Options

Pathfinder: Kingmaker- Wrath of the Righteous out now!

1959799100101

Posts

  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Started an Angel playthrough and even though I'm still fairly early in Act 3, I'm beginning to wonder when its Mythic path actually, like, starts.
    As an Azata, Aivu shows up straight away so there's your Mythic connection. Demon frequently gets plagued by nightmares to at least let you know its storyline is there even if you manage to overcome them. I don't know about Lich, but Zacharius gets introduced in Act 2, so I'm guessing he's around pretty quickly.

    Angel, though, seems to take its sweet time making itself known.

    There's a thing you get that lights it up when you hit a certain level and then it goes from there. I played my first playthrough as an Angel Paladin and it felt alright, powers and such were pretty enjoyable.

  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Started an Angel playthrough and even though I'm still fairly early in Act 3, I'm beginning to wonder when its Mythic path actually, like, starts.
    As an Azata, Aivu shows up straight away so there's your Mythic connection. Demon frequently gets plagued by nightmares to at least let you know its storyline is there even if you manage to overcome them. I don't know about Lich, but Zacharius gets introduced in Act 2, so I'm guessing he's around pretty quickly.

    Angel, though, seems to take its sweet time making itself known.

    There's a thing you get that lights it up when you hit a certain level and then it goes from there. I played my first playthrough as an Angel Paladin and it felt alright, powers and such were pretty enjoyable.

    I was mostly talking about kicking off that storyline.
    In my Azata and Demon playthroughs, I usually got through the first parts of their Mythic Paths well before getting Woljif back. And there's some special stuff before the Mythic Path story 'starts' to remind you that yes, you are an Azata or Demon (Aivu/ominous nightmares). Angel gives you nothing until it eventually starts - after I got Woljif back.

    I dunno. I guess I was just spoiled by the other paths I've played. Although Angel is picking up steam now that it's actually begun.

  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Started an Angel playthrough and even though I'm still fairly early in Act 3, I'm beginning to wonder when its Mythic path actually, like, starts.
    As an Azata, Aivu shows up straight away so there's your Mythic connection. Demon frequently gets plagued by nightmares to at least let you know its storyline is there even if you manage to overcome them. I don't know about Lich, but Zacharius gets introduced in Act 2, so I'm guessing he's around pretty quickly.

    Angel, though, seems to take its sweet time making itself known.

    There's a thing you get that lights it up when you hit a certain level and then it goes from there. I played my first playthrough as an Angel Paladin and it felt alright, powers and such were pretty enjoyable.

    I was mostly talking about kicking off that storyline.
    In my Azata and Demon playthroughs, I usually got through the first parts of their Mythic Paths well before getting Woljif back. And there's some special stuff before the Mythic Path story 'starts' to remind you that yes, you are an Azata or Demon (Aivu/ominous nightmares). Angel gives you nothing until it eventually starts - after I got Woljif back.

    I dunno. I guess I was just spoiled by the other paths I've played. Although Angel is picking up steam now that it's actually begun.

    I get Woljif back, like, straight away. The first time I leave Drezen, I get the cultist encounter, and as soon as I head in the direction of Greengates (or the Lost Scouts location) I get the Woljif trigger. It's been that way at least my last two replays.

  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Playing Solasta, I wish the Solasta devs and Owlcat would get together and make a good fucking tabletop video game rpg.

    With Solasta's attention to the mechanical details and Owlcat's attention to story and voice acting and music and fancy bits, they'd have a wonderful beautiful baby.

    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Playing Solasta, I wish the Solasta devs and Owlcat would get together and make a good fucking tabletop video game rpg.

    With Solasta's attention to the mechanical details and Owlcat's attention to story and voice acting and music and fancy bits, they'd have a wonderful beautiful baby.

    I'm not sure how I would handle it if Solasta's voice acting didn't sound like my tabletop players awkwardly trying to roleplay while munching on lemon bars I picked up at Cub.

    And Owlcat would never stoop to something as plebian as "a well-balanced game with transparent mechanics."

