Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I got a freehold +10 key

BahamutZERO.gif
    Bucketman
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    On our first week of M+ in BFA we did a + something, I dont even remember, but it definitely wasnt a 10.

But then the item I got titanforged like 20ilvl so it ended up being better than mythic raid gear by a solid margin.

Titanforging: Still a mistake

The real takeaway here is that you dont have to do a +10 ever, just get obscenely lucky.

Irl coworker told me that last week he ran Freehold+0 and got a 405 version of the dice trinket.

steam_sig.png
    BahamutZEROTynnanBucketman
    I wish there were more guaranteed sockets to stimulate the flagging jewelcrafting economy though
    I'm a single issue voter

I miss when sockets were color coded and matching the colors unlocked a bonus.

steam_sig.png
    Marathon
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    I got a freehold +10 key

I would like to do that key this week

ALZff8o.png
    Dys
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I wish there were more guaranteed sockets to stimulate the flagging jewelcrafting economy though
    I'm a single issue voter

I miss when sockets were color coded and matching the colors unlocked a bonus.

I don’t. Because blizzard would be really dumb about the sockets and it was almost always better to just pound in your best stat.

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    I got a freehold +10 key

Me too, so I can get a dice and link it to Angry over and over.

• DysDys Registered User regular
    Atal'Dazar +10 is mine this week, which I think is a decent one?

Tynnan
    What are the affixes this week?

Twitch Channel
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    https://mythicpl.us

Tyrannical/Bolstering/Grievous/Reaping

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    that doesn't sound terrible, since reaping doesn't bolster

TynnanBucketmanBahamutZERO
    Yeah it's better than last week. Grievous is still tough and some dungeons are tough on Tyrannical, but it should be a medium week.

• AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I got a freehold +10 key

Me too, so I can get a dice and link it to Angry over and over.

They'll never find the body.

• ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Tyrannical and Bolstering sound awful for pugging it, though.

steam_sig.png
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Tyrannical and Bolstering sound awful for pugging it, though.

Bolstering can actually be very good for pugs; since they tend to be total AOE-fests, which is good, since with bolstering you WANT everything to die at the same time. Depends on the classes though.

Thawmus
    edited February 12
    Bolstering just means you want to kill trash packs all at once, or close to it if possible. It doesn't trigger from mobs created by abilities, such as the drones on Sand Queen. And since it doesn't interact with Reaping, those waves will be way way better than they were last week.

E: I agree with Javen above, with the one caveat that it makes having good interrupts very important for certain pulls, since some packs have enemies you want to burn down first before their casts get out of hand. On Tyrannical weeks, though, that's not as likely to be a problem as on Fortified.

Tynnan on
    Thawmus
    It's kinda hard to beat last week for totally nonsense.

Twitch Channel
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Freehold

BahamutZERO
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited February 12
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Bolstering just means you want to kill trash packs all at once, or close to it if possible. It doesn't trigger from mobs created by abilities, such as the drones on Sand Queen. And since it doesn't interact with Reaping, those waves will be way way better than they were last week.

It absolutely triggers from the crawler mines created from the mechs at the end of Motherlode, though.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
    Weird. I wonder if that's because those mines are the same identity as the preexisting ones?

Bucketman
    Bolstering Is Fucked.

Tynnan
    edited February 12
    I'm pretty sure the maggots in Waycrest that spawn out of the tank when infest ends trigger bolstering too

Javen on
    Saeris
    I'll take Times When It's Clear You're Just Piloting A Dressed-Up Database for 600, Alex

SaerisThawmusBahamutZEROBucketman
    Zay wrote: »
    Freehold

I need you, angry and fodo to fight to the death for my amusement, the survivor can run my key

BahamutZERO.gif
    BucketmanTynnan
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Saeris wrote: »

It absolutely triggers from the crawler mines created from the mechs at the end of Motherlode, though.

We discovered some trick to this. I dont remember what it was. Something like killing them directly procs bolster, but if you let them blow up it doesnt? Or maybe I have that backwards. There's definitely a way to make them not bolster stuff though.

So I am juuuuust short of having enough Titan Residuum for a 415 token.

Since I already have heroic level shoulders and will be able to craft goggles shortly, is there any reason I shouldn't scrap my current chestpiece and go buy the token on my newly-shirtless orc?

Dys wrote: »

Since I already have heroic level shoulders and will be able to craft goggles shortly, is there any reason I shouldn't scrap my current chestpiece and go buy the token on my newly-shirtless orc?

Don’t buy it yet if you don’t have enough azerite levels for the first 3 rings, at the very least. Around level 38-40 I think?

• AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    Well, you might get a really bad chest out if the deal.

Thawmus
    Javen wrote: »
    Dys wrote: »

Don’t buy it yet if you don’t have enough azerite levels for the first 3 rings, at the very least. Around level 38-40 I think?

37, actually! Which I just have.

I'm going to go through with it then, assuming I didn't mess up my residuum math.

Bucketman
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular

We discovered some trick to this. I dont remember what it was. Something like killing them directly procs bolster, but if you let them blow up it doesnt? Or maybe I have that backwards. There's definitely a way to make them not bolster stuff though.

Letting them explode used to not trigger bolstering. Now it does.

borb_sig.png

of all the things to prioritize hotfixing, they fix that?

Bucketman
    Freehold

I need you, angry and fodo to fight to the death for my amusement, the survivor can run my key

I'm not sure why I'd need Freehold over either Angry or Zay, since they are fishing for a very specific item, there.

well that's bullshit. Why'd they change it. Throwing yourself into the mines to not bolster things was cool.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Freehold

I'm not sure why I'd need Freehold over either Angry or Zay, since they are fishing for a very specific item, there.

ok, but you still have to fight angry and zay to the death

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I’ll be late tonight, possibly just absent. Which is probably for the best if we’re jumping in to heroic right away. My ilvl is probably a bit on the low side to be helpful.

I will probably be late if I make it at all. Joints all hurt something fierce.

Twitch Channel
    Of the 6 shoulders i can get with residuum 4 are great upgrade, 1 of ok, 1 is tiny upgrade. So guess which one i got.

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Of the 6 shoulders i can get with residuum 4 are great upgrade, 1 of ok, 1 is tiny upgrade. So guess which one i got.

It de-titanforged and actually rolled -20ilvl instead?

I’m scared of my next residuum item because I got the best possible drop the first time

Also still at this hockey game hope you guys keep wiping so I can kill opulence when I get home

I’m scared of my next residuum item because I got the best possible drop the first time

Also still at this hockey game hope you guys keep wiping so I can kill opulence when I get home

In a brilliant twist of fate, Fodo also got his best possible 415 azerite chest piece.

That’s not good. I’m not happy to hear that

This discussion has been closed.