As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Here's the thing though Camilla is a bad character

I mean I know FE isn't known for deep characters but her only personality trait is what I can only describe as a "pg-13-friendly sexuality". She's fap-fodder with just enough plausible deniability.

She's also bloodthirsty and violent, which is a welcome change from "I just want peace!" *kills a bunch of mooks* "can't we all just get along?"

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wtf?!

https://youtu.be/ujbo0-ejx7I

Uhh, nice heads up?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Okay, 2 random 5*s for free is pretty cool.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    that is wild

camo_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    All my orbs to the Myrrh banner.

Looking forward to the merge update, all the ooooorbs, and the free units. Anniversary celebrations are the best.

(Also, wouldn't be a Heroes update without yet another currency/consumable.)

s7Imn5J.png
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I would drop ALL my orbs on the Myrrh banner but I'm busy saving orbs for Halloween Myrrh on the legendary banner this month. I wish I could just wait and see if I pull H!Myrrh on the special banner but that happens the day AFTER regular Myrrh.

As for that special banner....
    ejf1pygcv2e21.png

Red on the first banner has a 50% chance of getting me a new unit, but the downside is too hard. Red on the SECOND banner, however... I'd be satisfied with any of them.

edited February 2019
    Ok game. The free 5* banner gave me PA!Azura which is literally the one I wanted, and then I pulled a green orb on the free pull of the Minerva banner and got Hector.

Edit: Oh snap, Azura is +SPD too. My current one is just neutral. Upgrade!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I'm completely unsurprised that hero I pulled is Spring Chrom, the sole special hero that I had more than one copy of already.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    NOOOOOO IT'S SPRING XANDER. I'VE PULLED HIM TWICE ALREADY! After all that math I did. I have to stay strong, though. For Halloween Myrrh.

And the second banner didn't even give me a chance at Minerva.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Ok! They redid A Hero Rises and made it right this time! You get to choose your fav from the top 4, not having to rely solely on the choice of the masses. AND there is a banner after with all 4 winners. Awesome. Only bummer is just one unit per color, but I can see why with how the summoning works.

Now, every vote goes to Tibarn. Who do you guys think will be the picks? My guess is Tibarn, legendary Hector, legendary Azura, and Duma.

I went green for my free pull and ended up with a second airzura. Both are + atk but my first was a - spd so merging will be nice

camo_sig.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Bleh, Summer Elise. One of the worst that I could have gotten, but I can't complain much about a freebie. I guess G Tome Valor will occasionally be nice.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Got the Spring Camilla I wanted. Guess that makes up for my bad luck so far trying to pull Laevatein from the Link Skills banner.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Got H!Jacob which is pretty great since I didn’t have him and my pull on the Minerva banner got me Leanne! Two new units!

Acheron wrote: »
    Ok! They redid A Hero Rises and made it right this time! You get to choose your fav from the top 4, not having to rely solely on the choice of the masses. AND there is a banner after with all 4 winners. Awesome. Only bummer is just one unit per color, but I can see why with how the summoning works.

Now, every vote goes to Tibarn. Who do you guys think will be the picks? My guess is Tibarn, legendary Hector, legendary Azura, and Duma.

Yeah, it's basically A Hero Rises but with one for each color, and after you pick one free 5* it becomes a regular banner you can keep summoning on

I wanted every red unit except Leo (Tharja for merges, Nowi for teleporting defense shenanigans, Camilla for a tanky flier that isn't Myrrh), and only one or two units from any other color, some of which I already have copies of (and two of those being Azuras so more merges isn't a priority).

Got +DEF/-RES Camilla, so I guess I'm well on my way to Camilla Brigade.

s7Imn5J.png
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    My free unit was Soup Takumi. Oh well!

Did get Loki and Kliff off the legendary banner. No Duma yet

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I went Red since I only have H!Nowi out of the bunch but ended up rolling her, so bleh.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The game knows what you want. I got S!Frederick, which I... did not want. Not even interesting fodder.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The game knows what you want. I got S!Frederick, which I... did not want. Not even interesting fodder.

The trick is to zen yourself into a state of not desiring anything. Only then can you fool the desire sensor.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited February 2019
    Worst case scenario: they don't even give me a red orb on the next one. ....Well I guess the actual worst case scenario is: I open the red orb.... and Spring Xander comes out.

So the FEH Channel didn't even mention when the merge update is happening, huh? I'm getting pretty impatient with that.

Dr. Flamingo on
    Worst case scenario: they don't even give me a red orb on the next one. ....Well I guess the actual worst case scenario is: I open the red orb.... and Spring Xander comes out.

So the FEH Channel didn't even mention when the merge update is happening, huh? I'm getting pretty impatient with that.

It's the next update, which I'm pretty sure is coming Wednesday since Arena season is being extended to then. With all the stat changes coming in the next patch they probably didn't want to rock the boat mid-season

edited February 2019
    Ooo, tons of weapon refines coming in this next patch! I'm super curious about a few of these, like Seth's considering Seth sucks ass right now. (Also why has Jakob not gotten Jakob's Tray yet? He is, unquestionably, the worst hero in the game). Also Nino is not bad still, but getting a refine anyways... Which, yikes!

In any case, glad I've been saving my dew. I almost spent it last night but held off. I feel like at least one of these weapons is gonna be hype. I'm actually quite excited for Oboro's since she's an amazing armor slayer for me in Arena Assault.