    It would never work, sadly.

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I'm wondering whether to start Wrath, myself.

    On the one hand, I could use an RPG right now.

    On the other, I did play Kingmaker, so I'm familiar with how whoever is on encounter design at Owlcat needs to be repeatedly slapped with a trout.

    (And to be honest I don't think I really trust the writers that had "immediately execute the ex-criminal for his past crimes despite him seemingly having stopped criming years ago" as the Lawful Good option in a conversation, to not cause me to lose my eyes from eyerolling so hard they fall off in a story about a holy crusade)

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether to start Wrath, myself.

    On the one hand, I could use an RPG right now.

    On the other, I did play Kingmaker, so I'm familiar with how whoever is on encounter design at Owlcat needs to be repeatedly slapped with a trout.

    (And to be honest I don't think I really trust the writers that had "immediately execute the ex-criminal for his past crimes despite him seemingly having stopped criming years ago" as the Lawful Good option in a conversation, to not cause me to lose my eyes from eyerolling so hard they fall off in a story about a holy crusade)

    Wrath is, in my opinion, an improvement over Kingmaker in just about every way. Encounter difficulty is indeed still borked, but the difficulty options are so diverse that, unless you're like me right now trying to power through Core for the cheevos, you can make things as hard or as easy as you want them to be.

    Most of the (Alignment) choices in conversations are pretty reasonable, with two notable exceptions:

    1. So many people have the generic "(Evil) You're ugly, prepare to die!" for basically no reason. Does anyone actually choose those?
    2. The Aeon Mythic Path, which is capital-L Lawful, has as part of their personal quest some Lawful choices that seem unfair or even ridiculous. They didn't bother me personally because you are running a crusade, so I see martial law and its severity as a realistic expectation. However, I know a lot of people complain about it and I don't think it's an unfair critique. For that reason, you may wish to avoid the Aeon path on your first character.

  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I agree with Terrendos, the game is better in most ways but fails to address some core issues. The only serious misstep is the strategic mode, though it alone nearly broke me.

    I started two playthroughs of each game, playing Kingmaker for 36 hours before giving up on it and Wrath for 53.

  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The biggest problem with encounter difficulty is that once you find the sweet spot, there are now entirely too many encounters in the game.

    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I'll have to find some mods to nullify the strategic mode, sounds like. But I guess having found it 17 euro it's cheap enough I can risk trying the game and seeing if it makes me want to kick a wall or not.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I'll have to find some mods to nullify the strategic mode, sounds like. But I guess having found it 17 euro it's cheap enough I can risk trying the game and seeing if it makes me want to kick a wall or not.

    So my pc died so I haven’t been able to play wrath but speaking of wall kicking I have a question. Is there anything that approaches HATEOT challenge wise ? Cause that took a bit before I fully understood how to play it , plus with the demons I can see a scenario where every fight is a check wether you have holy aura/ protection against X/ freedom etc.

  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I'll have to find some mods to nullify the strategic mode, sounds like. But I guess having found it 17 euro it's cheap enough I can risk trying the game and seeing if it makes me want to kick a wall or not.

    So my pc died so I haven’t been able to play wrath but speaking of wall kicking I have a question. Is there anything that approaches HATEOT challenge wise ? Cause that took a bit before I fully understood how to play it , plus with the demons I can see a scenario where every fight is a check wether you have holy aura/ protection against X/ freedom etc.

    I'm not sure if you were asking this to Drascin or in general, but in my opinion there's nothing as annoying as HATEOT in Wrath. The closest you get is an optional dungeon called the Enigma, which is tied to one companion's quest. It's long, full of puzzles, and most of the fighting is pretty trivial by that point since it's near the end of the game. If you're fond of that particular character it's a bit of a shame that you can't finish her quest (and not finishing it is reflected in the end slides) but you don't have to deal with it at all if you don't want to. I ended up looking up the solutions to the puzzles because they're very unintuitive IMO.

