As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Breaking into HDT is going to be quite the project! I used a halidom materials calculator to figure out what I need to max out some of my buildings and now I fear I'm going to be doing Imperial Onslaught for eternity.

I also need to figure out exactly what people mean by Chimeratech weapons, I assume that is either the Agito stuff I haven't unlocked yet or something from Void battles which I haven't really figured out yet.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    The chimera line of void bosses culminates in chimeratech weapons which, if maxed, are more than enough to attempt either HMS or Volk standard. Right now you can only get fire weapons, but another branch should appear soon.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I had something like 100 hustle hammers and a late amount of resources from the event so I forced all my elemental buildings up to 31 for the new models, except water because I blew a bunch on characters.

Now I'm Halidom 9 and about 100 from the next upgrade

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Is there an order I'm supposed to tackle the Chimera bosses in or am I going for whatever is up that day?

I know with normal void battles there is an order that you make weapons to resist effects and such, I think I saved an image to that effect on my tablet.

Khildith on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    There's a progression guide you can look at.

Or you can grind up your dojos and shrines, make T4/5 weapons, and ignore the mechanics in every void battle except Agni. That's my path!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey I just unlocked those! I uh can only beat the blazing ghost one right now so I guess it makes sense that there's some kind of progression to follow

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Never got DK Wrath and because of this current “not really an event” event I have a whole 40 Wyrmite to my name.

It use to be so easy to build up a pile of free currency. Whered it all go!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So I'm tempted to Dream Summon Delphi since I never got one and I hear this poison thing with a Dark team can do some crazy DPS. Also I got the MH Dark Dragon so I guess that's really good for him? Does he need some specific units to go with him though? Right now my shadow team is Gleo, Yuten, Ieyatsu, and Heinwald so it's pretty stacked but I feel like I just picked all the cool Dark characters and I'm missing synergy.

• Options
    Heinwald is very good as a healer and damage bonus, and Gleo continues to dominate. If you dropped Yaten for Delphi, he would synergize with Ieyasu very well.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    Never got DK Wrath and because of this current “not really an event” event I have a whole 40 Wyrmite to my name.

six limited banners in a span of eight banners, which is the greediest thing they have ever done.
    christmas, new years, *flames of reflection*, *kirsty*, Luca gala, monhun 1, monhun 2, valentine's banner.

i decided i didn't want DY!Malora that much so i managed to save there, hit NY for everything, ignore Flames and Kirsty banner,
    get G.Luca, hit both monhun banners for everything, and get just addis off valentine's banner (i kinda want melody but will never use her).

i still have some stash but ngl, i got super lucky on gala and monhun 1 & 2. the rest is strategy.

• Options
    Yeah the MonHun banners destroyed me; I have a scarce handful of tickets and under 1200 wyrmite. It's basically scrounge every bit I can and hope the gravy train pulls up in time for the next gala at the end of March. Assuming they are at the end of every 2nd month like I think they are?

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Reigner wrote: »

six limited banners in a span of eight banners, which is the greediest thing they have ever done.
    christmas, new years, *flames of reflection*, *kirsty*, Luca gala, monhun 1, monhun 2, valentine's banner.

i decided i didn't want DY!Malora that much so i managed to save there, hit NY for everything, ignore Flames and Kirsty banner,
    get G.Luca, hit both monhun banners for everything, and get just addis off valentine's banner (i kinda want melody but will never use her).

i still have some stash but ngl, i got super lucky on gala and monhun 1 & 2. the rest is strategy.

Last year wasn't that different really. Gala, new years, Valentine were all up against each other. And everyone kinda assumed the same thing would happen this year.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    yeah usually christmas into NY into filler into valentine's is a common gacha thing.
    the addition of the crossover in here is what pushes it a bit over the top.

i don't think it's bad, even, just comparatively lucrative.
    which is maybe good? they do need revenue from time to time.

edit: also yeah gala is every 2 months or so.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    I'm hoping they do another half stamina double drops event for IO so I can drop all my stamina items on autobattling my way through em!

I'm not sure I can keep chasing the Gala banners though, no Gleo still but I have pretty much everyone else.

