As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Schefter says the Jets are expected to hire Adam Gase as their HC

iHate

This is why none of you ever beat the Patriots!!!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    You're more likely to make guaranteed money in the NFL up front, especially if you're a QB who thinks he'll get drafted relatively early, but baseball is overall a much healthier sport to play, and you're going to be able to do it longer and overall get paid more

You have to make it through the minors, which are a shitshow, especially when it comes to payment

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah Baseball is no guarantee. I’d assume if he’s up front and honest, it should be fine. Just tell teams he’s only playing football if he’s drafted on day 1 or 2. Russell Wilson is only 5’11, Drew Brees is 6’. With his crazy athleticism and accuracy, he has a chance to be a great QB in the NFL.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    the AFC East is ran by idiots

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    You're more likely to make guaranteed money in the NFL up front, especially if you're a QB who thinks he'll get drafted relatively early, but baseball is overall a much healthier sport to play, and you're going to be able to do it longer and overall get paid more

You have to make it through the minors, which are a shitshow, especially when it comes to payment

Ehh, he was a first round pick with a pretty hefty signing bonus, which will negate a lot of those issues in the minors.

The bigger issue is how rookie contracts work in baseball, and how teams can pay very little for good, young players for a long time. Now, with Murray being drafted to the As, there’s a good chance he comes up earlier than in other organizations, but he’s still looking to wait until he’s 28 or 29 before he potentially signs a big contract.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    patriots will get him for a bag of balls and a post it note that says 9th round pick on it somehow.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    patriots will get him for a bag of balls and a post it note that says 9th round pick on it somehow.

The long dark will return to new england little can be done to stop it

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Knight_ wrote: »

I don't think the Steelers are likely to do the Patriots any favors

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Is that...a lot? A little? I have no frame of reference for that number.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Sean Payton is such a jackass

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Is that...a lot? A little? I have no frame of reference for that number.

I think thats standard. Like its from the league.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Super bowl bonuses are a joke for the amount of revenue the game generates.

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    How many 4-armed guards were there?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Goro would make a great DT

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Goro would make a great DT

He could swim and bull rush at the same time

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Schefter says the Jets are expected to hire Adam Gase as their HC

iHate

Woman...inherits the earth.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Oh, I see

Fuck, my brain read that as armed guards confronting Sean Payton as he was sneaking about or something

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Mahomes will throw for a million yards and they'll lose

or not

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've kind of decided that if there is an upset that's the most likely one.

edited January 2019
    Most likely to upset in order

Colts
    Chargers
    Eagles
    Cowboys

Although... I don't think the Chargers should be the underdog.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    The volume and variety of playoff demons surrounding the Chiefs-Colts game is fascinating and a Chiefs win would feel like a genuine exorcism.

Bobble wrote: »
    The volume and variety of playoff demons surrounding the Chiefs-Colts game is fascinating and a Chiefs win would feel like a genuine exorcism.

We all remember what happened in 2013

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

and 1996.
    and 2004.
    and of course Andy Reid's prior ... 'experience' in playoff heartbreak.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the chiefs are going to lose that game by a lot. My brother is a chiefs fan, I need to make sure to send him an "I'm sorry" card today.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah the chiefs are going to lose that game by a lot. My brother is a chiefs fan, I need to make sure to send him an "I'm sorry" card today.

I don't forsee a scenario where the Chiefs get.blown out at all.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    KC hasn't been blown out yet this year.

Not saying we're for sure gonna win, but some of the commentary is a bit over the top.

KC needs to get pressure on Luck, and we have some decent pass rushers.

Kelce should have a big game. The colts give up a shit ton of yards to tight ends.

My feeling that the Colts will beat the Chiefs is just a pure feeling.

The Chiefs are the better team.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    With Andy Reid, any playoff loss is within reach.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Even though I'm not huge into football, I love what it does to this city. Everyone's pumped. Went to a gas station and as I was leaving, the cashierraised her voice to say "Who Dat, baby!". Who dat basically becomes a salutation and everyone is smiling. Black, white, rich, and the poor coming together to shout it to each other.

Kaplar on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Surprised this thread didn't talk about the Colts already having a 1-0 flag outside the stadium plus shirts
    Dwj-wQ_XgAYlw4L.jpg:small

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really don't care what dumb shirts anyone wears. It's fine, it really is.

But I love (a) the idea that the 2018 Indianapolis Colts invented the motto of "just go 1-0 next week" when it's a refrain you hear from at least one come-back team every year and (b) Colts fans wearing this shirt after they lose.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

I remember it because I used to post on the 49ers message board and many many idiots there were blaming Alex Smith for the loss*. Y'know, when the offense put up 44 points but the team still lost and that's anyone on the offenses fault. A case can be made for blaming the OC for taking the foot off the pedal, but if you score 35+ points and lose, that's mostly the defense/DC's fault.

*Because there was a large contingent of fans there that absolutely hated Alex and blamed him solely for the bad Mike Nolan/Singletary years, and even when he started playing good football with Harbaugh, they basically attributed it to everyone else around him and giving him zero credit. It was a very dumb place. I'm glad I left(apparently it's been closed down now).

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Only thing that scares the shit out of me about this Colts vs chiefs game is, the chiefs defense is an atrocity. we can't stop the run up the middle and our Dbacks can't cover anyone past 20 yards. Eric berry hasn't practiced all week and wont be there to be the guiding light they need, so its gonna be at least a 31 to 38 score for the winner.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Let's see

Colts 33 Chiefs 31
    Saints 27 Eagles 20
    Rams 33 Cowboys 17
    Chargers 27 Patriots 24

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    That’s about how I see this weekend going

This discussion has been closed.