As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    CoO bosses would be perfect. Plus super interesting from a lore stand point. How did the drifter get his hands on the court portal... stuff

Replace boss with CoO bosses and add modifiers like heroic missions/strikes that change each round. Make it way less predictable and repetitive

616610-1.png
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    There's also a fair amount of space within the Gambit framework for interesting new modifier designs...
    * Blockers drop some number of motes, so spamming Phalanxes isn't the best strategy
    * You can't invade without X motes unless your Primeval is up
    * Defenders do bonus damage to invaders
    * Your shield doesn't regen/regens more slowly when you're carrying more motes
    * Enemies drop random numbers of motes
    * Something like Attrition where motes act as renewing light
    * Banking any number of motes regenerates your grenade/melee

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Killing HVTs should give a buff that highlights Invaders

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    There's also a fair amount of space within the Gambit framework for interesting new modifier designs...
    * Blockers drop some number of motes, so spamming Phalanxes isn't the best strategy
    * You can't invade without X motes unless your Primeval is up
    * Defenders do bonus damage to invaders
    * Your shield doesn't regen/regens more slowly when you're carrying more motes
    * Enemies drop random numbers of motes
    * Something like Attrition where motes act as renewing light
    * Banking any number of motes regenerates your grenade/melee

Picking up motes you generated heals you/recharges abilities.
    Picking up motes you didn't generate hurts you.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I think the first two rounds should skip the boss and just be about motes/invading. So if you win twice you just skip the hard part.

I think the last round should have the boss like the meatball boss, which has stages and takes some thought to tackle. It should be tough and require teamwork. It should have some element of RNG so you can always predict what's gonna happen next. Like, even the meatball just sits around and waits to die, just tossing up a shield a few times to prevent insta-death.

So there's absolutely room to improve. The maps should be retooled with more cover. Maybe have alternate blockers that form barriers around the map for defense. Something, anything.

In general, I have a lot of thoughts on how spawns work in PvP and Gambit and it's influenced by that percieved "fairness" I've mentioned before. Right now it feels awful to spawn in right in front of the enemy and die with no response to be had. It's not fun to die to the same Nova Warp twice. They can do things to fix it, I don't really care how they do it, but they can do it.

Coming from a MOBA as my last game I played all the time, I constantly do Crucible in this game thinking "this would all work better if there was a concept of sides to this". There's some issues with this, which you can see at work in Overwatch for example, but there's ways you can attack those issues and the system solves a lot wrong with Crucible right now imo.

Once you introduce a concept of sides, things like where is the enemy, flanking and spawning near your team or in a safe location become a lot easier. You actually see this happen during Countdown in Competitive and it just feels better imo.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    The potential speed of a burn in Gambit is something you never really understand until you experience it from the other side.

It is fucking bonkers to watch a primeval, just as a health bar and nothing else, go from 100% to 0% over the course of about 5 seconds. That's how fast a good team can kill one. No counter-play possible.

What do you even do to that? You can't balance around that, it needs to be dealt with head-on.

Funnily enough, the testicle boss actually disrupts burn strategies a bit and can be more fun because of it.

I've experienced this, but it's still pretty rare. And I don't think I've ever seen it pulled off in both rounds

I made this gif almost a month ago

From my experience, it is extremely, extremely rare to see a 4-stack not do this. Anecdotally, I basically never see people in the stack running anything other than the EP shotgun. Lately there have been variations in heavy, but only because most of those teams have a dedicated invader running queensbreaker.

The rare exception to the above are usually a 4-stack out there just going “for fun” and might have people running blues/not level 50.

Good groups don’t instantly burn it down when it spawns, they take out wizards/adds, wait for the invader, kill them, then turn and burn in the 10 second window they are guaranteed to not be killed.

This happens to me more often than not, and usually I’m the one doing it on my team. The only reason it doesn’t happen more often is half the game plays hunter and not warlock.

ronzo on
    My God I've done like 6 T2 Blind Wells and still haven't seen my Seed of Light

Doesn't help randoms keep doing T3s before I can do a T2 as well

Why did it have to be a specific Blind Well?

edited October 2018
    ronzo wrote: »
    The potential speed of a burn in Gambit is something you never really understand until you experience it from the other side.

It is fucking bonkers to watch a primeval, just as a health bar and nothing else, go from 100% to 0% over the course of about 5 seconds. That's how fast a good team can kill one. No counter-play possible.

What do you even do to that? You can't balance around that, it needs to be dealt with head-on.

