Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah some of the void dragon fights are a bitch without the weapons for them. Most are pretty easy to just power through.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i'm cautiously dipping my toes in the doing void battles through co-op world because those endeavors just showed up to do them and i like rewards.

so i was able to clear the hermit/catoblepas just now with no real hassle. and now i'm just pushing to see howfar i can get this w ay

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm also seriously like about 90% on the way towards doing a massive weapon purge. It's getting really annoying running over the cap over and over because I don't want to throw out all the random shit the void bosses drop (for reasons like the above paragraph). But it's almost not worth the hassle either :/

do what i did, lock all the weapon skin weapons and then feed your next weapon upgrade everything up through 4*.
    once you reach teams with chimeratech / HDT tier you won't need anything 4* or below basically ever again.
    i still have about a hundred junk weapons but it's better, at least.

I have over 10k gold whestones. At this point I sell all the 2-3* stuff that drops. I wish there was a toggle that would make those weapons auto-sell after a quest. Same with Wyrmprints.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    idk, doing void agni with a MUB HDT1 isn't that hard :rotate:

in other news, now that i have a MUB chimeratech wand, i actually have to... LEARN?!
    people complain about gleo cheese as if HJP isn't an enormous nightmare chicken.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I finally went through and cleared out any non 5* weapons I had that didn't have a void-focused ability so now I can clear stuff out more easily going forward by just eating/selling anything not locked

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So one of the Dark Chimera bane weapons that's available is the Spear. So I figured this would be a good opportunity to try out the one MH unit I got; Hunter Vanessa.
    Spent yesterday running it enough to get enough mats to make four T2 weapons.

This morning, went to do my two dailies of the regular dragon trials. Figured I'd do Light since I used a few doing Vanessa's mana circles. Then I had a weird thought... I don't remember doing mana circles for Vanessa.
    Go check out the unit.. turns out I did all those runs yesterday with her at level 1 and 0 mana circles unlocked. Oops.
    Well she got like 40 free levels out of the exp from the event, so that's something. Good on the AI for dodging a lot I guess?

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    With all these new weapons my gold is really hurting and I don't know a good way to grind it back up quickly. T.T

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Void leaves can be traded in for gold.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    They'll have another 2x gold dungeon event eventually, which is good for turbo gold grinding. Also, while I'm not swimming in gold, I did manage to pretty much make back all of the gold I spent on the fire chimeratech weapons just in time to spend the same amount making dark chimeratech weapons, and that was mostly just from using up my stamina and wings each day on whatever the current event was.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Void leaves can be traded in for gold.

Yeah this is what I've been doing. I have so many leaves built up I'll be set for quite awhile (plus I have a bunch of seeds just sitting around that I could make into leaves... should totally do that). The nice thing is running chimera reinforces the leaves/seed pickup (plus 2x drops) so you kind of fund it as you go.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    i understand the odds and logic on normal banners and such but having just started i figured this dragon banner was good because i didn't super care which one of the options i got and they'd all be helpful with where i am progressing, though of note i already had 1 siren.

I now have 1 MUB siren (I used a key too) and 1 base siren.

I did 3 10-pulls, i got 4 5* dragons. I beat the odds. I guess.

• Options
    Is there some known weirdness with the speed settings on autoplay? I fail at both chimeras if I'm at 2x speed because I run out of time, but if I slow it down to 1.2 or 1.5 I succeed almost every time with well over a minute to spare. It's weird. I'm guessing it has to do with skill usage, but I honestly can't figure it out.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I think the speed settings mess with the iFrames and damage output on some skills, but I haven't done a detailed analysis.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    After much struggling, I’ve beaten 4 of the 5 master trials. Managed to get Zodiark yesterday, so I have the mats for (and the ingots to MUB) an HDT2 shadow weapon. I feel like I should go ahead and do the wand for Cleo, but I think I’m going to hold off until the next Agito drops to see how the meta shakes out. I’m in a position now where I have an HDT2 for flame, but lances aren’t meta so trying to break into expert volk is nearly impossible. Want to avoid the same situation for shadow.

When I wasn’t trying to get my first kill on Zodiark, I was grinding out Brunhilda to work on another flame HDT2. My once endless stores of ingots is pretty low now, though. Enough for 2 more MUBs and then it’s back to grinding.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Motherf--

Bought the dream summon, picked Delphi, used the summon ticket and pulled...Delphi.

I mad.

