Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Plug 'n Play Paradise - The Moment of the Start of the Genesis of Mini SEGA is Upon Us...

15759616263

Posts

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I accidentally posted the Death Stranding in the wrong thread.
    Never give up, never surrender.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    Dark Raven XAndy Joe
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2
    Why are we talking about Death Stranding in here again?

    Hey, I have a Genesis Mini to raffle tomorrow. Donate at least $5 to my Extra-Life for entry!

    KoopahTroopah on
    Steam: Koopah - Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
    BetsuniJazzLocal H JayShadowfireSteevLLBD_NytetraynZilla360
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    So there's some new game for the Mega Drive, and it's a very good send up of smash tv. You can also get it on modern systems I guess and use twin stick controls, but then you miss out on the fun of aiming with a 6-button genesis controller. You very much want to head into the options to set "easy" mode to start though cause this game is anything but!

    Local H JayMNC DoverCapt HowdyBetsuniKoopahTroopahShadowfireTelMarineJazzZilla360
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I guess there's black Friday deals with the marvel and another 1up cabinet for 249. It's in the game deals thread

    BetsuniZilla360
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular
    I just got one of these, it's pretty great:
    0dm8kjth2xhy.jpg

    Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Neat little gadget.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    SynthesisJazzBetsuniZilla360Dark Raven XKoopahTroopah
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    This isn't one of those things that's going to get the thread shut down, is it? =O

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    It doesn’t have to be an unsafe topic. There are all sorts of legit ports that run on Raspberry Pi. Cave Story, Hurrican, Doom, etc. An increasing number of game dev tools allow targeting RPi, too; Pico-8 games would be particularly nice on that thing.

    Zilla360LBD_Nytetrayn
  • JazzJazz Un-UKRegistered User regular
    This isn't one of those things that's going to get the thread shut down, is it? =O

    The SNES hasn't done yet :lol:

    SynthesisZilla360
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    This isn't one of those things that's going to get the thread shut down, is it? =O

    hakchi is openly discussed in here and nobody is linking roms so I'd think it's ok.

    Zilla360LBD_Nytetrayn
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza RIP Iwata-san..... ...and thanks for the Switch, you magnificent bastard.Registered User regular
    edited November 9
    So I want to get a mini cabinet as sort of an xmas present to myself, but I can't decide between the 1up Arcade TMNT cabinet and the Atgames multi-cabinet.

    This is the atgames cabinet:



    The Atgames cabinet is interesting not because it has 350 games on it, most of which arent even arcade games, but because it has a crazy amount of additional features to it. It has a Netflix-like service that adds new arcade games each month. It has a "bring your own games" streaming capability where you can stream games from your PC for a fee. You can hook up consoles via the HDMI ports and play through the arcade. You can hook up various accessories such as lightguns via bluetooth or USB. You can upload games via USB thumb drive (officially only Atgames branded thumb drives ATM). You can even watch movies using the HD widescreen. On the other hand it's Atgames, and it's about $200 more than the TMNT cabinet.

    In the TMNT cabinets favor it has a riser to make it a comfortable height (I know because my local walmart had one set up for me to try. The Atgames looked kinda small next to that rep, I wonder if it has a riser for itself), and it's easily customizable if I want to add-on to it later. Plus it's $200 less.

    I really love TMNT and it includes Turtles In Time which is one of my favorite games ever, and 1Up Arcade seems to have the stamp of reliability that Atgames doesn't, but damn I'd be lying if I didn't say that all those extra features were tempting.

    So anyways, thoughts? Does anyone own either of these and could add some input that might help my decision making process? It would be most appreciated.

    Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Zilla360
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited November 9
    Yeah. The AtGames one does have the sheer volume of games in it's favor.

    It depends if the emulation is good. Is the firmware updateable?

    Krathoon on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza RIP Iwata-san..... ...and thanks for the Switch, you magnificent bastard.Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Yeah. The AtGames one does have the sheer volume of games in it's favor.

    It depends if the emulation is good. Is the firmware updateable?

    Yes I believe it is.

    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    AtGames has been good about updating the firmware on it's recent systems. I updated the firmware on the Genesis HD Flashback and it fixed the sound.

  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 10
    Frem wrote: »
    It doesn’t have to be an unsafe topic. There are all sorts of legit ports that run on Raspberry Pi. Cave Story, Hurrican, Doom, etc. An increasing number of game dev tools allow targeting RPi, too; Pico-8 games would be particularly nice on that thing.
    Jazz wrote: »
    This isn't one of those things that's going to get the thread shut down, is it? =O

    The SNES hasn't done yet :lol:
    RickRude wrote: »
    This isn't one of those things that's going to get the thread shut down, is it? =O

    hakchi is openly discussed in here and nobody is linking roms so I'd think it's ok.

    Okay, cool. Just that image looked all sorts of infringe-y...
    So I want to get a mini cabinet as sort of an xmas present to myself, but I can't decide between the 1up Arcade TMNT cabinet and the Atgames multi-cabinet.