Funnily enough, the testicle boss actually disrupts burn strategies a bit and can be more fun because of it.

I've experienced this, but it's still pretty rare. And I don't think I've ever seen it pulled off in both rounds

From my experience, it is extremely, extremely rare to see a 4-stack not do this. Anecdotally, I basically never see people in the stack running anything other than the EP shotgun. Lately there have been variations in heavy, but only because most of those teams have a dedicated invader running queensbreaker.

The rare exception to the above are usually a 4-stack out there just going “for fun” and might have people running blues/not level 50.

Good groups don’t instantly burn it down when it spawns, they take out wizards/adds, wait for the invader, kill them, then turn and burn in the 10 second window they are guaranteed to not be killed.

This happens to me more often than not, and usually I’m the one doing it on my team. The only reason it doesn’t happen more often is half the game plays hunter and not warlock.

Ahh, excellent. I wanted a video of this phenomenon but I can't make one myself.

And yeah, it's just, it's ridiculous to watch and it's like soul crushing to be on the other end of because it doesn't matter how good you play or how far ahead you get.

PS - Looks like they were running Blade Barrages judging by the rate that went down.

shryke on
    By the way, that clip I made is actually a little on the slow side. Usually that pause at 2/3rds health doesn’t happen. And that was at 2 or 3 primeval stacks, I cut off the bottom to hide names.

My God I've done like 6 T2 Blind Wells and still haven't seen my Seed of Light

Doesn't help randoms keep doing T3s before I can do a T2 as well

Why did it have to be a specific Blind Well?

Is it that people keep doing T3+heroic? Cause it should be a super high drop from Tier 3 afaik. Like, 100%.

edited October 2018
    I was told it only drops from 2, and I got it very next T2 I did. I didn't get it from multiple T3. To be clear, this is my second Seed not the the third.

The issue is, no one does just T3. They chain it into T4 every time, and it definitely doesn't drop from T4.

Local H Jay on
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    ronzo wrote: »

Ahh, excellent. I wanted a video of this phenomenon but I can't make one myself.

And yeah, it's just, it's ridiculous to watch and it's like soul crushing to be on the other end of because it doesn't matter how good you play or how far ahead you get.

PS - Looks like they were running Blade Barrages judging by the rate that went down.

I run gambit in a 2 man group quite a bit and that's essentially what we do. Pop the wizards for the buff, immediately after the first invade, I pop melting point and start the Ikelos spam while my partner hits blade barrage + throwing knife while closing to ikelos distance. The two of us blow apart the primeval in sub-10 seconds. What the other two people do is honestly irrelevant. That's a huge issue, imo. Two people can destroy the "boss" in no time flat with a tiny amount of coordination, which indicates the boss is poorly designed.

Edit: Oh and with a bit of practice you can time the melting point lunge to happen with the stomp so you dont get knocked back. Even the standard boss stomp is completely ineffectual.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    RE: Seed conversation ...
    I have my 2nd seed from the blind well (although I couldn't say which tier dropped it) but still missing the 3rd. A quick google says that besides the raid I should have received it from Mara. After my 2nd offering the portal to her opened. I visited, talked, found a lore piece, but no chest or reward. A day or 2 later I ran the ascended challenge and for some reason on completion I got the triumph for visiting the Queen's Court. So I'm assuming something glitched.

Is my info bad? Just need to keep running the offerings in the hope that she pays out?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    I was told it only drops from 2, and I got it very next T2 I did. I didn't get it from multiple T3. To be clear, this is my second Seed not the the third.

The issue is, no one does just T3. They chain it into T4 every time, and it definitely doesn't drop from T4.

Yeah, that's what I suspected. T3 drops it, heroic doesn't. For some reason.

And the fastest way to get this Blind Well shit over with is 2xT3->Heroic runs. So that's what everyone does.

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I have my 2nd seed from the blind well (although I couldn't say which tier dropped it) but still missing the 3rd. A quick google says that besides the raid I should have received it from Mara. After my 2nd offering the portal to her opened. I visited, talked, found a lore piece, but no chest or reward. A day or 2 later I ran the ascended challenge and for some reason on completion I got the triumph for visiting the Queen's Court. So I'm assuming something glitched.

Is my info bad? Just need to keep running the offerings in the hope that she pays out?
    When you visit Mara Sov in her court, she always pops in a reward chest for you after talking for a while. You may have missed it that week because this week Mara herself was off standing to the side, but the chest always appears next to the throne on the middle extended balcony platform. She just says "you may go" and a chest quietly appears, so I could see someone missing that.

