Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

1525355575890

Posts

  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I would invite people to North Carolina if not for my burning seething unending infinite fountain of hatred for our no good, corrupt, racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, spiteful, stupid legislature. Sorry, I blacked out seeing nothing but red there for a minute

    Because aside from that North Carolina is a pretty nice place to live. Low costs, lots of skilled labor opportunities, good community colleges to be able to apply for those skilled labor opportunities, good climate, best beaches outside of Hawaii (fight me California and Florida), best BBQ outside of nowhere. (fight me Texas and Oklahoma)

    Oh well there's also the hurricanes too.

    I spent like a decade doing a memorial day vacation with a giant group of my friends every year in Outer Banks. It really was a lovely place to relax. However, yes, after your unfortunate legislature went nuts we decide to speak with our dollars and have switched to a bit north in Virginia.

    I dunno if I would say your beaches are better than here in CA, but beach houses for rent are way better there. (in that they exist in good quantity and aren't outrageously expensive)

    steam_sig.png
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Man, I wouldn't even know where to start fighting North Carolina barbecue. It's like trying to debate whether or not sandstone is Republican, it's just not even close enough to the topic of debate to be an issue.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Man, I wouldn't even know where to start fighting North Carolina barbecue. It's like trying to debate whether or not sandstone is Republican, it's just not even close enough to the topic of debate to be an issue.

    It's interesting to me that maybe car innovations might actually dry up the used car market in the future (aside from collectors). I was thinking of this recently when considering the purchase of a hybrid car - normally I go for used first when purchasing a car, but the possibility of battery replacement has made me think used isn't a good choice with a hybrid. I guess in the case of safety features you can just go OK with the features not working if you bought an older car, but I don't know how integrated they are, if having a feature stop working would actually make the car less safe than it would be if it never had the feature.

    Jedoc
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Man, I wouldn't even know where to start fighting North Carolina barbecue. It's like trying to debate whether or not sandstone is Republican, it's just not even close enough to the topic of debate to be an issue.

    It's interesting to me that maybe car innovations might actually dry up the used car market in the future (aside from collectors). I was thinking of this recently when considering the purchase of a hybrid car - normally I go for used first when purchasing a car, but the possibility of battery replacement has made me think used isn't a good choice with a hybrid. I guess in the case of safety features you can just go OK with the features not working if you bought an older car, but I don't know how integrated they are, if having a feature stop working would actually make the car less safe than it would be if it never had the feature.

    I know from my research when I bought mine, that after the first few generations of Prius, the battery lifespan has increased dramatically. Like, to the point where they are lasting long enough that the full 'average lifespan' of the newer batteries is unknown because they rarely fail now. Also, I know in CA at least they are fully warranted until like, 125k miles.

    I believe they are also building a big new battery plant soon too.

    steam_sig.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    gonna suck for the poor when they can't get used cars as easily, and all the prices are jacked-up

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    CambiataStiltsSorceThe BetgirlRhesus PositivepimentoErin The RedDouglasDangermasterofmetroidPoketpixieTankHammerBhow
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I would invite people to North Carolina if not for my burning seething unending infinite fountain of hatred for our no good, corrupt, racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, spiteful, stupid legislature. Sorry, I blacked out seeing nothing but red there for a minute

    Because aside from that North Carolina is a pretty nice place to live. Low costs, lots of skilled labor opportunities, good community colleges to be able to apply for those skilled labor opportunities, good climate, best beaches outside of Hawaii (fight me California and Florida), best BBQ outside of nowhere. (fight me Texas and Oklahoma)

    Oh well there's also the hurricanes too.

    You have my axe
    flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    SorceCambiatapimentoGoatmonchrishallett83ZundeErin The RedmysticjuicerInfamyDeferred21stCenturySkwigelfMahnmutTankHammer
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    I can tell you that California boys and also Kentucky boys are great.

    Source: am both

    vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited February 1
    Later

    Platy on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The partner I live with has a Kentucky boyfriend, lol

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 1
    furlion wrote: »
    My wife is part of a Facebook group that is helping put on a drag queen reading for kids at a local library. The idea was to promote acceptance and that kind of stuff. Well we live in the south so things went bad pretty fast. Lots of threats, lots of parents talking out of their ass, and even some radio dj encouraging people to harass the women in the group (it is a mom group). Some of the women are pretty loaded so lawyers are already in play to get the dj fired. Probably will not happen since it was on one of the many local Christian music stations. I don't use social media so this is pretty much the only place I can talk about it. My wife and son are going, I will be at work or asleep though. There are some people in our corner but, well, the Bible belt going to bigot.