    This is the atgames cabinet:



    The Atgames cabinet is interesting not because it has 350 games on it, most of which arent even arcade games, but because it has a crazy amount of additional features to it. It has a Netflix-like service that adds new arcade games each month. It has a "bring your own games" streaming capability where you can stream games from your PC for a fee. You can hook up consoles via the HDMI ports and play through the arcade. You can hook up various accessories such as lightguns via bluetooth or USB. You can upload games via USB thumb drive (officially only Atgames branded thumb drives ATM). You can even watch movies using the HD widescreen. On the other hand it's Atgames, and it's about $200 more than the TMNT cabinet.

    In the TMNT cabinets favor it has a riser to make it a comfortable height (I know because my local walmart had one set up for me to try. The Atgames looked kinda small next to that rep, I wonder if it has a riser for itself), and it's easily customizable if I want to add-on to it later. Plus it's $200 less.

    I really love TMNT and it includes Turtles In Time which is one of my favorite games ever, and 1Up Arcade seems to have the stamp of reliability that Atgames doesn't, but damn I'd be lying if I didn't say that all those extra features were tempting.

    So anyways, thoughts? Does anyone own either of these and could add some input that might help my decision making process? It would be most appreciated.

    You know that the arcade Turtles in Time is significantly different from the Super NES one, right?

    If so, then that's all I've got.

    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza RIP Iwata-san..... ...and thanks for the Switch, you magnificent bastard.Registered User regular
    It wouldn't really be one of my favorite games of all time if I wasn't aware of the differences between the arcade and SNES versions now would it?

    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
  • JazzJazz Un-UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 10
    It's entirely possible for one version of a game to be a favourite of all time and another version of ostensibly the same game to not be.

    At least with retro games where the differences are more pronounced.

    Jazz on
    LBD_Nytetrayn
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 10
    Remember that SA-1 patch someone made for Gradius III earlier this year which removed most of the slowdown?

    He made a patch like that for Contra III:


    edit: hopefully Super Castlevania IV is next. It could definitely use it!

    SteevL on
    ShadowfireLocal H JayfortyKreutzZilla360
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So recently at a big outlet store, they got in several Arcade1up cabs in. I think they were all asteroids, don't remember. Myself and some friends were keeping an eye out on them to see if they'd be discounted enough to warrant buying. For me, it would have to be under 70$. They sadly got bought out before they hit that low.

    BUT! Recently, we were keeping an eye out on brickseek, and we found a walmart about 40 minutes away that had some marked at 75% off. So I nabbed a SF2 for just under 80$. I've swapped the buttons and joysticks out with a cheaper aftermarket kit I had originally for a different project. The stock buttons in A1U's are absolute garbage, although the stock joysticks seem about as good as the ones i put in. I'll almost certainly be looking to make myself a custom control panel with a better layout though.

    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
    SteevLBetsuniShadowfireLocal H JayRickRudeKreutzmxmarks
  • JazzJazz Un-UKRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Remember that SA-1 patch someone made for Gradius III earlier this year which removed most of the slowdown?

    He made a patch like that for Contra III:


    edit: hopefully Super Castlevania IV is next. It could definitely use it!

    "Let's attack aggressively." is still such a goofy line even by the standards of old video games :lol:

    SteevL
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 10
    SteevL wrote: »
    Remember that SA-1 patch someone made for Gradius III earlier this year which removed most of the slowdown?

    He made a patch like that for Contra III:

    edit: hopefully Super Castlevania IV is next. It could definitely use it!
    That was such an awkward gameplay video to watch. He seemed familiar with the more advanced technique of weapon swap spam to boost DPS, but then, for example, on the third stage 3 miniboss it seemed like he didn't realize you actually have to kill the thing.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Remember that SA-1 patch someone made for Gradius III earlier this year which removed most of the slowdown?

    He made a patch like that for Contra III:

    edit: hopefully Super Castlevania IV is next. It could definitely use it!
    That was such an awkward gameplay video to watch. He seemed familiar with the more advanced technique of weapon swap spam to boost DPS, but then, for example, on the third stage 3 miniboss it seemed like he didn't realize you actually have to kill the thing.

    Truthfully, I didn't even watch the whole thing. I just jumped around a bit looking for slowdown.

  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Ok, gotta show off some more. It's my little happy corner of the world.

    qpasuh28wtib.jpg

    I'll get the wires and signs situated better soon.

    Switch friend code: SW-2978-3296-1491
    PSN: RidleySaria
    Capt HowdyBetsuniJazzSteevLShadowfireKreutzLocal H JayZilla360ZonugalTelMarineBigJoeMBrainiac 8MNC DoverLBD_NytetraynKoopahTroopahskeldareHandsome Costanza
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Ok, gotta show off some more. It's my little happy corner of the world.

    qpasuh28wtib.jpg

    I'll get the wires and signs situated better soon.

    I can't awesome that enough. How is the Star Wars one? Is it as beautiful and fun as the original?

