As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    @MNC Dover
    My computer is set up again! I can sit and internet! I can...
    kgp5c8ckgx8k.gif
    Apparently there was shenanigans going on behind my back. I work from home, so my wife had to infiltrate my PC Mission Impossible style to get access to my Steam account. But once she did:
    tsccn0qdcpqb.png
    1v3lasekcn4n.png
    I was on the fence about Slay the Spire, so thanks for the shove - it looks like the kind of oddball fun I've been into recently, and I'm a sucker for both card games and roguelikes.
    And... Quill! We played Moss at PAX a few years ago, and Quill stole our hearts. I can't wait to high-five my little mouse buddy again!

We just moved in to our first house, so the last few weeks have been chaos... but a care package arrived to help!
    o29nu2tj0d5r.jpg
    The cutting board was immediately claimed by the wife and rushed to the kitchen. The towels were also immediately useful as at the time, we had a single unpacked towel. And the doormat sits in front of my work from home office, welcoming people (and my cat) to my lair.

Thank you so much, and happy holidays to all!

Oh noes, you got BotP! I got you fam!

Glad to see everything has arrived and is in use. Wasn't too sure what to get as housewarming gifts, so I figured a safe spread of items was the way to go. The cutting board looked great and I think the wife got jealous about it, so I'm probably gonna have to get her one as a holiday gift. :)

Working with your wife to stealth add you to Steam was fun. I drew up some MS Paint step-by-step instructions to add me. We codenamed the clandestine move as Velveeta Sunrise, which my friend came up with as a codename for any plan we concocted.

Happy holidays and I hope you enjoy your new home up here in the PNW. BTW, I'm your northern neighbor in Kirkland, which is near Seattle. If you're ever in the area, shoot me a PM and we'll buy you guys lunch! :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    All you people sending gifts before it's even December!?

Humbug! We still have gobbles to eat.

My year end gets crazy, so I sent so I wouldn't' forget.. Between the kids and work I don't even know how we got here. We're a mixed faith family so we do Hanukkah and Xmas both... so its pretty busy

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @Madpoet can you get a better picture of the cutting board?
    Not for posts or anything. Just curious.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    bIzVQ6K.gif

A package appeared on my step! I don't remember ordering anything that would have arrived today...
    8T6J6QAl.jpg

Galaxy Trucker: The BIG Expansion!
    fUYqYdUl.jpg

A nameless note, it must be Santa!
    v5IIFFBl.jpg

My collection was up to date, and you are correct that I do not have it! There's actually a bit of a crazy story too.

So I participated in the PAXU math trade, and I had actually listed the base game Galaxy Trucker for trade, but hadn't really made up my mind about it, so I had not checked off anything I would be willing to trade it for. I should have just removed it entirely, but I wasn't thinking about it too much. Math trade ends, and I see that I'm supposed to give Galaxy Trucker to someone. Now this is odd, and I wasn't quite sure how it happened, but I must have accidentally clicked one of the boxes in that column accidentally when I was making some last minute updates. I didn't like it, but I accepted it as my own fault.

Then, I got a notification that the math trade was re-opened, because two users weren't going to be able to attend, and had to back out. I was saved! I removed Galaxy Trucker entirely and this time, it wasn't in my results! The very next day, I get this expansion! It's a Christmas miracle! :D

Looking forward to enjoying 5 players, as 4 is often a limiting factor when family is around, and trying out some of the awesome and terrible cards! We had gotten pretty good at making solid ships, so things that really destroy them will make it interesting again.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    edit: SFBbxiN.gif

I don't know what any of that means but I was your Santa! Two other smaller things should be arriving in the next few days or so.

Also I will be at Unplugged so like, I dunno, I can Secret Santa you a hug or something.

Edit: ah, re read your post. Glad it worked out, then. Like a less bald Gift of the Magi.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Gifts bought.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    bIzVQ6K.gif

A pair of wild Amazonian packages appear:

RvzCA9X.jpg
    YAQV3sY.jpg

In the smaller package we discover a great utensil my life has been missing:

ZIEfYtW.jpg

Get out of my liquor, ice, forever!

