As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I really liked the 2007 animated film. It wasn’t the most amazing thing in the world but it was a good amalgamation of the different versions of the turtles that came before. It’s too bad it was kind of a box office dud. I’d have liked to see what they would have done in a sequel, especially since they heavily implied Shredder’s return.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I actually just played through Jack Bros. last week. It's the first time I've played through a Shin Megami Tensei-related game.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    What is the best TMNT movie?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Ah. TMNT was the last movie Henson was involved with before he died.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Both movies are great, but I had a particular affinity for the second one as a kid. It's probably because that's the one I had on VHS.

• Options
    I loved both of the first two as a kid, but watching them again as an adult, the second is not nearly as good of a movie.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    I loved both of the first two as a kid, but watching them again as an adult, the second is not nearly as good of a movie.

https://youtu.be/69g8FbCG5vs

I still say yeah.... Yeah yeah.... Like this all the time

It's not really a sign of quality but more a way pop culture has warped my way of speaking

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    1 is legit good, 2 is ok, everything after has been trash

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I remember liking the third more than the second, but that's probably because I love time travel stories

• Options
    They don't even use their weapons in 2. :|

• Options
    Who needs weapons when you have Vanilla Ice, his songs are basically crimes against humanity so I'm sure anyone nearby was incapacitated

• Options
    Yeah. I read about that. They couldn't use their weapons in the second one due to violence complaints.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    My personal ranking, subject to change at a whim:

1) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
    2) Turtles Forever
    3) Tie: TMNT, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II The Secret of the Ooze
    6) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
    7) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It sounds like the first TMNT movie is worth buying.

Oh, wow. Someone put it on YouTube in HD. "Seems legit."

Krathoon on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

First TMNT is great.

"Wise man say: forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    As a kid who started on the comics, the cartoon in the 80s was both interesting and disappointing. I’m glad it went over big, but I’m equally glad they moved away from just how awful the writing and characters became.

So the 2007 movie is my favorite with the original film second. The Turtles Forever is amazing and everyone should watch it. And the 2012 TMNT is the best TV show in the series.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is surprisingly good. Very creative blend of both properties.

So now I’m pondering saving for the Star Wars arcade 1up. I might be addicted.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is surprisingly good. Very creative blend of both properties.

So now I’m pondering saving for the Star Wars arcade 1up. I might be addicted.

I'd love to see the Star Wars one. Especially if it as cool as it looks in marketing photos.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

I may be watching this now

• Options
    I recently got the trade paperbacks of the comic it was based on via ComiXology, but still need to get caught up on the main TMNT comic first.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    In mini console hacking news, the devs of hakchi released a new version of the program that allows you to hack the Genesis Mini, but it only allows for loading games into Retroarch at the moment. The update also changes some things with the NES/SNES Classics.

Unfortunately, there are some issues. Apparently some people have softbricked their Genesis Mini using this new version of hakchi. Others are unhappy that it doesn't use the main Genesis UI, which is something the devs on the Discord server I'm on are working towards with their own unreleased tool called Project Lunar.

And while there are some nice improvements for the NES/SNES Classic Minis in this new version of hakchi, there are issues there too. I personally upgraded to the new version, but quickly noticed that one of the mods I use regularly was broken and caused the system to freeze. I also noticed that the menu music was a bit glitchy. And when I hopped between the Shonen Jump Famicom Mini firmware and back, I'd have to turn my TV off and on again to get it to display properly and have sound.

Anyway, for those using hakchi, I recommend against upgrading to 3.6.0. Stick with 3.5.3 for now. I reverted back.

• Options
  • Options

Classic games are a lot different than I remember.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I still have no goddamn idea what that game even is.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Jazz wrote: »

It’s a Kojima game, so I’m gonna say it’s a messy mishmash of stuff with a lot of cutscenes. I mean, that trailer is a perfect example of too much stuff smashed together without cohesion.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

It’s a Kojima game, so I’m gonna say it’s a messy mishmash of stuff with a lot of cutscenes. I mean, that trailer is a perfect example of too much stuff smashed together without cohesion.

It is a Kojima-ass trailer if ever there was one, no doubt.

I'm an MGS fan, some more than others admittedly, but I hate the slapdash way the trailers and suchlike are usually done, and this is no different.

Fantastic likeness of Léa Seydoux notwithstanding...

• Options

Classic games are a lot different than I remember.

Yeah, I haven't watched it (7+ minutes for a launch trailer? Geeze. Never change, Kohima), but that seems about as off-topic from plug 'n play mini consoles as you can get.

(Which feels hypocritical to say after the Turtles conversation, true, but at least that ties back to the Arcade 1up machine's.)

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

It is a Kojima-ass trailer if ever there was one, no doubt.

I'm an MGS fan, some more than others admittedly, but I hate the slapdash way the trailers and suchlike are usually done, and this is no different.

Fantastic likeness of Léa Seydoux notwithstanding...

There was a joke back on the Playstation 3--if Kojima ever got to make the game he really wanted to, it'd be literal hours of occasional erotic awkwardness-filled moody full-motion video, with some gameplay interspersed between them. Konami met him halfway with MGS4. Because Kojima didn't want to make video games, he wanted to direct films.

That was a joke (one that everyone understood), though I wouldn't be surprised if some of those habits got out of hand with Death Stranding, especially given what we've actually seen so far.

• Options
    I accidentally posted the Death Stranding in the wrong thread.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm still excited for it. I know a lot of people hate on Kojima but his games are very fun and that's what I like so *shrug*

Death Stranding is coming to PC, too

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm still excited for it. I know a lot of people hate on Kojima but his games are very fun and that's what I like so *shrug*

Death Stranding is coming to PC, too

Seems like the opposite--everyone hates on Konami (fair enough), but Kojima can do no wrong. It's not really hating on if he's practically asking to be teased, let's not act like we wouldn't be ridiculing the shit out of anyone else who bragged about pissing in their upcoming game. Way, way harsher.

It doesn't mean it couldn't be an amazing game. It's just Kojima being Kojima.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    I wasn't directing that at anyone here, just that people often take things a bit too seriously/literally when it comes to his work, and it's obviously tongue in cheek most of the time. The difference is compared to other well known devs, he comes across pretty tame. He doesn't over-promise and under-deliver like say, a Peter Molyneux or Dennis Dyack. And he's not as hated as David Cage. I just think a lot of armchair writers on the internet (Reddit) just need to chill

• Options
    For as much as I dislike his trailer style and the way his games tend to be marketed pre-release, I generally like them when they come out. Hell, MGS3 is probably in my all-time top ten and I was a bit down on that before it came out.

The best thing I can do with Kojima's games is ignore them until they're actually out, then just play them on their own terms. Usually works :+1:

Not biting on launch for DS, but keeping my options open and my eye on it.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Guardian review of DS (well worth a read, it's been a long time since I've read a review like this)

Back of the box quote: "Think 2001, The Road, The Leftovers, Silent Hill and Planet Earth reinterpreted as three days of UPS contract work."

Jazz on
  • Options
    I do hope there is some P.T. like stuff in the game.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ...huh, just realised the ghouls in this are called B.Ts.

Sounds like P.T eh?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Or BB's.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    How much of the original Silent Hills plan is in this one, I wonder.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    How much of the original Silent Hills plan is in this one, I wonder.

Probably not much, although they do both deal with something paranormal it seems

• Options
    Nerdist put up a funny video.
    https://youtu.be/BG2sGglshu8