Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

CF Secret Santa Twenty Eighteen!

2»

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    In case anyone needs some help finding recommendations, Quantic Foundry's engine is great: https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/recommendations/tabletop/boardgame/

I'm also happy to help research suggestions, but I know there's a ton of good resources out there for that.

Also I realize looking at my letter to santa that I didn't really mention what games I've been playing lately - I have been working to better log my plays though, so you can see a fair amount of what I've played over the last three months here: https://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bygame/user/Nullzone/subtype/All/start/2018-08-01/end/2018-10-31

• AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    edited October 31
    I will say, whoever got me, give it a day or two before you try to use the BGG list - that needs some updating, though the trends hold.

E: Updated, realized I'd misplaced Ladies & Gentlemen, wife found Ladies & Gentlemen, all right in the world.

Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png

ArcticLancerMNC Doverwebguy20
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited October 29
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I will say, whoever got me, give it a day or two before you try to use the BGG list - that needs some updating, though the trends hold.
    Oh right, I should follow up on mine and also make sure it's actually good now. I did do a big overhaul on my wishlist, but then there was a math trade where I actually got a couple of things from it. >_<

[Update]
    I was a good boy when I looked it over Saturday night. Don't seem to be any errors~

ArcticLancer on
    MNC DoverAuralynx
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Just coming in to say I didn't think I could participate this year, and I see I missed the deadline anyway. I hope to participate next time.

ArcticLancer
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Had to fix my signature size and lost my gift get link. Also moved them over to imgur since Photobucket is irritating.

https://imgur.com/a/Z0dPADZ
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    LJWaakG.gif
    emhyhwS.gif
    3TX0C9Q.gif
    6J34LmD.gif
    9DxtKmH.gif

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngT298pV7.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    crimsoncoyoteArcticLancerDenadaAuralynx
    edited November 14
    A wild package appears!
    9DxtKmH.gif
    (Disclaimer, I'm not sure if this is for G&T or CF)
    MDuvAOul.jpg
    A package arrives! And my children thought it was Pokemon Let's Go Eevee.

ZIeeAOxl.jpg
    It's Small World Cursed! I have two other expansions but have been missing this one!

rfpHio9l.jpg
    Thank you @It Burns!

ArcSyn on
    jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1og83npmjgeii.pngT298pV7.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    crimsoncoyoteArcticLancerwebguy20DenadaMamaWolf
  • webguy20webguy20 Registered User regular
    edited November 14
    Hot Damn, Santa is coming early this year!

How is Small World? I've never played it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Hot Damn, Santa is coming early this year!

How is Small World? I've never played it.

It's a fun area control game that's very light. No big combat and you never get attached to your race or area, because you'll just capture it later.

webguy20Auralynx
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Screen-Shot-2016-02-11-at-2.11.03-PM.png

Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 15
    Mystery Amazon package in the mailbox. Not sure if from G&T or CF SS. Will post image later when I get home.

Edit: Here we go!

u2a51594vctu.jpg

And thus, the mystery begins....

MNC Dover on
    Twitch Page
    Steam ID
    ArcticLancerDenadaAuralynxMamaWolf
    Twitch Page
    Steam ID
  • webguy20webguy20 Registered User regular
    My goodness, a mystery package arrived. What praytell was in it? A very delicious hot sauce, as pictured below (I'd take a photo but my house is damn dark right now). Also a cryptic note that Santa is watching...Always watching. I don't know about that but they have DAMN good timing. I got paid today and was just getting ready to put an order in because I just ran out. So my hat is off to you Santa.

mu1rfo6wa3ki.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    MNC DoverArcticLancerArcSyncrimsoncoyoteAuralynxDenadaMamaWolf
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Got up this morning to find a package that wasn't there when I got home last night sitting in my mail pile. Clearly some pawn of the Ruinous Powers had infiltrated my home in pursuit of inquiries most foul!

9DxtKmH.gif

p5mr6whjnix0.jpg

This "Xan'ta" being seems to have attempted to disguise its agents as some sort of Yuletide band of merry-makers, but been thwarted by agents of Grimnir in search of Ur-gold. Also pictured are some foul relics of the men that once walked these ill-omened halls. They now wander in thrall to the Master of the Black Pyramid, afoot on some unknowable errand in search of peace... or souls to join their damned march.

And yes, Santa, the Eyes of the Nine in particular were the one I wanted - note my avatar / the box's contents! This should be in no way construed as some manner of confusing gambit to expose others to the whims of Tzeentch, the Architect of Fate. Nosiree. As to the Dwarves, the newer set's not out yet - was trying to leave a window, suggestion-wise, in case you dragged your feet a bit like I have been. These doughty warriors will probably annoy the hell out of my buddy's Orks at least! Thanks a ton!

Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png

MNC DovercrimsoncoyoteArcticLancerDenadaMamaWolf
    Awesome, glad I got you the right ones. The Elves were an easy purchase, but I wasn't sure about the Dwarves. Happy to hear you didn't have them already.

Here's to you and yours having a happy holiday season!

Twitch Page
    Steam ID
    Auralynx
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited November 19
    6J34LmD.gif

Didn't even hear the package get dropped off yesterday, so this was a pleasant surprise when I opened my door!

5g6ddbwe8k54.jpg

This looks really good! Now I have to decide whether to finish Well of Ascension now and read this next, or put that on hold and read this first. Thank you Santa for the book and the dilemma!

Denada on
    ArcSynMNC DoverAuralynxMamaWolfwebguy20ArcticLancer
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I might be the only person in this affected by it, but just a heads up that Canada Post is definitely still doing rotating strikes and it'll probably impact any delivery times here. This is as much a "try not to go for something with a tight deadline" warning as it is an "If it takes longer than you're expecting for something to arrive, don't start to worry immediately" reassurance.

2»