    Demons definitely have issues associated with them, especially their resistances. Making a character focused on lightning spells and damage, for example, might be troublesome, since all demons are immune to electric damage. But there's absolutely ways around this. The Ascendant Element Mythic Ability, available by the end of Act 1, will negate any resistance or immunity to a particular element, so even an electric Kineticist is going to be fine from then on. And at the start of Act 2, assuming you explored the areas in Act 1 adequately, you'll have access to an item which will let all your melee and ranged weapons cut through all demon resistances.

    Playing on Core, I've noticed a lot more fights that are extremely difficult but are trivialized with one particular spell or item, but on Normal this isn't ever really a problem. If you're concerned about that sort of thing, I'd suggest Normal difficulty for your first time.

  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Oh it was just in general . And it wasn’t because I disliked that level of difficulty but more of HATEOT was used as a benchmark for difficulty in the first game and I was wondering what level the sequel was at . Thanks for the info , I will eventually get a new pc to play this on or failing that I will get to see how bad the console port is ( heard bad things about the kings maker port)

  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The puzzles in and relating to Enigma are needlessly obtuse (there is a logic to it but it's very much "get into the devs' headspace" logic), it's long, the fights are trivial but frequent enough to be regularly annoying, is required for one particular character's personal quests and by the time you are done with it you'll never want to do it again in subsequent playthroughs.

  • Options
    NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    Heh I really like the game and will play it again but my first playthrough seems to have stalled in Enigma. Partly to the puzzles and partly because all the enemies would hit Aivu's fear aura and sprint away to the far reaches of the dungeon. Maybe you can turn her aura off now, it's been a while.

  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    My approach to the Enigma is that I'm just not gonna bother. So that one companion's companion quest is going to remain unfinished in every playthrough.

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So I started the game, and I have to ask, this mythic path thing, how locked in is it? Because I seem to be kinda constantly getting Angel based actions since I found a shiny sword underground, but no other mythic path tags seem to be appearing.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Drascin wrote: »
    So I started the game, and I have to ask, this mythic path thing, how locked in is it? Because I seem to be kinda constantly getting Angel based actions since I found a shiny sword underground, but no other mythic path tags seem to be appearing.

    It's very locked in but:
    -You haven't hit the choice yet
    -Angel choices don't lock you out of other paths
    -There are some later game paths that you can't choose initially.
    -You make a choice near the end of Kenabres, but that choice isn't the real final choice. You can lock yourself out of paths at this point, but not lock yourself in.

    Angel and Demon are pretty much always available. Azata, Aeon, and Trickster require straightforward but specific (and missable) actions in Kenabres. Lich is something just outside Kenabres. Later on,
    Legend is always available but is a choice much later in the game. Devil, Gold Dragon, and Swarm have particular requirements. Swarm particularly you're unlikely to get without a guide.

    If you're interested in a particular path I might look it up, or ask here for hints if you're very wary of spoilers.

    captaink on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I mean, to be perfectly honest, I can't be interested in a particular path mostly because I have no idea what a mythic path really entails or what each of them do :P.

    I just went with more or less the same character I did in Kingmaker - a Cleric of Shelyn, because in these games you can never have enough Clerics (which, by the way, after I had to literally mod a crafting system into Kingmaker to get a decent magic glaive to use my cleric's favored weapon, Wrath just swamping you with glaives from the beginning is a welcome change). But the Angel path up to here seems a bit too overserious and THE WRONGDOERS BE PUNISHED for the character.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Angel, Gold Dragon, and Azata are the Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic Good paths respectively. Azata is directly linked to Desna but Shelyn is also a very good fit, there's definitely singing involved.

    Aeon and Trickster are Lawful and Chaotic Neutral.

    Legend doesn't really have an alignment, it's just "your new level cap is 40".

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm typically Neutral Good in these games, but gold dragons are kinda lame, so the Azata thing sounds more appropriate.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    It's really not as restrictive as all that. It's totally possible to be a NG Angel, for example. I think the paths lock you in to within 1 degree of their alignment, so Aeon can be any Lawful, whereas Trickster just wants any Chaotic.

