As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We All Now Have Cavities in the [HALLOWEEN] thread

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    #pipe wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good place online (Amazon or otherwise) where I could get a good hooded robe for a wizard costume? I'm sure I can find a decent one just looking around on my own, but I'm interested to know if you have any particular suppliers to suggest.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/inrt/
    https://youtu.be/Rc3jVX6cU2M

"Oh wow. A wizard robe with internal lighting to look extra fancy and magical? That's awesome. Shame it'll probably run me over a hundred-"
    $40.00
    "WHAT"

Edit:

Aw dang. The only one in stock is the Large size. That may be too small for me. I'll have to get myself measured, or something.

Enlong on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Halloweentown is better than Hocus Pocus and I will fight anyone

CYpGAPn.png
    TallahasseerielWorsel96Sleep
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Halloweentown is better than Hocus Pocus and I will fight anyone

I will not fight you.

Because I think they are both very very good

Matev3cl1ps3sarukunBucketmanSleep
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I only watched hocus pocus once like a year ago and my friends spent a lot of it talking about the awkward teenage crushes on the main character so it was certainly worth it

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Mirren what are your thought on the Tracy Jordan original song Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, featuring Childish Gambino?

I’m for it

mkc.png
    Crippl3Bucketman
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Hocus Pocus is disturbingly focused on the sex life of a 14 year old

So are 14 year olds.

uyvfOQy.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I'm gonna just paste what I wrote for our Facebook post because I'm lazy. Here are links to watch Ghostbusters 1&2 for free this month:
    A lot of families approached us this year saying they're getting ready to show the next generation the original Ghostbusters films. Obviously anyone in uniform is going to have multiple copies both digital and physical (Obviously!), but for those of you who need a way to stream the film this October, here are some links streaming the film(s) for free:

Sony Crackle - Ghostbusters (1984)- https://www.sonycrackle.com/ghostbusters

Vudu - Ghostbusters (1984)- https://bit.ly/2EdOej1
    Vudu - Watch Ghostbusters 2- https://bit.ly/2EdPWkh

Amazon Prime Video [with basic Prime subscription] - Ghostbusters (1984) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PEX1IE

So pop some popcorn and enjoy!

Also Netflix has the Real Ghostbusters cartoon and Hulu has the Extreme Ghostbusters from the late 90s.

TankHammer on
    EtchwartsCrippl3Reynoldssarukunnever dieBucketmanSleepMatev
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I believe the first one is coming back to Netflix soon as well

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Hi cavity thread, I just had my first cavity filled. I no longer have perfect teeth, a grave dishonor.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I fill my cavities at home by smashing candy corn in there real tight to block out the plaque

mkc.png
    Donovan PuppyfuckersarukunCapt HowdyCelloAlexandierBucketmanLindsay LohanMatevLost Salientironsizide
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    TIL candy corn is useful for something.

sarukunvalhalla130
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Hocus Pocus is disturbingly focused on the sex life of a 14 year old

So are 14 year olds.

No like Im pretty sure his little sister takes a jab at him. Even the witches are shocked

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Stone Cemple Pilots?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That Mickey Mouse mask is made from the ass skin of Walt Disney himself.

3cl1ps3Matev
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am making some slight concessions to comfort this year. My school has been doing an annual little kid trick or treat thing for several decades. Being the only Ghostbuster I am given free reign to wander the school.

This year I've turned the constant pack hum off. While impressive to people, it just makes it harder for me to hear. Also I can turn the volume of the rest of the sounds up higher. I am forgoing my accurate 80's radio on my belt since I have a real one for the event. Also I'm going to wear thinner black rubber gloves because the chemical ones make my hands sweat and prune up something fierce if I wear them for a long time, which I will be for the event.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

TankHammerKristmas Kthulhusarukunnever die
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That mask is the final.boss of Manhunt 3

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Finished making all the stuff for my Bowsette costume last night

I just need to use a glue gun tonight to add barrettes so I can, you know, actually wear it

If I ever wear this again I'm gonna remake the crown because I rushed assembly and the asymmetry is gonna drive me insane but painted up it looks cute enough that I'll probably be the only one to care, so

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    StiltsSporkAndrewGoose!TynnanKetarTankHammerPsykomaJanson3cl1ps3Kristmas KthulhuCalicaSkeithMatevsarukunnever die
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey @TankHammer am I automatically hated if I get one of those inflatable kids proton packs for like $12? Also what do you recommend for elbow/knee pads? the cheapo ones I got a few years back are falling apart already

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    That Ghostbusters World app (it's basically Pokemon Go) seems like it's had some heart put into it. You can even customize your character to eventually get the Real Ghostbusters proton pack.

