Options

Plug 'n Play Paradise: The Most 'Mini' Thing About Genesis Mini 2 Is How Many They'll Make

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Apparently the PSP and iOS version of Lunar: Silver Star Story uses WD's script, but redoes the voice acting?

vai0chh7sig9.png

So I won't get my hopes up for the Sega CD versions to make it to the US version of the mini 2. But it sure would be neat!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    SteevL wrote: »
    Apparently the PSP and iOS version of Lunar: Silver Star Story uses WD's script, but redoes the voice acting?

vai0chh7sig9.png

So I won't get my hopes up for the Sega CD versions to make it to the US version of the mini 2. But it sure would be neat!

So... we could get them with the text, but the original VA? Though if WD is defunct now, maybe the rights automatically go back to GA?

Also, the PSP version was retranslated by XSeed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ah, I missed the differentiation between the PSP and iOS versions there.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I think the trouble is that hacking new VA back into the Sega CD version could be more work than they'd get paid for.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I think the trouble is that hacking new VA back into the Sega CD version could be more work than they'd get paid for.

I think most would be happy with the text alone, even if it means JP VA, though losing John Truitt as Ghaleon would be a blow(and I don't think the cutscenes have subs, not to mention the in-game voice with just sprites).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So... just found out that this thing is apparently not available to Canadians. Not through Amazon.com, at least, and we don't get our own listing on .ca. Again.

I... am not pleased with this.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    So... just found out that this thing is apparently not available to Canadians. Not through Amazon.com, at least, and we don't get our own listing on .ca. Again.

Nightmare scenario, maybe someone here would be willing to get it for you as a proxy?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Nightmare scenario, maybe someone here would be willing to get it for you as a proxy?

I'll try to get one for you.
    Edit: The US version is in the Amazon store and still available to pre-order. I have it in my check-out cart right now. Give me the word and I'll pull the trigger. We can work out the details later.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Forgot to mention @LBD_Nytetrayn for the above post.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm literally waiting to see if we get the Lunars on the US version, if not, I miiight get the JP one since I've never played those versions.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Forgot to mention @LBD_Nytetrayn for the above post.

Thanks, but you don't have to do that for me just yet. ^^;;

While I doubt the situation will change, I would like to hear more of what we're getting, since this one's more expensive. It's really more the principle of the thing; the way they handled the SEGA CD/Tower of Power add-on for the Mini 1 was bad enough, but this is just insulting, particularly having the gall to label it "For sales in North America." That, at the moment, they've managed to top how badly the TurboGrafx-16 mini was handled impresses me.

Curiously, I just now tried to search for the Genesis Mini 2 again (to check the wording), and no result for it came back.

I'll be sure to let you know if we go for it, though. Thanks! =)

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    You have no idea how much of a pain it is to find a decent priced replacement controller for the A500 mini. I was trying to get one from Retrogames, but it is absurd.

You can use a Buffalo controller. So, I may say screw it.

You can also use 8bitdo's wireless adapter and hook a wide variety of Bluetooth controllers to it.

It seems like the A500 mini uses some kind of standard interface.

I was just trying to get a controller that was made for it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    If you really want the Genesis Mini 2, you'd better order it now - Sega said they're only shipping one tenth as many Mini 2s in North America as the original Mini.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I wish they would announce more games for the US version. I'm looking at all these old WD games being announced and we have no clue if we'll see them on the US version. I'm really hoping so as I need easy access to the Lunar games. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I wish they would announce more games for the US version. I'm looking at all these old WD games being announced and we have no clue if we'll see them on the US version. I'm really hoping so as I need easy access to the Lunar games. :(

Since it's officially a Japan-only release, apparently, what's the betting the monkey's paw does its part and the games are included, but only in Japanese? I mean, hopefully not as at least those ones are badged as Genesis, not Mega Drive, but still...

Jazz on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    There is a separate North America list. If it's anything like how the mini 1 worked though, both region lists will be included on every console, no translations provided for regional exclusives though.

Snatcher as an "NA exclusive" would be pretty damn sweet. Would mirror the Japanese version on the PCE mini.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Eh, I went ahead and pre-ordered one from Amazon Japan since I had some credit over there and wanted a book that I was eyeing up. Shipping wasn't so bad since it is split between this and the book, plus the overall price was cheaper than the US Amazon price.

I just have to remember to pay off the balance while the dollar is high.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    There is a separate North America list. If it's anything like how the mini 1 worked though, both region lists will be included on every console, no translations provided for regional exclusives though.