    Fair warning, one of the companions you find is a Cleric of Shelyn as well, so you're gonna hit some overlap. On the other hand, it means you'll have a solid upgrade path with glaives throughout the game.

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Fair warning, one of the companions you find is a Cleric of Shelyn as well, so you're gonna hit some overlap. On the other hand, it means you'll have a solid upgrade path with glaives throughout the game.

    You say that as though I didn't very much double up on Cleric in Kingmaker and STILL had to carry around a pile of various scrolls for all the multiple layers of have-this-cleric-spell-or-die bullshit in many areas. I will happily run around with two Clerics.

    Though we'll see how the character is. A bunch of companions here seem to be of the "we know you're going to have to take them anyway, what are you gonna do, solo this shit?" school of NPC writing. Seelah is undisputed best up to here, and Lann is a cool dude, but then you have the wizard historian who does not understand how history works and who is generally just kind of an annoying to talk to ass to everyone, Camellia who is *extremely* obviously hiding some evil bullshit that probably involves sacrificing people and not even trying to be subtle about it, an elf noble dude who intentionally makes being a dickhead his only personality trait, and a thief that I'm hoping you can show the meaning of friendship before that Revolver Ocelot Syndrome takes over.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Fair warning, one of the companions you find is a Cleric of Shelyn as well, so you're gonna hit some overlap. On the other hand, it means you'll have a solid upgrade path with glaives throughout the game.

    You say that as though I didn't very much double up on Cleric in Kingmaker and STILL had to carry around a pile of various scrolls for all the multiple layers of have-this-cleric-spell-or-die bullshit in many areas. I will happily run around with two Clerics.

    Though we'll see how the character is. A bunch of companions here seem to be of the "we know you're going to have to take them anyway, what are you gonna do, solo this shit?" school of NPC writing. Seelah is undisputed best up to here, and Lann is a cool dude, but then you have the wizard historian who does not understand how history works and who is generally just kind of an annoying to talk to ass to everyone, Camellia who is *extremely* obviously hiding some evil bullshit that probably involves sacrificing people and not even trying to be subtle about it, an elf noble dude who intentionally makes being a dickhead his only personality trait, and a thief that I'm hoping you can show the meaning of friendship before that Revolver Ocelot Syndrome takes over.

    Harrim was awesome! Honestly one of my favorite party members. That said I disliked a lot of party members in kingmaker so maybe that made him seem better in retrospect.

  • Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Finished as Trickster. Made a Worldhub which I thought was great. It said I died but then I got to change the story and live which was unexpected and funny. However, I was disappointed it seemed like my romance still thought I was dead.

    Great game. Starting over and going Lich, may set it to casual just to rush through the story. Anyone done this? Is it too boring?

    Riboflavin on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm typically Neutral Good in these games, but gold dragons are kinda lame, so the Azata thing sounds more appropriate.

    You don't get to do Gold Dragon stuff until very, very late in the game anyways. Up until that point you can do Angel stuff or Azata stuff easily.

    I found Gold Dragon to be very rewarding, but I was playing a Druid who had taken all of the wild shape feats and mythic powers you can think of.

    Non-Spoiler: Gold Dragon has one of the most rewarding endgames of all of them, by all accounts. Maybe matched by Azata?

    Also: Fuck Angels, they suck. Angels are lame! They're very good in this game and very powerful but man are they lame!

    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    The Aeon ending was supremely satisfying in a totally weird way
    Going back in time and erasing things from existence which lead to the worldwound never happening and nothing ever coming from it in order to balance things was amazing and I loved it. The cosmic scale of the decision was really satisfying for the Aeon theme

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Drascin wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Fair warning, one of the companions you find is a Cleric of Shelyn as well, so you're gonna hit some overlap. On the other hand, it means you'll have a solid upgrade path with glaives throughout the game.

    You say that as though I didn't very much double up on Cleric in Kingmaker and STILL had to carry around a pile of various scrolls for all the multiple layers of have-this-cleric-spell-or-die bullshit in many areas. I will happily run around with two Clerics.

