As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I wish I knew how to figure out what exactly I'm fucking up so bad about my rotation to put me way under what I sim at when we're doing higher m+ keys like that

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I don't think you'll find a single player that achieves the dps they sim at.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I don't think you'll find a single player that achieves the dps they sim at.

yeah but like that motherlode 12 was pretty significantly under, my DPS for the dungeon as a whole was like 17k and I sim 23k

so clearly I'm doing something v wrong

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the sims are against target dummies also so your expected DPS in real dungeon/raid environments is naturally gonna be a lot lower with doing mechanics and frequent movement and not every fight having bloodlust and cooldowns up and etc.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the sims are against target dummies also so your expected DPS in real dungeon/raid environments is naturally gonna be a lot lower with doing mechanics and frequent movement and not every fight having bloodlust and cooldowns up and etc.

yeah but I tried to mitigate that by like...simming no buffs and using dungeon slice

ultimately the answer is probably just get good, just working on the path of....doing that

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    despite all that I broke 1k in raider.io

whats my prize

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    T4CT wrote: »
    yeah but like that motherlode 12 was pretty significantly under, my DPS for the dungeon as a whole was like 17k and I sim 23k

You seem okay, unbuffed single target DPS was like 15k and fully raid buffed all the extras was 20k. What are you pulling on a 4-5 trash pack and a boss with minimal movement?

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options

You seem okay, unbuffed single target DPS was like 15k and fully raid buffed all the extras was 20k. What are you pulling on a 4-5 trash pack and a boss with minimal movement?

first boss of underrot was 12k, the first real trashpull of underrot (the like 4 or 5 things on teeming at the entrance area once you're past the ticks) was like....18k? I don't remember exactly because Details didn't save it even though I thought it would

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I don't know enough Ret to give specific feedback, but you might try emulating Lightee, a (currently?) paladin playing on jdotb's MDI team.

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I don't know enough Ret to give specific feedback, but you might try emulating Lightee, a (currently?) paladin playing on jdotb's MDI team.

Perfect, I'll try and watch some vids. Thank you!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah you're never gonna actually pull the sim's exact number I'm pretty sure so that doesn't sound wrong

I'm also pretty bad at giving advice without like, specific questions so idk. you seem to be doing fine though from what I can tell

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    i'm basically just trying to minimize the numbers gap between me and people much better than me. some of that is obviously just that most of your skill levels are a lot higher than me (and a tiny bit is probably the like 5-7 ilvl difference) but I figure the more I can learn/watch the more I can improve on other than just getting better at positioning and how much damage I take

• Options
    i am relatively huge and full of sockets this is true

i may have different talents though, if you're using crusade still it is good now but has little room for error so that could be one thing

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I just play easy mode with blade of wrath and divine purpose. No extra buttons and lots of opportunity for extra procs to make numbers suddenly go big.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    thats what im using now because with enough crit/haste gear specifically and multiple stacks of the expurgation trait you get a lot of mileage out of hammering the BoJ button for critical strikes

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Yeah see I have lots of haste but just not enough critical to do that build yet

I swap between crusade and Inquisition, usually crusade with pugs for the practice and Inquisition when I'm doing shambler stuff to avoid missing and being more sub-optimal haha

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Shrine +10 just now. Shirls tanking, me healing.

Overall interrupts for the run:
    1. Shirls - 116
    2. pug Hunter- 9
    3. pug DH - 8

:bzz:

Tynnan on
  • Options
    prot paladins always register super high on that metric, I'm not sure if it's recording actual interrupts or just every time shield throw lands a silence even if there was no cast going on

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    actual interrupts, prot paladin will always have the most because of shield CD resets

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    prot paladins always register super high on that metric, I'm not sure if it's recording actual interrupts or just every time shield throw lands a silence even if there was no cast going on

look at 2 and 3 on that list please

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

look at 2 and 3 on that list please

Yeah, Shirls was an interrupt hog and didn't give those poor pugs a chance

<_<

>_>

• Options
    I can't believe shirls would do this

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah see I have lots of haste but just not enough critical to do that build yet

I swap between crusade and Inquisition, usually crusade with pugs for the practice and Inquisition when I'm doing shambler stuff to avoid missing and being more sub-optimal haha

yeah that sounds about right

you missed out on the crusade build prior to nerfing the damage on light's decree, it was really good with multiple stacks for those few weeks

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

its always specifically interrupts, the silences dont count.

• Options
    I will be on at the usual (your) Saturday night time, if anybody's down for some mythics. As before, down to try and push, or see what happens.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ill probs never get around to getting a better picture so heres the dogs, its my twitter cause im to lazy to resize to a png to upload cause its on my phone

Patches is the white one whose 12, Bella is the 9 year old beagle, and Bella 2.0 (thats literally how shes registered with the city btw) is the big one whos been with us for 6 months now

Any ways gimme your shambler dogs/pets, theres also two sweet little canaries my mom has

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I dont know why these images ended up being so absolutely huge. Im pretty sure I never made them larger at any point. Technology is stupid. Regardless this is Morgan. She does two things.

1. Looks at me with her judging eyes
    rRRFKRA.jpg
    OJrCclv.jpg

2. Sleeping with her tongue out.
    oCrylQb.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Windwalker is getting buffed in 8.1.5 thanks to some bug fixes. Currently, Storm Earth and Fire improperly calculates spinning crane kick modifiers and Dance of Chi-Ji. This is being fixed, which will result in a substantial increase in AOE power during SEF.

Tynnan on
  • Options
    Another expansion where SEF is bugged in some way that hinders it? unpossible

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    old lady Greta sent to jail for being too good
    j31do6r2nsva.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    dainersdainers Registered User regular
    My teddy bear of a dog Bailey.
    j1kmcbccg7ih.png

- sav, saavy, dainers
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Archie keeping watch from the top of the couch
    0q93sqccak9b.png

• Options
    has this guild just been a bunch of dogs at computers this whole time?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    niufnwst0w57.jpg

That's my lazy floof Nymeria.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I didn't know you had a 'mute, Bear

• Options
    She's a Siberian Husky. Got her from a family that had quite a few, in Oregon. They'd take them out to pull a sled every year.

Ours is lazy, though. Fetch a toy 8-10 times? Oof too much, gotta lay down.

• Options
    still thinkin' about galvazzt lmao

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    has this guild just been a bunch of dogs at computers this whole time?

This is a silly and preposterous question.

Go to your kennel, mister.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Apparently WoD Timewalking is adding BoA rep tokens for the factions that cost 50 tw tokens and give you 300 rep a pop

So if you have a bunch of Timewalking tokens and don't have flying in draenor and really want it it's gonna be considerably easier to get those three factions to revered

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey I just started working on that last night!

This discussion has been closed.