• Options
    I used the last dream summon to get shinobi and mubd him with stones. Then got two more in the next couple weeks.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I joined an mHBH room filtered on bows with my MH!Sarisse, hosted by a G!Elly with 2 other MH!Sarisses. They spammed stickers to indicate I should stay, so I shrugged and did.

...And hot damn. You break around the 4th volcano, after Grand X the bows use their dragon to survive the chaser, and Elly takes the homing circle. She dies somewhere between then and the second round of volcanoes. Fastest, most consistent clears I’ve done.

Russad on
  • Options
    Looks like the event is fire enemies, but we’re getting a blade/wand boosting facility, similar to the seabed stage.

I honestly just want them to rerun the circus. It’s the only event facility I’m missing.

• Options
    My Xania is happy

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Cool blade and wand will help my Ieyasu and G Cleo even more lol

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Does that mean the event gives a new permanent facility? The monster Hunter one was the first I'd been around for so I'm not sure what events are like.

Hey I just realized. I bought a welcome bundle because I decided the game had given me enough enjoyment to pay for it. That gave me gems that I was just gonna use on a 10 pull but it's the same to do the dream summon with the gems, get to pick a 5* and then have a 10pull voucher.

So I don't know who to choose. My wind, light and dark feel like my weakest squads and victor/Delphi seem like popular picks from what I've seen. Not sure what good light options are in this selection.

I could also get either a wind dragon because I only have 1 vayu, or a dark dragon where I have fatalis and the Valentine one but they seem to have weird downsides so like shinobi would be a general good stuff pick?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Does that mean the event gives a new permanent facility? The monster Hunter one was the first I'd been around for so I'm not sure what events are like.

Hey I just realized. I bought a welcome bundle because I decided the game had given me enough enjoyment to pay for it. That gave me gems that I was just gonna use on a 10 pull but it's the same to do the dream summon with the gems, get to pick a 5* and then have a 10pull voucher.

So I don't know who to choose. My wind, light and dark feel like my weakest squads and victor/Delphi seem like popular picks from what I've seen. Not sure what good light options are in this selection.

I could also get either a wind dragon because I only have 1 vayu, or a dark dragon where I have fatalis and the Valentine one but they seem to have weird downsides so like shinobi would be a general good stuff pick?

So, *definitely* do the Dream Summon with the diamantium, there is no better use than that and you get a guaranteed 5*.

The 'good' light dragons depend on the adventurers you want, as there are different 'categories' of dragons (raw STR, raw HP, mix of each, STR/crit, skill haste, force strike, blah blah blah). You can see the list here (https://dragalialost.gamepedia.com/Dragon_List). Skill damage dragons are among the most powerful right now, but it depends on if the adventurer who pairs with the dragon *wants* skill damage. For example, Victor wants Vayu because skill damage buffs his bleed damage, but Delphi wants Fatalis (and doesn't shapeshift with him, I guess) for strength because his hits and poison applications come from force strikes.

For skill damage dragons you have Shinobi, Konohana Sakuya, Siren, Vayu (there is no light SD dragon yet).

The current 'best' light dragons are Daikokuten (STR, flurry punisher, attack speed skill), Cupid (highest STR, heal skill), and Corsaint Phoenix (STR and paralysis punisher), with Gilgamesh close behind (and Takemikazuchi situtionally useful depending on the fight).

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Facility events have you collect materials that drop from event quests. You use those to build and upgrade a facility. The facility is permanent, you keep it at whatever level you had it when the event ended. They generally provide two bonuses. One is an event specific bonus that increases damage to event enemies based on the level of the facility. The other is generally an adventurer upgrade. Most of these are similar to the elemental altars - providing a boost to adventurer hp and strength for a given element. This one is similar to one from last summer, providing a boost to hp and strength for specific weapon types.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    So I finally decided to dump all of my resources into a single unit. Champ testaments, Dragon Stones, augments for everything. I chose Delphi and have him sitting pretty at 8300 might. Max Mana Circle, MUB Fatalis, MUB Chimera Weapon etc.

Only to find out I just legit suck at playing endgame. Cant stay alive for HJPStandard or the new Agito fight

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    HJP looks tougher to navigate for melee units, which is why I went all in on Heinwald. I'm able to do pretty well with him against HJP. I haven't tried the new Agito fight yet, but I'm hoping he works for that one too.

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    So, I got the new 4 star character and the new dragon, but no luck yet on the 5 star. Agree that we need a rerun of the circus event!