The larger package revealed itself to be a glorious tome I suspect we all should have a copy of here, and now I do!

D4DK6uJ.jpg
    UaGNXVs.jpg
    Dm67THI.jpg

Very cool stuff.

Dang, thanks a bunch for the stuff and the kind words @ScudMuffin

Happy Holidays!!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey santa I just got a $15 psn kickback from a sale earlier in the season that I have to use by the 4th. I'm likely going to grab Spiderman tonight since it is actually on sale unlike rdr2 and their black Friday sale is over in the AM.

I will take a lack of frantic elves messaging me to stop that this action is permitted

• Options
    Santa, I am in the process of buying a PSVR (check out the Game Deals thread for why it's a process). It was that Move bundle with Creed and Superhot VR, and I'm also maybe getting Astro Bot (again, check the Game Deals thread) and Moss (I think Moss is digital only so I should be able to just download it instead of depending on a retailer)

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2018
    bIzVQ6K.gif

Dang, thanks a bunch for the stuff and the kind words @ScudMuffin

Happy Holidays!!

Wish I could do more, had a ton of baby ideas, but this time, its about you. I've got 3 boys under 4 so I know a little something to spoil yourself with is rare for the first couple years. I heard great things about the coffee book. I hope you enjoy it.

ScudMuffin on
  • Options
    Oh, my turn. Something just showed up in my email!

kgp5c8ckgx8k.gif

Thank you, Santa! I look forward to trying this with my oldest. Can't wait till the twins get a bit older for a full party of adventure! What a great idea,

mdduvb6zdp53.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Did my secret santa ever reveal themselves? And if so, did they also send the book? Inquiring minds want to know!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hey Santa, I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed with games at the moment, so if you wanted to gift me games I would suggest a gift card or something for me to stock up for Holiday sales on Steam or PSN/Switch. I'd like to replay Bloodborne and go through the DLC, and my Steam backlog is haunting me with AC Odyssey, and I bought a Pro for Red Dead 2, and Red Dead Online goes live this week, and Spyro, and Artifact, and Hearthstone Expansion, and Ashe is in Competitive Overwatch, and I preordered RE2:Make, and the list, man... the list goes on... I have 10 days off over Christmas so I expect to complete one new game at least.

So yeah, maybe don't gift me games as I feel like they will be shelved. I do like wall art, and figurines, and opening physical things though! <3 I'd say fantasty books are also nice, but I'm in the middle of the Dresden Files and I don't know if anything else is replacing that at the moment. Maybe a Guitar Chords or Piano Chords book. :+1: Trying to dive back into music.

Edit - Oh and Santee, I didn't forget or send my gifts yet. I'm snoopin' around for stuff to buy.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    Oh man! Gifts came. I saw the post person drop packages off at the front, picked them up (there were 2!) and was yelled at by the wife because she ordered presents and apparently I'm not allowed to open anything. If there was candy in either of the packages, that didn't make it to me santa.

I take the already opened gifts downstairs and present them to my crack package inspection team.
    dodkc_9ortSqKH76wFsGD4tsvTrTY4xgt6paGXBUibVhvB5EiZwD6WLCO4fFlrGUcATgFL2wu3uCSzQLOlJOGmnNmdCGcQWYXBbMcNgJMQxZfJi-PNh2_9DSrv0EYcUiX47teSi5FRIUlR8sspBQad9lAetPpywUjORuSQu54IgTLy9bzuLMOpZArpGXm2eDzHqLL15q-JlHrZJG64dymnzVsKP8Wl8ZSuv6qG2YJOpW-wcwQFBqNh9A8NeyzklTma6iwcykCfs0FQPkOxFR2w4638iup2wwJ3nA1ouRhRO6KkPvFKK1tROz2Gghn4H_rnFP5KYM6kWPZFy04rU52zTGFFHrek7sYIJGr1hLtsAfSyfZZjUz1YcZgG_HpqkUvSML4RycYd0wgOh4ZYD6FfxurR3eDjWhVvkwgg8DZBJ331N13qwttpp-W172Zd_fOZdrzP86M0-t3a2MnzEUvWD9OQDj_KhH4QMh7xFgVW7Mdo9N5vZJJL2DajLnJN-mlejevXNiN2tmjwz_ccWdFDy8Cy_-WMVBz2JHTzSv2zsruvA_iHTGrdHHY8Cn4iidSSTDvO71jgqfGEFM2FRs-bmX0euLKn0r2c_EtO0s9DazduU3mHGtlbGR_hrQHGzRaDAjn6tblTbvXIDky3zKrn9M_o2nGaZ1qMVrN5LXHlY_PClXBdfKLAQzBPGgIDFwvMjuKy5zDNHdtGjMVA=w918-h938-no

