edited March 2020
    Roughly it’s

T1 Chimera
    T1 HDT
    T2 Chimera
    Big gap
    T2 HDT
    T1 Agito (6*)

On fire swords for example T2 Chimera is around 290 str base. T2 HDT is more like 450. Then Agito is like 460.

So you can pretty easily skip tier 1 HDT and save to go straight to T2 once Chimera weapons are available for an element.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Based on that list, I think you're talking about the weapons that use mats from HDT when I was talking about the weapons that use mats from Void battles that have buffs for tackling HDT. For example, is Dirge of Desperation better than Chimeratech Scherzo for fighting High Jupiter?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tried playing some Delphi and wow Daggers just kind of feel like a runaway lawn mower I seldom have any control over as they wheel around at random

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Tried playing some Delphi and wow Daggers just kind of feel like a runaway lawn mower I seldom have any control over as they wheel around at random

Daggers can kind of feel that way but there's a shitload of mobility in them. They're easier to cancel out of any attack, and if you go the full combo you can actually control the direction of the backflip. Also, Delphi is extra weird because he's more about playing keepaway. His skills are always charging regardless of if you're hitting or not. So zip in, attack a couple times, get out. Drop the poison when it's available. He doesn't give a shit about his dragon form, just enabling everyone else's poison damage and jacking up the enemy himself.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Opty wrote: »
    Based on that list, I think you're talking about the weapons that use mats from HDT when I was talking about the weapons that use mats from Void battles that have buffs for tackling HDT. For example, is Dirge of Desperation better than Chimeratech Scherzo for fighting High Jupiter?

yes, maxed-out Dirge is slightly better than Scherzo,
    but it's largely irrelevant in the face of max Oratorio being comparable to Dirge, far cheaper to make, and higher might.

also they're both not great because eHJP is a nightmare and you almost need an HDT1 to beat it anyway.

edit: oh my goodness Kai Yan is easy when you know his patterns.
    i have heard rumors that expert Kai Yan can be beaten with a maxed chimeratech, but reddit is also full of people who are Gud.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Ok, good, that's what I want to hear, then I can skip over making the +30% weapons for fire and shadow and just go straight for the T2 Chimeratech

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Kai Yan can definitely be done with CT2 and the comps are VERY flexible.

EDIT: Just did my first experts with CT2 Nefaria. My girl is finally living her best undead life. I'm unsure whether to make two Agito weapons with the 60 gold fragments, start with one 1UB Agito, or stick some in the tree.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    tree for sure.

CT2 is almost the same as 0UB Agito, whereas tree + CT2 is stronger.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey I cleared a standard HMS! I was definitely carried though but now I can open the agito menu and see that it won't let me do any of them because my might is too low. Progress

• Options
    Did a Standard HMS and actually went very smooth, so I did an Expert run next and wiped that one out too. I'll hope off on Master until I have better weapons though, I can do Expert for tails to make HDT2 stuff.

• Options
    You can get tails, but you have to finish one master to get enough horns for the first hdt2.

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    You can get tails, but you have to finish one master to get enough horns for the first hdt2.

Ah, so I'm just getting the Fafnir statues then.

Can't even get into Master HMS at the moment anyway. I somehow died in the opening blast of Expert even with the damage reduction print on, so Master would definitely annihilate me.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Wow, you guys aren't kidding. It took a couple tries, but I was able to beat standard Kai Yan with auto-battle. It would have been even easier if the AI wasn't actively running into the circling orbs. Hopefully that means the Expert groups will be more willing to accept people. I still can't get into an Expert Volk room since spears are considered "non-meta" and I put my weapon resources into Mym.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Opty wrote: »

Yeah, Chimeratech blows void weapons out of the water. If you can get a maxed out one, you're basically using that until HDT2 or a 6* (I think the 6* also needs a merge or two to be better than a fully merged t2 Chimeratech)

Side note, this game hates me and refuses to give me a group that can clear standard High Zodiark *sigh* It's the only standard I haven't cleared yet :/ All the groups just really, really suck, which doesn't help when I also suck, but not as bad as most of the other people...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hey I actually did a sHMS and felt like I was contributing.

Except the one part where I was playing xania and got one shot by the opener and the stacking attack... That was with a glorious tempest as my second print too

I assumed just under 2k hp was fine for standard. Maybe I should augment her. Or just stay patient while I work on all these dojos

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    2K isn't going to work at all unless you have the print *and* a lance *and* maybe an axe in the party.

When in doubt, use this: https://dragalialost.info/stats/en

tuxkamen on

• Options
    Yeah. The fight was easy after I revived at least lol but it was worrisome... This calculator is cool though. It's showing me how big an impact the facilities have on overall strength.