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    You can also get a seed from failing t4.

Well yeah but everyone is overleveled now and I haven't failed a BW in a long time

Maybe I could try to solo a T2 but anyway, it should just drop from all of them

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »

You missed a chest. It spawns right by her throne. Problem is that she's not always by her throne so if you haven't seen the chest there, it's not obvious there is one at all.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what you do is you go in to blind well with some friends and when the randos start the heroic after tier iii you fuck it up and fail

you will get your seed if the heroic fails

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I can't believe there's a guy in the new zone that just sells upgrade cores. I figured maybe I'd seen more special-border items in the new zone and those could be disenchanted into cores, but no, this guy just sells then for 10 purple shards (for the first one of the day, then the price goes up, so only buy one a day). I mean, not that I'm complaining, but before you get to the new zone they are like unicorns, so the idea of a vendor is a little shocking at first.

I'm at the "kill this list of guys", where each guy has a recommended level from 390 to 450 or so. I've only taken out one so far, and I'm probably around 440 ish right now, so I don't think I'll have much trouble once I sit down and do it.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I can't believe there's a guy in the new zone that just sells upgrade cores. I figured maybe I'd seen more special-border items in the new zone and those could be disenchanted into cores, but no, this guy just sells then for 10 purple shards (for the first one of the day, then the price goes up, so only buy one a day). I mean, not that I'm complaining, but before you get to the new zone they are like unicorns, so the ideas of a vendor is a little shocking at first.

yeah they’re still stupid rare though

however in an upcoming patch the economy for them will be changed and you’ll have more means to acquire them

scrapper bounties will award them i believe

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I can't believe there's a guy in the new zone that just sells upgrade cores. I figured maybe I'd seen more special-border items in the new zone and those could be disenchanted into cores, but no, this guy just sells then for 10 purple shards (for the first one of the day, then the price goes up, so only buy one a day). I mean, not that I'm complaining, but before you get to the new zone they are like unicorns, so the idea of a vendor is a little shocking at first.

I'm at the "kill this list of guys", where each guy has a recommended level from 390 to 450 or so. I've only taken out one so far, and I'm probably around 440 ish right now, so I don't think I'll have much trouble once I sit down and do it.

The first one is 10 but the price doubles each time. So be careful. Fortunately the timer gets slower each time too.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Renaming them "Enhancement Cores" is the most tone deaf response I've heard in a while.

All my stuff is 600 now so I could care less I guess? Still think it was the dumbest decision to let infusion cost cores, especially for new(er) players who'd have even less options to acquire them than me.

Best part is, Masterworking your armor does practically nothing, all that whatever resistance doesnt even work properly, neither does all the "Ammo Finder" perks, so much for a QA department doing their job.

Sirialis on
    @Toasticus @Wassermelone

It's possible but I spent a long time in that place because I wanted my dang prize! It's not impossible that I managed to find lore but skip right over a chest, but seems unlikely.

Also my offering this week rewarded me another answering machine (and chest). No visit.

i think you only get the visit in the high corruption week right?

Chanus wrote: »
    what you do is you go in to blind well with some friends and when the randos start the heroic after tier iii you fuck it up and fail

I don't know how one person could cause it to fail.

i think you only get the visit in the high corruption week right?

Yes

I don't know how one person could cause it to fail.

that’s why i said go with some friends but you can fuck up the one with the relic on your own

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... right now the only thing I need to pop the Destinations: Forsaken badge is the stupid Secret Victories emblem. Why doesn't it ever drop?. :|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'd be fine with gambit if it didn't have the rubber banding mechanics.

Just let my randos live or die on their own

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    If I can turn the conversation to a game mode that's going away in a few days:

In the Haunted Forest, sometimes there are apparent different paths and it screws me up. I'll end up going headlong down some long path, killing enemies, and then turn and see the other two players waaaaaay off in the distance. This usually happens during Blackout, since the minimap's gone and I'm too busy killing baddies ahead of me instead of sticking with the group.

Also, sometimes there's a floating island with a red ring out in the distance. Should we be trying to get to that if we can? Will there be branches that reach those points eventually if we push hard enough towards it? I know that there are sometimes dead-ends with chests containing a couple of HF drops, and sometimes dead-ends with a bunch of enemies to kill quickly, but this seems different.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Bursar wrote: »

In the Haunted Forest, sometimes there are apparent different paths and it screws me up. I'll end up going headlong down some long path, killing enemies, and then turn and see the other two players waaaaaay off in the distance. This usually happens during Blackout, since the minimap's gone and I'm too busy killing baddies ahead of me instead of sticking with the group.

