As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Captain Marvel [chat]

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I just checked my last guest in she was a very attractive female wearing a very lowcut shirt and a very strappy bra and man that was really attention drawing.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Well, this is a weird as fuck situation. I have an older courtesy clerk from Dublin. He is real big on how the youth have no work ethic and how only he does the job properly (specifically the more physical aspects of the job, like pushing carts). He’s also dating one of my checkers who usually closes. So every night she closes he’s here for like an hour before close, hanging out and waiting to pick her up. Lately he’s started going out and doing carts while waiting. I’ve told him you’re off the clock, please stop working. And he’s like listen lad these little shites don’t know how to work, I can’t stand seeing it done improperly. And I’m like... man if you twist your ankle or get hit by a cart or whatever, you realize you’re on your own? They won’t cover you.

His new thing is no lad I’m not pushing carts, I just like to pick my shopping cart and I’m very particular so I’m going through all of them...

And I’ve told him pls stop...

I don’t want to like, rat him out and get him in trouble. I’ve told him to stop in front of witnesses and I just don’t go in the lot late at night so I can deny knowing he’s doing it, tho I know he still is

Tav why are the Irish so weird gdi

@Organichu Working off the clock doesn't just put him at risk, it puts the company at risk too. All he has to do is say someone expected him to do that work unpaid, and there's a fun lawsuit.

nibXTE7.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I just checked my last guest in she was a very attractive female wearing a very lowcut shirt and a very strappy bra and man that was really attention drawing.

She's clearly a government assassin who will be framed by rivals and going to go on a Jason Bourne adventure. In the movie adaption she will be played by Alicia Vikander.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Dude has Oirish Compulsive Disorder.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Matt do you think I should just nip this all in the bud and execute him in the public square

I just spent an hour obsessively counting all our carts- trailing behind late night customers and putting numbered post-it notes in non obvious places where they wouldn’t be removed so nothing would be double counted

201 regular carts
    39 mini (“express”) carts
    5 car carts where the kid is sitting in a big dumb plastic car
    3 kid carts that have a screen inside playing cartoons
    2 baby carts with plastic molded upper seats built in, in case you don’t have a baby seat
    6 electric carts for the disabled
    3 manual wheelchairs with a basket for shopping
    46 damaged carts in the back trucking area waiting to be repaired or destroyed

Phew

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Me personally I don’t think I’ve ever thought “ugg I hate how my choices don’t matter enough” but I have thought “man this game would be better with less choices”. Case in point: Analogue: A Hate Story. Overall I really liked it! But there is, like, a 50% chance that you will miss the game’s big revelation on your first play through. That sucks. And I hate how it forces you into an artificial choice of bringing one woman or the other with you - the only satisfying ending is to bring them both, but this is a bonus ‘hidden’ ending that most players won’t get. That sucks.

#AbolishInteractivity

Video games need to always be about picking the third option, IMO.

Too many games think the trolley problem is compelling gameplay and are wrong. Compelling gameplay is people trying to make me do the trolley problem, and instead letting me murder the hell out of the guy trying to set it up.

I hate third options that render the other two options pointless.

Just give choices about what your values are or your character's values are. That can be set up in a way that isn't a terrible Sophie's choice.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I just spent an hour obsessively counting all our carts- trailing behind late night customers and putting numbered post-it notes in non obvious places where they wouldn’t be removed so nothing would be double counted

201 regular carts
    39 mini (“express”) carts
    5 car carts where the kid is sitting in a big dumb plastic car
    3 kid carts that have a screen inside playing cartoons
    2 baby carts with plastic molded upper seats built in, in case you don’t have a baby seat
    6 electric carts for the disabled
    3 manual wheelchairs with a basket for shopping
    46 damaged carts in the back trucking area waiting to be repaired or destroyed

Phew

stocktake season?

aRkpc.gif
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Me personally I don’t think I’ve ever thought “ugg I hate how my choices don’t matter enough” but I have thought “man this game would be better with less choices”. Case in point: Analogue: A Hate Story. Overall I really liked it! But there is, like, a 50% chance that you will miss the game’s big revelation on your first play through. That sucks. And I hate how it forces you into an artificial choice of bringing one woman or the other with you - the only satisfying ending is to bring them both, but this is a bonus ‘hidden’ ending that most players won’t get. That sucks.

#AbolishInteractivity

Too many games think the trolley problem is compelling gameplay and are wrong. Compelling gameplay is people trying to make me do the trolley problem, and instead letting me murder the hell out of the guy trying to set it up.

Just give choices about what your values are or your character's values are. That can be set up in a way that isn't a terrible Sophie's choice.