Snatcher as an "NA exclusive" would be pretty damn sweet. Would mirror the Japanese version on the PCE mini.

Ah, right, hadn't realised they'd set it up like that again. My bad!

With supply constraints etc, this seems like a weird time to release it, too...

Also, no sign of it on Amazon UK. Guessing it's import or bust over here.

Jazz on
  • Options
    I'm literally waiting just based on whether or not it includes the WD games, and I'm sure that's most everyone else.
    (And this is coming from someone who already owns most of them!)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Honestly, if that's why you're waiting, order it now. You can always cancel, but if they sell out you're screwed.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Amazon Japan says "currently unavailable" and Amazon US specifically states it's not an item they'll ship to the UK.

Yeah, if you're in a region where you can get it, get your order in now and cancel later if need be.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Amazon Japan says "currently unavailable" and Amazon US specifically states it's not an item they'll ship to the UK.

Yeah, if you're in a region where you can get it, get your order in now and cancel later if need be.

Is it one of those AJ won't ship to the UK? I'm still seeing it in stock and available.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/aw/d/B0B4D19JJ4

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Astro City Mini V get.

I hooked it up using my computer as the power supply and played some Tatsujin.

Lag didn't seem that bad but i don't really notice lag unless it's horrible. I would recommend waiting for a video by ShmupJunkie if you want lag testing before buying the thing.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Is it one of those AJ won't ship to the UK? I'm still seeing it in stock and available.

65te118x4ysl.jpg

Oh well. I probably shouldn't be buying more mini consoles anyway.

• Options
    edited August 2022

65te118x4ysl.jpg

It's letting me do it...

Ah, screw it.

7dd3jtmscvoc.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Is it only single player games on there?

• Options
    I'd be very surprised if there weren't some two-player games.

• Options
    The single controller feels so chintzy.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

At least it is a 6 button one and not 3. *Stares at Nintendo.*

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular

At least it is a 6 button one and not 3. *Stares at Nintendo.*

Specifically Nintendo of America, Japan got the 6-button one. Which I joked about because Sega had done the same thing with the Genesis Mini 1.

• Options
    I'm confused, what did NoA have to do with the Genesis 6-button controller?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Their Switch US Genesis controller was the 3 button one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Their Switch US Genesis controller
    Man, I am so out of the loop on consoles.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I tried to ship one of those Amiga Mini pads from Amazon UK and something went wrong in the mail and they could not get it to me.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular

It's part of their line of reproduction controllers to use with Nintendo Switch Online. They have NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis ones. All wireless of course.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options

It's part of their line of reproduction controllers to use with Nintendo Switch Online. They have NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis ones. All wireless of course.

Also all now explicitly compatible with Steam, incidentally.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

65te118x4ysl.jpg

It's letting me do it...

Ah, screw it.

7dd3jtmscvoc.png

If you want that physical device--which is a good enough reason in of itself--it makes sense, but as someone who already noted they prefer the original rectangular model, and has Hakchi set up for the Megadrive mini, this is very difficult to justify. You could just put the games you want on it, most obviously.

(Except the Sega mini consoles have a weird bug that any hacking--added games, removing them, whatever--breaks the input for one preincluded game, Alisia Dragoon for some unknown reason. Though you could just add another copy of the same game to fix the issue.)

• Options
    It's happening!
    We've freed Marvel Vs. Capcom 2! Bringing back the iconic fighting game that has been unavailable since 2013, MVC2 arrives on Arcade1Up with WIFI PLAY!

- Marvel vs Capcom 2™
    - Marvel vs Capcom™
    - Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter™
    - X-Men vs Street Fighter™
    - Marvel Super Heroes™
    - X-Men: Children of the ATOM™
    - X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse™
    - Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems™

No price yet, I'm assuming $599 but we'll see.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    It's happening!
    We've freed Marvel Vs. Capcom 2! Bringing back the iconic fighting game that has been unavailable since 2013, MVC2 arrives on Arcade1Up with WIFI PLAY!

- Marvel vs Capcom 2™
    - Marvel vs Capcom™
    - Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter™
    - X-Men vs Street Fighter™
    - Marvel Super Heroes™
    - X-Men: Children of the ATOM™
    - X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse™
    - Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems™

No price yet, I'm assuming $599 but we'll see.

As cool as an arcade cabinet with all these games is, I think I'd rather just have them all ported to console.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I mean, yes. Sure.

But I miss arcades, and I've thought about these cabs for a while now. This is the one I'm going to finally get.