you.
    Hope they took themselves a nice tip.

I got Pagliacci and it was good now I'm full of pizza and beer

good birthday

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I hope you got sausage on your pizza, because the biggest thing I remember about Pagliacci is their sausage is great.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    and the pizza responds "but doctor, I am Pagliacci's"

BahamutZERO.gif
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I hope you got sausage on your pizza, because the biggest thing I remember about Pagliacci is their sausage is great.

what is sold as "Italian sausage" in the US is inedible to me

I can't eat fennel

I don't think the Pagliacci's sausage has fennel in it. I think it's mostly rosemary, basil and anise.

anise is another thing I can't eat

anise, fennel, and caraway all make me barf, it sucks

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I had anise salami, once

it wasn't half bad!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    i've slowly grown to like anise

i still absolutely loath licorice and absinthe, and anything where it's really strong

but a small amount is nice, now

Lalabox on
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i like absinthe because it gets you drunk and sausage because it makes you fat. but i despise black licorice.

i can't quite parse out what that form is doing wrong enough to irk me so.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I hate anise but I love black licorice, so I have no idea what's even going on there

I like anise and black licorice but I hate baseball cards.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I like pretty much everything except cilantro.

This discussion has been closed.