As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    AAF starts next week

Christian Hackenberg will get 3 games/chances at having more TD passes than at least one Super Bowl QB in the month of February 2019

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey guys, what time does the Super Bowl start?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Next week, innit?

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Next week, innit?

Let’s find some crazy billionaire and get them to arrange a Saints/Chiefs game for next weekend.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    ExlrE2w.jpg

my Atlanta Legends are on pace to play my San Diego Fleet in the Biggest Game week 2 <3

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I this where I go to talk about how boring this game was and how much Maroon 5 sucks and how the Sponge Bob fake out was mean to the people who care about Sponge Bob

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Kellen Moore calling plays for the Cowboys next season.

Is that Kellen Moore as in the kid that broke all kinds of records at Boise?

Seems really young to be an OC

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Kellen Moore calling plays for the Cowboys next season.

Is that Kellen Moore as in the kid that broke all kinds of records at Boise?

Seems really young to be an OC

Didn’t you hear the league was mcvay’d

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I this where I go to talk about how boring this game was and how much Maroon 5 sucks and how the Sponge Bob fake out was mean to the people who care about Sponge Bob

The spongebob thing was super confusing to me, until a news site said it was a callout to the creator of the show who died recently, and the episode was specifically one where they did a marching band performing at the super bowl?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Adam Levine would have ended up butchering Sweet Victory anyway.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

The spongebob thing was super confusing to me, until a news site said it was a callout to the creator of the show who died recently, and the episode was specifically one where they did a marching band performing at the super bowl?

Yes, exactly, only everybody wanted them do actually do the song, not just have a ten second clip introduce a rapper

• Options
    Outside of like 3 times people always hate the half time show.

Just have a normal half time so folks can pee, get a hot dog, and go back to their seats.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Yeah, theres an episode where they play the Superbowl without knowing what it is, and after the creator died this past year a huge petition was started to get them to play it.

The thing is, they released stuff about practicing it, and having a marching band to play it and even a few pictures of Adam Levine with a Sponge Bob costumed guy so everyone thought they were going to play it...instead they did a 4 second clip from the episode which didn't fit in with the show at all.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    nah it was just more damage for the NFL

Xehalus on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Yeah I love career blowhards that keep sports media collectively as dumb as possible too.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Brady kind of sucked last night but who gives a fuck? They won.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wow the fuck is Travis Scott? The only part of that song I recognized was the Drake? line about taking Xanax

• Options
    dtaifkgac0bf.jpg

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    But hey, concessions were under $5, right?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I was curious so I did some research

Julian Edelman is the first offensive player to win the MVP without scoring a TD since Fred Biletnikoff in 1977.

The only other time it's happened was Joe Namath in SB3

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I was curious so I did some research

Julian Edelman is the first offensive player to win the MVP without scoring a TD since Fred Biletnikoff in 1977.

The only other time it's happened was Joe Namath in SB3

Alabama QBs have never been able to throw :rotate:

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Fun fact: last night's punters competed against each other for the starting job at Oregon State in 2008/2009.

Hekker won the starting job and Allen ended up transferring to La Tech in 2010, so I guess the Pats win last night was Allen's sweet, sweet revenge.

Bobble on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Because this WAS a good season

It wasn't, Drew. It wasn't.

• Options
    I still don't understand why McVay didn't give the ball to Gurley more. Goff was shaken, that was obvious. Gurley looked solid the few times he touched it.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I still don't understand why McVay didn't give the ball to Gurley more. Goff was shaken, that was obvious. Gurley looked solid the few times he touched it.

Offensive super genius.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

The prevailing theory has been that we will be hearing about a scheduled knee surgery any day now. It was apparently held together by fairy wings and unicorn farts since the tail end of the regular season.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

The prevailing theory has been that we will be hearing about a scheduled knee surgery any day now. It was apparently held together by fairy wings and unicorn farts since the tail end of the regular season.

They’ve ruled that out. At least there’s no clear diagnosis of injury.

Maybe it’s the Markelle Fultz situation...

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    there were a lot of fun teams this year with the Rams, Chiefs, and Saints

and then the Patriots had to deflate radio and practice signals or whatever

at least I know the Rams and Patriots special team players very good now

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Okay, so edit aside is there really a guy that gets paid to keep mcvay from wandering out onto the field?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I believe it's a/the strength & conditioning coach, and that's his role on gameday. I remember seeing a story before the game that he had surgery or something and wasn't at the Super Bowl, so maybe that's why the Rams lost.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yes, one of the coaches or trainers will usually try to keep the coaches and coordinators out of the way

• Options
    Edelman needs to groom that thing on his face

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

It always looks so uncomfortable when those guys have a full bushy beard stuffed under their chin straps.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

It always looks so uncomfortable when those guys have a full bushy beard stuffed under their chin straps.

Hockey it looks cool, silly and uncomfortable at the same time

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

this season was fucking AWFUL

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

this season was fucking AWFUL

I get where Drew is coming from because a lot of good things happened this season. A new class of competent young quarterbacks is rising which is a good decade overdue, the Browns may finally be turning things around which is about three decades overdue, and I feel like good running backs are starting to matter again after years of having a short shelf life. The league is still fucked up when it comes to officiating and handling scandals (particularly of the domestic violence variety) but this season had some pretty exciting moments that I feel like last season simply didn't have.

The league still needs to figure out why it's completely owned by the Patriots in the playoffs but if you still love the NFL, these young upstart quarterbacks are going to give you plenty of decent games to watch going forward.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.