    Hey, @furlion are yall okay? Cause I am seeing stories they arrested a dude with a gun there.

    http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/2019/01/armed-man-disrupts-houston-library-during-drag-queen-storytime/

    -edit-

    It appears to have been the DJ you mentioned.

    MuddBudd on
    steam_sig.png
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I can tell you that California boys and also Kentucky boys are great.

    Source: am both

    Oh hey, technically I am too. Although that was ages ago as a young Muddbudd. Also Iowa. And Illinois... we moved a lot.

    steam_sig.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »
    My wife is part of a Facebook group that is helping put on a drag queen reading for kids at a local library. The idea was to promote acceptance and that kind of stuff. Well we live in the south so things went bad pretty fast. Lots of threats, lots of parents talking out of their ass, and even some radio dj encouraging people to harass the women in the group (it is a mom group). Some of the women are pretty loaded so lawyers are already in play to get the dj fired. Probably will not happen since it was on one of the many local Christian music stations. I don't use social media so this is pretty much the only place I can talk about it. My wife and son are going, I will be at work or asleep though. There are some people in our corner but, well, the Bible belt going to bigot.

    Hey, furlion are yall okay? Cause I am seeing stories they arrested a dude with a gun there.

    http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/2019/01/armed-man-disrupts-houston-library-during-drag-queen-storytime/

    -edit-

    It appears to have been the DJ you mentioned.

    That is not in fact my area. I am in SC rather then Texas. I don't think it will come to that as most people are all talk.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    MuddBuddkime
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »
    My wife is part of a Facebook group that is helping put on a drag queen reading for kids at a local library. The idea was to promote acceptance and that kind of stuff. Well we live in the south so things went bad pretty fast. Lots of threats, lots of parents talking out of their ass, and even some radio dj encouraging people to harass the women in the group (it is a mom group). Some of the women are pretty loaded so lawyers are already in play to get the dj fired. Probably will not happen since it was on one of the many local Christian music stations. I don't use social media so this is pretty much the only place I can talk about it. My wife and son are going, I will be at work or asleep though. There are some people in our corner but, well, the Bible belt going to bigot.

    Hey, furlion are yall okay? Cause I am seeing stories they arrested a dude with a gun there.

    http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/2019/01/armed-man-disrupts-houston-library-during-drag-queen-storytime/

    -edit-

    It appears to have been the DJ you mentioned.

    That is not in fact my area. I am in SC rather then Texas. I don't think it will come to that as most people are all talk.

    Oh, uncanny. The story was so similar I just assumed. Glad everyone is safe either way!

    steam_sig.png
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Drag queen story hours are a relatively common occurrence in libraries these days!

    Sadly, stupid bigotry is a real common occurrence everywhere.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
    furlionN1tSt4lkernever dieBrodypookaGoatmon
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Oh hells yeah, Edgar hates TERFs!

    GoatmonBrody
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    Oh hells yeah, Edgar hates TERFs!

    I can't find it now, but I saw a tweet with that scene of Edgar at the house, going

    GIVE ME FEMINISM

    WITH TRANS

    MORE

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


    Erin The Redchrishallett83ShadowenBrodyCurly_BraceMetzger MeisterGundiJaysonFourRhesus Positive
  • EntaruEntaru Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    i sent an email to the HR lady about my transition plan update and she responded by deadnaming me.

    Yep, this is going well.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Ugh, that sucks.

    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    never dieDouglasDangerchrishallett83Psykoma3clipseEntaruShadowenMegaMekErin The RedpimentoBrodyMsAnthropyCurly_BraceCelloVeldrinFencingsaxThe BetgirlN1tSt4lkerCambiatamasterofmetroidAnialosJaysonFourGoatmonMcFodderRhesus PositiveElldrenSorcePoketpixieApocalyptustynicBhow
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Be sure to correct them in your response. That's how they learn.

    chrishallett83Kayne Red RobeEntaru3clipseErin The RedpimentoShadowenBrodySweeney TomCurly_BraceMsAnthropyCelloToxVeldrinFencingsaxThe BetgirlAnialosJaysonFourGoatmonElldrenSorceApocalyptus
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Be sure to correct them in your response. That's how they learn.