    Though we'll see how the character is. A bunch of companions here seem to be of the "we know you're going to have to take them anyway, what are you gonna do, solo this shit?" school of NPC writing. Seelah is undisputed best up to here, and Lann is a cool dude, but then you have the wizard historian who does not understand how history works and who is generally just kind of an annoying to talk to ass to everyone, Camellia who is *extremely* obviously hiding some evil bullshit that probably involves sacrificing people and not even trying to be subtle about it, an elf noble dude who intentionally makes being a dickhead his only personality trait, and a thief that I'm hoping you can show the meaning of friendship before that Revolver Ocelot Syndrome takes over.

    Harrim was awesome! Honestly one of my favorite party members. That said I disliked a lot of party members in kingmaker so maybe that made him seem better in retrospect.

    Yeah, Kingmaker was also pretty bad for the whole "lots of the companions are kind of insufferable".

    Like, Linzi was a best, and I liked Octavia, and Harrim had a fun arc, but then you had the psychotic elf I booted before the end of act one, Jubilost the libertarian, Mr Anger Issues, and etcetera.

    Anyway, I think I beat act 1, and unlocked mythic leveling, though fucked if I know what is worth it among these billion mythic feats.

    Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Fair warning, one of the companions you find is a Cleric of Shelyn as well, so you're gonna hit some overlap. On the other hand, it means you'll have a solid upgrade path with glaives throughout the game.

    You say that as though I didn't very much double up on Cleric in Kingmaker and STILL had to carry around a pile of various scrolls for all the multiple layers of have-this-cleric-spell-or-die bullshit in many areas. I will happily run around with two Clerics.

    Though we'll see how the character is. A bunch of companions here seem to be of the "we know you're going to have to take them anyway, what are you gonna do, solo this shit?" school of NPC writing. Seelah is undisputed best up to here, and Lann is a cool dude, but then you have the wizard historian who does not understand how history works and who is generally just kind of an annoying to talk to ass to everyone, Camellia who is *extremely* obviously hiding some evil bullshit that probably involves sacrificing people and not even trying to be subtle about it, an elf noble dude who intentionally makes being a dickhead his only personality trait, and a thief that I'm hoping you can show the meaning of friendship before that Revolver Ocelot Syndrome takes over.

    Harrim was awesome! Honestly one of my favorite party members. That said I disliked a lot of party members in kingmaker so maybe that made him seem better in retrospect.

    Yeah, Kingmaker was also pretty bad for the whole "lots of the companions are kind of insufferable".

    Like, Linzi was a best, and I liked Octavia, and Harrim had a fun arc, but then you had the psychotic elf I booted before the end of act one, Jubilost the libertarian, Mr Anger Issues, and etcetera.

    Anyway, I think I beat act 1, and unlocked mythic leveling, though fucked if I know what is worth it among these billion mythic feats.

    I get not liking her but Jaethal's quest does go some fun places if you push her towards not being super evil.

  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Anyway, I think I beat act 1, and unlocked mythic leveling, though fucked if I know what is worth it among these billion mythic feats.

    They vary from useless to essential(e.g. dex build typically needs mythic weapon finesse just to function) to brokenly overpowered, it depends on your build and what mythic path you're going with.

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Anyway, I think I beat act 1, and unlocked mythic leveling, though fucked if I know what is worth it among these billion mythic feats.

    They vary from useless to essential(e.g. dex build typically needs mythic weapon finesse just to function) to brokenly overpowered, it depends on your build and what mythic path you're going with.

    I did not see mythic weapon finesse available when I was picking stuff for the party rogues, but well, for myself I actually kinda went with the buff extender because, you know, cleric. Having to reapply buffs a lot less would definitely be a godsend, even if not a huge power buff in general.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Anyway, I think I beat act 1, and unlocked mythic leveling, though fucked if I know what is worth it among these billion mythic feats.

    They vary from useless to essential(e.g. dex build typically needs mythic weapon finesse just to function) to brokenly overpowered, it depends on your build and what mythic path you're going with.

