As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Do as much damage as you can!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cleaning up my units since I'm almost at my cap again. Raid summon units aren't used in the mixer right? So Adam can go, along with the user created ones like Grinfield and Ashteroze?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    KH event “soon”? Time to resume turbo hoarding resources, which is kind of a shame with Christmas units coming up. I don’t care if they end up being horrible, I must have them :)

Sounds like tomorrow is the day for more info. 1:15 is a "special announcement", which could be nothing more than a new staff member or something else. Then the community panel, where I really hope someone asks about the Christmas banner.

No announcements for SOM and Xenogears, combined with the comments that they want more GL exclusives; leads me to believe they may not be coming to Global.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    SoM not coming to global would be a goddamn shame and also very confusing, especially since the latest datamine showed a lot of changes to SoM language in the game files.

Don't you put that evil out in the world.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    So, it looks like everyone should be able to get the max raid rewards without refreshing. Level 70+ gives 20k points and the max reward is around 200k points. The refreshes would help to get to lvl 99 max for the 5* EX ticket, though.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I really can't see them not bringing SoM back in some fashion. Randi is a pretty popular character and his 7* is highly anticipated. My guess on why it'd take a while is because they need to design GL exclusives for a new SoM event, as they probably won't release the SoM2 units as SoM2 was never officially released outside of Japan. Having an SoM event with new units for GL would technically be more GL exclusive content.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Sounds like tomorrow is the day for more info. 1:15 is a "special announcement", which could be nothing more than a new staff member or something else. Then the community panel, where I really hope someone asks about the Christmas banner.

No announcements for SOM and Xenogears, combined with the comments that they want more GL exclusives; leads me to believe they may not be coming to Global.

Oof, no Xeno would be a bad thing but there's certainly precedent for it. It will be interesting to see what kind of output these two new Christmas units have and how they'll fare in the meta. Thus far, the GL units have ranged from 'pretty good' to 'excellent' but nothing has been meta-defining and chart-topping since Freyvia was first introduced. I'd love to see a couple of GL-exclusive units that are on-par with the Hyou's/Wilhelm's/Ayaka's of the game.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Still no SoM announcement. There is more news tomorrow though.

I expect that they're going to push SoM until January.

Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Still no SoM announcement. There is more news tomorrow though.

I expect that they're going to push SoM until January.
    Doubtful since KH3 collab is in January.

Got the 10% ticket from the bonus stage, thanks guys!

The stage is super easy with a Merc Ramza with 100 resist all. If anyone needs it I can put one up.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    As usual, kill with an esper missions can go straight to hell.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Sounds like you need a Citra

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Goddammit. Last venemous vines run had rain cover block wilhelm 2x and I wiped. This time I tried and rain again blocked but I recovered. Then he did it two more times and on the last time I got phoenix on ayaka but he did swallow and that was it. I may have to redo wilhelm so he has genji shield instead of zodiac escutcheon. my last 9 runs at this and I never saw rain block but once. Stupid RNG.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The cactuar hit 99 sometime overnight. No worries there.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a Citra

the one thing I still need is a 7 star summoner.

I have a rydia, a yuna and a eiko but 0 citra (despite doing some pulls) heck, the rydia I got is only like a week old from a lucky pull on one of the freebies.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I think I have all my roles filled.

I have plenty physical DPS. Barbariccia is my magical DPS. Fryevia can fill the role if the boss is wind-immune. Sieghard is my provoker and physical cover. Basch is going to be my magical cover. CG Fina is my healer. CG Nichol is my support. Loren is my breaker.

Am I missing a role?

I think that because I was missing a provoker I was so disappointed at Sieghard's 2-turn rotation and lack of general DM on his provoke. I wanted to fill a role and Sieghard was nerfed (compared to all other provokers) in that particular area. His passive provoke goes some way to making up for that, but I would have been fine with a traditional provoker with 7* stats.

[edit] Oh, and I have 7* Eiko and Citra as summoners. I'll need to look into the next magical DPS unit for elementless damage and high turn 1 damage (for low-turn kills). Essentially, I want T. Terra but better, because T. Terra is being/has been powercreeped.

TeaSpoon on
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Isn't the next big Magic dps from a collaboration? I don't remember hype for anyone outside of Elly for magic dps. I know we get Golbez and Sol at some point but I think Elly is the gold standard if we get her.

I would recommend to continue running the raid even though it is maxed and you have all of the rewards. You still get Gil, XP, and rank XP.

Fuck you, Sieghard. Stop covering Basch. Stop it. STOP IT!

4 times in a row.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Fuck you, Sieghard. Stop covering Basch. Stop it. STOP IT!

4 times in a row.

Probably already know but pro-tip anyway; put your aoe cover tanks in the last party slot to reduce the odds of that happening.

Lorek on
    edited December 2018
    I thought it worked better to prevent cover proc if the tank was in slot 1?

From wiki - might also apply to single target as well.
    When more than 1 unit are attacked at the same time, the chance to protect party member is based on the order of the party, with left-most unit having the highest chance

Tiphares on
    edited December 2018
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I thought it worked better to prevent cover proc if the tank was in slot 1?