I strongly suspect they are more interested in the potential for treats (raisins).
    dmLKyUNjph_NSGpkKUecm8KAJChGilTJIvVBGSYM_ftqglRaWMYhEVt-SPHdwFodc8jNv2xpLQXLfgvU0xooDIGexA43RRDSh-nDrveNDRWN8WCOh3cZsjVJw4L8duiF7X_bpJjdtyEWfjM_WHq5zFf6uSC8u3l1ld64O5nDXbQOduz3Jyr0Y-YPM0kGh2lppW2Mx8hpyWsIrOUyWE_kjq_ryc8njTozdVdvEcoaoFsFTBFpMfcF3TAVxN7W2h4QnzFxTFf_t4ojfqouNgfJ_ATTMohSQK33RsoOlAS2wXFcEoiF_3mtj0d47L0fM4UZSYTXZYiua_YWdxFL_cqgbIzSTe74WQag9JwYzmdDyFKh6eZ3v7Gp79H6NO-7jyEZkdvp9lVZR8CJLHM9Ga1BZ99a-A_wVN_oHdSC7BS46ttZIpANYzl4dU8-72t17SJ-y0d4nu8gLWDUK-TnCnMtNvA-C7qZqvHMAqCgJyEwuN0FsGZ9qkNT4Q5Gt4Gc3M9CKnSfdnmQMZtKfTWID-UWkgEebQ6sh97MbZne5BAwUnwJjn6MCi6T5ForPgXtTDVjhI7wN5IdX8f3Musf2hdap3OO2z4UNFvDvqrzK4zVOG4fkIALEA1ixQe22FB0kr8YPpBPk37KFlXt0Yh77CsFAPjkZjhoTYplR7utX8SpcXxjZgFCBkPkMF5ayGWl_rrMkalWhzaMmcsPAQzz7A=s750-no

The first package yields a book! It is a lovely looking book and is quite useful as I delve into a new hobby!
    -S6NnSVAktP8Bs_-rCuvwDrB6ZbEDxDEegncK4ZW5Ql7SE5FveW4P3woHE_UkxgkVtGJVjPHojN4p7UbmXdzbrdhEGTAeSkRrKVD2MNxKZGLcAaWD8tzcixX-rZ2WAeUNcYRM_oSqe_o6fTIh2dSdMcTa9d4Kn87trRa80hnq46QGgO6-iBScXbDIrvYqlm_ZMaMRxnzuxn80hNk6cuEGn2umXGv23Ng8SXGzwvpmLaTSlOlE_-SaDTWCizgNsPWZuioKsm-aKdYBGSLk84LeE1y--L8SxUTSnQWcm1tOHqhLaWIFz7q2PiF_jm8njFCcsHqwyV2ndPeHjj1PG_zHV1pOSG_4pVF99vdq2RXlK1r1cGSNa9e7K8QdJfgyKlrK4TWpPT-mUFjOw5G1uCsJHPyZQ6OOIeI4mxLQpq6kGLSuM8xNokhjQcfdftbQHixGoBHnaOywKo7ORb2UWEEXzS9l97mOQ6cXDNI23kwZP5W01pbrsZKNXJv39IRFYBQQ-55EX5GhJm52RgbHtQRUUafN9dJ3zfjDurNIG-ZK0GGNo5Qwjj9uEzFMS9n7b48Fo-h5BXM9r6SM6lE3qjgDvuaBg_swpMkzUK8tbS4qzyAgaT9jLiXD1reBlvYuprEipfZmgKHZdyd6lEEhUZ1wfN1utr-WF4jCACQ2l1ruZHE6auNwxhd15lKQBJsvo_8E3NzjgCVH79CjuKEJw=w916-h750-no

