As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Weekly gave nothing of note , however the TW dungeon gave me an upgrade for the blue pvp trinket I was using.

As a quick aside demonology feels SO much better now that I’m semi geared (352) . Actually having a lot of fun with it.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I wish you coud mail all your timewarp badges to one character or it was an account wide tally

Xehalus on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i'm curious to see how demonology looks after the 8.1 buffs to the coolest talent, the demon summoning portal thing

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I cannot believe people on the previous page were putting WOTLK shit in spoiler tags. You people are the silliest of geese.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's not under spoilers because of the WOTLK stuff, it's under spoilers because of the future BFA story beats that they're ham-fistedly recontextualizing the wrath stuff with

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    it's not under spoilers because of the WOTLK stuff, it's under spoilers because of the future BFA story beats that they're ham-fistedly recontextualizing the wrath stuff with

What do you mean !? It was always like that we just weren’t smart enough to grasp the brilliance and depth of blizzards amazing writing!

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

What do you mean !? It was always like that we just weren’t smart enough to grasp the brilliance and depth of blizzards amazing writing!

9/11 was a Sylvanas job.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My god the quest to unlock Brown orcs is dumb. Just sending me all over

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Emeriss is...........

hard

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    With pilgrims bounty and the anniversary token you can get a 24% rep buff. It’s grinding time

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    speaking of things that have been retconned regarding sylvanas, they have changed it so that only willing night elves are resurrected by the val'kyr in Darkshore, because you see, the val'kyr can only resurrect the willing

please ignore everything prior

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That is a fairly large retconn

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I was in Portland this weekend and I had brunch at a funny little cafe:
    pyb2u4cnvzhk.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    speaking of things that have been retconned regarding sylvanas, they have changed it so that only willing night elves are resurrected by the val'kyr in Darkshore, because you see, the val'kyr can only resurrect the willing

I

But

Isn't the Undead starting experience literally getting resurrected while everyone goes HEY WELCOME, SORRY IF YOU DIDN'T EXPECT OR WANT THIS BUT YOU'RE FORSAKEN NOW

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I was in Portland this weekend and I had brunch at a funny little cafe:
    pyb2u4cnvzhk.jpg

it'll never catch on

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I

But

Isn't the Undead starting experience literally getting resurrected while everyone goes HEY WELCOME, SORRY IF YOU DIDN'T EXPECT OR WANT THIS BUT YOU'RE FORSAKEN NOW

PLEASE IGNORE EVERYTHING PRIOR

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    time to farm warfronts/incursions for the bat mount

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I

But

They weren’t Val’kyr ressurected I guess? I dunno.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

I

But

oh that's extremely explicit don't worry, there's one right there in the starting zone chaining rezzes

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    will incursions drop the arathi rare mob loot?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I

But

oh that's extremely explicit don't worry, there's one right there in the starting zone chaining rezzes

Oh wow.

I haven’t leveled a fresh undead since the old starting zones.

• Options
    yeah it's also a plot point that you have to stop the gilneans from giving the remaining humans in the area the worgen curse because it'll make them unrezzable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    not to mention the Derek Proudmoore plot that contradicts all of this too

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Oh my god I didn't even think of that

They are contradicting shit they put out like a few months ago

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    They can't have "All undead get tortured for eternity in Void Hell" as shown in Edge of Night unless they're all willing participants in undeath.

Vs getting forced into it and raising some questions about Blizzard's writing.

• Options

I

But

Oh wow.

I haven’t leveled a fresh undead since the old starting zones.

yeah all the forsaken made from cata onwards are raised forcibly by the valkyr, rather than accidentally from random leftover scourge plague of undeath polluting lordaeron like it was before cata. There's a whole 10 hour long scripted scene of sylvanas explaining the valkyr to garrosh in silverpine, then later it establishes that the valkyr can revive sylvanas if she's killed at the cost of sacrificing the valkyr doing it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I think it was night elves specifically that have to be willing, not humans. They actually made that change in darkshore to be in line with some other obscure lore

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    retconning out all those night elf death knights? bold move

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    will incursions drop the arathi rare mob loot?

Different bat mount, incursions (and warfronts) will get a new currency in 8.1 that can buy a bat

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It's because Night Elf souls normally turn to wisps after they die

• Options
    retconning out all those night elf death knights? bold move

If some night elves on darkshore are willing to be resurrected as Forsaken, I don’t know why that explanation wouldn’t also work for death knights. On the other hand, death knights are also different from regular undead, so there’s a pretty clear avenue for explaining why that resurrection could be forced upon them

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Death Knights probably don’t need that rule since all DKs worked for the LK anyway and lacked free will, so I doubt willingness factored into it

• Options
    I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Oh my god I didn't even think of that

They are contradicting shit they put out like a few months ago

Wait how does this contradict that?

• Options
    in the honorbound rep quest chain you help raise 1 willing and 1 unwilling kul'tiran as forsaken, but I guess it's not a retcon if night elves specifically are only raise-able if they're willing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Commander Stone or whatever her name is was still against being Forsaken and was actively uncomfortable helping the horde after she was raised from the dead.

You can go talk to her right now on the boat with the mission table and I think she'll say something like "I'm still unsure about this."

• Options
    edited November 2018
    The Derek Proudmoore stuff is the fun kind of evil that I am totally here for. It makes a lot of sense for sylvanas’ skillset, and could lead to some fun, fucked up, super evil. If bfa had had some other catalyst than the burning of teldrassil, I’d be pretty firmly in Camp Sylvanas I think, and a lot of my issues with the overall war story would be resolved.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah I totally forgot about her. She went a little nuts too if I recall

• Options
    I’m not sure if they changed it, but it’s actually much more stupid that you resurrect 2 night elves who you literally just murdered, and they immediately join the horde cause, while trying to continue to push the “undead have free will” narrative. There’s no plausible explanation for that

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Yeah that parts been weird since you kill, then IMMEDIATELY resurrect a bunch of Kirin Tor mages, and the very first thing they say is ‘For the Forsaken’

This discussion has been closed.