    I did not see mythic weapon finesse available when I was picking stuff for the party rogues, but well, for myself I actually kinda went with the buff extender because, you know, cleric. Having to reapply buffs a lot less would definitely be a godsend, even if not a huge power buff in general.

    Rogues get a variation of it as a core part of their class so they won't need it, but Regill for example will need it just to exist.

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Anyway, I think I beat act 1, and unlocked mythic leveling, though fucked if I know what is worth it among these billion mythic feats.

    They vary from useless to essential(e.g. dex build typically needs mythic weapon finesse just to function) to brokenly overpowered, it depends on your build and what mythic path you're going with.

    I did not see mythic weapon finesse available when I was picking stuff for the party rogues, but well, for myself I actually kinda went with the buff extender because, you know, cleric. Having to reapply buffs a lot less would definitely be a godsend, even if not a huge power buff in general.

    Rogues get a variation of it as a core part of their class so they won't need it, but Regill for example will need it just to exist.

    Well, that solves itself, since I met this Regill and quickly figured he does not, in fact, deserve to exist. So I told him to go screw himself. If I'm supposed to be leading a crusade to save the world here, I don't exactly think we need Asmodean psychopaths around.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Regill is the broest bro to ever bro up a CRPG.

  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Regill is the broest bro to ever bro up a CRPG.

    You know, I though I understood the definition of 'bro', but apparently I don't.

  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    What can I say, the last few years, for some inscrutable reason, have kind of reduced my willingness to engage with fascist slavers and pseudo-Hard Men in my fiction.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Regill is the broest bro to ever bro up a CRPG.

    You know, I though I understood the definition of 'bro', but apparently I don't.

    "Bro" is "Smurf" but for millennials.

  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Wrapping up my second playthrough, I've come to the unavoidable conclusion that I don't actually use my spellcasters as intended. Mostly they're there to shoot Light Crossbows and help pass skill checks. Because I play on the lowest difficulty, really the only casting I need is various healing spells, with the occasional True Sight, or Dimension Door when someone gets stuck on a piece of geometry.

    So in order to learn how to actually play spellcasters, I should make a spellcaster for my probably inevitable third playthrough. Learn to micro one spellcaster as a lead-up to actually playing spellcasters properly kind of thing.

    I'm thinking a Dhampir sorcerer with the undead bloodline. They'll become an Azata, obviously.

  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Wrapping up my second playthrough, I've come to the unavoidable conclusion that I don't actually use my spellcasters as intended. Mostly they're there to shoot Light Crossbows and help pass skill checks. Because I play on the lowest difficulty, really the only casting I need is various healing spells, with the occasional True Sight, or Dimension Door when someone gets stuck on a piece of geometry.

    So in order to learn how to actually play spellcasters, I should make a spellcaster for my probably inevitable third playthrough. Learn to micro one spellcaster as a lead-up to actually playing spellcasters properly kind of thing.

    I'm thinking a Dhampir sorcerer with the undead bloodline. They'll become an Azata, obviously.

    Do you play Turn Based or Real Time? I feel that changes spellcasting a whole bunch.

    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Wrapping up my second playthrough, I've come to the unavoidable conclusion that I don't actually use my spellcasters as intended. Mostly they're there to shoot Light Crossbows and help pass skill checks. Because I play on the lowest difficulty, really the only casting I need is various healing spells, with the occasional True Sight, or Dimension Door when someone gets stuck on a piece of geometry.

    So in order to learn how to actually play spellcasters, I should make a spellcaster for my probably inevitable third playthrough. Learn to micro one spellcaster as a lead-up to actually playing spellcasters properly kind of thing.

    I'm thinking a Dhampir sorcerer with the undead bloodline. They'll become an Azata, obviously.

    Do you play Turn Based or Real Time? I feel that changes spellcasting a whole bunch.

    Real Time. Turn based just eats up so much time and this is already a pretty long game.

    Of course, there is that one quest.

This discussion has been closed.