[Australian & NZ Politics] Australia Decided. Hm.

1585960616264»

• TefTef Registered User regular
    I personally applied for 240 employees in the NZ system, shit was super simple and we got the money through to the men in like a week and half

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    SolventSanguinius666264
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 26
    NSW is in the process of sending kids back to school because schools are safe and young people are not at risk.

Meanwhile, Waverley College closes due to a positive test today, and the same a St Ignatius College yesterday

The education minister says it’s going well, when this is what caused parents to pull their kids from school 2 months ago.

Edit - and a third school closed, the second just today, Moriah College.

-Loki- on
    NSW continues to just fuck it up as bad as possible huh.

steam_sig.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    As a somewhat lapsed tennis fanatic, I've gotten sucked into a twitter rabbit hole that's trying to find out why Alan Jones seems to have gotten retirement well-wishes from Roger Federer and Usain Bolt, of all people.

My personal theory is that his producer just straight out asked their publicists, no nefarious dealings necessary - often a simple "hey [some old guy you've never heard of] is a big fan and is retiring and would love it if you gave him a send-off he could play on his show" will get results from celebrities who are so inclined. But if for some baffling reason anyone wants to know more, Ketan Joshi (reporter, mostly on climate topics) did some legwork:

https://ketanjoshi.co/2020/05/27/did-roger-federer-just-discover-how-tolerant-australian-media-is-of-racism-and-sexism/

chrishallett83

Gee who would have seen that coming. In the meantime, the $700 million the government STOLE from the public will have do e so much harm. So many vulnerable people will have gone without.

steam_sig.png
    By my calculations, that means over EIGHTY PERCENT of robodebt notices were unlawful. This is a national scandal, but the LNP will just ride it out on a wave of positivity from the states handling of covid that they don't even remotely deserve

steam_sig.png
    tynicTHAC0VivixenneMorganVchrishallett83Vegemyte
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    plufim wrote: »

Gee who would have seen that coming. In the meantime, the $700 million the government STOLE from the public will have do e so much harm. So many vulnerable people will have gone without.

So many people fucking died.

THAC0VegemyteplufimAntoshkaautono-wally, erotibot300
    I've seen claims of around 2,000 suicides.

steam_sig.png
    But hey, as always: it wasn't about the money.

The cruelty was the point.

steam_sig.png
    tynicautono-wally, erotibot300
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »

So many people fucking died.

To the LNP, they’re the poor, not people. I doubt any of them care.

plufim