As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We All Now Have Cavities in the [HALLOWEEN] thread

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    How was the Spidey one done? Used the knife to score the web pattern lightly into the outer rind?

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    she used a dremel tool to cut out the basic design, and then used the flat edge of a knife to deepen the cut and groove of the web design.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    grrmusha wrote: »
    I wanted to finally be female Pennywise for Halloween, but I'm too depressed to go out and have no one to go with. :(

Any events hosted by your city or anything? Or go to a haunted house; I've definitely seen people by themselves. Just say your friends were too scared.

MichaelLC on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    my friends are doing a Halloween /my birthday party tomorrow night.

I need a line on black and white face makeup on the cheap... and a black or midnight blue tie...

edited October 2018
    we had a combo of my birthday party/Halloween party last night... I had an idea in mind regarding wearing my suit and I wanted to do corpse paint makeup but on short notice I didn't think I could.

One of my friends was able to help me on short notice with makeup for the costume and since he's a professional artist (well... not makeup but the skill transfers...) and he really fucking outdid himself...
    f15yf9iu3znc.jpg

Tallahasseeriel on
    PolaritieEnlongSnicketysnickStraightzinever dieRear Admiral ChocoJansonchromdomEtchwartsKetarCrippl3ReynoldsIloveslimesKaplarDouglasDangerfurlionDonovan PuppyfuckersarukunLabelSkeithlonelyahavaCalicaSporkAndrewBucketmanfightinfilipino
    edited October 2018
    I knew you'd hit awesome on that picture @Straightzi

it is extremely up your alley I think.

his original idea was to have the seven deadly sins spiral out from my left eye, but we had less time than he hoped. so he went with that which... still fucking awesome.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    grrmusha wrote: »
    I wanted to finally be female Pennywise for Halloween, but I'm too depressed to go out and have no one to go with. :(

Any events hosted by your city or anything? Or go to a haunted house; I've definitely seen people by themselves. Just say your friends were too scared.

There are events but I need company to drag me out and it's too late now anyway to order the costume I saw.

grrmusha on
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So, Betrayal at the House on the Hill

I'm not in love with the character miniatures

Where would I find similarly sized ones?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    So, Betrayal at the House on the Hill

I'm not in love with the character miniatures

Where would I find similarly sized ones?

If there's a hobby/model store in your area you might have some luck with people designed for model trains.
    For weight/stability you can glue them down on a penny.

#pipe on
    Donovan Puppyfucker
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Alright... I think this is OK but I want to run it by someone else to make sure.

My son wants to be Odell Beckham for Halloween.

My son is obviously white. We have a hat with curly hair and an attached beard. My wife wants to dye the hair blond like Odell and then he'll wear pads and a Beckham jersey.

I'm a little concerned about the hair but I feel like it is maybe ok. Obviously I'm not 100% sure or I wouldn't be asking.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I think it's fine as long as there's no blackface involved. Tightly curled white hair isn't a stereotypical racial indicator, it's an indicator of a specific person.

And I love when folks cosplay outside of their race/gender/bodyshape. Be a Black Captain America, be an Asian Mr T, be a Fat Wonder Woman or a male Xena the Warrior Princess. Just don't use sterotypical markers to suggest that character or person's race or gender and it's fine in my opinion.

Donovan PuppyfuckerSkeithLaOsBucketman
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah. That was my line of thought as well. Just wanted some alternate opinions in case I wasn't thinking of something.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay. a bit of background. Ghostbusters have a thing called a "belt gizmo" on the left side of their equipment belt. In Ghostbusters 1, these were the circuit board of a 70's Sanyo calculator with nixie tubes and all. In 2 they were pieces of rubber badly painted.

These calculators are very expensive collector items now.

My belt gizmo is a custom kit I got in on a run of. Someone designed a real circuit board that looked like the originals and had them made by a company then supplied all the resistors and such. I had soldered the whole thing together. It had a small functioning part that would light up LEDs under the nixie tubes in various patterns. This was a new feature not seen in the movies but was neat.

Background complete.

My gizmo's lights have started acting weird and only lighting up some of the lights. When fiddling with the pattern/speed dial I can get them all to go in one pattern way after a bit but turning it off and on resets it to broken. I checked all the components of this functioning part of the gizmo and they all seem fine. Nothing seems broken. I took out the little chip and reseated it to no avail.

I mean worse case I just go movie accurate and leave it off. This has a slight benefit of allowing me to remove the tiny 9volt battery pouch, freeing up a small amount of space on my crowded belt.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

MatevBucketman
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I want a crunch bar. Crisped rice is really good in chocolates.

TallahasseerielCrippl3E.Coyote
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Okay. a bit of background. Ghostbusters have a thing called a "belt gizmo" on the left side of their equipment belt. In Ghostbusters 1, these were the circuit board of a 70's Sanyo calculator with nixie tubes and all. In 2 they were pieces of rubber badly painted.

These calculators are very expensive collector items now.

My belt gizmo is a custom kit I got in on a run of. Someone designed a real circuit board that looked like the originals and had them made by a company then supplied all the resistors and such. I had soldered the whole thing together. It had a small functioning part that would light up LEDs under the nixie tubes in various patterns. This was a new feature not seen in the movies but was neat.

Background complete.