    Yup! Also you can include a link to an article about why misgendering and deadnaming is harmful

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    chrishallett83pimentoShadowenCurly_BraceMsAnthropyCelloToxFencingsaxN1tSt4lkerJaysonFourGoatmonnever dieElldren
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 1
    I'm curious at what point do folks label it as a deadname? Like, I'm guessing for some it never felt like "their" name, and there's probably some people who have had to force themselves to think of it as "not my name" so I guess it's probably a spectrum with more poll/survey answers, just kind of curious what people's experiences have been.

    Like did anybody begin identifying as trans, and mentally declare that their deadname, even before choosing a new one? Or maybe say "well I know that's going to be my deadname, but until I decide on a new one, it's still 'my' name" ?

    e: This is totally intellectual curiosity (and kind of a conversation starter?)

    Tox on
    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I'm curious at what point do folks label it as a deadname? Like, I'm guessing for some it never felt like "their" name, and there's probably some people who have had to force themselves to think of it as "not my name" so I guess it's probably a spectrum with more poll/survey answers, just kind of curious what people's experiences have been.

    Like did anybody begin identifying as trans, and mentally declare that their deadname, even before choosing a new one? Or maybe say "well I know that's going to be my deadname, but until I decide on a new one, it's still 'my' name" ?

    e: This is totally intellectual curiosity (and kind of a conversation starter?)

    It's not really a defined thing. "Deadname" is just a handy term to use to say "this name no longer represents me and should be buried", which you can decide at literally any time, as far as I'm concerned.

    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    ToxkimeEntaruMsAnthropyBrodyFencingsaxDouglasDangerNecoThe BetgirlErin The RedmysticjuicerDoobhmasterofmetroidMegaMekJaysonFourGoatmonCurly_Bracenever dieElldren
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I considered it a deadname once I told people my new name

    ToxOmnipotentBagelEntaruMsAnthropyNecoThe BetgirlErin The RedmysticjuicerCouscousGoatmonRhesus Positive
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I considered it a deadname once I told people my new name

    Basically, same

    ToxMsAnthropyErin The Red
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I considered it a deadname once I told people my new name

    being unable to just come out everywhere at once makes it hard to say "this is when it became my deadname" because I reached the point of "I hate seeing this name" well before I told most of the people in my day-to-day life I had a new one.

    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    ForceVoidEntarucredeikiErin The RedMegaMekJaysonFourMsAnthropyElldren
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I'm curious at what point do folks label it as a deadname? Like, I'm guessing for some it never felt like "their" name, and there's probably some people who have had to force themselves to think of it as "not my name" so I guess it's probably a spectrum with more poll/survey answers, just kind of curious what people's experiences have been.

    Like did anybody begin identifying as trans, and mentally declare that their deadname, even before choosing a new one? Or maybe say "well I know that's going to be my deadname, but until I decide on a new one, it's still 'my' name" ?

    e: This is totally intellectual curiosity (and kind of a conversation starter?)

    I expect it varies. I have recently found myself using the term deadname after about four months of using my current name at work and like idk maybe a year of using it with some other people sometimes (not very sure about the timescale)

    My old name or deadname is very much not dead though since I haven’t legally changed it, so it’s on the government ID I am mandated to wear at work, albeit in very small print...

    Idk, I’m not quite there for using the term, I guess. But almost.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    D'Onofrio took down the FUCK TERFs tweet previously posted in the thread, but replaced it with:





    I'm kinda sad he took it down because fuck terfs, but these are still good.

    3clipseGoatmonCellopookakimeDepressperadoKetar21stCenturyUsagiAnialosMulysaSemproniusN1tSt4lkerSweeney TomJaysonFourMsAnthropyThe Hanged Manchrishallett83tzeentchlingToxCurly_BraceRhesus Positivenever dieElldrenSorceForceVoidHermanoAndy JoetynicErin The Red
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Much as I love shouting FUCK TERFS, I honestly think that statement is better and more complete.