It tosses a coin (50% chance of proc) for each unit starting from position 1. If your AoE cover tank is on position 1, he'll be ST covered 50% of the time. Position 2 has a 25% chance of being ST covered. Position 3 is 12.5% chance. etc.

If your ST cover tank is on position 1, all the percentages move one slot over because the ST cover tank can't cover itself.

I actually don't know if the ST cover or AoE cover has priority with an AoE attack. If it depends on position, you'd want to place your ST cover tank in the last position and your AoE cover tank in the position in below it. If it depends on position.

[edit] If it depends on position, though, no one would complain about ST cover because you could just place your ST coverer on position 5. So... Either ST cover ia checked with the entire party before AoE cover is checked or the game checks each position for both types of cover before moving to the next position.

TeaSpoon on
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Festa ticket came down as my 4th Fryevia today. It looks like her STMR is probably more useful than having two of her 7*?

The roles I still need are 7* healer, 7* support, and a dedicated 7* magic tank. The Christmas units are yet more damage dealers which I am just swimming in. I do like how silly the nutcracker man looks, and he's likely to have a good Hybrid TMR, but I don't really need for damage dealers right now. That won't stop me from hoarding for Randi though. The dream continues!

• DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    My Fiesta ticket came down rainbow... Queen #4, that's a pretty decent STMR.

edited December 2018
    I just need a magic tank. I have M.Ramza but with dispels becoming a thing, I need a better backup than Mystea. My hope is that they buff WKN in that role.

What I'd like to see added:

1) Magic AoE Cover ability. Just match this with A.Rain's and call it good. Throw it in at 105 or 101.
    2) CD that provides 3 turn stat break resistance and charm resist to the party. Again just a copy of A.Rain's with different coverage.
    3) TMR boosts HP/SPR/MAG or some combo and boosts his LB. Assuming his 7* boosts his buffs to 100-120% or so and hopefully 75+ MP. TMR could add SPR to the buffs and boost them to 120-135% or so.
    4) Innate Stop Resist or Charm resist.

Those would be the basics. Nothing crazy, just putting him on par with A.Rain, M.Ramza, Wilhelm and others. It would give him magic cover and some much needed support abilities. A.Rain does Ailment, he can do Status protection. Adding either stop or charm resist again just puts him where M.Ramza and others are.

Other than those, I wouldn't mind seeing something based on SPR scaling, something like A.Rain but with Ice and Wind. If we're really lucky they'll make the wind one tornado frames and the Ice one freeze frames.

Throw in some HP/MAG/SPR passives, a CD with 1 turn 90% Magic DM and call it a day. Not sure how to handle his counters, right now they really suck and when he was enhanced they didn't get much better so I'm assuming they'll just leave them alone. Adding a chance to Stop or party MP restore would be nice additions.

Trajan45 on
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Fan Festa churning out some good rewards so far.
    We've got the lapis and 5* ticket from the raid. And looks like people at the event won all 3 producer battles, so everyone gets 2x100% moogles, 4000 lapis, a 10+1 ticket and a 5* 10+1 ticket.

What was the special announcement? I don’t see anything on Reddit.

According to the schedule, the special announcement is at 3:00pm PST, so it's still a little more than an hour before it happens.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Question, how does this raid work? The individual rewards seem to stop at 228K points and there is no raid summon?

Steam ID: Right here.
    Drascin wrote: »
    Question, how does this raid work? The individual rewards seem to stop at 228K points and there is no raid summon?

Yup, if you have all the rewards you can stop running it. Since we got the raid to level 99 everyone gets a 5* EX ticket.

I would keep using raid orbs until the end for the gil and xp

Fun live action Steel Castle. We’ll all get an accessory that has 10% LB, 5% atk/mag, and 25% doublehand.

Tiphares wrote: »
    I would keep using raid orbs until the end for the gil and xp

At this point, it's just habit. I see raid / arena orbs and they must be used.

edited December 2018
    100 floor tower coming soon to JP with GL following. Also they are looking at 3/4 star only trials, they have something in beta.

Edit: Shaley has Xenogears as her top collab, so might bode well. Chrono Trigger was the fan favorite. Parasite Eve was talked anout a lot which is interesting.

FF6 Shadow requested as reskin, devs didn’t commit to anything. Duane was top FFBE unit to get a 5*.

Trajan45 on
    edited December 2018
    oh great, Katy Perry collab...

EDIT: lol nobody claps after the video. Looks like it's starting Dec 12th.

EDIT 2: Wow, she showed up. Props to her.

Trajan45 on
    edited December 2018
    Katy Perry collab is a weird choice. Watch her be a meta breaking unit that people will begrudgingly use.

Edit: BabyMetal would be such a baller choice. Gumi, do better.

Cruor on
    edited December 2018
    haha I'm pretty sure that would be a JP only collab. While JP artists have a following outside Japan, I'm not sure if any of them are big enough Square would put them in GL.

The fact they a wrote a new song for the game and she showed up, I'm a lot more impressed compared to the Ariana Grande event.

EDIT: The producer getting embarrassed when she touched his cheek was cute. She's a 5* base, 7* possible, no idea if you have to pull for her again or if you get another one via event.

Trajan45 on
This discussion has been closed.