The other package (which was heavy) yielded some amazing wood.
    D-8VTePu6UZOCPYCBDPvLHe7WGtJeEADq98z-GLAKKfc9c46nQ0itWrWKfJLSIHANs-M1pDqgUlhh_goQ0JlZZt-UkTaajB2BVk6eogVids4FphNU3BVSSSIQTOtbqQd83TULhCU0PLx_gB2NXSLF0Lo7-Xe1C_zRnCQBg7FbFYARG7lJVtMv-FmB4HDY4LVIlZSFVG13l3yf13Op2ZplNWtoKc32ziF6E_NtfTaeQKYWxaA9xV-2x3WIq4n0xsqv9sKy8smhfTcMhD4_oAYHWdOMvSS2Ceq4ZAtGPhXAvaf0mnAbrDE1M4WA8H2YENqcCD7LYDkoJ6LWlSZA-8hjMRcbnVwWdAGwbzLb_R-t1ssS7QnPCVufsyTkvcxJo7_I4XoIsqiUBAYkHodfvNALP6pX-BoDp1GsotoSTMhNPJw3Z3n-9_g10dugGl7a4j8nq2_684JKEGME_ZiOEnAACaGeTj_c3f61C7X7rD6uEDJrX1mxmdA9O7Lwz1GzWYKwcBzxfKhYyprem14WL2_6_vi-eQKOFbkQbYcCV_3u1oNRWM6wZ7gsDkhQ7L-1aaWqUOUfBwoC_ayjGBQatwhMNUu-1cVnWpCxzGlfz7p7NnzPrj64PulMYN2MlypZCJXzUZt2xN5tdzCNag90haKBv5Zr1GGUSNijrbbGaNHpfplusAfZ_SrzWlrL9KAIIJTl-5odxXKsDFnogOI2Q=w1251-h938-no

The bottom two are sealed in black wax. The Ebony actually is along the lines of that darker color. The bigger piece is Cocobolo which is super neat. The top one is snakewood.
    The ebony is interesting because it almost looks not real wood. Santa, this wood selection is crazy. I'm likely going to leave this in the bag forever and never touch it for fear of screwing up and wasting amazing wood. Also the book looks super useful and I'm sure I'll be referencing it consistently and wishing I had it much sooner. You totally nailed it! Thank you so much @Handkor

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Radiation wrote: »
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    Oh man! Gifts came. I saw the post person drop packages off at the front, picked them up (there were 2!) and was yelled at by the wife because she ordered presents and apparently I'm not allowed to open anything. If there was candy in either of the packages, that didn't make it to me santa.

I take the already opened gifts downstairs and present them to my crack package inspection team.
    dodkc_9ortSqKH76wFsGD4tsvTrTY4xgt6paGXBUibVhvB5EiZwD6WLCO4fFlrGUcATgFL2wu3uCSzQLOlJOGmnNmdCGcQWYXBbMcNgJMQxZfJi-PNh2_9DSrv0EYcUiX47teSi5FRIUlR8sspBQad9lAetPpywUjORuSQu54IgTLy9bzuLMOpZArpGXm2eDzHqLL15q-JlHrZJG64dymnzVsKP8Wl8ZSuv6qG2YJOpW-wcwQFBqNh9A8NeyzklTma6iwcykCfs0FQPkOxFR2w4638iup2wwJ3nA1ouRhRO6KkPvFKK1tROz2Gghn4H_rnFP5KYM6kWPZFy04rU52zTGFFHrek7sYIJGr1hLtsAfSyfZZjUz1YcZgG_HpqkUvSML4RycYd0wgOh4ZYD6FfxurR3eDjWhVvkwgg8DZBJ331N13qwttpp-W172Zd_fOZdrzP86M0-t3a2MnzEUvWD9OQDj_KhH4QMh7xFgVW7Mdo9N5vZJJL2DajLnJN-mlejevXNiN2tmjwz_ccWdFDy8Cy_-WMVBz2JHTzSv2zsruvA_iHTGrdHHY8Cn4iidSSTDvO71jgqfGEFM2FRs-bmX0euLKn0r2c_EtO0s9DazduU3mHGtlbGR_hrQHGzRaDAjn6tblTbvXIDky3zKrn9M_o2nGaZ1qMVrN5LXHlY_PClXBdfKLAQzBPGgIDFwvMjuKy5zDNHdtGjMVA=w918-h938-no