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

    Shadowen3clipseMetzger MeisterBrodyFencingsaxCaedwyrkimeDepressperadoKetarLucedesDarkPrimusSporkAndrewUsagiMulysaSemproniusN1tSt4lkerSweeney TomJaysonFourThe Hanged Manchrishallett83tzeentchlingToxRhesus Positivenever dieElldrenSorcefurlionKayne Red RobeForceVoidAndy JoeKanaErin The RedEnd
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    On the other hand, that grammar is a crime against somebody.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Depressperado21stCentury
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    The Kingpin is a criminal mastermind

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    ShadowenOmnipotentBagelNecoDepressperado21stCenturyMunkus BeaverN1tSt4lkerSweeney TommysticjuicerJaysonFourMsAnthropyGoatmonThe Hanged ManCurly_Bracenever dieElldrenSorceKanaErin The Red
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Grammar's a bunch of made-up rules and mostly just exists to gatekeep discourse

    Especially in a setting as informal as Twitter, as long as you can understand the message the means of conveyance aren't important

    9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    EntaruUsagi
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 1
    My mom loves Vincent D'Onofrio and she will also love those tweets

    I love my mom, guys.

    She was never like, bigoted or anything. In fact, she raised me to be accepting and kind to everyone (and told me there were exceptions for shitheads), but as trans and non-binary people and issues became more... mainstream, I guess? she actively worked to learn about it so that she wouldn't hurt someone with her ignorance. That's more than most people, especially from her generation, would ever try, and I love her even more for it.

    She's actually gotten like, Facebook woke and starts arguments with bigots in the comments sections of related posts, which I delight in reading.

    Depressperado on
    pookaJedocCaedwyrShadowenDarkPrimusCambiataEntaruAnialosVyolynceJaysonFourcredeikikimeMsAnthropy3clipseGoatmonPeenMcFodderchrishallett83tzeentchlingToxpimentoRhesus Positivenever dieElldrenVeldrinAndy JoeApocalyptustynicErin The Red
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2
    *Deleted* Doesn't really need to be shared in this thread.

    Caedwyr on
    Cambiata
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    One time my mother had noticed I'd been reading a lot about trans issues and she said "hey, are you actually a lady?" and I said "no, mum" and she said "ok. but it's fine if you are" and I said "I know, mum. Love you"

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

    ShadowenCaedwyrDarkPrimusCambiataUsagiVyolyncemysticjuicerJaysonFourcredeikikimeMsAnthropy3clipseGoatmonPeenaStoryAboutYouThe Saucechrishallett83StasisLucedestzeentchlingDepressperadoToxCellopookaCurly_BraceRhesus Positivenever dieElldrenProlegomenaLabelKayne Red RobePoketpixieForceVoidElbasunuAndy JoeApocalyptuslonelyahavaErin The RedJansonLoisLaneEnd
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I didn't see it mentioned, apologies if it was:

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/us/new-jersey-lgbt-disability-curriculum-trnd/index.html New Jersey just became the second state to require public schools to teach LGBT and disability-inclusive material
    New Jersey boards of education must adopt instruction that accurately portrays "the political, economic, and social contributions of persons with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, where appropriate," according to the text of the law.

    Murphy said he was "honored" to sign a bill that will make teaching "about the rich contributions and accomplishments of our LGBTQ community and those with disabilities" mandatory.

    "The Governor believes that ensuring students learn about diverse histories will help build more tolerant communities and strengthen educational outcomes," Murphy's office said in a statement.

    The material will be in the social studies curricula for middle and high schools beginning with the 2020-'21 academic year. Each board of education will institute procedures regarding the selection of material and how lesson changes will be put into effect.

    mysticjuicerShadowenJaysonFourCambiatakime3clipseFencingsaxThe Hanged ManThe SauceAnialosToxMetzger Meisterpimentonever dieElldrenForceVoidElbasunuAndy JoeVyolynceN1tSt4lkerApocalyptusErin The RedJanson
  • EntaruEntaru Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    I am glad some people have supportive parents.

    Mine were not so willing to.accept me when the rubber met the road. Which caused me to closet myself for way too long.

    I'll never forget my Mother telling 12 year old me that when I found a girlfriend one day I would get over wanting to be a girl. . .

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    credeikiCambiataElldren
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    That was pretty insensitive of me to post, I think. Sorry about that.

    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I don’t think it was at all? There are good parents and there are bad parents and as long as you’re not like “nyehhhhh my mom is better than your mom and you deserve mistreatment” I think it’s okay to tell the good stuff too

    mysticjuicerUsagiEntaruCambiatakime3clipseInfamyDeferredKetarGoatmonchrishallett83LucedesOne Thousand CablesAnialosBrody21stCenturyToxnever dieElldrenKayne Red RobeStiltsN1tSt4lkerKanalonelyahavaErin The RedEnd
This discussion has been closed.