As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Condemned 2: Bloodshot due in early 2008

FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I haven't seen anything else on the forums on this, which shocks me, so here goes:

Condemned 2: Bloodshot has been announced!

Key info:
"Players will assume the identity of Ethan Thomas, former Serial Crimes Unit investigator, who has been called back to duty to track down his missing partner. The disturbing events from Ethan’s past have left him a broken man – a desperate burnout drifting aimlessly through society in an inexplicable decline. Fighting inner demons throughout his one-man investigation into a sinister conspiracy, Ethan will need to use anything and everything in the environment to survive as he unravels the mysteries shrouding the city in darkness."

"As Ethan, players will engage in visceral combat using a variety of firearms, blunt instruments and an all-new fighting system complete with defensive and offensive combo chains, as well as grapples and holds. To help track the killer and solve the mysteries behind Condemned 2: Bloodshot, players will crack open an all-new set of high-tech forensic tools. Using wits and brute strength, murders can be solved a number of different ways to keep players guessing throughout each suspenseful investigation."

So, to recap: Combo chains, grapples/holds, multiplayer with deathmatches. More brutal hand-to-hand. Ongoing conspiracies continue.

I can't say that I'm anything less than ecstatic about this. The first one was the first game I played on my 360, and I couldn't bring myself to pry it out of the system until I completed the damn thing. Played with the lights off at night didn't help either.

Awesome h2h combat, great environments, creepy-ass occult/supernatural/overarching conspiracy/faux-CSI/serial killer combination...I loved it, personally.

Now if only they can arrange it so that the forensic tools are worth a damn.

AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
FireWeasel on

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    both enthusiasm and trepidation. After i'd completed my exams, i spent my last couple of weeks at uni playing this. Getting through some of those last levels late at night, with the lights off and no-one around but me.. tense stuff. Obviously i think it's a great game, but it creeped the hell out of me which i'm still never sure if i enjoy. What they're talking about for this sounds good, but my one problem with the first was that at times, i felt kind of restricted in the things i could use as weapons. Like, just the way that every 2x4 or board with nails looked the same, it just felt like i was choosing weapons that had been glued to the wall, rather than grabbing a piece of the environment to flail at someone's head.
    Maybe that's just me.

Oh, also, mannequins. Screw those guys.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    hell yes

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    The first game was seriously amazing, so underrated

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    underrated by who?

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ah Condemned, such a great game. It took me weeks to beat the first one, it freaked me out too much!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i liked (well, insofar as it's possible to) how the various bad guys got more and more freakish-looking as it went on. Nice touch.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My name in real is Ethan.

This game HAS to rock!

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm not one for scary games, but after trying out the demo...I might need to pick up the first one. The fighting is awesomely brutal.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

This game HAS to rock!

Many meh-rific Mission Impossible games disagree

LewieP on
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    i liked (well, insofar as it's possible to) how the various bad guys got more and more freakish-looking as it went on. Nice touch.

Yeah, I thought it was a great play on the "Is he going crazy or isn't he?" angle. Until that whole
    metallic shard - cult reveal - secret documents thing
    of course.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

This game HAS to rock!

Many meh-rific Mission Impossible games disagree

We do not speak about that Ethan.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    FireWeasel wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

Yeah, I thought it was a great play on the "Is he going crazy or isn't he?" angle. Until that whole
    metallic shard - cult reveal - secret documents thing
    of course.

FIRST CRACKDOWN SPOILERS AHEAD
    honestly, i was a little disappointed by the whole "oh, it's some cult being led by this crazy guy and his mind-control powers. And the man you've been chasing who knows everything.. he's my crazed son" thing.. it just didn't seem as good as it could've been. Unless i missed something major, or have forgotten something this past year. If so, someone please elaborate for me

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just hope they fixed the one element of that game I didnt like, which was that the actual detective work was on rails.

lazerbeard on
  • Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    AWESOME. So underrated.

powerss on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    lazerbeard wrote: »
    I just hope they fixed the one element of that game I didnt like, which was that the actual detective work was on rails.

ah, yes, make that more involved and that'll be a big step up, too. I guess the PS3 version's going to have some controller-shaking involved.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    players will crack open an all-new set of high-tech forensic tools. Using wits and brute strength, murders can be solved a number of different ways to keep players guessing throughout each suspenseful investigation."

Sold. Sold. Sold.

Day one purchase.

Gaming-Module on
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I liked the first game, but the story was pretty disjointed IMO... I didn't get what the hell that guy was at the end who just popped up all over the place until you ripped off his armor shit. If they can make a more engaging story, which they should easily be able to do, as the first game was a large step in the right direction, they might have a winner on their hands.

A little more variety wouldn't hurt either. As stated, the detective parts could use some more meat. Also, I think this game would benefit greatly from a Half-Life style presentation - keep everything in first person. Those cutscenes kinda took you out of the game, and the character models looked a bit off... plasticy or something.

I waited till the price dropped on the first game, and I'll probably do the same here (provided it comes to PC again)

Noray on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I also really liked the first game. It was a really pure experience. Only things I thought hurt it was a bit disjointed story, as has been said, a reliance on finding hidden stuff to get more story bits, and the absolutely terrible ending.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Am I the only one who played the demo of the original and thought that it was so scary that I didn't buy it?

Raere on
    Raere.png
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think I'm the first to ask anywhere I've read about this...

..P..

...PC..?

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Raere wrote: »
    Am I the only one who played the demo of the original and thought that it was so scary that I didn't buy it?

Oh, I was definitely scared while playing the demo. I'm still hesitant about getting the actual game because of that. It was stressful enough entering a supposedly empty room in the demo. I don't know if I can handle that throughout a whole game.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Deusfaux wrote: »

..P..

...PC..?

It's pretty decent, but requires a hefty computer. You can also only play it in widescreen.

Unless you're talking about no. 2, in which case you might as well throw your wallet out the window.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Raere wrote: »

Oh, I was definitely scared while playing the demo. I'm still hesitant about getting the actual game because of that. It was stressful enough entering a supposedly empty room in the demo. I don't know if I can handle that throughout a whole game.

you do kinda get used to it, but it certainly was taxing on the nerves. That's one of the good things about the combat, though. With a gun, you can at least keep things at range. Like this, with the focus on melee combat, there's no option but to stand toe-to-toe with someone and slam them in the head until they drop. It's intense.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I never purchased the first one, but I found the demo to be quite excellent. Worth getting, or does it degenerate into repetetive bashing?

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome, the first game rocked, I was hoping for a sequel.

It got a little repetitve and disjointed towards the end, but the atmosphere of each level was still enough to hold my attention.

Pooch on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I never purchased the first one, but I found the demo to be quite excellent. Worth getting, or does it degenerate into repetetive bashing?

Some seem to think so, but not me, really. It's only like 7 hours long, and it isn't swarming with enemies, so each battle does seem significant to some degree. Especially since you still have to be careful with how you fight. Variety comes from environments and story bits, mostly, but it's worth it for the atmosphere alone.

Only thing I think it lacks is a grapple system, and that's in the sequel, so hooray for that.

Cherrn on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Deusfaux wrote: »

..P..

...PC..?

It's pretty decent, but requires a hefty computer. You can also only play it in widescreen.

Unless you're talking about no. 2, in which case you might as well throw your wallet out the window.

Hey guy.

I'm asking if there will BE a PC version of 2 as there hasnt been anything said of it.

I've had 1 since launch day and my PC is more than capable.

Deusfaux on