I strongly suspect they are more interested in the potential for treats (raisins).
    dmLKyUNjph_NSGpkKUecm8KAJChGilTJIvVBGSYM_ftqglRaWMYhEVt-SPHdwFodc8jNv2xpLQXLfgvU0xooDIGexA43RRDSh-nDrveNDRWN8WCOh3cZsjVJw4L8duiF7X_bpJjdtyEWfjM_WHq5zFf6uSC8u3l1ld64O5nDXbQOduz3Jyr0Y-YPM0kGh2lppW2Mx8hpyWsIrOUyWE_kjq_ryc8njTozdVdvEcoaoFsFTBFpMfcF3TAVxN7W2h4QnzFxTFf_t4ojfqouNgfJ_ATTMohSQK33RsoOlAS2wXFcEoiF_3mtj0d47L0fM4UZSYTXZYiua_YWdxFL_cqgbIzSTe74WQag9JwYzmdDyFKh6eZ3v7Gp79H6NO-7jyEZkdvp9lVZR8CJLHM9Ga1BZ99a-A_wVN_oHdSC7BS46ttZIpANYzl4dU8-72t17SJ-y0d4nu8gLWDUK-TnCnMtNvA-C7qZqvHMAqCgJyEwuN0FsGZ9qkNT4Q5Gt4Gc3M9CKnSfdnmQMZtKfTWID-UWkgEebQ6sh97MbZne5BAwUnwJjn6MCi6T5ForPgXtTDVjhI7wN5IdX8f3Musf2hdap3OO2z4UNFvDvqrzK4zVOG4fkIALEA1ixQe22FB0kr8YPpBPk37KFlXt0Yh77CsFAPjkZjhoTYplR7utX8SpcXxjZgFCBkPkMF5ayGWl_rrMkalWhzaMmcsPAQzz7A=s750-no

The first package yields a book! It is a lovely looking book and is quite useful as I delve into a new hobby!
    -S6NnSVAktP8Bs_-rCuvwDrB6ZbEDxDEegncK4ZW5Ql7SE5FveW4P3woHE_UkxgkVtGJVjPHojN4p7UbmXdzbrdhEGTAeSkRrKVD2MNxKZGLcAaWD8tzcixX-rZ2WAeUNcYRM_oSqe_o6fTIh2dSdMcTa9d4Kn87trRa80hnq46QGgO6-iBScXbDIrvYqlm_ZMaMRxnzuxn80hNk6cuEGn2umXGv23Ng8SXGzwvpmLaTSlOlE_-SaDTWCizgNsPWZuioKsm-aKdYBGSLk84LeE1y--L8SxUTSnQWcm1tOHqhLaWIFz7q2PiF_jm8njFCcsHqwyV2ndPeHjj1PG_zHV1pOSG_4pVF99vdq2RXlK1r1cGSNa9e7K8QdJfgyKlrK4TWpPT-mUFjOw5G1uCsJHPyZQ6OOIeI4mxLQpq6kGLSuM8xNokhjQcfdftbQHixGoBHnaOywKo7ORb2UWEEXzS9l97mOQ6cXDNI23kwZP5W01pbrsZKNXJv39IRFYBQQ-55EX5GhJm52RgbHtQRUUafN9dJ3zfjDurNIG-ZK0GGNo5Qwjj9uEzFMS9n7b48Fo-h5BXM9r6SM6lE3qjgDvuaBg_swpMkzUK8tbS4qzyAgaT9jLiXD1reBlvYuprEipfZmgKHZdyd6lEEhUZ1wfN1utr-WF4jCACQ2l1ruZHE6auNwxhd15lKQBJsvo_8E3NzjgCVH79CjuKEJw=w916-h750-no