I will say that the DX:HR "Missing Link" actually did a trolley problem pretty well I thought because I actually had no problem with that one.
    Kill all the people picked up and imprisoned, or kill the girl who was promising to turn evidence on the company.

Took one look at the death count disparity and gassed the witness.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    ah yes, math -- the solution to all ethical dilemmas

edited September 2018
    The best choices in games are where nobody can understand why anybody would choose the other option and then get into internet arguments over which was the correct option.

Sophie's choices usually make the choices way too similar to make people care much about it because they are designed to be about equally bad.

Couscous on
    In terms of "what are your values" I thought that one managed to speak to me pretty well? There was enough moral context to explain why the decision was happening. It wasn't irritatingly isolated and the limitations of the problem space were justified.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

#AbolishInteractivity

What if my character's values are always "put arrow in head"

#AbolishInteractivity

Sadly, most games don't allow you to play a character who kills everything that moves.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Any game trolley problem should let you go back and kill the other side of the equation. It's only fair

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Any game trolley problem should let you go back and kill the other side of the equation. It's only fair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    *pull both levers*

edited September 2018
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    They should reward the clever players who don't need to do that.

Minor Good Place season 2 spoilers?

Couscous on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

#AbolishInteractivity

Then you get a job helping the Arrow in Starling City!

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

my boner exploded

in a good way

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

#AbolishInteractivity

Sadly, most games don't allow you to play a character who kills everything that moves.

whoa whoa whoa

Not everything that moves

Just everything that has a head

hmmm, gory and heavy story fps for me to play next: wolfenstein TNO or bioshock infinite

note that i'm gonna play on easy either way so this is a uh

mood/atmosphere/style question primarily i guess

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    The only exciting thing about the Ace Attorney Trilogy remake is that it's coming out on modern platforms.

Otherwise it is the same. The exact same presentation but in HD scaling, which actually kinda loses the charm of the GBA / DS titles. I would've been way more impressed if they went all 3D animation on it. Or voice acted or something.

Edit - To put it simply, if you still have the games and the systems required to play them (which honestly isn't that hard a feat to have accomplished, this isn't like diving back to NES era), then what is the point of this?

Henroid on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If you haven't played Bioshock Infinite

you should

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    hmmm, gory and heavy story fps for me to play next: wolfenstein TNO or bioshock infinite

note that i'm gonna play on easy either way so this is a uh

mood/atmosphere/style question primarily i guess
    TNO

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    disclaimer: I have not played binfinite

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I already have a dinner plan for tomorrow. Gonna buy some fish, kale, red potatoes, and some cheap red wine (but it's a specific brand) so I can have myself a "reminds me of the simpler times" meal. I wanna do a nice for myself.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Bioshock Infinite is really good, but a wildly different game from the other Bioshocks if that is a consideration

Also its soundtrack is killer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CAA_zE5a3JQ

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lN7xcOxAPgk

japan on
    I personally did not like Bioshock Infinite but I think its cause so much shown was cut from that game

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i didn't particularly like bioshock infinite but also i played on hard and the gameplay was just awful

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Skrillex is credited with the Kingdom Hearts 3 opening song, well aint that a thing.

Wl6Yj6D.jpg

P10 wrote: »
    i didn't particularly like bioshock infinite but also i played on hard and the gameplay was just awful

Oh yeah it is not a game to play to appreciate its nuanced combat system

It tried to do something interesting but everything feels badly tuned

i played the original bioshock. i don't think i played 2. my suspicion is infinite's story is probably p powerful while wolfenstein's gunplay is probably more fun.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i played the original bioshock. i don't think i played 2. my suspicion is infinite's story is probably p powerful while wolfenstein's gunplay is probably more fun.

Yes but maybe not much - people disliked wolfensteins shooting a lot. Maybe mostly the second one though, I didn’t play the first part.

PSN: Honkalot
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Ace Attorney games are great but I dunno if they have much replayability. Gamers love buying the same thing over and over, though.

I say this as a man who owns three copies of some books because reasons.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Note that I have no idea what exactly darkseid is

He appears to be DC’s version of Thanos

Big overpowered incel with a face like the serial killer from True Detective

@Jacobkosh

Bogart wrote: »
    The Ace Attorney games are great but I dunno if they have much replayability. Gamers love buying the same thing over and over, though.

I say this as a man who owns three copies of some books because reasons.

Is it because you genuinely forgot you already owned it

Also, buying the same book again to get the correct cover/edition doesn't count

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    But Bogart

Trophies

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Usually because I was buying a set of rereleased classics and they were part of the set and not buying it and thus not completing the set would be impossible.

This discussion has been closed.