Also, sometimes there's a floating island with a red ring out in the distance. Should we be trying to get to that if we can? Will there be branches that reach those points eventually if we push hard enough towards it? I know that there are sometimes dead-ends with chests containing a couple of HF drops, and sometimes dead-ends with a bunch of enemies to kill quickly, but this seems different.

The island is the end path of hte forest. if you get there without getting 100%, you've done something wrong.

also it just spawns more forest tiles.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    So... right now the only thing I need to pop the Destinations: Forsaken badge is the stupid Secret Victories emblem. Why doesn't it ever drop?. :|

It's just another thing that is needlessly randomized (so help me if next week is another fucking repeat wanted target...). It took me a lot of BW's to get it, and I only knew it could drop from BW because I saw someone else get it several weeks before I did. I didn't ever farm for it specifically, just did the weekly on all my characters and eventually it showed up.

I don't know why bungie feels like it's a good idea to have anything ever wholly behind pure rng. People shouldn't have ever had to run EP for months to get the shotgun, that should have been an obviously bad move during design. Someone should have noticed, and that it keeps happening with new stuff leads the cynic in me to conclude they're doing it intentionally, and the fact they keep getting praised when they "fix" it is incredibly disappointing. I should have gotten the dreaming city ship/sparrow having done everything on three characters for the last 8 weeks. Nothing should be that random, ever.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I *think* the intent of the branching paths is that one person runs off and kills stuff there while the other two continue on. The real goal is to kill as many things as quickly as possible to fill the clear meter and get teleported to the boss and, really, it doesn't take 3 people to engage most of the groups of enemies that spawn (except when you get boned and have, like, a swarm of sword knights in your Blackout, Grounded branch).

I'm fairly certain the red ring platform in the distance is actually the next branch invocation platform but I have no proof of this.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian

I *think* the intent of the branching paths is that one person runs off and kills stuff there while the other two continue on. The real goal is to kill as many things as quickly as possible to fill the clear meter and get teleported to the boss and, really, it doesn't take 3 people to engage most of the groups of enemies that spawn (except when you get boned and have, like, a swarm of sword knights in your Blackout, Grounded branch).

I'm fairly certain the red ring platform in the distance is actually the next branch invocation platform but I have no proof of this.

Having actually reached the red ring platform, I can confirm that it just spawns more forest.

It's just another thing that is needlessly randomized (so help me if next week is another fucking repeat wanted target...). It took me a lot of BW's to get it, and I only knew it could drop from BW because I saw someone else get it several weeks before I did. I didn't ever farm for it specifically, just did the weekly on all my characters and eventually it showed up.

I don't know why bungie feels like it's a good idea to have anything ever wholly behind pure rng. People shouldn't have ever had to run EP for months to get the shotgun, that should have been an obviously bad move during design. Someone should have noticed, and that it keeps happening with new stuff leads the cynic in me to conclude they're doing it intentionally, and the fact they keep getting praised when they "fix" it is incredibly disappointing. I should have gotten the dreaming city ship/sparrow having done everything on three characters for the last 8 weeks. Nothing should be that random, ever.

If you inspect the secret victories emblem, it will actually tell you the two other conditions for getting it. One is randomly from BW, the other is actually a guaranteed drop from doing all 6 ascendant time trials (afaik, at least).

The real problem with that emblem is how rare the normal version drop is. It’s supposed to be able to come out of dreaming city chests and the like. I honestly wonder if Petra not being a vendor like all of the other planets screws something up with the drop chances.

Tomorrow is the first time people will be able to get cursebreaker, and the vast majority will be stuck missing the ghost, ship, and sparrow. Which just feels like shit. I think the only seal that doesn’t have some RNG requirement might actually be the crucible one.

edited October 2018
    Getting Legend 3 times in comp is less RNG an more an act of God

Local H Jay on
    Gambit match starts with 2 people on my team... vs. Cabal.

Round 1 is all the Cabal scorpions the game can spawn... :U

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Yes minimum 3 seasons of being one of the best 6 people in destiny. I wish there was a less badass crucible title available

I want something that makes it extra shameful when I go like .4 eff

616610-1.png
    edited October 2018
    Anyone for last minute ascendant challenge on PS4?

Loot get. Woot.

EvilMonkey on