• Options
    I still don't have Mym. :(

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    aye i was able to kill the mushroom today because my fire team is way better than my dark team was. going places.

actually i have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

still largely just hitting story stuff but i just passed chapter 10 and it seems like i'm in the "full game access start working on all these different grinds" part of the life cycle now

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I still don't have Mym. :(

i'm not always missing limited characters, but when i am it's both versions of Mym.

(also DY Malora and Valentine's Melody.)
    (i was missing literally every gala character until the anniversary rerun though.)

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Now that the MH event is over, it is safe to use stones to max unbind Fatalis, so I did that to put it on Delphi. I also figured I'd do Delphi's mana spiral while I'm at it to really maximize him. Now my dark team is level 100 Cassandra, Heinwald, and Delphi along with level 80 Curran, who I'd love to also get up to level 100 but I'm running low on Champion testaments again. Now my dark team is over 28k might, which is already approaching my fire team's might, and that should go up even more once the dark chimeratech weapons become available this weekend.

• Options
    the valentine's event put me in a grinding mood, so i finally did it.

my halidom is complete except for the fafnir statues.
    every altar, dojo, dracolith, slime statue, event facility, even Volk's tree.

not sure what i'm going to spend stamina on once i cap out my gold (currently at 42m).
    void battles, maybe.

my only regret is that i have 119 hustle hammers left over.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    the valentine's event put me in a grinding mood, so i finally did it.

my halidom is complete except for the fafnir statues.
    every altar, dojo, dracolith, slime statue, event facility, even Volk's tree.

not sure what i'm going to spend stamina on once i cap out my gold (currently at 42m).
    void battles, maybe.

my only regret is that i have 119 hustle hammers left over.

Noice... and yeah, I have a ton of hammers too (my base is fully upgraded except for the HDT statues - tho the Volk tree is fully upgraded! Apparently it caps at 15). I've been mainly using them for event buildings whenever facility events pop up.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I got to that point recently too. Now my quest is to at least get each of the dragon fafnir statues (leveling them will come later since that takes a ridiculous amount of materials). I just got the water one last night to go along with wind, fire, and light that I already have. Now I only need to get dark, which means trying to figure out that fight. I may run light next week instead so that I can get enough materials to get a better Zodiark killer knife for Mitsuhide.

• Options
    I still need light and shadow... those two fights kind of confound me... :/

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I think the ultimate grind would be a max UB HDT T2 weapon for each weapon type/element combo.

• Options
    So managed to beat my first Volk standard. Should I just be hoarding this currency to build the Agito weapons or investing in the Flame Tree first?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    So managed to beat my first Volk standard. Should I just be hoarding this currency to build the Agito weapons or investing in the Flame Tree first?

Flame tree - 100%. The only one that's even remotely hard to get is the gold-background material (since it's mainly from the weekly chests) and the flame tree barely requires any of it (maybe like 15 total for only the last couple levels? It caps at level 15). You can use chimeratech in the mean time which at MUB is just as good (if not better than?) a no-bind 6*.

But yeah, Flame Tree will boost your entire fire team by quite a bit vs. improving one character maybe eventually once you can get a couple merges into the weapon. And even doing the Flame Tree doesn't set you back very far on merging.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I’ve been spending the last couple days grinding out hard and very hard story mode.

Around ch 6 in VH now

• Options
    Shadow Chimera is up now, also a new batch of catchup quests.

got my T1 0 unbounds for Ieyasu and Gala Cleo after the first couple plays.

man... I JUST got my money built back up some too... guess i need to farm gold again.

• Options
    i managed to get last hit on ebon chimera with G.Luca's s1.

the cool guy walking away from explosions energy was so strong someone hit For Real?!

• Options
    Oh good. My light team can autobattle the shadow chimera without any issues. And I have 20 steaks leftover from the MH event. Time to grind out a bunch of weapons!

• Options
    I haven't tried to auto the expert yet, but it's super easy. My light team is almost as stacked as my dark team, though.