I also just finally got enough Agni drops to finish eudens spiral so maybe I'll stick to him for a bit while I build up the eldwater to finish a second character's circle. I can make a ct1 sword for him right now but I'm also strapped for cash so I can't Max it yet

• Options
    I just capped out the Agito bow for Nefaria. Bah gaw, Jimmy.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Anyone have an idea which new water unit is better (I know the real answer is Pipple) It's about time to finally retire Fjorm, but her Freeze still proves invaluable. If one of the new ones is a categorical improvement then it might be time to replace her. Reddit seems too busy bitching about everything being a split banner for me to suss out any real info.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Reigner wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea which new water unit is better (I know the real answer is Pipple) It's about time to finally retire Fjorm, but her Freeze still proves invaluable. If one of the new ones is a categorical improvement then it might be time to replace her. Reddit seems too busy bitching about everything being a split banner for me to suss out any real info.

Better than what? Pipple is supposed to be stupid good tho from what I've been hearing.

I'm currently running Gala Elly, Lily (may replace with Pipple?), Xander and Jiang Ziya. I also hear Hunter Sarisse is good.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Better than Fjorm.

Current line-up is Hunter Sarisse, GElly, Nurse Aileen, and Fjorm. Fjorm feels like the weak link here.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Better than Fjorm.

Current line-up is Hunter Sarisse, GElly, Nurse Aileen, and Fjorm. Fjorm feels like the weak link here.

Ahhh, yeah, I think she got pretty power crept as time went on. I'd suggest Elly but obviously you have a Gala Elly so that won't work :P I still think Xander is a solid choice if you have him (IMO Swords are nice on any team :3). Otherwise yeah, maybe Pipple is the solution here. You don't have another caster so he'd slot in nicely.

• Options
    Depends on what else you have. Pipple will do damage like whoa. Valerio would also do damage but add some utility to your team through his buffs.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Pipple is dope once you get to 5 stacks of energy so I'm excited whenever another energy user queues in. I discovered that pipple does not have stun res so that made Agni farming the other day interesting. I had to get real good with dodging and transform just to not get stunned from the big explode everyone attack which would leave me open to the 3 columns one whick would leave me open to etc. And that made me realize expert is actually easier than normal.

I did a bunch of Poseidon overnight while I had to be up and made a Hmercury bane blade for Victor and just cleared that one for the first time too! On standard of course but it's like, progress feels good ya know. That's 2/5. That fight is way more intense than midgar was and I'm still not entirely sure what killed me at one point. We had a Melody and it was hard to see the different effects

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I finally slammed my head against Jupiter enough to get Surpasser of Elements, and had enough ingots saved up to MUB one HDT of each element thanks to the first clear rewards. Now I'm focusing all of my excess wings on Brunhilda to get a Volk-compatible HDT2. The grind to MUB an HDT2 without ingots is... a lot. I know people have been farming master a lot longer than I have, but I have a new understanding of these folks with multiple HDT2s per element.

• Options
    I finally managed to clear all of the expert High Dragons. Zodiark turned out to be easier than Jupiter (really hate that one), and my last one to complete was actually Brunhilda, oddly enough. I was trying to do it with Fjorm before, but never found any good groups. Now it is all Pipple parties, so easy enough. Now I have all of the Fafnir statues, finally, although it's going to be a while before I can max those out.

I also managed to clear expert Kai Yan. I wasn't having much luck getting into groups when queuing up as Heinwald, so I looked up the meta and found that enhanced Cleo is much better for that fight. I didn't want to invest more Champion Testaments into a getting second dark healer to max spiral, so I switched to Delphi since he was my most meta acceptable unit (that I have already invested resources into). Worked much better, and is pretty easy to PUG grind now.

The only fights I have left to clear now are expert Volk and all of the Master High Dragons. I should probably focus on Brunhilda to try to strengthen my fire people so that I can get into an expert Volk room. I've also cobbled together enough materials (after already finishing the flame tree) to make one 6* fire weapon. I'm thinking a staff since Halloween Lowen is probably my most "meta" unit for that fight.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Hey I beat standard Kai yan and it was very easy.

Then I excitedly went into volk and had no idea what the hell was going on.

But now I have a shadow tree and my patia has a 6* spear, which pairs real well with her and an odd sparrows print so that's dope.

I still don't feel like I have a hang on progression though but it's one of those things that feels a little better each step. I still haven't tried Fire/light/shadow high dragons or cleared Mercury when it wasn't an accidental hard carry but the Kai Yan clear was a big ego boost. Then soon I'll have to start on experts too

I'm just so stuck on eldwater right now so it's like euden is my only Mana spiral character and If I use the monthly gauntlet rewards I could get patia access to hers but also I need a lot of wyrmprints still and I think that makes me feel like my other characters aren't close to being ready and are just propped up by my few extra off-element CT weapons

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Volk is pretty easy once you understand it. The fight is literally "don't stand in the purple." Unfortunately it's extremely punishing if you do stand in the purple (i.e. he tends to one or two shot you). If you can dodge it's really really simple tho. (on standard anyways - also, depending on the rest of your group because holy shit I must have found the worst pubs ever last night trying to get my 3 clears...)

