[Australian & NZ Politics] New Zealand Decided. Hm!

1777879808183»

• exisexis Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Today's drama is that McCormack hasn't chastised other government members for spreading COVID misinformation online, such as 'masks on kids is child abuse'.

Well aside from this pregnant possum that appears to have slept on my carport roller door all day, in the sun.

Guys seriously if you're going to post about news please provide some links to sources. Not everybody is reading the same publications and it can make this thread hard to follow when people are referencing stuff without context. Or at least provide some more detail. How sleepy was this possum? Is she still there? How did you get the car out???

Teftynic
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Frankly, not sure.
    I managed to open and shut the roller door in the morning whilst only being mildly accosted with possum poo, but didn't see her and attributed that to insects building mud nests in the door somewhere.
    It's was only when I came home that I saw her perched on top of the roller, and got a ladder for her to get down.

Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    exisGvzbgultynic
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    I should set up a business picking up live NZ raised possums and shipping them back to the fatherland

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I've already rehoused these ones in this washing machine.

Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    tynicTefMcFodder
    I used to hang hessian sacks on nails from my garage rafters. Chuck an old blanket in there and the possums loved it

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    TeeMan
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Billy Te Kahika's trying to jump on the Trump bandwagon. First he had a rally up in Auckland, now down at Wellington. It's a bit pathetic really.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Billy Te Kahika's trying to jump on the Trump bandwagon. First he had a rally up in Auckland, now down at Wellington. It's a bit pathetic really.

Kinda late in the process, innit?

MorganV on

Washing machine, you say?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

Washing machine, you say?

Oh no.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    TefAntoshka
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    It's just a generic "rally for freedom".

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/police-keeping-a-close-eye-on-controversial-billy-tk-freedom-rally-outside-beehive/4C2E3SYXDZPQZZA4CK2EC5T2MU/
    ...Tukaki labelled the rally as: "alt-right, pro-Trump, with nothing to do with freedom."

"New Zealand is the standout country around the world right now, we have freedom of movement in the face of a global pandemic, we are able to move freely across our country.

"You still get to go to a tangi and a funeral, you still get to go see your moko that has just been born in the hospital. You still get to go celebrate that 70th birthday.

"So what exact freedoms are they talking about?"

Billy's an unimaginative grifter and is flailing about copying whatever. It's sad that some have fallen hard for it but it's reassuring when I see the small numbers at his protests (and getting smaller) as well as the dismal result in the election.