The other package (which was heavy) yielded some amazing wood.
    D-8VTePu6UZOCPYCBDPvLHe7WGtJeEADq98z-GLAKKfc9c46nQ0itWrWKfJLSIHANs-M1pDqgUlhh_goQ0JlZZt-UkTaajB2BVk6eogVids4FphNU3BVSSSIQTOtbqQd83TULhCU0PLx_gB2NXSLF0Lo7-Xe1C_zRnCQBg7FbFYARG7lJVtMv-FmB4HDY4LVIlZSFVG13l3yf13Op2ZplNWtoKc32ziF6E_NtfTaeQKYWxaA9xV-2x3WIq4n0xsqv9sKy8smhfTcMhD4_oAYHWdOMvSS2Ceq4ZAtGPhXAvaf0mnAbrDE1M4WA8H2YENqcCD7LYDkoJ6LWlSZA-8hjMRcbnVwWdAGwbzLb_R-t1ssS7QnPCVufsyTkvcxJo7_I4XoIsqiUBAYkHodfvNALP6pX-BoDp1GsotoSTMhNPJw3Z3n-9_g10dugGl7a4j8nq2_684JKEGME_ZiOEnAACaGeTj_c3f61C7X7rD6uEDJrX1mxmdA9O7Lwz1GzWYKwcBzxfKhYyprem14WL2_6_vi-eQKOFbkQbYcCV_3u1oNRWM6wZ7gsDkhQ7L-1aaWqUOUfBwoC_ayjGBQatwhMNUu-1cVnWpCxzGlfz7p7NnzPrj64PulMYN2MlypZCJXzUZt2xN5tdzCNag90haKBv5Zr1GGUSNijrbbGaNHpfplusAfZ_SrzWlrL9KAIIJTl-5odxXKsDFnogOI2Q=w1251-h938-no

The bottom two are sealed in black wax. The Ebony actually is along the lines of that darker color. The bigger piece is Cocobolo which is super neat. The top one is snakewood.
    The ebony is interesting because it almost looks not real wood. Santa, this wood selection is crazy. I'm likely going to leave this in the bag forever and never touch it for fear of screwing up and wasting amazing wood. Also the book looks super useful and I'm sure I'll be referencing it consistently and wishing I had it much sooner. You totally nailed it! Thank you so much @Handkor

@Radiation you were quite easy to stalk this year. You just recently started working with your CnC machine and posting in the crafts thread. It made it easy to figure out what to get. I decided to buy you some expensive exotic wood thinking you'd probably never order some for yourself. After seeing what you did with leopardwood I decided to get types of with with distinct and strong patterns, the ebony was bonus cause it looks really cool polished. The hardest part was trying to get large enough pieces that could be useful for you, I don't really know what size you need for CnC since most blanks seemed to be geared towards turning.
    I know expensive craft materials are always scary to work with but since it's a gift, it's easier to be adventurous. Careful with the snakewood or at least read up on it. It is very dense and usually is used for turning, it seems to be very hard on tools.

It's not everyday that I get to give wood to somebody over the internet.

Handkor on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    emhyhwS.gif

The other two packages have arrived! My apologies for not posting these earlier.

It rained, so the packages were given a nice bag to stay dry!
    izmYKHKl.jpg

Inside the first!
    aAIoYkWl.jpg
    7KO6mGPl.jpg
    Nintendo funbucks! This will be great to pick up a couple of those indies people keep praising in the Switch thread! If I can steal back the Switch from my kids and their Pokemon.

Another package!
    1QctZk5l.jpg
    LT3mZDkl.jpg
    Oh wow! This is amazing! I've read a few of these on the xkcd website, but now to have all of them in the book?! Thank you! It will be fun reading these to the kids too, especially my older boy Jeremy.

Thank you so much @cooljammer00 !!! I hope we can cross paths at Unplugged.

Also, reposting the gift get gifs for those who want them
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    LJWaakG.gif
    emhyhwS.gif
    3TX0C9Q.gif
    6J34LmD.gif
    9DxtKmH.gif

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Oh it was perfect! I just feel like I'm still learning a bunch so I'm not anywhere close to working on the woods. I've definitely eyed them at the exotic wood store when I go there. And it will be exciting finding a project to work on it eventually.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    TIL an exotic wood store is a thing.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    TIL an exotic wood store is a thing.