For whatever reason they made Kai Yan waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more forgiving which I appreciate.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Volk (at least on standard) is intimidating, since it's so unforgiving if you mess up, but he's actually not too hard once you learn the fight since he always does the exact same thing in the exact same order. Learning the fight can take a bit, though, but at least they give you one free revive.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    i'm in a weird progression place, currently sort of struggling with caps in multiple places.

i need to break into Master in the elemental circle.
    current best bet is mHBH, and i have MH!Sarisse with MUB HDT1.
    i was working on a clear before Light Agito came out, and i don't feel super worried about progressing there.

on Light/Dark: currently farming sKai, i feel slightly intimidated to try eKai because my numbers are low.
    i have a single clear of eHJP where i got hard carried (sigh) and no clears of eHZD.
    my current best units are 70mc Nef with CT2 and Gleo with CT2 for shadow, and GLuca with an off element CT2 for light.

how do i break into this?
    brute force more eHJP? farm Void for Luca and run eHZD for an HDT1 for eHJP?
    grind eKai with low numbers until I can unbind my Agito weapon?
    grind a CT2 for Patia, then clear eKai with it?

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i'm in a weird progression place, currently sort of struggling with caps in multiple places.

i need to break into Master in the elemental circle.
    current best bet is mHBH, and i have MH!Sarisse with MUB HDT1.
    i was working on a clear before Light Agito came out, and i don't feel super worried about progressing there.

on Light/Dark: currently farming sKai, i feel slightly intimidated to try eKai because my numbers are low.
    i have a single clear of eHJP where i got hard carried (sigh) and no clears of eHZD.
    my current best units are 70mc Nef with CT2 and Gleo with CT2 for shadow, and GLuca with an off element CT2 for light.

how do i break into this?
    brute force more eHJP? farm Void for Luca and run eHZD for an HDT1 for eHJP?
    grind eKai with low numbers until I can unbind my Agito weapon?
    grind a CT2 for Patia, then clear eKai with it?

Nefaria is in high demand for expert Kai Yan since she can, when upgraded into her mana spiral, dispel his shield with her force strike. If you already have her mana spiral finished, then she would be the way to go to get into most coop rooms. A tier two chimeratech weapon, even at 0 UB, is plenty good for that fight (I've been running Delphi with a 0UB tier 2 chimeratech weapon and haven't had any issues). You just need to make sure to force strike as soon as possible every time the shield comes up and you will be contributing plenty.

• Options
    Nefaria 70MC CT2 (or even Agito 0UB) is absolutely fine for eKai. The main things you need to know for her are when to apply the FS dispel and when *not* to. You can get the optimal timings down with a few iterations, but it requires some understanding of how much her FS and S1 charge her S2. The S2-powered FS also completely fills S1, so if you have full S1 you can FS->S1 while the FS is in the air->S1 again. (If your S2 is half-full, the second S1 will fill S2, so you can repeat S2, FS, S1.)

The simplest way to do it (not worrying about optimal rotation and/or whether you have a MUB Agito bow) is simply to use S2 when it's up and hold your FS until you either a) are about to fill S2 again or b) know a shield is about to pop.

• Options
    The other dispelling option for Kai Yan is normal staff Cleo, since her mana spiral adds a dispel to her force strike. Since I prefer healing when doing difficult group activities that's the way I'm thinking of going.

• Options
    I wish Champion Testaments were more prevalent. I'd love to get Cleo to 70MC since I like having the option to switch to a healer when it is hard to find one, but I've already got Heinwald at 70MC, and investing in two different healers in the same element seems like a bad use of resources.

• Options
    Crap I've had so little eldwater spare to get people to 50 nodes that I had forgotten I needed void seeds to unbind patias spiral and I just used mine to MUB a 3rd money fafnir

• Options
    New Wind Unit doesnt really excite me, but man I kinda #need Kamen Rider Dragon

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I'll admit I'm not very good at figuring out what makes a good unit in this game but..
    Is it me or does this banner basically just shit on already existing Wind units? Like the new blade user is basically just a better buffing Kirsty (who isn't even that old) and the dragon just a boosted Freyja?
    And that the unit is a blade kind of competes with Victor even though the party buffs are different.

• Options
    The interesting thing with Tobias, the new wind blade unit, is that he has a non-standard co-ability, +Buff Time instead of +Strength. So you can actually run both him and Victor on the same team with no overlap. The main downside to doing that would be needing two wind blade weapons, though, so it may not bee too reasonable. However, I already invested in Noelle for my team buffer and I have a Victor, so I don't think I'll pull too heavily for Tobias. I will pull for that dragon, though, so maybe I'll end up with Tobias anyway.

• Options
    *PSA: Gala is probably coming soon. This banner is almost certainly a trap.

• Options
    This banner is definitely a wait and see what the “day before it goes away news” entails.

Which sucks because wind is my weakest team and it feels like a wind event always drops before a Gala

Also I bet between this and the gala is one of those boring Dragon Showcase banners...

This discussion has been closed.