TankHammerBucketmanMatevsarukunnever die
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey @TankHammer am I automatically hated if I get one of those inflatable kids proton packs for like $12? Also what do you recommend for elbow/knee pads? the cheapo ones I got a few years back are falling apart already

You won't be hated but you won't be respected either. If you're gonna have fun, go for it! Personally, I would suggest getting a semi-accurate flightsuit together, grabbing one of those Spirit Halloween PKE meters and using that instead. Much less bulky and people will still get it.

As for the elbow pads, the best on the market are still the GBFans official run, created specifically for Ghostbusters costumers
    GBFans.com Costume Volleyball Knee / Elbow Pads by GBFans.com
    Link: http://a.co/d/37MnWgo
    Ceno wrote: »
    That Ghostbusters World app (it's basically Pokemon Go) seems like it's had some heart put into it. You can even customize your character to eventually get the Real Ghostbusters proton pack.

I agree. I dropped some in-game currency on a Ghostbusters II flightsuit and am currently level 15. It's fun so far but it eats my battery like a certain green, class 5 full-roaming vapor eats hot dogs. I'm enjoying it just as well as I did Pokemon go, though. I recommend trying it out!

I am really excited to face down a boss monster with friends.

Bucketman
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well sadly I don't have time for all that, but thankfully my suit from a few years ago is still good. I'll post some full body pics once I get everything all set up for work halloween next week

Bucketman wrote: »
    Well sadly I don't have time for all that, but thankfully my suit from a few years ago is still good. I'll post some full body pics once I get everything all set up for work halloween next week

If you need it quick and dirty, some cheap, white volleyball kneepads from a sports store hit with some gray fabric dye spray will do you just fine. You may need to trim the elastic band down some. That's what I did before I got my GBFans set.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018

(the shoes are a size too big for me but i could probably like, put some foam in the heels)

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    CelloGoose!StiltsJansonKristmas Kthulhunever diepookaLost SalientIloveslimes
  • CelloCello Registered User regular

(the shoes are a size too big for me but i could probably like, put some foam in the heels)

!!!

Wait

Did you also just find the perfect Majima jacket at a thrift store

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's a shirt, but yes

i was checking out the blazer aisle (after i had spotted the shoes) and someone had left it draped over top of the rack, by divine providence

uc3ufTB.png
    Cellonever die
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

the full video is 12 minutes long and worth every second

6F32U1X.png
    StraightziCrippl3DJ EebsSkeithAndy JoeLost Salient
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I

I just started it. The AR parts are neat. You can actually walk up to the trap on the ground and look at it. Which would be even cooler if I didn’t own a real trap.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

TankHammer
    I

I just started it. The AR parts are neat. You can actually walk up to the trap on the ground and look at it. Which would be even cooler if I didn’t own a real trap.

I'm level 15 and I just got to put down a grundel that was trying to abduct some children in story mode. Yesterday I caught a kappa and a bunyip and I've trained-up my Flatwoods Monster and she kicks a lot of ass on my team with the Librarian ghost from the first movie and a Chinese guardian lion that breathes fire.

Game's starting to get pretty hard and I've gone from flush-with-currency to having to grind so we'll see how much longer it holds me.

Librarian's ghost
    Current dilemma. Tomorrow during boo bash I get to walk around the whole school doing my Ghostbusting. They will also radio me periodically to check on groups and such so I will need to have my school walkie-talkie. It is very loud during boo bash so I can't just put it on my belt. Last year I got one of those secret service style ear wigs but it was annoying.

I'm thinking I'll figure out how to fabricate some kind of strap to attach it to the left shoulder strap on my proton pack like they have in the video game.

TankHammer
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Comedy costumes are generally the lowest tier of Halloween costumes, but these are still worthwhile:

Raijin QuickfootTynnanCrippl3StiltsMorivethGoose!Skeithsarukun
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lenny Cravats just sounds like me on a Tuesday

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Crocodile Chun Li is pretty good.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Tupac Chigurh is the winner there

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    AuralynxTynnanCrippl33cl1ps3Andy Joe
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I

You should just go out on the street in full gear, strap the phone to your device to wave it around everywhere, throw out the actual trap when the game puts out a trap, etc.

uyvfOQy.png
    Librarian's ghost
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Here's what I'll be watching next week late at night.

pqZsd0R.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    grrmusha3cl1ps3Capt HowdyBucketmanTankHammernever dieZonugal
    Random Ghostbuster Musings:

How to strap down the activation pedal of my trap so it doesn't bang around when the trap is attached to its special holder on my waist belt, yet is still easy and quick to remove in ghost capturing situations.