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    JazzZilla360MNC Dover
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Star Wars is Star Wars. It's been awhile since I've played it so I don't know how spot on it is, but it's close enough to me. The only graphical difference I've detected is the Death Star explosion looks a little different. The circles blend together a little too much. Probably due to the way it's emulated.

    Switch friend code: SW-2978-3296-1491
    PSN: RidleySaria
    Betsuni
  • JazzJazz Un-UKRegistered User regular
    Star Wars and Empire could be a bit tricksy because didn't they use vector monitors originally? I guess modern high resolutions can mitigate that more than in years past, though.

  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Star Wars is Star Wars. It's been awhile since I've played it so I don't know how spot on it is, but it's close enough to me. The only graphical difference I've detected is the Death Star explosion looks a little different. The circles blend together a little too much. Probably due to the way it's emulated.

    Cool. Yeah the emulator could be the reason it doesn't look that crisp. Does it have the cheesy sound effects and control pretty good? Guess my second question would be is have you beaten Return of the Jedi? That was one game that I could never beat in the arcades.
    Jazz wrote: »
    Star Wars and Empire could be a bit tricksy because didn't they use vector monitors originally? I guess modern high resolutions can mitigate that more than in years past, though.

    Yeah I think they did use vector monitors. No idea about Empire Strikes Back since I never saw that one in the arcades.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wasn't Empire just a conversion kit for the original Star Wars machine?

    I only ever saw one in the wild I think.

    steam_sig.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Disappointed that turtles cabinet only has 2 games on it. Seems like they could have added a few more konami beat em ups that were 4 players

    forty
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    So recently at a big outlet store, they got in several Arcade1up cabs in. I think they were all asteroids, don't remember. Myself and some friends were keeping an eye out on them to see if they'd be discounted enough to warrant buying. For me, it would have to be under 70$. They sadly got bought out before they hit that low.

    BUT! Recently, we were keeping an eye out on brickseek, and we found a walmart about 40 minutes away that had some marked at 75% off. So I nabbed a SF2 for just under 80$. I've swapped the buttons and joysticks out with a cheaper aftermarket kit I had originally for a different project. The stock buttons in A1U's are absolute garbage, although the stock joysticks seem about as good as the ones i put in. I'll almost certainly be looking to make myself a custom control panel with a better layout though.

    Fuck, brickseek tells me a local wal mart had the sf2 cabs for $74. Sold out now

  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    Wasn't Empire just a conversion kit for the original Star Wars machine?

    I only ever saw one in the wild I think.

    Ah, that would explain why I never saw one in the arcades.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Disappointed that turtles cabinet only has 2 games on it. Seems like they could have added a few more konami beat em ups that were 4 players

    I imagine the TMNT licenses (both the property itself and the games) and the tracking down thereof was expensive enough, and adding anymore would have eaten into the profit margin. That's just speculation on my part, though.

    Shadowfire
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    Disappointed that turtles cabinet only has 2 games on it. Seems like they could have added a few more konami beat em ups that were 4 players

    I imagine the TMNT licenses (both the property itself and the games) and the tracking down thereof was expensive enough, and adding anymore would have eaten into the profit margin. That's just speculation on my part, though.

    Or that Nickelodeon might object to having X-Men/Simpsons/etc. on the same box as them, which would be seen as diluting the brand's impact or such crap.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    JazzZonugal
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    Disappointed that turtles cabinet only has 2 games on it. Seems like they could have added a few more konami beat em ups that were 4 players

    I imagine the TMNT licenses (both the property itself and the games) and the tracking down thereof was expensive enough, and adding anymore would have eaten into the profit margin. That's just speculation on my part, though.

    Or that Nickelodeon might object to having X-Men/Simpsons/etc. on the same box as them, which would be seen as diluting the brand's impact or such crap.

    Sunset riders isn't licensed and konami o believe

  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Goes both ways, TMNT might not want to be associated with random Konami games.

  • ZonugalZonugal The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Do you folks have an ideal Arcade1Up cabinet?

    Like, what's the best thing they could put out for you?

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm biased because I am building my own MAME cab, but I think any cabinet that was limited to just a few games would be really restricting for me!

    steam_sig.png
    forty
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    I'm biased because I am building my own MAME cab, but I think any cabinet that was limited to just a few games would be really restricting for me!

    I'm interested in a 1up to do this.. really want to catch a sf2 for 74. So sad I missed out I has forgotten about brick seek

  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Do you folks have an ideal Arcade1Up cabinet?

    Like, what's the best thing they could put out for you?

    Honestly, I got my ideal cabinets. TMNT and Star Wars were my two favorite arcade games.

    I guess an unrealistic answer would be a collection of every beat em up game. I can't get enough of those.

    Switch friend code: SW-2978-3296-1491
    PSN: RidleySaria
    forty
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Do you folks have an ideal Arcade1Up cabinet?

    Like, what's the best thing they could put out for you?

    They already did, the Star Wars cabinet. I just don't have the room for one (even though they are mini).

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
Sign In or Register to comment.