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    So I finally decided to dump all of my resources into a single unit. Champ testaments, Dragon Stones, augments for everything. I chose Delphi and have him sitting pretty at 8300 might. Max Mana Circle, MUB Fatalis, MUB Chimera Weapon etc.

Only to find out I just legit suck at playing endgame. Cant stay alive for HJPStandard or the new Agito fight

It's not that you suck at endgame, you just happened to pick the absolute hardest one to start with. High Jupiter is a pile of bullshit so high that the "expected" clear is three Gala Cleo and a Delphi.

• Options
    Or four GLeos for the cheese.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I have no idea what character to focus on first. I'm in the "able to kill the chimeras" stage of the game and I have one good weapon to kill zephyr with mikoto so I'm working to get high midgar bane mats and also I have a 5* MUB sword for euden (thanks to rathalos trial drop) and a 5* 0 unbind water spear for celi because the last story chapter required me to craft it.

I've been really liking Fleur for chimera fighting. She seems fun and a pretty popular choice.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Even Water Sarisse didn't last long before being blasted off the top of the DPS charts. Lily is just off in the corner crying because she's been made obsolete in one swoop.

Because now is the meta of PIPPLE!

• Options
    I've had pipple for five minutes but if anything were to happen to them I'd kill everyone and then myself dot gif

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So I tried that new Agito in solo just to kind of get a feel for how the fight goes.. Um, I almost beat it... this one is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than Volk. He doesn't fucking one shot you with all his attacks. I think if I can wrangle the CPU to be a little less stupid ("Derrr, those glowy orbs look pretty! I'm gonna run into them!!") I could totally solo this.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OG Cleo with her 70 mana circle unlocked is a beast. That 25% def + Regen is very nice.

• Options
    I uh didn't realize how easy to craft the chimeratech weapons were once you spent a day or two killing chimeras... Anyway now my dark team is by far my strongest

• Options
    so uh apparently, word on the street is that

PIPPLE

is top tier.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    so uh apparently, word on the street is that

PIPPLE

is top tier.

No joke Pipple is pretty nuts. And only needs a 4* non limited wyrmprint to get the most bang for your buck.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Feels like they kinda fucked up with Kai Yan -- he's way undertuned. Cleared expert on my second try (first time seeing phase 2) with a Chimeratech Patia. Went back in with the standard Nef/Gleo/Patia/Patia comp and steamrolled it in under 2.5 minutes. Never in any danger of dying, despite making some big mistakes that would've gotten me killed in any other fight. (I still don't understand some of his moves, but it doesn't matter, on account of the constant defense buffs and regen.)

Even if you don't consider yourself "endgame-ready", you can handle this fight.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't really know what to do to progress from where I'm at. I've been just farming void battles and I'm now at the point where I'm able to solo the early ones and co-op the manticores/chimeras, and I've done all of the standard void dragons, and a couple on expert, but I haven't touched any of the prelide/STD HDTs yet or unlocked agitos. I can't find lobbies for the preludes I assume most people only do those once and I wanted to clear them before trying standard

I've 5* a couple of the better 4* units I've liked but eldwater is still a bit of a bottleneck so I'm trying to keep enough to buy prints as I learn what's good on people. Thinking I'll promote Fleur or patia next. I also unlocked eudens spiral but yeah, eldwater bottleneck

Right now I have these characters at 5*

Euden, mikoto, xania, verica
    Ellisane, laranoa, pipple
    Victor, gala ranzal, hawke
    Chitose, Lucretia
    Nefaria

Dk.rathalos, rathalos mub,
    siren mub, Levi, nimis,
    vayu,
    Liger, Cupid,
    Epimetheus, fatalis, cthonious, nidhog

I have a 5* MUB core fire sword thanks to the mh event trials, and I just made my first couple CT weapons before realizing I had a money bottleneck so now I'm trying to figure out what to prioritize but also I'm probably going to make the full suite as I have the resources because some classes are using fatalis weapons still and even off element, CT is stronger

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    you're probably in the facilities grind section of the game.
    focus on leveling up your altars and dojos, and work on completing a chimeratech weapon for your HDT character.

people don't play the standard HDTs very much, mostly they're the gate to expert now.
    prelude is technically there so you can learn the patterns but they don't provide any useful currency so no one does them.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Is Chimeratech so good that you can just skip over the HDT specific weapons and go straight to them?

This discussion has been closed.