As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Jabril Peppers is trending!

• Options
    Why would you sign Bethea if you were trading for Peppers later in the day? I am so confused by every part of this deal.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    If the Brown’s aren’t the favorite to win, i’d like to know why.

The Bengals suck and are in rebuilding mode.
    The Steelers lost 2 of their best weapons, have an aging QB, and are in cap hell.
    The Ravens just lost half their defense.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Jesus, OBJ is still going to count for more against NYG's salary cap this season than he will for Cleveland's.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Can we do another season of Hard Knocks in Cleveland please

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wonder if this was the Mara family telling Gettleman to get rid of him and don't worry about comp.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, I’m over here celebrating because the guy who’s so damned good that he can singlehandedly torch the eagles defense over and over is out of the division.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I’m over here celebrating because the guy who’s so damned good that he can singlehandedly torch the eagles defense over and over is out of the division.

Sure, Beasley went to Buffalo, but they still play Philly in 2019.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Giants fans may end up gunning for Dave Gettleman's head. Here's the most recent trades he's made:
    • Traded 1st round draft pick CB Eli Apple to New Orleans for 2019 fourth-round and 2020 seventh-round draft picks.
    • Traded DT Damon Harrison to Detroit for a 2019 fifth-round draft pick.
    • Traded DE Olivier Vernon and 4th round pick for OG Kevin Zeitler and 5th round pick
    • Traded Odell Beckham Jr for a 2019 1st, 2nd, and Safety Jabrill Peppers.

The Vernon trade is possibly the only decent one done. Since you traded a started CB and cut a starting safety, it seems you're ok with your defense sucking for 2019 and your offense will be the focus. Improving the O-line, getting a rookie QB to pair with 2 of the best weapons in football Saquon and OBJ. With Saquon on a rookie deal for a while, as well as your new QB, it would allow for you to go all in on O-line and defense here this year and next. Washington is a mess and Philly/Dallas are good but not anything amazing, there's a chance you could still get in the playoffs on offense alone.

Now it seems they are giving up for 2019 and wasting another year of Saquon on a rookie deal.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Reported 5 years, 87.5m for Dee Ford.

Lot of money for a dude that had like, 1 good season.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I hope Mayfield/Beckham becomes the new Montana/Rice or Manning/Harrison (only without the killing somebody)

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Reported 5 years, 87.5m for Dee Ford.

Lot of money for a dude that had like, 1 good season.

Meh. They'll pay less than half of it, and are so far below the cap that it had to go somewhere.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm trying to spin this.

Them trading Odell isn't the end of the world but that compensation package SUCKS.

If you had told me that the arguably two best receivers in football would be traded for almost nothing...

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm most upset because I have to tell my son about this in the morning.

• Options
    I feel like every year I'm making excuses to care about football and this trade... Why am I even bothering at this point when individual players don't seem to have much value to their team anymore.

Part of sports is being able to root for players who spend their career on a team and that just seems like a complete afterthought unless you're a QB anymore.

• Options
    Lets never call it "The Land" ever again.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Who could have foreseen Gettleman making a bunch of off the wall ass trades and shit?

W H O C O U L D H A V E G U E S S E D

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    I feel like every year I'm making excuses to care about football and this trade... Why am I even bothering at this point when individual players don't seem to have much value to their team anymore.

Part of sports is being able to root for players who spend their career on a team and that just seems like a complete afterthought unless you're a QB anymore.

I was happy Megatron retired a Lion rather than play another 2-3 years and risk being traded.

As a Lions fan, I can sympathize with watching your organization bungle the team's viability away. I'll never get over the Ebron over Aaron Donald draft. On the plus side, picking a couple of side teams like the Chiefs makes it still fun to watch. I'll be rooting for the Browns next year as well.

• Options
    I feel terrible for Morgan. He loves Odell. Loves the Giants and now I have to tell them he got traded because.... Reasons?

At least he went to Cleveland to play with Landry. He'll at least be happy about that.

I really hope he doesn't cry...