• Options
    Yay shadow chimeratech! Oh god this grind tho.... (but yeah, at least my light team can autobattle expert no problem)

I rolled on the valentine's banner a couple times with all the free story wyrmite. I got two dupe 5*s :/ One was Valentine's Hildegarde which I already had :( At least it was a focus unit? *shrug* I dunno if I wanna bother continuing - I did get Melody already which was the main one I wanted.

Also that story chapter was pretty coo, though very short.

• Options
    Tried but I can't reliably auto expert. If blind hits Luca it's all done.

Oh well, I don't mind jamming my fingers for a while!

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    @Cururu , what is the make up of your light team?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    @Cururu , what is the make up of your light team?

Mitsuhide, Chitose, Hildegarde, and Gala Luca. Prior to getting Gala Luca I was using Summer Cleo, who worked well. Basically anyone that can paralyze is good for working with Mitsuhide. She is a blender of death.

Cururu on
  • Options
    20 MH steaks (and 40 million gold) later, I now have a MUB tier 2 dark chimeratech staff (for Heinwald) and a 0UB tier 2 dark chimeratch weapon of each other type. My dark team has gone from 28,577 might to 32, 449 might. That'll do!

• Options
    edited February 2020
    God dammit I forgot how expensive Chimeratech is to craft... Rip like 20 million gold I guess... and that's like one and a half T2 MUB? (wand and half a blade). Turned in a bunch of void leaves to get enough gold to finish the blade, but of course, now I'm out of chimera materials to make a dagger, so back to the endless grind T_T

I tried crafting chimera bane lance and dagger to see if it'd speed up my auto battles. TBH I didn't really notice a difference? Maybe it's going faster? *shrug* In theory they should be doing more damage now since they were using Core/Void HD Bane weapons before (so this should be similar power level + the chimera bane bonus)... but it wasn't as noticeable as I was hoping :( Also getting real sick of wanting to craft bane weapons (or some other effect) and flat out them not being available in the weapon type I want :/ There's literally no ebon chimera bane swords :/ Also holy shit I don't want to farm that whatever Eolden or whatever it's called ever again. Those damn weapons take soooooooooooooooooooooo many fucking materials to make. I was about to give up when I realized I could trade some of my surplus of gold mats for the silver mats (of which each weapon merge needed freaking *75* - and of course the bulk price was in the initial crafting and what do you know, the dagger is brand new so he's literally never dropped one for me before :/ At least I was able to save some mats on the lance by upgrading previous lance drops and using those silver bars for t2 merges).

I'm also seriously like about 90% on the way towards doing a massive weapon purge. It's getting really annoying running over the cap over and over because I don't want to throw out all the random shit the void bosses drop (for reasons like the above paragraph). But it's almost not worth the hassle either :/

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm also seriously like about 90% on the way towards doing a massive weapon purge. It's getting really annoying running over the cap over and over because I don't want to throw out all the random shit the void bosses drop (for reasons like the above paragraph). But it's almost not worth the hassle either :/

do what i did, lock all the weapon skin weapons and then feed your next weapon upgrade everything up through 4*.
    once you reach teams with chimeratech / HDT tier you won't need anything 4* or below basically ever again.
    i still have about a hundred junk weapons but it's better, at least.

• Options

do what i did, lock all the weapon skin weapons and then feed your next weapon upgrade everything up through 4*.
    once you reach teams with chimeratech / HDT tier you won't need anything 4* or below basically ever again.

You know you don’t have to keep weapons to use the skins. It keeps a library of all the weapons you’ve owned/made over time for that.

• Options
    edited February 2020

You know you don’t have to keep weapons to use the skins. It keeps a library of all the weapons you’ve owned/made over time for that.

^ dis (not that I don't keep them anyways :P)

But also the void weapons still have purpose in some of the fights. Void Agni in particular is kind of a bitch without it. Void Jeanne D'Arc is also a pain without at least one enervate weapon. Whatever ones I made for Void Nidhogg also helped a lot (his normal fight is easy to auto but his expert fight is kind of a bitch).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I tried doing Void Agni without his weapon because lol ranged right?

Yeah no that didn't turn out so good

This discussion has been closed.