My gizmo's lights have started acting weird and only lighting up some of the lights. When fiddling with the pattern/speed dial I can get them all to go in one pattern way after a bit but turning it off and on resets it to broken. I checked all the components of this functioning part of the gizmo and they all seem fine. Nothing seems broken. I took out the little chip and reseated it to no avail.

I mean worse case I just go movie accurate and leave it off. This has a slight benefit of allowing me to remove the tiny 9volt battery pouch, freeing up a small amount of space on my crowded belt.

Nixie tubes are very fragile, is the issue with one or more of the tubes?

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    58w46shhjqyn.jpg
    My group's annual Halloween Parade went really well. We won some kind of prize, despite us not having the hearse with us this year!

3cl1ps3TicaldfjamfurlionEtchwartsMatevDonovan PuppyfuckerLabellonelyahavasarukunCaptain InertiaDouglasDangerZonugalTynnanPerrsunnever dieIloveslimesCalicaIronKnuckle's GhostJansonHeadCreepsPeenfightinfilipinoironsizide
    u8fiyoip1cwr.jpg
    We were popular as always, but we just can't beat He-Man.

3cl1ps3EtchwartsReynoldsfurlionjgeisDonovan PuppyfuckerSkeithlonelyahavasarukunStiltsDouglasDangerZonugalnever dieIloveslimesCalicaJansonSporkAndrewPeenfightinfilipinoironsizide
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    We bought a talking tombstone and fake spiders to decorate the new house with. I hope we get trick-or-treaters now that we'll be in an actual neighborhood!

Donovan Puppyfuckernever dieJanson
    In regards to @timspork's ghost and the nixie tube dilemma, leave the lights off if you have to. I don't even have a belt gizmo. The straights won't even notice. They probably can't even tell Huey Lewis from Ray Parker Jr. and half those bozos think we suck up the ghosts into the proton pack like it's a vacuum cleaner.

ReynoldssarukunDouglasDanger
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Never forget that there is a Baja Men song about Digimon and Halloween that was released as a CD in boxes of Count Chocula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8GFhiWcAI

Also, Hocus Pocus is awful

mkc.png
    Crippl3Bucketman
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »

That is a strange hill to die on. It is not a cinematic masterpiece, but for the target audience I think it is good.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    MatevsarukunCalicaBolthornvalhalla130Bucketman
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Never forget that there is a Baja Men song about Digimon and Halloween that was released as a CD in boxes of Count Chocula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8GFhiWcAI

imagine so confidently saying something so wrong on a public forum

miscellaneousinsanitysarukunDr. FlamingoCelloAndy JoeZonugalTynnannever dieIronKnuckle's GhostHeadCreepsvalhalla130pooka
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Hocus Pocus is fun and good, actually.

jgeis on
    3cl1ps3Donovan PuppyfuckerReynoldssarukunDr. FlamingoCelloAndy JoeLibrarian's ghostZonugalTynnannever dieIronKnuckle's GhostHeadCreepsTankHammerPeenvalhalla130Bucketman
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have no strong opinions on Hocus Pocus

SkeithCrippl3StiltsEtchwartsKristmas KthulhuDouglasDangerPerrsunBolthornCurly_BraceSLyM
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Having watched Hocus Pocus last October (for the first time since it first released) I will say it is a perfectly serviceable movie that has some fun bits and enough heart I'm willing to overlook quibbles I might have about pacing or such.

It's a fun Halloween movie, no need for everything to be high art.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    I have never seen Hocus Pocus and it has never appealed to me on any level

StraightziGSMCrippl3EtchwartsRaijin QuickfootPerrsunCurly_Brace
    It is deficient in every conceivable way. We need to stop glorifying crap in the name of nostalgia and make Halloween great again.
    Like the Baja Men song up there, that's quality spooky fun

mkc.png
    King Riptor
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    fuck normalizing trump's language.

jesus i'm hypersensitive to this shit, but fuck that treasonous asshole.

CalicaMatev3cl1ps3
    Intentional sarcastic hypocrisy to the anti-nostalgia thing, but sure

mkc.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    u8fiyoip1cwr.jpg
    We were popular as always, but we just can't beat He-Man.

‘Specially not 80s glam-rock He-Man.

Captain InertiaDouglasDangerZonugal3cl1ps3TankHammerSkeithBucketman
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have no strong opinions on Hocus Pocus

Whereas I will quite happily fight a man to the death over it.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hocus Pocus is disturbingly focused on the sex life of a 14 year old

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

I live in salem, we still make money off that movie

sarukunMatevHeadCreeps3cl1ps3TankHammerSkeithBucketman
    #pipe wrote: »

Yes. This is me.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does anyone know of a good place online (Amazon or otherwise) where I could get a good hooded robe for a wizard costume? I'm sure I can find a decent one just looking around on my own, but I'm interested to know if you have any particular suppliers to suggest.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    My wife made our kids and I watch Hocus Pocus with her last year. After 15 minutes I started drinking Hopsecutioners as quick as I could in hopes of numbing the boredom. Sadly my sons are to young for that particular boring movie fix.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I watched Hocus Pocus when I was a kid and enjoyed it but only saw it once.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mirren what are your thought on the Tracy Jordan original song Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, featuring Childish Gambino?

Enlong wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good place online (Amazon or otherwise) where I could get a good hooded robe for a wizard costume? I'm sure I can find a decent one just looking around on my own, but I'm interested to know if you have any particular suppliers to suggest.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/inrt/
    https://youtu.be/Rc3jVX6cU2M