Options

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Octavian wrote: »
    Here is my trinket use macro, errors suppressed, that fires on flash heal. The trinket use is /use 14. Replace that with /use 13 if its in the top slot:

#showtooltip Flash Heal
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
    /console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 0
    /use 14
    /console Sound_EnableErrorSpeech 1
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Show();
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Flash Heal

Stole this to attach gigavolt to blade of justice, thank you

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Wait I can make multi priority macros

Uggggggggggghhghghghghg

Ill do these ones out of the raid I promise

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Will run mythics in 8 hours until eyes bleed or North Americans wuss out because they need sleep or something.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Speaking of mythics, is running them today still the plan?

• Options
    I will be online ready to SHIP OFF this siege key

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'll be around tonight to help out with whatever I'm needed for!

• Options
    I just got rid of my last not-400 item last night (a weapon, go figure), so I have zero bias on whatever gets run.

Though I guess that means it's time to start on a spreadsheet for what items I want for what stats then, huh?

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    If anyone needs alts run through mythic, my shaman needs like maybe a 6 or 7? I have a key for an 8 even

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    mirren you should put misirlou in milkglass to play during phase 2 of blockade

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Mirren always takes requests for Milk glass

Takes them straight to the garbage

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    yeah I know but I keep making them like some sort of maroon

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Milk Glass updates are on the list, right after updating the OP. So don't worry!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    That's a real good one
    Also I friggin' love Dick Dale

mkc.png
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    cursedking wrote: »
    I see people mention Shirls as a holy paladin, I don't know what poster actually plays as them. Whoever it is, would they mind going over their rotations and also possibly ui/weakauras/whatever setup?

I've gotten into a place where I feel like I'm always contributing in a raid, I'm not fucking up, but I'm also always at the bottom of the healing charts. It's not like I'm doing no healing, but it is consistent and I want to try and figure out how I can be doing things better. I also run out of mana like a motherfucker

Right now I only PUG normal/heroic raids. I run with the talent that allows you to use two beacons, so I put them on both tanks. My rotation is generally:

Judge the boss
    get the melee group with Dawn of Light
    Put the HoT on one of the tanks
    Holy Shock someone who needs to be healed
    Flash of light people until holy shock is up
    Replace the Hot
    Holy Shock
    DoL
    Flash
    Repeat

I have the raid trinket for shields, I try to use that at damage spikes as well as devotion aura.

I'm not in the PA guild but I play a holy paladin in my guild and I have some reasonable parses so maybe I can help.

I always tell the healers in my raid that healing output is 1/3 gear, 1/3 execution and 1/3 UI. If you're comfortable with your abilities and you're not undergeared, one area that might be helpful is your UI. Are you using grid/healbot/vudo where you can heal a target with a single click? I use Vudo and I have holy light/holy shock/flash of light bound to my left/middle/right mouse buttons so I can instantly throw heals out. I use alt/ctrl/shift for other things like dispels and blessings of protection/sacrifice. The only thing I use my keyboard for is judgement (because it needs to target the enemy) and CDs.

One other thing that might be the reason you're at the bottom of your healing charts is that the pugs you're running with are overhealing the fight. If you're overhealing the fight, the druids and priests who can blanket the raid with hots are going to steal your effective healing and there just won't be anything for you to do. If that's the case, there's not much you can do aside from try harder to snipe their heals which isn't helpful for actually killing the boss. Additionally if there are massive damage spikes that require healing CDs, like on Grom, you're going to be at a disadvantage because our raid damage CD is damage reduction rather than actual healing. Your raid leader should be assigning a healing CD rotation so the healers don't pop all their CDs at once.

I personally find that Avenging Crusader is a major part of my healing on any boss that you can stand in melee with. If you're on a fight with high damage phases, I'd recommend trying out AC (unless you're going for the difficult to execute glimmer of light build). Pop it right as everyone starts taking damage, judge on CD and you can put out some incredible numbers. It's usually in my top 3 sources of healing with beacon of light and flash of light.

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    @BahamutZERO
    Dick Dale died today, and I blame you

mkc.png
  • Options
    wow, jesus
    yeah that's probably my bad

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Good teams to just watch run dungeons generally?

I'm trying to get better about positioning and being more aware of what damage I'm taking and I figure this might be a good way to work on that when I'm not actively playing

• Options
    edited March 2019
    T4CT wrote: »
    Good teams to just watch run dungeons generally?

I'm trying to get better about positioning and being more aware of what damage I'm taking and I figure this might be a good way to work on that when I'm not actively playing

jdotb for the super high end M+ clears. If they don't do mechanics right in the 20s, they die.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Glickz and Nerf are high-end tanks and Shakib is DPS, all worth watching.