Also they confirmed that the dragon flowers things work like summoner/ally support and ONLY apply to you and not the enemy side in Arena, etc.

Edit: Heroic Ordeals should be interesting... Considering.. umm.. I literally have every hero... I wonder how many flowers that's gonna be :3

Edit 2: Oh, I should have probably mentioned the patch notes are out on the news section tonight :3

Oh, and confirmed:
    wwfansfureyy.png

Warlock82 on
    What does the second part of that mean? Numbers already turn blue with buffs. Is this referring to something else?

s7Imn5J.png
    edited February 2019
    What does the second part of that mean? Numbers already turn blue with buffs. Is this referring to something else?

*Shrug* maybe it's just saying if the stat name is blue/red it's a boon/bane and if it's the number, it's a buff/debuff?

Warlock82 on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Sounds like it's talking about combat buffs/debuffs. A warning that goad-style skills will be in effect for the battle.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    AMELIA'S GETTING A WEAPON REFINE! REFINALLY! AND NINO GETS ONE TOO? SWEEEEET. I wonder if Seth's will finally make him good. Actually a lot of the worst units are getting improvements.... How many units are still left without a PRF?

Oh, and I actually pulled Genny on today's banner. That was pretty exciting, she's always been one I casually wanted but not someone I'd spend orbs on.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Spring breeze and the lava map getting nerfed. Unexpected, but I love it. Had to laugh at the "significant deviation" comment. Uhh you mean 95% spring breeze, 4% lava, 1% meme?

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Finally got a Duma!

+spd/-res

Well, at least it’s not -atk

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Who should I use on my laguz team, Reyson or Leanne? I'm leaning towards Reyson since he's the only green laguz so far and he seems to be the better figher. Leanne can't really make use of her great resistance in combat without giving her Distant Counter.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    I got a free 5* Clair because there was no colorless orb. yay?

--Mark Twain
    edited February 2019
    I pulled a little on today's banner and ended up with sooooo many Gennys. I'm super ok with this. Was out of wrathful fodder so was much needed

Edit: It's live:
    https://find.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com

I went ahead and voted Legendary Azura since she is busted. Also the bonus game to find Alfonse, Sharena and Anna is laughably easy

Warlock82 on
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Also the bonus game to find Alfonse, Sharena and Anna is laughably easy
    Why'd you have to say that, now I feel dumb for taking two minutes to find Sharena. :(

Also was hoping the wallpaper would be of the hero you chose. Not that you can't easily find all the art ripped from the game as soon as it's updated, but I like the "officialness" of it. :P

Weeee, another merge project done
    tnthgbd6lbqp.png

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Voting Gauntlet is bullshit

edited February 2019
    Voting Gauntlet is bullshit

That has always been the case :P

Edit: OH, shit... I didn't realize this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/an20h9/clarification_on_the_find_and_vote_free_hero_its/?st=jrqli296&sh=c6e5d9b3
    cdgjlteok6dc.png

So that screen they showed in the FEH Channel with the golden ? orbs was legit what we are going to get. You just pick one and get one of the winners at random. That's kind of garbage.

Warlock82 on
    man, I hope that's wrong. Was counting on the free Duma :cry:

--Mark Twain
    well it makes it more important to vote for your own top 4 rather than 100% for one

camo_sig.png
    That's a pity. I was hoping LAzura would be freely available for everyone to choose so she'd feature in all future abyssal F2P guides, only for people to complain the guides rely on her when they chose Legendary Bartre instead because he's their favorite unit.

I guess I'll stop voting for her since I've got her and vote in the other colors now.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited February 2019
    Oh btw, the person who made the awesome CYL chart has updated it for CYL3 results:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M9c7Xounc_tT9_QlTkjPtY5XiRMBiH-PhFWW68OASPw/edit#gid=1791687170

Fun to see how the rankings changed between CYL1 -> 2 -> 3. Like Alm got 43,500 more votes than CYL2 and 60,309 over CYL1 (which is understandable cuz CYL1 was literally Gaiden Alm... Echoes wasn't out yet). Meanwhile Tharja loses more ground each CYL :P

Edit: Interesting there's definitely some backlash over the Fates royals. Everyone except Camilla and Leo basically keep going down each CYL. Hope this tells IS something when it comes time to decide future banners to do.

There also seems to be an overall renewed interest in Radiant characters who keep going up in popularity on the whole. I guess they don't get too many alts typically (what is it, like Ike, Elincia, Mia and Michaiah with alts? And Ike doesn't even have a seasonal alt which kind of surprises me given his popularity...) (edit: Oops, also Sanaki I guess, but it's like, PoR Sanaki vs. RD Sanaki even then) (also edit: Ha, looking at the page just for this game, almost everyone went up in votes EXCEPT the four Laguz we just got on a banner and Mia and Sanaki randomly. At least in the top spots - towards the bottom a few went down but they have so few votes anyways)

Also Mangs would be happy with the explosion of Louise votes :P She's the 2nd most popular unreleased character behind Selkie.

(also Valbar not being in the top 100 makes me super sad... I swear Rinea is only so high for trolly end-game-ish spoilery reasons... which screw you Cipher for spoiling that for me on Berkut's card!). Also seriously, people voted for Conrad over Valbar? People actually liked Conrad? :/

Warlock82 on