Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

CF Secret Santa Twenty Eighteen!

13»

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    This is an update for any cross border Santa-ing this year.
    The long and short of it is that international mail is literally being withheld from entering Canada where possible. International mail is expected to delay into the new year at a minimum, projected into March (unknown if this estimate is conservative or generous).
    It's pretty much going to limit your Christmas options to buying from within Canada, and there will likely still be some delay even then. The estimated delivery time on a pair of books I ordered from Chapters was about 2 weeks, so there's your reference. If you already put something in the mail you might want to follow up with Santa and let your Santee know so it can be anticipated and handled accordingly.

CF SANTAwebguy20
    Heh, what an ironic thing to come home to after my previous post ...

GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

It's always odd enough when I get home and a parcel has been left at our actual door inside the apartment building. I figured, "Well, there's that nature box order [better half] is waiting on, but it's the wrong box. Maybe it's those books arriving a few days early?" It was indeed my name on the box, though Windsor Ontario was an interesting source. I fed the cat, and in no great rush, cut it open just to make sure it wasn't an unexpected Secret Santa gift. Inside was a ton of bubble wrap with some structure to it.
    So it's definitely a Secret Santa gift

Well, best grab a camera then, huh?
    (Santa, I'm sorry that it was a slow, cold, lazy day here and I didn't really put together a fun unwrapping story to go with my gift this year.*)
    vzjexac0q1sx.jpg

It's not a small box, let me assure you. Upon removing the giant cylinder of bubble wrap from said box, and it majestically shedding said bubble wrap when turned upright, I had a snicker.
    syo33uz3orqb.jpg

And conveniently nestled at the top was a note~
    al0ddff4jn7j.jpg

It appears that my Santa remains shrouded in mystery, but I assure them that this gift is well received. I quite enjoy festive popcorn but never buy it for myself, so thank you for spoiling me. I made mini matcha cheesecakes on the weekend which we're still working through, so for the moment I've happily added your gift under (*standing beside, really) the tree to await later consumption.
    As to your note, here we return to my above asterisk: Knowing that there is more on the way that is - presumably, but not necessarily - stuck in transit, I will do my best to construct a proper unboxing story when the other half arrives. It's entirely up to you if you want to reveal yourself now or later - I am patient and enjoy cat & mouse just fine. ;)
    Best of the season to you either way. <3

crimsoncoyoteAuralynxMNC DoverArcSyn
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Yeah, ordering you popcorn that would deliver to Canada was difficult, so I ended up googling up a Canadian vendor for it. Turned out to be a good move!

So is that a totally insane amount of popcorn or a regular-but-large amount? I wasn't certain.

Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png

MNC DoverArcticLancercrimsoncoyote
    edited December 5
    I think the best reference I can give is that each one of those containers is about the size of a "generic store brand" ice cream container. Around 1.5 liters?
    (I don't know what common brands exist in the US, but it's much larger than Ben & Jerry's which is the only thing I would know is also there :P )

ArcticLancer on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    I think the best reference I can give is that each one of those containers is about the size of a "generic store brand" ice cream container. Around 1.5 liters?
    (I don't know what common brands exist in the US, but it's much larger than Ben & Jerry's which is the only thing I would know is also there :P )

Regular-but-large, then, which is what I was pretty sure I was getting. Glad to hear it won't go to waste!

Expect the second thing to be more CF-y.

Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    5f0qjnu1xfzo.png

ArcticLancer
13»