• Options
    My name's Mike Blais and I'm here to say,
    I'm good rap real good in a rapping way

Last night I learned Projected Textures was turned off while we were doing our M+, thought I enabled it, didn't actually save the settings I guess cause they were still disabled when I logged in today

Today digging into it deeper I'm realizing it's extremely unlikely I have EVER had projected textures turned on

very excited to see if that makes me better at not getting hit by shit

that's my rap, thanks for listening everyone, special shoutout to youtube for making me go "hmm maybe I can fiddle with graphics settings to see if things are coming in better," gonna run a heroic dungeon now and see what this world looks like

• Options
    My name's Mike Blais and I'm here to say,
    I'm good rap real good in a rapping way

Last night I learned Projected Textures was turned off while we were doing our M+, thought I enabled it, didn't actually save the settings I guess cause they were still disabled when I logged in today

Today digging into it deeper I'm realizing it's extremely unlikely I have EVER had projected textures turned on

very excited to see if that makes me better at not getting hit by shit

that's my rap, thanks for listening everyone, special shoutout to youtube for making me go "hmm maybe I can fiddle with graphics settings to see if things are coming in better," gonna run a heroic dungeon now and see what this world looks like

Upside: bad stuff is now visible.

Downside: you are playing Myst

• Options
    I don't know why the projected textures option even exists anymore given how much turning it off handicaps you in gameplay

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    well like I was still seeing...some indicators for things.... that show up for some stuff, so I just...always assumed that's what it meant? Like I said I'm eager to see what this actually changes

e: example, the green swirls for the bolts in reaping waves still had...green ground swirly things...but the setting was off, also so far I don't seem to see a difference??

T4CT on
  • Options
    Super ultra downside: I won't be able to razz you about eating 1M shadow smash damage.

• Options
    who's gonna pad shirls' meters now if not me

just kidding I'll obviously find a way

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    who's gonna pad shirls' meters now if not me

just kidding I'll obviously find a way

Dont worry im bad at reaping too. I'll pick up the slack.

• Options
    I just want to reemphasize Shakib (Shakibdh on twitch) as a high quality, relentlessly positive streamer. Never ever gets toxic and does crazy deeps while being all nice about it.

Automaticjak is a good streamer to watch for healing, too. Another high-quality guy who never gets toxic. He plays discipline priest and wrote+updates the wowhead class guide.

• Options
    Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys tomorrow in whatever it is that you are doing raid-wise. Best case I'll be on time, but more likely I'll be an hour late to the usual start time.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    are we doing cheevos then heroic?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The new brawl "comp stomp" is an arathi basin vs bots.

It's trivial to win.
    It gives rep.
    It counts as a BG for the weekly this week.
    It gives 40 conquest for your first win.
    You can get arathi basin achievements (like 6 minute win) in it.

I feel like this has not been thought through and will be nerfed so you know what they say, exploit early exploit often!

EDIT: it doesnt say it anywhere, neither on the reward panel or after the brawl, but repeat wins are granting 8 conquest per win. Which is mediocre but still technically more than 0 conquest for 0 real effort.

Zenyatoo on
  • Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

It's trivial to win.
    It gives rep.

I feel like this has not been thought through and will be nerfed so you know what they say, exploit early exploit often!

It's probably been thought through because it was on the PTR, and the Brawl only shows up like once every several months.

it's the 'fucking whatever, just run flags the whole time' WSG brawl

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

It's trivial to win.
    It gives rep.

It's probably been thought through because it was on the PTR, and the Brawl only shows up like once every several months.

it's the 'fucking whatever, just run flags the whole time' WSG brawl

While that brawl was also really good for several purposes, certain achievements didn't work, and it was still theoretically lose-able. This feels even more obscene to farm by comparison.

• Options
    I got waycrest 15 and kings rest 10

• Options
    as easy as this brawl is i've definitely lost a lot of hope in humanity

Like watching 4 people fail to kill 3 (no healer) bots.

Or watching people only realize we're fighting bots 10 minutes into the brawl. Despite every bot having a SUPER obvious NPC name, complete with no -severname on the end.

• Options

Or watching people only realize we're fighting bots 10 minutes into the brawl. Despite every bot having a SUPER obvious NPC name, complete with no -severname on the end.

don't care; gimme rep

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

don't care; gimme rep

agreed. Javen we have to queue this about 60 more times thanks.

• Options
    Usually the brawl gives 8 conquest per win after the first afaik so if it's not saying that it's the display that's bugged

• Options
    Would this brawl be a good way to farm marks of honor?

• Options
    Usually the brawl gives 8 conquest per win after the first afaik so if it's not saying that it's the display that's bugged

yeah the display itself is bugged out. It's using the display for skirms, which gives 80 honor and 0 conquest past your first win. But afaik it's giving the normal bg reward which is 150 honor and 8 conquest
    Dys wrote: »
    Would this brawl be a good way to farm marks of honor?

For the most part yes. You get the boxes after every win and wins can be quick if your team dont sit around being baddies the whole game.

This discussion has been closed.