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Per Tom Pelissero, Odell and Vernon are scheduled to count $32.5mil against the Browns' cap this year and $24mil against the Giants'

• Options
    At least the Giants can look at the Steelers and feel better about their trade.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Now it seems they are giving up for 2019 and wasting another year of Saquon on a rookie deal.

And that rookie deal is less of a bargain than it sounds like, since he's already the 5th most expensive RB in the league (until Bell signs). He'll earn that money though - at this point the only decent offensive skill players the Giants have left are Saquon and Evan Engram. Maaaybe Sterling Shepard?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a Browns fan next year.

For once they actually seem like the team trying their hardest to please the fans.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Caption says "Your favorite New York athlete"

I like this from the Yankees social media team.

Kristaps and Beckham traded away just over a month apart leaves Judge as pretty much the guy (though I don't think Porzingis ever really had a legit claim like Judge and OBJ did)

Goose! on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m most excited about the possibility of the Browns being the place to pay Earl Thomas

That offense is going to be able to match KC’s output, and they really only need a defense that could possibly have Garrett, Ward and Thomas to make one or two stops or a turnover a game to help them to 12+ wins.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I’m most excited about the possibility of the Browns being the place to pay Earl Thomas

That offense is going to be able to match KC’s output, and they really only need a defense that could possibly have Garrett, Ward and Thomas to make one or two stops or a turnover a game to help them to 12+ wins.

Their d-line is going to be crazy. They were pretty good last year and now added Vernon and Richardson. Adding Thomas is almost a luxury at this point.

I’d imagine the biggest concern for the Browns might be the O-line. They could help that unit in the 2nd round.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Their d-line is going to be crazy. They were pretty good last year and now added Vernon and Richardson. Adding Thomas is almost a luxury at this point.

I’d imagine the biggest concern for the Browns might be the O-line.

The o-line was good-to-real-good last year after putting Greg Robinson at LT. Zietler was actually a huge part of that though so Dorsey is betting that Austin Corbett (their 2nd round pick last year) is going to be able to step up into that spot.

Also, once Kitchens was able to let Baker be Baker, he routinely showcased his unreal pocket presence, which gives a cushion to the oline.

I think they focus on their defensive backfield (Peppers showed a lot of promise last year) and oline depth in the draft....but man they are stacked with a bunch of stud draft picks on rookie deals holy shit.

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Who could have foreseen Gettleman making a bunch of off the wall ass trades and shit?

Meanwhile the Panthers quietly sign Matt Paradis to a 3 year, $27 million deal to fill a massive hole with a really good deal. Panthers fans getting whiplash after firing Hurney, hiring Gettleman, firing Gettelman, and rehiring New Hurney. What a rollercoaster.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    OK maybe I like Cole Beasley now

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Cole Beasley is a good WR to get smushed trying to block for Josh Allen’s 23 pass plays that turn into QB runs a game

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

Meanwhile the Panthers quietly sign Matt Paradis to a 3 year, $27 million deal to fill a massive hole with a really good deal. Panthers fans getting whiplash after firing Hurney, hiring Gettleman, firing Gettelman, and rehiring New Hurney. What a rollercoaster.

I'm salty about the Davis thing, just like I was about Smith. I think TD would have been happy to retire a Panther, but I guess he wanted more then they felt they'd get out of him so oh well.

I'm not really worried about it, though, since we're going into an odd year we've got like a 2-1 chance of a winning season, we're basically guaranteed to finish in the top half of our division, and better than 50% odds of a post-season appearance.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

I'm salty about the Davis thing, just like I was about Smith. I think TD would have been happy to retire a Panther, but I guess he wanted more then they felt they'd get out of him so oh well.

I'm not really worried about it, though, since we're going into an odd year we've got like a 2-1 chance of a winning season, we're basically guaranteed to finish in the top half of our division, and better than 50% odds of a post-season appearance.

I'm sad but much less upset about TD than Smitty. Gettleman straight fucked Smitty over. At least they let TD know what was up and they didn't just cut him. I kinda feel like it is probably time for TD to hang it up and the team did too. Maybe they expected him to and when he wanted to come back they had to break the news. I totally understand him wanting to keep playing. I hope he has a great year in LA.

• Options
    Bell to the Jets

This discussion has been closed.