:winky:

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    We barely have regular wood here. Maybe I’m just getting old.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    We barely have regular wood here. Maybe I’m just getting old.

They have a pill for that now.

• Options
    Wait, that Eshop card says it's only good for the Wii U and 3DS. Is it just because the Switch didn't exist yet, or did I buy the wrong card?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also, What If? is a great book. One of my favorites of all time, actually - the baseball question is just brilliant.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Wait, that Eshop card says it's only good for the Wii U and 3DS. Is it just because the Switch didn't exist yet, or did I buy the wrong card?

I'm pretty sure their codes work for any Nintendo service.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Yeah, considering that your funds are available on any "Nintendo shop" platform it'll be compatible simply by adding to your balance.
    Anyone know if those are nation-specific like Xbox cards are?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah, considering that your funds are available on any "Nintendo shop" platform it'll be compatible simply by adding to your balance.

They can only be added to the relevant regional account. However you can have multiple accounts on the switch from different regions and purchase games from those. Games work across every region.

• Options

You're fine! It's all the same and I already added it via the Switch, so no problems!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

What sucks is that I still have one of those old Nintendo 20 dollar point cards from the Wii era that I never got to redeem before they retired them.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

What sucks is that I still have one of those old Nintendo 20 dollar point cards from the Wii era that I never got to redeem before they retired them.

Can you still enter codes on the Wii? I know the games are still up for a bit longer, but you can't buy any points anymore on the shop.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    ZIEfYtW.jpg

When I saw 'Spirit Stones' on the label I thought for a hot minute that someone was gifting new-age hippy bullcrap.

Oh right, those sorts of spirits. Carry on.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking Ocarina of Time Jewelry. Those are nice though.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Those stones do heal though

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Gifts sent

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

Your main gift is in the mail! I might have gone overboard with the packaging, but this thing will get to you in one piece or else.

• Options
    Holy crap guys. Let me first say this weekend has been amazing. Yesterday I turned in my resignation from a job I've spent 5 years at. In those 5 years I've never seen a raise or a promotion and it's all around just been a generally toxic environment. I've been waiting 3 years to turn that in and it was very satisfying to do so. I'm moving on to another job starting out making 3 more dollars an hour with talks of already getting bumped up depending on my performance and it's 2 minutes from my house as opposed to the hour round trip I was driving everyday. I could literally walk to work.

And then I wake up this morning and I'm blown away by one of the coolest and most generous gifts I've ever received. @KoopahTroopah you're crazy. I have a couple errands to run, but I'll be posting pictures today. I had a spare minute and wanted to thank you for your crazy generosity. Thanks for making a great weekend even better!

• Options
    Oh cool, it got there. I have a feeling not everything showed up yet. There should be one more small gift which I request pictures of for the quality of it.

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Koopah, are you ruining it for the rest of us? (Good job!)

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    gKngLzk.gif

Gifts! What could be inside? (I have a new puppy that could have examined these for me, but if you look close enough you can see was a little busy with her food at that moment.)
    gmAVlzh.jpg?1

Woah, a LoZ chess set? This is amazing. I've been wanting to get more into board games and chess is something I'd like to get more into as well. I already know how to play, just not well, so I'll be able to get gud with this awesome set.
    46cMtOV.jpg?2

Holy crap there's more. Nintendo fun points!
    zYXnX63.jpg?2

And another gift card for my wife! She loves Kohl's a little too much so she'll love this.
    xflYy9Y.jpg?1

Your generosity is crazy @KoopahTroopah. Hands down one of, if not the, coolest most thoughtful gifts I've ever revived. Thank you so much. This secret santa blows me away every year. Merry Christmas.

I have some free time this afternoon so I'm going to open the chess set and check it out some more. I'll take some pics if you guys are interested.

edit: Ok guys, I always mess these posts up a couple times every year before I get them right. Hold on.
    edit 2: Ok, I think I got it.

anoffday on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    That's my boy, being awesome~
    Hey Koopah, how'd those shelves work out for your sister in the end? ;D